Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I have noticed that mt RX 78-2 isn't white but actually an off-white, almost yellow-ish. I think the kit is maybe supposed to be not that vibrant.

Although it is my first kit, so maybe it could be a little more sun-bleached than the others I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I'm colour blind as hell but the OG Gundam red isn't a super vibrant red. If every colour is the same at all angles then it's not faded due to light.

I don't think there's been a Gundam that's a yellow-ish off-white though.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
It looks perfectly fine to me, the rx isn't a super vibrant kit to begin with.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Comparing UC colors to the shows about kids building toys they fight eachother with is an exercise in pain.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Okay, that's reassuring. Thanks very much. I promise I'll fix that half-done panel lining :P

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

The Deleter posted:

I promise I'll fix that half-done panel lining :P

This is the Gunpla mantra for everyone building, no need to get hung up on it.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Yeah if memory serves the RX-78 red is almost more like a redder version of salmon pink so the one in your photograph registers about right to my, admittedly, also colourblind self

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Deleter posted:

I've got my RX 78-2 next to Star Burning, and now I'm having an anxiety attack because I can't tell if the RX's colours have been faded by sunlight (they live on my desk at work) of if Star Burning is just more vibrant. Here they are in identical lighting conditions - can anyone reassure me if things are okay or not?

It’s fine, the star burning is way more saturated.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I swear the Crossbone X-1 was created to gently caress with model kit designers. The RG has a tiny moving jaw.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I'm on mobile so I can't post pictures, but its loving here people!!! http://www.gundammodelcenter.com/super-nova-deathscythe-hell-mokai-gundam

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

That is.... actually a good redesign. I loving hate most of the supernova redesigns of the EW gundams, but this design leans even harder to the whole vampire bat/grim reaper aesthetic and I'm all for that.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Basically took what they did with Endless Waltz and took it one step further.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

TaurusOxford posted:

I'm on mobile so I can't post pictures, but its loving here people!!! http://www.gundammodelcenter.com/super-nova-deathscythe-hell-mokai-gundam

That looks rad. It kinda makes me think Deathscythe Hell by way of Strike Noir on the body? and the sharp wings look cool

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
I'm trying to wrap my head around some of the oddities of Bandai's recent kit releases and reprints.

A whole bunch of SEED stuff so, a Build series is coming. But what the Devil's going on with the engineering on Moon?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gearhead posted:

I'm trying to wrap my head around some of the oddities of Bandai's recent kit releases and reprints.

A whole bunch of SEED stuff so, a Build series is coming. But what the Devil's going on with the engineering on Moon?

Nah, Bandai arbitrarily reprint old kits all the time. Besides, their general go-to is to use the Build kits as an excuse to do a newly-designed custom version first and THEN release a modernized rerelease of the original kit built off that.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

https://twitter.com/GundamArt_/status/1122523337668927489

preview footage of new photorealistic fuunsaiki gunpla clearly

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
P-Bandai release

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Marx Headroom posted:

P-Bandai release

the horse is regular release, the p-bandai is the char ontop

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
What's a char? That's just Lt. Quattro Bajeena

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Phy posted:

What's a char? That's just Lt. Quattro Bajeena

It's just short for "character," which we can all agree is what Quattro Bajeena is.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Merilan posted:

https://twitter.com/GundamArt_/status/1122523337668927489

preview footage of new photorealistic fuunsaiki gunpla clearly

SEND THIS TO HOLLYWOOD IMMEDIATELY

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

If you want pictures of some p. cool gunpla mixed in p.cool other things, the modelling news has been posting pictures from the 58th Shizuoka Hobby Show

part 1
part 2

I understand little about gunpla but I think a bunch of manufacturers are banding together to make a new gunpla thing?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Nebakenezzer posted:

If you want pictures of some p. cool gunpla mixed in p.cool other things, the modelling news has been posting pictures from the 58th Shizuoka Hobby Show

part 1
part 2

I understand little about gunpla but I think a bunch of manufacturers are banding together to make a new gunpla thing?

some good stuff in here, laughed at this one

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Kuvo posted:

some good stuff in here, laughed at this one

Even Gunpla mocks Laura Loomer

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

Not sure about this design - it's sleek, angular, and high-tech in a way that doesn't fit neatly with the Hell's absurd science-fantasy concept, meaning that the wings, the scythe, and the big pauldrons sit rather uncomfortably with everything else. Wing Gundams should be extravagant, ornate works of baroque art - save this sort of thing for SEED or 00. No stylised ribs, no buy. I think the Dragon Momoko design gets the kind of ridiculous Nineties bullshit the Hell should be, although I'm up for a more artsy and less plasticky take as well.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 16, 2019

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

God drat this thing owns and is massive.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Wow, that must be the size of a regular MG?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

A little shorter maybe, looking at my shelf. Goes nicely with the MG F91 which is so small it looks like an RG.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

BizarroAzrael posted:

Wow, that must be the size of a regular MG?

Right about eye level with MG Wing Proto Zero.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bluefin does p Bandai now

https://www.bluefinbrands.com/premium-bandai.html

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

That would be amazing news if their checkout actually worked...

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

EVGA Longoria posted:

Baby steps.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Midjack posted:

Baby steps.

By Doctor Leo Marvin?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

EVGA Longoria posted:

I heard elsewhere that adblock breaks their checkout. Hearsay but try it out, I guess.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Zodack posted:

I heard elsewhere that adblock breaks their checkout. Hearsay but try it out, I guess.

Well, either that was it, or they fixed it overnight. Thanks. Got myself 2 great P Bandai kits on the way to make my backlog even bigger. After swearing off buying new kits until I make a dent.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Tallgeese may be my favorite mobile suit in all its forms. If only because it's an overbuilt grunt suit in a mask.

Gearhead fucked around with this message at 11:04 on May 20, 2019

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Now we wait...

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Hey peeps!

I never watched any Gundam except some G Gundam as a kid, but always wanted to get into it. I recently watched 0083 and 0080 for my podcast and now I'm watching the original series and I'm totally all in. Today I picked up my first Gunpla from a local Japanese toy store in Eagle Rock. I wanted to get a good starter and since I'm watching the OG show this one was an obvious pick: https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby-RX-78-2-Gundam-Revive/dp/B00WW4F8YA/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=gunpla&qid=1558302274&s=gateway&sr=8-4 plus it was on sale. Currently impatiently waiting for my tool kit to arrive from Amazon so I can get started on this bad boy. Thinking of streaming it too.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

I'm tempted to get the RG Tallgeese II and III but honestly I think the little ankle thing with the RG Tallgeese where you slip the shoe on from the side and it literally has zero ability to tilt its ankle left or right really sucked

I guess it's meant for flight but unless I was doing something really wrong it was a big disappointment in an otherwise amazing kit :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Any recommendations for Macross model kits and where to buy them?