Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I think America is ready to see KGBeast on the big screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Madkal posted:

I think America is ready to see KGBeast on the big screen

We did. He was in BvS

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I can understand wanting to distance themselves from the Snyder stuff, but Deathstroke would be a perfectly good villain and they should have just stuck with that

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retro Futurist posted:

I can understand wanting to distance themselves from the Snyder stuff, but Deathstroke would be a perfectly good villain and they should have just stuck with that

They've done a movie where DeathstrokeSlade is the villian.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 01:03 on May 20, 2019

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Hell, give me versions of Ivy and Freeze that aren’t walking pun factories.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/922321981

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

asecondduck posted:

They've done a movie where DeathstrokeSlade is the villian.

If they want to do a live action one but still keep Will Arnett on I'm there opening night

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

muscles like this! posted:

Watch Gotham? The only character on that list that didn't show up at one point or another was Man-Bat.

Man-Bat was in the season 4 finale teaser stuff. He just never showed up in season 5, and thank god, he looked incredibly bad.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/NickTyson/status/1129904441153376256

acting!

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Is there any confirmation as to whether The Batman is in the DCEU, or whether it is it's own thing? I know it was conceptualised as such when Affleck was a part of it, but it seems easier now that he's gone just for it to be a reboot and to sack off what has gone before. If it's a prequel it is somewhat indebted to be an interpretation of the character that one could feasibly see turning into the Batman from BvS which seems like an unnecessary millstone for a film to carry. But then again they're gonna want to continue with Aquaman/Shazam/Wonder Woman which are in continuity, so will the DCEU just not have a Batman going forward with Batman in his own separate universe, with another separate universe for Joker. It's all very confusing.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Karloff posted:

Is there any confirmation as to whether The Batman is in the DCEU, or whether it is it's own thing? I know it was conceptualised as such when Affleck was a part of it, but it seems easier now that he's gone just for it to be a reboot and to sack off what has gone before. If it's a prequel it is somewhat indebted to be an interpretation of the character that one could feasibly see turning into the Batman from BvS which seems like an unnecessary millstone for a film to carry. But then again they're gonna want to continue with Aquaman/Shazam/Wonder Woman which are in continuity, so will the DCEU just not have a Batman going forward with Batman in his own separate universe, with another separate universe for Joker. It's all very confusing.

The DCEU is dead until any movie in the future ever actually references another one of them. Shazam didn't even have that characters face in the cameo so it's arguable of it's even actually in at this point.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Vince MechMahon posted:

The DCEU is dead until any movie in the future ever actually references another one of them. Shazam didn't even have that characters face in the cameo so it's arguable of it's even actually in at this point.

Wait, didn’t Shazam directly reference CavillSupes when Billy’s friend showed off the whole collection of Superman stuff he had?

The cameo thing is probably only because they couldn’t get Cavill for a split second cameo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Wait, didn’t Shazam directly reference CavillSupes when Billy’s friend showed off the whole collection of Superman stuff he had?

The cameo thing is probably only because they couldn’t get Cavill for a split second cameo.

Isn't there a an actual Batarang in the film as well?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Rhyno posted:

Isn't there a an actual Batarang in the film as well?

Putting in a batarang is not the same as referencing Battfleck or the events that occurred in one of the previous DCEU movies, is what he's saying.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
im not sure which is more of a mess, having the dcu continue while attempting to reboot only batman and supes or having flash, aquaman, and ww all have the same actors portraying the same characters and have their (aquaman and ww at least) solo movies remain in some sort of pseudo-continuity while "rebooting" the franchise as a whole

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Make what's his butt Dick Grayson Batman. Have Ben Affleck cameo from a hospital bed.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Freddy also has a newspaper article framed in his room with a headline regarding Superman coming back to life. There's plenty of references.

From the various articles I've read, the DCEU is still a go under Walter Hamada. The big change is the "interconnectedness" between the films is being dialed down in favor of developing singular storylines. The movies under the DCEU will share some connective tissue to one another and are in the same continuity, but there's not going to be some overarching narrative moving forward, i.e., one film isn't going to set up another movie, stuff like that.

That said, Aquaman, Shazam, and upcoming movies WW84 and The Suicide Squad are all DCEU films in the same continuity with MoS, BvS, Suicide Squad, and WW. To my knowledge, it's not confirmed if Reeves' Batman is under the DCEU or if it'll be standalone like the upcoming Joker movie.

teagone fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 20, 2019

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

How is there always something new to love about this movie? How?

(I'm not complaining).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mikeraskol posted:

Putting in a batarang is not the same as referencing Battfleck or the events that occurred in one of the previous DCEU movies, is what he's saying.

Well it is a very distinct design for the bat symbol, the same one Batman was branding people with. I think it's pretty clearly a DCEU film, same as Aquaman was and WW84 will be.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's actually the replica BvS Batarang by QMX.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

teagone posted:

Freddy also has a newspaper article framed in his room with a headline regarding Superman coming back to life. There's plenty of references.

From the various articles I've read, the DCEU is still a go under Walter Hamada. The big change is the "interconnectedness" between the films is being dialed down in favor of developing singular storylines. The movies under the DCEU will share some connective tissue to one another and are in the same continuity, but there's not going to be some overarching narrative moving forward, i.e., one film isn't going to set up another movie, stuff like that.

That said, Aquaman, Shazam, and upcoming movies WW84 and The Suicide Squad are all DCEU films in the same continuity with MoS, BvS, Suicide Squad, and WW. To my knowledge, it's not confirmed if Reeves' Batman is under the DCEU or if it'll be standalone like the upcoming Joker movie.

Isn't suicide squad a hard reboot though?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Where has anyone said it's a hard reboot?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Vince MechMahon posted:

No its just a new skwad, which is basically the entire point of the team.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

No its just a new skwad, which is basically the entire point of the team.

That's a shame because Captain Boomerang was great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Jai Courtney was excellent.

Who knee anyone would ever think that?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sgt. Politeness posted:

He's in the new one.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The DCEU is in a Schrodinger situation in that a movie is only confirmed to belong within it or not when a higher up declares so. Even if it doesn't make sense they could say Aquaman and WW84 are all reboots, ooc, spin-off or whatever to wash away the black mark.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

How hard is it to have the X-men fight alien gladiators on the dark side of the moon?

Bryan Singer from 2003: Nobody wants to see the X-Men fight aliens on the moon. That level of comic book like fantasy will never be popular with audiences.
People want their films to be grounded and serious.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go attend some parties on a yacht with my good friend, Lester Waters. Please do not investigate me further.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Vince MechMahon posted:

No.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

im not sure which is more of a mess, having the dcu continue while attempting to reboot only batman and supes or having flash, aquaman, and ww all have the same actors portraying the same characters and have their (aquaman and ww at least) solo movies remain in some sort of pseudo-continuity while "rebooting" the franchise as a whole

At least they are accurately adapting DC continuity.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Rhyno posted:

Where has anyone said it's a hard reboot?

A couple months ago, one of the producers called it a "total reboot."

That said, the term "reboot" has been so horribly abused over the past few years (to describe soft reboots and mere revivals) that I would have been more surprised if it were actually true in this case.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Rhyno posted:

Jai Courtney was excellent.

Who knee anyone would ever think that?

I was shocked given how boringly generic his previous roles had been but he was a real gem in an otherwise mess of a movie.

CelticPredator posted:

He's in the new one.

Good

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's a soft seaboot

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Endless Mike posted:

At least they are accurately adapting DC continuity.

So they're going with Hypertime, huh? Good to know.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just want DC heroes to exist in a world where the others exist. Batman doesn't have to show up in the Flash movie, but at least saying they're in the same world is good enough.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
"I haven't seen the flying man since the Catastrophe."

"And it seems the red blur is gone too."

"Good thing we have Aquaman™ around."

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

according to the Hollywood Reporter Zemo and Sharon Carter are going to be in the Falcon & Winter Soldier show. Zemo was fun so sure, why not?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
...Why do I have this sudden weird fear that they're going to pair Sharon up with one of the dynamic duo?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

If I had to guess, I'd say she's going to be their government liaison maybe?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

BrianWilly posted:

...Why do I have this sudden weird fear that they're going to pair Sharon up with one of the dynamic duo?

and that'd be a problem why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
It sinks the Sam/Bucky ship.