Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I truly think the death of Cersei will happen as it was supposed to in the books. It's too big a thing for Martin to not have told them and for them to stick to. Jaime will kill Cersei (maybe even accidentally) fulfilling her prophecy from Maggy the Frog, and Jon will kill Dany, just like foretold when Azor Ahai killed Nissan Nissan.

As for Arya, she'll kill Sandor after he kills the Mountain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Kylaer posted:

Holy poo poo Reign of Fire. Haven't thought about that one in ages. The trailer for that movie was amazing. The movie itself was...decent, I guess. Only saw it once, and that was while it was in theaters. Maybe I should watch it again and see what my opinion is ~18 years later.

Reign of Fire is pretty good until the final act.

Mcconughey is in full Mcconughey-saince in the movie.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

chaosapiant posted:

I truly think the death of Cersei will happen as it was supposed to in the books. It's too big a thing for Martin to not have told them and for them to stick to. Jaime will kill Cersei (maybe even accidentally) fulfilling her prophecy from Maggy the Frog, and Jon will kill Dany, just like foretold when Azor Ahai killed Nissan Nissan.

As for Arya, she'll kill Sandor after he kills the Mountain.

She’ll kill the mountain and then leave Sandor to die. It was foreshadowed. This also will fulfill the “cleganebowl is disappointing” spoiler

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

e: this is the bad thread woops i'm talking about a post i made like 3 minutes ago i am a dickhead

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

hobbesmaster posted:

She’ll kill the mountain and then leave Sandor to die. It was foreshadowed. This also will fulfill the “cleganebowl is disappointing” spoiler

I super hope you're wrong. I actually hope I'm wrong. Arya don't need to kill no one else. Maybe she'll just go and join the faceless men and this time actually become "nobody."

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

chaosapiant posted:

I super hope you're wrong. I actually hope I'm wrong. Arya don't need to kill no one else. Maybe she'll just go and join the faceless men and this time actually become "nobody."

We’re going full fan fiction, Arya will become a Mary Sue.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Shageletic posted:

Reign of Fire is pretty good until the final act.

Mcconughey is in full Mcconughey-saince in the movie.

Look at this bad opinion. Tattooed Matthew McCanahaghaihf jumping axe first into a dragon was a cinematic masterpiece.

edit: It also counts as, like, the fifth best Star Wars.

waffle enthusiast fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 6, 2019

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

The Unnamed One posted:

The number of tits and dragons has fallen off quite significantly, though.

We just lost the best tits and the second best dragon

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Really the problem is that in one episode Jon Snow gave away his direwolf and then lost his dragon. Now hes neither a Stark or a Targ!

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
The show seems to rushing as quick as possible to fulfill every checkbox on the “this is how the story ends” outline GRRM handed them. This whole episode was either secondary characters exiting the story or setting up the endgame for every other character in the laziest way possible. The actual storytelling linking this outline is complete poo poo when it even exists.

Daeny need to be here and angry, Sansa needs to be here and scheming, Arya and The Hound needs to be here and cynical, Jaime needs to be here with cryptic motivations etc

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
https://twitter.com/HannahFronz/status/1125214387722174464

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

never forget this old gold

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxh4hnFKaHs&t=43s

Even Emilia Clarke can't lie about the quality.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Vichan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxh4hnFKaHs&t=43s

Even Emilia Clarke can't lie about the quality.

There's one with Kit Harington where they ask him to describe the final season in a word and he says "disappointing" and the interviewer looks taken aback so he goes "hhahaaha no i mean epic" and it's like how much of that is him trying to catch her off guard and how much of that is "joking not joking tho"

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Josuke Higashikata posted:

There's one with Kit Harington where they ask him to describe the final season in a word and he says "disappointing" and the interviewer looks taken aback so he goes "hhahaaha no i mean epic" and it's like how much of that is him trying to catch her off guard and how much of that is "joking not joking tho"

I never read into any of that stuff. My Kit expected a super happy ending and didn't get it. Or maybe he's genuinely disappointed. Or neither.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Josuke Higashikata posted:

never forget this old gold

Holy poo poo.

Also, I would say the foreshadowing in this episode suggests that Arya is going to give the Hound a merciful death unlike the last time they parted ways. It’s ~character growth~ and the two boners in inside the bones will say:

“In this scene, Arya gives the Hound the mercy of death. In their last scene, she didn’t. In episode 4, they talked again and she said she would leave him to die, but this shows character growth because Arya didn’t leave him to die and instead gave him the mercy of death, unlike when they were together last time. She did it this time because she grew as a character.”

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I really hope that the end of the books will switch the order around, or make Cersei sympathetic and willing to help the North defeat the white walkers. Or at least do a better job of why she's so drat evil. She isn't the least bit sympathetic in the show, which is why a big part of the books works, because most of the villains are relatable in some way. Ramsay is the only one I can think of as irredeemable. Joffrey is just a bratty kid with too much power and Theon is just a dude whose super confused about daddy issues. They are unforgivable acts, but they are forgiveable characters. Not so with Cersei. She's willing to chance the entire 7 kingdoms being plunged into darkness so she can be Queen.

i am the bird posted:

Holy poo poo.

Also, I would say the foreshadowing in this episode suggests that Arya is going to give the Hound a merciful death unlike the last time they parted ways. It’s ~character growth~ and the two boners in inside the bones will say:

“In this scene, Arya gives the Hound the mercy of death. In their last scene, she didn’t. In episode 4, they talked again and she said she would leave him to die, but this shows character growth because Arya didn’t leave him to die and instead gave him the mercy of death, unlike when they were together last time. She did it this time because she grew as a character.”

This is actually believable. Sandor kills the Mountain but is also mortally wounded, and Arya finishes him off, which as you said restores her arc, and finishes her list. I like it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Sandor should have been the main character of this show

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Does anyone have any experience with the Game of Thrones LCG? I had spent about $800 collecting cards for the first edition, and now apparently they are incompatible with the new rules. Are there any rule supplements that allow them to be integrated into the newer system? No big deal if not, I'll just play 1st edition and say gently caress it.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
The greatest trick GRRM ever pulled was not only getting all of us to complain about his lovely books and the lovely books he's not writing, but also about a terrible no-good TV show he isn't even involved in anymore

the man is a top notch troll. just the top fuckin echelon

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Mike N Eich posted:

The greatest trick GRRM ever pulled was not only getting all of us to complain about his lovely books and the lovely books he's not writing, but also about a terrible no-good TV show he isn't even involved in anymore

the man is a top notch troll. just the top fuckin echelon

When I dislike things, I rarely if ever engage in any discussion of them. But I love the books and quite like the show and the only problem I have with the author is that it looks like he's going to eat himself into an early grave before finishing the books that, clearly, he owes me.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Lightbringer stabbing wont be jon and dany itll be ceircie and jamie.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Unormal posted:

Arya hot pie

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Arya gendry, already happened boom.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Unormal posted:

Jaimie/Cersie already have their own prophecy to fulfill. And so far Jon has actually unknowingly been doing all the things he's prophesiced to do, like pull the sword out of a fire and, you know...dying and coming back.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Arya should have taken a minute or two to explain to Gendry what it means to be lord of something, and thus how bad an idea it is for him to do it, let alone for her to follow him. How about they do literally anything else together. I hear yi ti is nice in the spring.

Gendry's stupid earnestness the last two seasons is one of the few saving graces this show has to offer. Some loving crazy Dragon Queen just offered you a lordship of one of the biggest kingdoms in the continent while you're drunk off your rear end, of course you're gonna take it, gently caress yeah

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Refresh me, is Gendry the last Baratheon? I forget.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

chaosapiant posted:

Refresh me, is Gendry the last Baratheon? I forget.

In the show, he is. In the books there was more bastards, I believe

edit: Gendry accepting it was pretty normal: imagine you were poor and hosed your whole life, than this queen offers you a castle? You would deny it? "nah too much trouble"

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 6, 2019

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

So uh, Dany does realize that making Gendry legitimate gives him a claim on the Iron Throne, right?

wait. wait. lmao. I didn't even realize this. As much as she's moping around over Jon's claim, she just gave the Baratheon line of succession to the Iron Throne a new claimant.

hahahahahah. Jesus Christ D&D you guys suck as all hell

Mike N Eich fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 6, 2019

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Elias_Maluco posted:

In the show, he is. In the books there was more bastards, I believe

Right, but even in the books I thought Cersei was carrying out covert baby-killer operations and for now, Gendry is the only known Baratheon.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Why isn't Euron like "hey how does Tyrion know Cersei's pregnant?" lol

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

chaosapiant posted:

Right, but even in the books I thought Cersei was carrying out covert baby-killer operations and for now, Gendry is the only known Baratheon.

There's a bunch who survived, Cersei didn't get to those outside of king's landing. Arya meets with one of Robert's bastardesses when she's with Gendry (who wants to bang his half sister but Arya interrupts), Sansa and Catelyn meet Mia Stone or whatevers her name a bunch of times, then of course there's Edrick or what's his face who Davos smuggles out of Dragonstone.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

chaosapiant posted:

No, Robert also had an official bastard that was under Stannis protection before Davos sent him away.

The show combined the two characters.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

chaosapiant posted:

I vaguely remember this kid on a castle, Something Storm. I dont remember if he was killed or not

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

chaosapiant posted:

well stannis and shireen are still alive in the books

but assuming they die at some point...
gendry is neither the eldest of robert's bastards nor the first in precedence, so idk how that'd shake out if we started legitimizing bastards willy-nilly

Mya Stone is the eldest, tho westeros has male-preference primogeniture so i guess gendry would go before her
edric storm is the only (known) one of the bastards to have noble blood on both sides, that might give him a leg up somehow

if we install dornish rules, there would probably be a number of baratheon cousins around thru the female line

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

chaosapiant posted:

There's enough minor Baraetheons in the books still alive to have a mini succession war if Gendry ever sits the Throne in The Books Which Won't Be Written.

Another prominent bastard is the chick who leads Sansa through the Eeyrie's elevator thing in AFFC/DwD.

edit: beaten.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I completely forgot about Mia "donkey Rider" Stone and Edric Storm. Last time I read the books through was right before season 1 started, so I forgot that Gendry wasn't the dude that Davos saved.

Has the show ever talked about the whole "there are three heads of the dragon" thing? Because obviously with what we know in the show and book, the three heads are Aegon, Griff-Aegon, and Dany. I hope book 6 doesn't introduce poo poo tons more plots this time. I loved book 5, but a bit of brevity wouldn't hurt this series at this point.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
lol I lost the tweet but it was something like:

"My favorite part of last nights episode was someone saying 'The New Prince of Dorne has pledged his allegiance' like some writer just remembered Dorne exists at the last second and couldn't even be bothered to give the guy a name"

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
It is funny, and also true...

Dorne dead doe. :smith:

Three dragon prophecy is not in show, didn't they replace it with the ash-in-Red-Keep vision six seasons back. I don't remember the show doing the three "love-betrayal" prophecies either...
Could be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

It's weird that there are no other Houses that have cadet branches other than the Lannisters. For as much as GRRM loves to write about minor house bullshit, it beggars belief there weren't minor Stark's or minor Baratheon's or whatever. People have lots of kids and all of them can't inherit so...