Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Woof Blitzer posted:

OCS is designed to be a paid summer time leadership internship.
Hahahahahahahaha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Seeing stuff like this makes me wonder how well Matterhorn would translate to the big screen. It’s one of my favorite novels precisely because the author is so good at setting the story’s set pieces, but I wonder if that’s something that could be duplicated on a cinematic scale, or if it’s best left to the reader to draw these pictures in their brain.

Edit: oops, didn’t see that we’re on a new page.

pantslesswithwolves fucked around with this message at 01:22 on May 2, 2019

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
went to a happy hour that was fully comped, which is refreshing since it was an extremely upscale place and my alcohol tab was almost 45 bucks for three bulleits on the rocks

hit it off completely unintentionally with a girl that was 110% my type but regrettably about 4 years too young and also on my larger admin team

don't stick your quill in company ink my friends

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
We are audlting so hard this past year. Had a babby. Bought a house. Started renovations. Moving this weekend.

What’s next on the adult list????

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
term life insurance

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Seeing stuff like this makes me wonder how well Matterhorn would translate to the big screen. It’s one of my favorite novels precisely because the author is so good at setting the story’s set pieces, but I wonder if that’s something that could be duplicated on a cinematic scale, or if it’s best left to the reader to draw these pictures in their brain.

Edit: oops, didn’t see that we’re on a new page.
Matterhorn is a masterpiece that I am afraid would get butchered in the translation to film.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I need to read Matterhorn. I'm a lazy reader.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Vasudus posted:

went to a happy hour that was fully comped, which is refreshing since it was an extremely upscale place and my alcohol tab was almost 45 bucks for three bulleits on the rocks

hit it off completely unintentionally with a girl that was 110% my type but regrettably about 4 years too young and also on my larger admin team

Your advice is boring and I'm not going to follow it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i live to serve as an example for others one way or the other

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Got a challenge coin from an appellate judge today for pro bono service.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

4 years too young? What? Is she 14?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

If Vas is ~35 then his minimum partner age should be 24.5 years. This is based on some extremely reliable calculations.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i'm almost 35 yea

she was like 26

that's really too low, considerably different stage of adulthood

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Not according to my calculations.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Got a challenge coin from an appellate judge today for pro bono service.

I hope you were curteous enough to wait until they'd turned around to throw it in the trash.

E: As a fellow 35er, I learned the hard way to not seriously date anyone under 30, calculations be damned. The life experience gap is huge, makes mutual respect hard.

Suntan Boy fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 2, 2019

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Vasudus posted:

i'm almost 35 yea

she was like 26

that's really too low, considerably different stage of adulthood

lol what

There are not different stages of adulthood. Just varying degrees of confusion.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Half your age plus 7. How is this not common knowledge.

35/2=17.5+7= 25 is your bottom line. Round whichever way you choose when figuring odd years.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Half your age plus seven isa rule to just be "not creepy".

That's a pretty low bar goons.

That being said, vas, I understand the sentiment, but if you vibed that hard, I say just see each other for a while, even as friends. You're changing jobs pretty often yeah? I feel like personal intimacy would be in short supply with a life like that, but do what feels right to you.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Half your age plus seven is the "okay to bone" range (with a hard floor of 18, you monsters), not the "okay to relationship" range. Hell, I'm 30 and I would seriously balk at dating a 25 year old. Fuckin' is a different story.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Didn't say it was a great idea. I'm over 20-somethings as it stands. Onward to the 30-somethings with no kids!

aka unicorn hunting

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Professor Bling posted:

Half your age plus seven is the "okay to bone" range (with a hard floor of 18, you monsters), not the "okay to relationship" range. Hell, I'm 30 and I would seriously balk at dating a 25 year old. Fuckin' is a different story.

im 35 and my hard floor is 28

any younger and idk wtf they talk about

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Y’all still have sex?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
"Micheal Scott"
-Wayne Gretzkey

Also, I get the reasoning of differences in life stages. However, my wife thought the same thing of me. I was too young blah blah blah. I proved I was different, and here we are still married years later.

Age is relative. I know 50 year olds who act like goddamn children.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Didn't say it was a great idea. I'm over 20-somethings as it stands. Onward to the 30-somethings with no kids!

aka unicorn hunting

Now seems like a better time than ever to poach 30-somethings who still live with their parents. I imagine most don't have kids but do have $100k in private school debt.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

Y’all still have sex?

I'm fairly certain that nobody over the age of 25 bones down, at least not with any frequency.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

bengy81 posted:

I'm fairly certain that nobody over the age of 25 bones down, at least not with any frequency.

In my personal experience I believe this to be true.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm too busy letting the voices in my head lead me around to listen to a woman right now. And too cheap to go get a whore.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

bengy81 posted:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Cole been on any cruises lately?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Y’all still have sex?

I remember not being married too

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Finally read/watched all of 17776. It's really good. Jon Bois a good writer.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fallom posted:

Now seems like a better time than ever to poach 30-somethings who still live with their parents. I imagine most don't have kids but do have $100k in private school debt.

Ain't nothin worth taking on that mess

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Brute Squad posted:

Finally read/watched all of 17776. It's really good. Jon Bois a good writer.

All of his written work is just as good as his videos. The Tim Tebow CFL Chronicles is incredible.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Vasudus posted:

i live to serve as an example for others one way or the other

The other way is Beanie's and we all saw how that worked out.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I upgraded my pots and pans and bought some wusthof knives and I feel like Gordon fuckin Ramsey. This poo poo is life changing.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Vasudus posted:

Never ever ever.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

colachute posted:

I upgraded my pots and pans and bought some wusthof knives and I feel like Gordon fuckin Ramsey. This poo poo is life changing.

I bought a bench grinder for the express purpose of sharpening my good kitchen knives. Next on the list is installing a commercial dishwasher, because I'm tired of everything else ineffectively pissing for an hour.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

colachute posted:

Oh?

I'm planning to replace all my mismatched and warped walmart trash next month.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Stainless steel Costco pans work for me, after "polishing" the bottoms and seasoning them, but I'm just a home cook that hosts more than an amateur chef or gourmet.

Clad bottom and fully clad pots are crazy good at transferring heat in predictable ways. It really is life changing.

If you want good cookware for cheap and don't mind mixing and matching, Home Goods or TJ Maxx will have All-Clad pans, great cutting boards, and other good quality kitchen wares at a huge discount. I go there all the time for kitchen stuff on the cheap.

$15 end grain teak b

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I just use my cast iron pan for everything because it heats well and I am bad at cooking with other things.