Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Listening to Pacific Rim Podcast, I had a good laugh at the story about how Rossy Ogawa tried to convince WWE that nobody would notice the NXT UK Women's Champion having a wrestling match in Japan against an AEW signing. :allears:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 08:08 on May 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

davidbix posted:

When has Bryan ever editing anything out of a show?

He suffers each time Dave coughs or sneezes and figures we should do the same.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Incessant Excess posted:

He suffers each time Dave coughs or sneezes and figures we should do the same.

I just assume anytime he tries to edit anything dave does the edit mysteriously undoes itself.

No one edits Dave Meltzer.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Listening to Pacific Rim Podcast, I had a good laugh at the story about how Rossy Ogawa tried to convince WWE that nobody would notice the NXT UK Women's Champion having a wrestling match in Japan against an AEW signing. :allears:

Barely anyone noticed the NXT UK and IWGP Jr. Heavyweight champions having a match against each other last year, it's not a totally baseless thing to claim.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
sam roberts is kinda bland and inoffensive. why do people hate him?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

One day they said,"HEY GUYS, TALKING SMACK IS BACK TONIGHT!" and then when a legion of adoring fans switched it on, it was Sam Roberts there instead of Daniel Bryan. I will never forget. I will never forgive. :mad:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

One day they said,"HEY GUYS, TALKING SMACK IS BACK TONIGHT!" and then when a legion of adoring fans switched it on, it was Sam Roberts there instead of Daniel Bryan. I will never forget. I will never forgive. :mad:
that is absolutely vile

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Seams posted:

Look at him. Listen to him. I don't know what else to say.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i don’t like to judge people on appearance but he is very difficult to look at

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
He looks like Mick Foley dying of cancer.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Anyone who pays wwe money to have a bullshit job at wwe is the definition of a mark and doesn't deserve any respect.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:agreed:

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Seams posted:

He started as an intern on Opie and Anthony when they were on XM in like '05 and has been a personality on satellite radio since then, so a lot of people have known that he's a fuckin' weasel for a long time.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The_Rob posted:

Anyone who pays wwe money to have a bullshit job at wwe is the definition of a mark and doesn't deserve any respect.

Isn't that the other schlub?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

VJeff posted:

Isn't that the other schlub?

I think it's for anyone who isn't officially with wwe but wants to be part of the pre ppv shows and all that.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

sportsgenius86 posted:

If it was really an accidental slip, wouldn’t Bryan have edited it out of the show.

Also, gently caress Sam Roberts
Bryan doesn't edit the shows. Like, not ever. Not at all. It's really very strange.

At this point I'm convinced he doesn't know how.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

he edited n slur out and one time he said something weird and edited it out of a smackdown review

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

I guess its part of the charm now?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The Croc posted:

I just assume anytime he tries to edit anything dave does the edit mysteriously undoes itself.

No one edits Dave Meltzer.

I'm deleting this right now but it's going to be back.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yea ok posted:

he edited n slur out and one time he said something weird and edited it out of a smackdown review

was that the one he had craig and vinny on that got out of hand and craig was on vacation for two months after?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

was that the one he had craig and vinny on that got out of hand and craig was on vacation for two months after?

i'm gonna need a rough time frame for this

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do not support craig or his friends.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

LividLiquid posted:

Bryan doesn't edit the shows. Like, not ever. Not at all. It's really very strange.

At this point I'm convinced he doesn't know how.

He knows how because he has to do it with Granny segments sometimes.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

the lack of effort is the charm of the brian and vinny show, dump craig he sucks though

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

oh yeah i forgot about that one. i think that was the only time he had to edit a show that was already posted. the thing i'm talking about is totally innocuous i just remember it because whenever bryan edits a show it's memorable. except the one you said i forgot that one

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
IIRC that was in the Craig's Contest days, and Craig's idea for the contest was censored out.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Not gonna be able to listen to F4D for a couple of hours but rest assured I am HYPED to hear what Lance thinks of stats

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Who is Craig anyway? I enjoy the show from snippets I've seen but I don't think I've ever seen him say anything interesting or funny.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

Not gonna be able to listen to F4D for a couple of hours but rest assured I am HYPED to hear what Lance thinks of stats

I greatly enjoyed hearing what Bryan THINKS stats are!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Who is Craig anyway? I enjoy the show from snippets I've seen but I don't think I've ever seen him say anything interesting or funny.
he's a good christian boy who clucks with disapproval at bad language and also gets real weird and horny at attractive women

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

also his only two things that he says are "let me write that down" and "hngk"

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
getting horny at attractive women seems normal to me if you're into attractive women

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Keep the horny off the podcast I don't wanna hear it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

getting horny to something is one thing but never get horny at something unless requested. and do it on your own time

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The only good thing Craig brings to the show is Bryan's exasperation at his awful jokes. This week's retro show is a perfect example of that.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Craig used to be a guy on the Pacific NW wrestling circuit like Bryan and Vinny. Now a days he is also retired and works in carpentry/contracting.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

Craig used to be a guy on the Pacific NW wrestling circuit like Bryan and Vinny. Now a days he is also retired and works in carpentry/contracting.

Is Bryan really 'retired' any more? He's kind of like Terry Funk where he says he is every couple of years and then starts working again.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Really hope Bryan's next kid is a boy and they name him TAFKAPI to complete the set

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bryan’s on that Jim Cornette work schedule: make it interesting and he’s in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Gaz-L posted:

Is Bryan really 'retired' any more? He's kind of like Terry Funk where he says he is every couple of years and then starts working again.

unlike Terry Bryan works a Miz level of soft style and can do whatever hes doing for the next thirty years as opposed to "retiring" and then unretiring to get thrown in thumbtacks