Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

pseudanonymous posted:

How would they profit from revealing Jordan's notes?

Sell it now years later as a book?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Katt posted:

Sell it now years later as a book?

I think if the reviews and sales had been really bad they might've tried to disown the Sanderson sequels. As it is they sold well, and Jordan's wife picked Sanderson, I doubt it's likely she's going to publicly say "oh he hosed them up".

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

parris hires sanderson to finish ASOIAF, but then sanderson has to hire bakker to fill in the gross bits and write the word gently caress in all the places where it needs to go

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

And then the Others win.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
At least jordan only took 7 years to put out 4 books and meander through his “slog”. It’s been 19 years since the absolut fucker wrote anything besides meandering side plot bullshit.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

th3t00t posted:

At least jordan only took 7 years to put out 4 books and meander through his “slog”. It’s been 19 years since the absolut fucker wrote anything besides meandering side plot bullshit.

i respect the grift

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
If Stannis isn't the one to burn Shireen (and it's looking like thats the case, in the Book Which Will Never Be Published), I'm gonna be so mad at D&D for ruining my Mannis.

God the 5th season sucked so bad

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Mike N Eich posted:

If Stannis isn't the one to burn Shireen (and it's looking like thats the case, in the Book Which Will Never Be Published), I'm gonna be so mad at D&D for ruining my Mannis.

God the 5th season sucked so bad

You gotta respect how D&D dumpster characters they no longer want around.

Stannis? We're done with your plot so you're gonna burn Shireen and suicide your army at Ramsay even though you're supposed to be one of the better tacticians in Westeros. Oh and you're also gonna get randomly beheaded by Brienne for fan service reasons.

Osha? We no longer need you so Ramsay is gonna kill you and crack a one liner because why not.

Barristan? It's time to go die in an alley against some random grunts old man.

etc

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LOL remember when GRRM wanted to add a Ros POV chapter to WoW because he liked the ginger titty lady?

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

LOL remember when GRRM wanted to add a Ros POV chapter to WoW because he liked the ginger titty lady?

Its kind of legitimately disgusting that once that actress decided she didn't want to do nude scenes anymore D&D was like, well, I guess we'll just murder you now

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

w/ current events around Winterfell there are structural reasons why the pov of a Wintertown prostitute could be useful,

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Holy poo poo, you guys, did you hear the news that came out about the Winnie the Pooh voice actor? This thread called it. Turns out he's a rapist.

Bad Thread knew.

quote:

He didn't remember being captured.

Jaimie struggled against his bonds but found the act fruitless. He was surprised to find that he still had his golden hand on. How did they capture him?

He saw his men lying on the ground, dead or dying. His squire Peck was tied to a tree and Sir Payne was tied to his horse. Why kill everyone and us these three?

The men who now had control of his camp were everywhere. They wore bright yellow armor and had a signet of a dragon rapped around a tree. Odd. He had never seen armor like this before. What was going on?

Jaimie saw the smallest man walking towards him. At first, for half a second, he believed it too be Tyrion but this man was unbelievably shorter than Tryion he was. His body was covered in the same strange yellow armor and helmet but with a red strip across his chest.

"Hmm hehehe. Kinslayer!" The short yellow man said.

"Do I know you?"

"Oh brotha, don't tell me you've forgotten me already?"

Startled, Jaime gasped. "Impossible. You're supposed to be dead!" He whispered hoarsely.

"MMmm hmhmhmhmmmm! I'm a lot harder to kill." The yellow man lifted off his helmet and revealed a face he hadn't seen in 15 years.

"Winnie the Pooh!" Jaime said disbelieving. "My father destroyed your house 15 years ago."

A pink armored man came up beside Pooh. He could only be none other than Sir Piglet. "Oh D-d-d-dear-dear! You shut your mouth Kinslayer! The 100 Acre Wood lives on in the hearts of those who still remember!"

"Your house is dead and the memories as well. All I see is a bunch of broken animals."

"Bastard!" Piglet pulled out his sword.

"No Piglet. Death is too easy. I want to savor my revenge. I'll have my revenge! Tigger, bend him over!"

"That's what tiggers do best!"

"Afraid of me even now Pooh? Why don't you fight me, single combat? Too cowardly to fight a cripple?"

"No..." Pooh pulled down his breeches. His magnificent golden penis stood in the air like a golden statue. It made his golden hand look like dull copper. "I prefer to make you suffer!"

Jaimie's breeches were pulled off. "You bastard..."

"You'll enjoy this as much as I will."

He remembered what he had told Brienne that day. When it happened, you had to go inside yourself. Endure.

All thoughts left his mind when Winnie the Pooh shoved his ten inch penis inside Jaimie Lannister's rear end.

Jaimie screamed louder than he had when his hand was cut off. In some ways, this was far, far worse. Winnie the Pooh was loving him in the rear end!

And too his shame, this was also far, far better than times with Cersei.

Winnie the Pooh pumped Jaimie from behind like a wild animal. It was both horrible pain and addictive pleasure. He didn't know whether he was moaning from his tearing rear end or the pulsing pleasure.

Out of no where, Kylaer, Dendra, and Bummey walked in the clearing. They saw Jaimie Lannister, looked at each other in confusion, than backed away slowly into the unknown.

Jaimie gasped. The pressure from his rear end was gone. He was already missing the pleasure. He had time long enough to see Sir Payne getting raped from behind by Piglet before his line of vision was cut off by Winnie the Pooh's massive member.

"You moan too much..." Before Jaimie had time to reply, his mouth was penetrated. He resisted at first, but found himself not resisting hard. It was so wrong, but felt so, so right.

It was over fast. He felt Pooh shudder and release his seed in Jaimie's mouth.

"*cough* Dear god... it... *cough* taste like honey." It was the most wonderful taste he had ever tasted.

"Kinslayer... you are now my wife." Pooh announced.

"Yes..." Jaimie wheezed and swallowed.

"You are going to live a long time Kinslayer." Winnie the Pooh shuddered. "Only you remember my true identity. Only you remember my real name."

"Winnie the Pooh..." Jaimie said slowly. "Targaryen!"

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Sure, "here lies Jorah, he never scored" adds up to a valid arc. But what about Dolorous Edd??

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Sure, "here lies Jorah, he never scored" adds up to a valid arc. But what about Dolorous Edd??

Edd died a virgin, was resurrected by the Night King for about five minutes and then died again, still a virgin.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

What’s wrong with making a prostitute a POV character?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

chaosapiant posted:

More first person sex scenes are authored by GRRM?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

chaosapiant posted:

Nothing.

If it weren't GRRM adding a TV show character into his books so he could write sex scenes he wants to see the real life actress perform because he's a gross weirdo.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mike N Eich posted:

Its kind of legitimately disgusting that once that actress decided she didn't want to do nude scenes anymore D&D was like, well, I guess we'll just murder you now

she got a much better job on The Magicians not long after

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Where did the books finish with the Stone Maiden? I can remember her hanging Brienne and Pod (and that priest with the dog or did he get away) until Brienne says “the special word”. But in ADWD doesn’t Jaime run off with her somewhere?

It’s been a few years but I can remember if this happened or was inferred like with the Hound being alive.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Weavered posted:

Where did the books finish with the Stone Maiden? I can remember her hanging Brienne and Pod (and that priest with the dog or did he get away) until Brienne says “the special word”. But in ADWD doesn’t Jaime run off with her somewhere?

It’s been a few years but I can remember if this happened or was inferred like with the Hound being alive.

Brienne convinces Jaime to follow her into the woods. I assume the follow up is handing Jaime over to the Stone Maiden and then she goes "you swore to save my daughters and you betrayed me so now you must die!" Then Brienne does the speech she did for Sansa and Danny to convince them not to execute Jaime.

What happens next I can only guess but I assume Jaime and Brienne both get away so she either saves him and they flee or Brienne convinces the Stone Maiden to let him go.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

More Lady Stoneheart from a few pages ago. This...

Elias_Maluco posted:

I remember when before reading the books, when I was just watching the show, I went into that asoif wiki to remember a thing about Cat's life and Lady Stoneheart was spoiled on the first paragraph of the page. Thats when I decided "well, I might go ahead and read the drat books"

Then that never even happened on the show

Essentially happened in reverse for me, I’d read the books and was catching up on the show when a guy at work mentioned that Cat never comes back. So I was watching and expecting Brienne to get killed off at some point and Beric bring her back as the Stone Maiden - since she actually is a maiden and all but that never happened.

It’s really quite noticeable how once the show overtakes the books all the side characters are wiped out as quick as possible, the Blackfish was a cool character in the books and show but then didn’t even get a death scene last series.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

she got a much better job on The Magicians not long after

God the magicians is so loving good. The season finale made me sob like a baby

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Blackfish didn’t get a on screen death because the actor didn’t want to do one iirc. He’s the opposite of Barristan.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

TK-42-1 posted:

Blackfish didn’t get a on screen death because the actor didn’t want to do one iirc. He’s the opposite of Barristan.

They should have thrown a beard on Sean Bean and had him do the job. I've seen him die on screen so many times that I'm surprised to find out he's alive.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

TK-42-1 posted:

Any idea why as that just seems crazy - why would an actor not want a big dramatic exit from a show instead of just popping up a spiral staircase?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Weavered posted:

Any idea why as that just seems crazy - why would an actor not want a big dramatic exit from a show instead of just popping up a spiral staircase?

I think it was because he’s old and didn’t feel like training for it. I don’t think he had any actual fighting in the show? This might be entirely wrong but it’d be weird for my brain to just make it up whole cloth.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Maybe he thinks it's bad luck? Actors are special people.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

“What has been set up as an impregnable castle just suddenly dissolves by treachery, and that the Blackfish should die offstage is absolutely right. Plus, I didn't have to do four weeks of rehearsal and get badly injured to look like a swordsman! I'm perfectly happy with that, to be honest.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-6-blackfish-dead-clive-russell-interview-a7079706.html

this was just basic googling but :effort:

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

I’ll have you know I did my own research and found out the Clive Russel used to be a teacher. But nothing on his death, so thanks and well done on your better googling.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I actually forgot Ros was a character not originally in the books.

My girlfriend and I are going through all of the show together starting back with episode 1. She never saw last season 4 and I stopped at season 6 because getting divorced sucks. It’s neat seeing again how good of an adaptation the show was when it started, and how some scenes were ripped literally from the pages, like the classic “Eddard under the Weirwood” scene.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well yea they had books to pull from and Gurm was a bigger part of the show.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Weavered posted:

Where did the books finish with the Stone Maiden? I can remember her hanging Brienne and Pod (and that priest with the dog or did he get away) until Brienne says “the special word”.

“J-E-T-S! Jets! Jets! Jets!”

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I finally the episode. Lots of overly dramatic cool deaths for anyone who died. Jon Snow sucked like usual.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Dangerllama posted:

“J-E-T-S! Jets! Jets! Jets!”

I laughed at this. No one is loving reading his blog because they want football updates.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

RC Cola posted:

I finally the episode. Lots of overly dramatic cool deaths for anyone who died. Jon Snow sucked like usual.

once he got off the dragon he was doing p good

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'm all caught up on the show for the first time since season five made me stop watching.

Man they managed to whittle a cast of hundreds to 'manageable group of the most recognisable faces'. And the change in writing style is really obvious when they stop having the books to rely on. It feels like... A TV narrative.

It's a really, really loving good TV show but it stops being ASOIAF.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Steve2911 posted:

It feels like... A TV narrative.

It's a really, really loving good TV show but it stops being ASOIAF.

Is it? Would you even remotely care if they started with season 5 or 6? I'm reminded A LOT of LOST. Seasons 1-2 very very good. Then....

Compare it to Breaking Bad, or Battlestar Galactica, or Arrested Development, or The Wire.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

pseudanonymous posted:

Is it? Would you even remotely care if they started with season 5 or 6? I'm reminded A LOT of LOST. Seasons 1-2 very very good. Then....

Compare it to Breaking Bad, or Battlestar Galactica, or Arrested Development, or The Wire.

This is not a comparison you want to make. :(

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Yeah BSG goes off the rails hard after the second season and skids across the finish line a flaming wreck with Ron Moore standing atop it and screaming “I AM A GENIUS!” as it burns down around him.

So actually yeah it is apt to compare GoT to Lost and BSG, especially if those either of those “Dany goes mad and Jon kills her” or “Tyrion betrays everyone because Cersei hoodwinked him and then he dies” plot leaks are true. The ending is going to be an amazing pile of monumental garbage that is going to piss literally everyone off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I feel like Season 4 did all the real damage (Plus the Season 3 finale twist) but the bottom line is that TV dramas need to stop doing supernatural poo poo, because they can never, ever stick the landing on the plot threads they set up.