Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Look at you scrubs with your clearly inferior sunglasses. Maui Jim makes the perfect set of shades.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Look at you scrubs with your clearly inferior sunglasses. Maui Jim makes the perfect set of shades.

Seconding on MJ

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ah, yes. Hawaiian sunglasses made in Illinois.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

poo poo, I wear the gascan Oakley shapes, but to be fair, everything else looks really lovely on me. It gets worse the rounder the lenses.

But I wear SPY

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Pixel 3a camera on portrait mode, no touch-ups.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Ah, yes. Hawaiian sunglasses made in Illinois.

I mean I know it doesn't carry the same street cred as the REALLY cool ones made in China....

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
I’ve become a fan of goodr sunglasses. The local FleetFeet running store sells them in a bunch of different colors, they’re polarized, pretty good quality, and only $25. I’ve had my current pair for a year and they’ve lasted fine.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

not caring here posted:

My wife got me a pair of something called Rudy Project? or something, and if you got money to burn they are some serious poo poo, but I only wear them for shooting or driving long distances or the like. Otherwise I got a pair of 15 dollar amazon specials for fuckin' around.

Rudy Project make great glasses. They're a little pricey, but you get interchangable lenses to use in most any environment. They also fit really nicely under hearing protection if you like to shoot.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Pixel 3a camera on portrait mode, no touch-ups.

Thats some nice looking bud

A SOF Marine
May 29, 2013

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I mean I know it doesn't carry the same street cred as the REALLY cool ones made in China....

Maui Jim is pretty up front about being based in IL, I don’t know what the gently caress this dude is on about. At least it’s not Luxottica. I have three different pairs of MJs and they’re the best sunglasses I’ve ever had.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm just being an rear end, they're fine. A little too Jimmy Buffett for me.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm just being an rear end, they're fine. A little too Jimmy Buffett for me.

I mean if you arent rocking your MJ's with Tommy Bahamas and an In N Out shirt are you even in dad mode? Jimmy Buffett is the dad spirit animal.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

my dads spirit animal was arlo gunthrie

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My spirit dad is Early Cuyler. He's my spirit animal too.

Soulex posted:

Thats some nice looking bud

It's barely cured, still taste the fresh cut, but it's dry and drat if it ain't pretty. Shop I got it from does thc ranges instead of just listing the highest test result, this was 18-24%, and was $70/oz, because of the short cure. Love Colorado.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 18, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

tbh id guess bob seger is peak dad spirit animal

jimmy buffet is way more middle age lady real estate agent spirit animal. or uncle.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Jimmy is pretty much peak grandpa mode now.

There's a plethora of eligible idiots for peak dad.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I just spent the last three hours with my son getting his first drivers license.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

My spirit dad is Early Cuyler. He's my spirit animal too.

It's barely cured, still taste the fresh cut, but it's dry and drat if it ain't pretty. Shop I got it from does thc ranges instead of just listing the highest test result, this was 18-24%, and was $70/oz, because of the short cure. Love Colorado.

Cali is way dry right now. Or at least So Cal is. Cant even find budget oz for under 100 right now.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Syrian Lannister posted:

I just spent the last three hours with my son getting his first drivers license.

I dont say this to many people.

But I'll pray for you.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Re: James "Jimmy" Buffett

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29mCMC5bXck

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Soulex posted:

Cali is way dry right now. Or at least So Cal is. Cant even find budget oz for under 100 right now.

4/20 wrecked us. Volume picked up for the holiday and some drama llamas got out of their pens, causing delays. Most everyone else is back up to normal though.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

My wife and I put an offer on a house today :toot:

This poo poo is nerve wracking.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
John Wick 3 was wild.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

How do movies like Aquaman cost so much yet feature such awful CGI? This poo poo would’ve been embarrassing 10 years ago.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The entire Justice-league era DC movies all have horrible CGI, yeah. And they're largely poorly written so it's extra bad as a whole package.

Which is strange because Man of Steel had pretty ok effects given the material and it was the first in the series.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Fallom posted:

How do movies like Aquaman cost so much yet feature such awful CGI? This poo poo would’ve been embarrassing 10 years ago.

I haven't seen aquaman, but I suspect they ran a tighter effects budget because they thought "who loving cares about aquaman" and then signed jason momoa, not anticipating the money that would fall out of their new viewing markets' bras.

Turns out old boomer and gen x ladies have more money than the studios thought to throw at movies if you just keep exposed abs on the screen.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i am slowly consuming all the wax california has, it's me im the dry spell

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

EBB posted:

i am slowly consuming all the wax california has, it's me im the dry spell

Same, except gently caress slowly.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
So I'm on a work trip this weekend, we are doing training on some Salesforce modules, and it sucks. Besides the fact that Salesforce and ServiceMax are mostly broken, I got a job offer yesterday that I'm pretty sure I'm going to take, so dealing with a working weekend has been extra agonizing.
So I spent all day today fantasizing about not working this job anymore, but I cant help but feel kind of slimy that I'm going to call my boss first thing Monday morning and give my notice.
Anyhow, being an adult sucks, there is no reason I should care about quitting this awful job, but for some reason I do.

In other news, I got a couple fig tree cuttings in the mail that I'm pretty excited about. Hopefully my wife doesnt kill them before I get home.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Made a John Wick 3 Spoiler Thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3889876

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There's a marijuana job fair in Denver next month for veterans and their spouses that I plan to attend. There's at least one Californian company going, one from Michigan, and a smattering of local ones. Burning the gently caress out at this company with half the people there.

My lease is up in august, so if the pay is good and the opening isn't immediate, I'll gladly shuffle to another part of the state. That would put me changing jobs right before the bulk of the seasonal outdoor crops are harvested, which is on my weed career bucket list. Want to cut ten footers down that have literal pounds on them.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

bengy81 posted:

So I'm on a work trip this weekend, we are doing training on some Salesforce modules, and it sucks. Besides the fact that Salesforce and ServiceMax are mostly broken, I got a job offer yesterday that I'm pretty sure I'm going to take, so dealing with a working weekend has been extra agonizing.
So I spent all day today fantasizing about not working this job anymore, but I cant help but feel kind of slimy that I'm going to call my boss first thing Monday morning and give my notice.
Anyhow, being an adult sucks, there is no reason I should care about quitting this awful job, but for some reason I do.

In other news, I got a couple fig tree cuttings in the mail that I'm pretty excited about. Hopefully my wife doesnt kill them before I get home.

Don't ever, ever feel bad for quitting. If you give your two weeks notice you've covered your bases, and they'd for god drat sure cut you loose in a heart beat without a single care in the world.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

bird food bathtub posted:

Don't ever, ever feel bad for quitting. If you give your two weeks notice you've covered your bases, and they'd for god drat sure cut you loose in a heart beat without a single care in the world.

Yeah, my brain is broken, I hate this job, and my boss is a dipshit, and I dont have any attachment to my customers or coworkers, but I hate confrontation, and the ensuing panic that come when you put in notice.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Same, except gently caress slowly.

If you're why I can't get brite labs purple kush I'll have you know I had the best sleep of my life on it :mad:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/cheyneos/status/1071922591911239680?s=20

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

EBB posted:

If you're why I can't get brite labs purple kush I'll have you know I had the best sleep of my life on it :mad:

That’s a strain I’ve yet to try. My flower guy here is pimping some big daddy kush for the low low price of $420 an oz and the poo poo isn’t even dried or cured right.

Thank allah or whoever you live in a legal state.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I had some purple kush probably two months ago. poo poo rolled up nicely in joints, better than the cheese strains I was getting at the time. I pretty much exclusively roll joints with flower now, haven't bothered with the bong since I cleaned it months ago. Dab rig stays busy though, been feeding it 70%~ thc live resin and sugars.

Trying to find a local shop that carries sap concentrate is slightly annoying. That poo poo was a nice touch, stretched another 5-7 minutes of life out of my joints. It was nice going out to lunch at the offsite and having a joint last my entire break.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

you can use honey and roll it in kief if you want your joints a lil longer

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, there's a couple of ways to drag life out, sap was just easy. It was a whopping $11/g when I last got it and I used about two grams a week just in joints. I could just use reclaim, it has about the same viscosity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Y’all weed wizards making me jealous. Just uh.... 20 more years for me.