Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Burn them to ash.

I've done the prudent thing and slept "a military night" before deciding on filing a complaint, but the poo poo that surfaced during my installation attempts today solidified my decision. She said the kitchen was "professionally installed", which looked to be bullshit upon more detailed inspection, which I went about in my efforts to install the new faucet.

The hot-water shutoff lacks the entire inner workings and shows manipulation. The crude "fitting" to the bathroom tile is fine because it's the liability of the building owner, but it's clear that she or someone she contracted tried to gently caress with it, failed, and then re-attached it in a way that simply held it in place without any functionality.

On to the sink itself. I removed the installed faucet and had a hearty laugh at the bore in the sink.
Remember that time I posted pictures of my smoker that I put six wheels on like it was a loving F-350 Super Duty, using a titanium HSS bit with a milling base and a healthy amount of booze to drill the axle-holes? That was my first attempt at "working steel" ever, and it looked leagues better than whatever the gently caress this is:

I genuinely can't fathom how this was done, because the edges aren't due to corrosion over 4-5 years, I think someone legit tried to use a jigsaw to cut a hole into it and called it a day.

The bottom of the faucet basically corrosion-fused to the sink because no insulation whatsoever was installed, and I can't even reuse the connectors for the hoses, because they've fused with the faucet itself.

Milled out the edges of the comical bore, and installed the new connectors with the rubber insulation base actually installed (this time):

Connectors attached to the mainlines with gasket-tape, oiled-up the screws a bit, gonna finish that beer pictured before opening the shutoffs because I fully expect something else to go surface at this point.

Had a talk with my work colleague, and he let slip that she didn't actually contract anyone to install the kitchen, but had her dad do it, no real surprise there. After a bit of a heart-to-heart, he basically told me he's fine with me taking legal recourse, because he understands where I'm coming from. He only asked for me to resolve any legal action with her, which I'm okay with, because he moved in with her about 2 years after she moved in initially.

My waay too photogenic brother-in-law-lawyer already called me this afternoon saying the course of action he'd recommend would be a friendly proposition for an "außergerichtliche Einigung" based on the defects uncovered, which is the equivalent of a settlement instead of a civil suit. He said the monetary value for the settlement should be half of the agreed-upon takeover costs for the furnishing of the apartment, which is 425 Euros (and fine by me), and ends up being a legal warning shot saying "pay this in lieu of going to court with us". In his opinion, there's a 100% chance of her paying up if she runs this by even Lionel loving Hutz, and they're not a huge fan of actually going to court because that would actually consume manpower, but they're down.

So that should polish up my budget a little bit in addition to the tax rebate.
Also, fixing up poo poo yourself is quite rewarding, and I've certainly earned myself another beer if I don't end up inundating myself in the next 20 minutes.

/edit:
If she runs this past her dad instead of legal counsel, and her dad in turn decides to not run it past legal counsel at all, then, uh, to be continued.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Best country song
https://youtu.be/5ho88VXJTBg
https://youtu.be/7ysFgElQtjI

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Getting an insiders look at MLB tomorrow.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Soulex posted:

Getting an insiders look at MLB tomorrow.

San Diego?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah. Its gonna be really cool

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Soulex posted:

Yeah. Its gonna be really cool

Take lots of pictures. I always have a blast when we go down to PETCO Park and even if the Padres don't win it's a great time anytime we get down there to watch them play.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
We moved. It’s so weird to just have all this space.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Take lots of pictures. I always have a blast when we go down to PETCO Park and even if the Padres don't win it's a great time anytime we get down there to watch them play.

Yeah. I actually asked about taking photos and got told that it's a possibility in the future. Their photo area is apparently the smallest in all of the stadiums in MLB or something.

Petco Park is a great place, especially to take kids. I am gonna learn a lot and have a bunch of fun tomorrow, just sucks I can't share the experience with my family.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Playing around with my phone camera

https://youtu.be/zGCw6Aal4pw

Unfortunately I didnt notice the salt spray until afterward so next time I try I'll clean it off first

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Sarah posted:

We moved. It’s so weird to just have all this space.

Congrats! :toot:

I gotta move myself in about a month and a half. Hopefully new place won't suck (To be determined!)

This post is like every Top Gear stereotype of Germans, condensed. Sounds you've got all of your bases covered. Hopefully you don't have to bring down the wrath of God onto this woman.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 14:22 on May 5, 2019

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Woke up slightly early this fine Spring Sunday morning and finally walked down to a little donut shop near my apartment complex that I've been meaning to go to but somehow haven't. It is apparently the hangout spot for the septuagenarian crowd, but dammit they have some fine donuts. Might have to make it a weekly ritual.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Talk to those olds politely and maybe one will put you in their will.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I also live next to a donut shop and I loving love it because goddamn it makes me happy to watch my kids freak out over picking which donut they want. One of my sons mispronounces everything so when he saw the bacon maple glaze donut he yelled "MACON DOMUT!" and thats too cute for me.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's amusing seeing a grand tour of identity theft stuff. About every two weeks I get an email with a new account that I haven't used in years is compromised. Apparently this time around it's my <checks notes> Mojang account? Oh...ok. I guess it's not a Minecraft account anymore.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Vasudus posted:

It's amusing seeing a grand tour of identity theft stuff. About every two weeks I get an email with a new account that I haven't used in years is compromised. Apparently this time around it's my <checks notes> Mojang account? Oh...ok. I guess it's not a Minecraft account anymore.

I got one yesterday for my FSAID account, which is perplexing, because what kind of information can they get from that account that they don't get from anything else I have? I guess maybe they can take a private student loan out in my name? I dunno, but identity theft is definitely the lamest cyberpunk future problem to deal with.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

bengy81 posted:

I got one yesterday for my FSAID account, which is perplexing, because what kind of information can they get from that account that they don't get from anything else I have? I guess maybe they can take a private student loan out in my name? I dunno, but identity theft is definitely the lamest cyberpunk future problem to deal with.

I also got one of those, but I haven't bothered to unlock it yet because there's nothing I need to do in the immediate future with it. I flagged it so I can do it later. The mojang one was funny because IIRC my password was "minecraft" because I was sharing it with a few people...about ten years ago.

More than likely they want the FSAID account for the personal information that's inside. You know, assuming they get the password correct AND the stupid secondary image thing. I've never bothered to check what happens if you constantly select the wrong image and if it locks you out the same way passwords do.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Apparently someone in Mongolia hackedlogged in to my Amazon/Twitch account the other day. They probably were not actually in Mongolia, but that's the best "unrecognized login" location I've seen so far.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

What an experience. Press boxes are nice to watch the game from. Also, who doesnt like a walk off grand slam?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
No hay bebidas para mí hoy. Gracias universidad...

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Woof Blitzer posted:

No hay bebidas para mí hoy. Gracias universidad...

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I am happy with how this shot came out.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

you should be, goddamn

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Took a second try at a timelapse with better lighting and actually in landscape

https://youtu.be/T-zJKCwJbSk

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Who makes good garden tools? I don't want one of those 25 piece sets from amazon, I just need a decent hand trowel/transplant trowel.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Before:

After:

Hmmm need to get a skirt for that bed. :thunk:

Still have a long road ahead of us. We are all staying in that bedroom because the floors need torn up in the master bedroom and baby's room needs like 10 coats of primer/paint because of the depressing colors that the previous owners had in there too. Going to be starting the floors soon.

Really glad we got this house because everything else in this area is going fast. So far it's worth the work. It's starting to feel like home. :)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nice colors those old ones were not good.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I have a friend who painted his living room and kitchen similar colors of aqua and green. Accent walls are dumb.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I have a friend who painted his living room and kitchen similar colors of aqua and green. Accent walls are dumb.

Every single room in this house had an accent wall. And it was a really dark depressing color, or super bold.

And, to top it off, it's taking way longer to paint than we estimated because these loving people used a high gloss paint in every single loving room. I'm not sure just how many coats of primer it took husband, but he was pretty pissed at the end of that. And he was laying in bed this morning complaining about the ceiling because it took a lot of coats; at one point those loving people had it painted red. And apparently upon laying in bed he could still see some. So after we move out of that room it's going to get some more paint thrown at it.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
the best thing I ever did was pay to have our house painted because jfc gently caress that forever

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Five gallon bucket of Kilz primer with a spray paint gun. And an air compressor, assuming you don't have one already. Gray primer covers better.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

the best thing I ever did was pay to have our house painted because jfc gently caress that forever

Yeah when I had to repaint the interior of my rental house after a guy trashed the hell out of it a few years ago, I just did it all in a neutral gray. The prior owners had different colors in each room and an accent wall in the kitchen and I said gently caress that.

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

Sarah posted:

Before:

After:

Hmmm need to get a skirt for that bed. :thunk:

Still have a long road ahead of us. We are all staying in that bedroom because the floors need torn up in the master bedroom and baby's room needs like 10 coats of primer/paint because of the depressing colors that the previous owners had in there too. Going to be starting the floors soon.

Really glad we got this house because everything else in this area is going fast. So far it's worth the work. It's starting to feel like home. :)

i'm the catte licking its butte

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

hardwood is nice, but I can already see all the cat hair all over that floor

(I know, way better than carpet, I just wanted to complain about cat hair)

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

hardwood is nice, but I can already see all the cat hair all over that floor

(I know, way better than carpet, I just wanted to complain about cat hair)

Robot vacuum my dudes.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
One of those five foot wide janitor mop brooms will solve that.

Shedding hooks pull hair out of carpet pretty nicely. Takes some effort, but I'll be damned if it don't work like a loving charm.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So I was waiting for the bus just now and right near where my pickup point is at the metro station there was a pack of about 15-18 goslings and a dozen full adult geese just chilling on the sidewalk. Getting anywhere within 10-12 feet of them would result in the whole pack of them hissing and starting to advance on you. No big deal, I walked around them and got to where I had to stand.

Except this time of year the nearby junior high cross country team runs a loop that includes the metro stop. I watched 1-3 kids at a time every minute or so round the corner and immediately get attacked by a half dozen hissing, flapping geese. It was greatly amusing, especially when the second or third group included a kid that screamed AAAAAAA GEESE at the top of his lungs and was chased a good distance, because he almost ran directly into the pack of goslings.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I would've missed my bus watching that

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
That's the kind of stuff that makes life worth living.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

DoktorLoken posted:

Robot vacuum my dudes.

This is definitely on the list once we actually have real floor down everywhere