Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://aux.avclub.com/scott-aukerman-talks-10-years-of-comedy-bang-bang-and-1834366092

TEN

MORE

YEARS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

A bit before the 5 hour mark, Scott mentioned how a few guests had walked off the show angrily over the years... did that ever actually happen, or was it just a joke?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Chairman Capone posted:

A bit before the 5 hour mark, Scott mentioned how a few guests had walked off the show angrily over the years... did that ever actually happen, or was it just a joke?

Jeff Garland is a well-known example of hating his time on the show. Conan wasn't too happy because he wasn't informed he would have to improvise non-stop for 90-120 minutes.

Carl Tartt (jokingly?) said on The Flagrant Ones he was pissed off at Scott for strong-arming Chief to be related to Bone Queef, so anytime he's fought against that prompt has always been genuine disagreement.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Who is the guest that manages to effortlessly brush off Scott's pimping suggestions and stick to their guns? I feel like it's Wengert or someone along those lines.

It's the opposite of Will Hines who joyfully lets his characters take a series of left turns whenever Scott throws something dumb his way.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Yeah Wengert will outright say "No" to a suggestion that would steer his character off into a new direction. "That's not correct." "I think you misheard me."

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
Maybe Gemberling too.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

the Insane Piano posted:

Maybe Gemberling too.

Gemberling, definitely. And Besser.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Thank God for MC Sugarbutt and Chief

Gum...

Shoes

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

ArtVandelay posted:

Thank God for MC Sugarbutt and Chief

Gum...

Shoes

Came here to praise Cart Tart. On the train home atm and his part is easily the most I've laughed so far. He's definitely the mvp of comedy bang bang for me the last couple of years, he's overtaken PFT and Andy Daly imo, I love those two but it's maybe because he feels more fresh

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 30, 2019

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah he’s amazing. Still hoping for more Carl Alarm.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I think Carl Tart and Drew Tarver were my favorites so far. Overall I'm enjoying it and I think it was a really cool idea.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Yeah, it's really nice. It doesn't have the chaotic energy of other anniversary shows or Christmas shows, but it's still a ton of brand new character segments that were all pretty funny.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If you don't have the time to listen, here are Scott's personal top four favorite CBB episodes, revealed in Pt1.
https://www.earwolf.com/episode/lumber-hack/
https://www.earwolf.com/episode/live-from-sxsw/
https://www.earwolf.com/episode/comedy-bleep-bleep/
https://www.earwolf.com/episode/this-is-the-story-of-my-life/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:28 on May 1, 2019

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
just got through Paul Rust and Neil Campbell, what a treat.

I ate the diapers! I'm gross!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Something I've noticed on his previous appearances but was even more pronounced this time around, Weird Al has to have dentures, right? I know the question seems strange, but the way he speaks sounds so unusual. I did a Google and nobody else seems to have picked up on it, but in older media I never picked up on anything like that in his voice. Am I jumping to conclusions and it's just a lisp or other slight speech impediment? I guess it also kinda sounds like when someone speaks with braces, but he sounds exactly like Leonard Nimoy in Star Trek '09 which is the only other time I've noticed a similar thing, and that was because Nimoy had dentures.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

Something I've noticed on his previous appearances but was even more pronounced this time around, Weird Al has to have dentures, right? I know the question seems strange, but the way he speaks sounds so unusual. I did a Google and nobody else seems to have picked up on it, but in older media I never picked up on anything like that in his voice. Am I jumping to conclusions and it's just a lisp or other slight speech impediment? I guess it also kinda sounds like when someone speaks with braces, but he sounds exactly like Leonard Nimoy in Star Trek '09 which is the only other time I've noticed a similar thing, and that was because Nimoy had dentures.

He’s always had a slight lisp. That’s why he forcefully over-annunciates everything.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I just made it to Martin Sheffield Lickely and I've never been so happy.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

is he trolling us or is this true?

edit: oh my god that's why they were talking about Reno 911 and Human Giant, I feel like such an idiot. Huebel confirms it. Here is the article if anyone wants to read it.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

ArtVandelay posted:

His might have been my favorite part, too. Though I also really liked Chelsea Peretti/Adam Scott and Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber.

One thing I noticed, I think they messed up once in the editing - I think John Lennon should have been before Rudi North, since Scott mentions something to Rudi North about his conversation with Lennon.

Overall it's one of the all-time faves for me, the huge mix of characters and styles and the occasional heartfelt moments made it such a great condensation of the show as a whole. Also, very happy that next week's #600 will also be something exciting!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I would really like it if CBB did another episode like the early years where Scott's out and a new host has broken in and taken over the show, but with The Boys.

Make them stick to the format. Have the engineers run it like normal, do guest segments and even Would You Rather, and let Sean and Hayes just gently caress poo poo up.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Mary Holland's favorite moment is PFT's laugh when she's introduced saying "HI I'M PREGNANT." That's probably my favorite moment too.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Franchescanado posted:

I would really like it if CBB did another episode like the early years where Scott's out and a new host has broken in and taken over the show, but with The Boys.

Wasn't there an episode a few years ago where they did this, but just for one segment?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Chairman Capone posted:

Wasn't there an episode a few years ago where they did this, but just for one segment?

It was the intro to an anniversary or Christmas episode a year or two ago. They were there for, like, five minutes before leaving. It was very funny.

HH and HHpro are the funniest podcasts I have right now. Besides The Flagrant Ones and Teacher's Lounge. CBB's been fine, but not hilarious, the past few months, for me.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I love that for the tenth year anniversary Scott just recreated shortened forms of all of his favourite episodes. Little eps filled with the same sets of guests doing their same bits.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Also someone overlay all the instances of the Huebel/Lennon conversation like the Monster gently caress videos.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Franchescanado posted:

HH and HHpro are the funniest podcasts I have right now.

I havent listened to this weeks because im still going through the cbb but man, the pro version is just gold every single time to me

justin mcelroy also loves HH and keeps tweeting about it, so good on him

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I think Paul forgot what new no no's are again

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

ArtVandelay posted:

I think Paul forgot what new no no's are again

That's been a part of the bit since its second appearance

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I love the New No No's every time, but they need more push-back from Scott or the guests to work better. Jessica St. Clair's Marissa Wompler getting excited by the segment and then confused before breaking down and saying "I'm scared" while Paul keeps going is funnier than Scott clapping along in agreement.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Mama Bread slayed me

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Neil Campbell is a weird guy

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

mennoknight posted:

Mama Bread slayed me

The whole Bread family was incredibly good. It's been my favorite part of the thing so far.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

ArtVandelay posted:

I just got to that part myself, and for anyone wondering, the song he's using is "Shout to the Top" by Style Council.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m94ip38UKs

edit: oops, there's more. Took me a few minutes to remember what this was: Pointer Sisters "Dare Me"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IprBx1OlBk

(3rd song doesn't ring any bells)

FitFortDanga fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 1, 2019

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Seaniqua posted:

just got through Paul Rust and Neil Campbell, what a treat.

I ate the diapers! I'm gross!

I have not started it yet, are they doing The Bachelor Brothers?

baby!

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

FitFortDanga posted:

I just got to that part myself, and for anyone wondering, the song he's using is "Shout to the Top" by Style Council.

edit: oops, there's more. Took me a few minutes to remember what this was: Pointer Sisters "Dare Me"

3rd song was Hymn by Ultravox

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

GoutPatrol posted:

I have not started it yet, are they doing The Bachelor Brothers?

baby!

Unfortunately not, but you'll still enjoy it

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Jesus loving Christ, the Tom Lennon and Rob Huebel quotes on this list

http://www.vulture.com/2019/05/comedy-bang-bang-podcast-guests-best-moments.html

What a fuckin' gag

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 14:16 on May 2, 2019

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

FitFortDanga posted:

It's an original: song of love ... by Martin. Sheffield. Lickley.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

If you're n your late twenties/early thirties, your mother probably got clumsily fingered to an ABC hit single

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNEdxZURTaI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I finally finished. I think I never want to hear Scott's voice again 😂😂