Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I was tempted to rescue this one from ebay but I'm afraid for 40 dollars the Guy Fierinought is doomed to take the emperors enemies to flavor town, even in death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Even in death, I still serve up traditional Mexican food with a contemporary twist. 

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Loxbourne posted:

...what, you haven't got time to read it now? That's fine, I will read selected excerpts from the text as you take your turn."

I bet you are a considerate lover.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
here's a fun model to try and visually parse

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Baby, you make me wish I had three hands

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Nebalebadingdong posted:

I'm offended and confused all at the same time

Glukeose
Jun 6, 2014

Thought it was a weird Eldar warlock at first and then audibly exhaled when I realized what it was.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
it's a wild adventure! at first you're trying to figure out three anatomically displaced breasts and a dick, then you slowly figure out it's actually racist instead

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

It's, er, one of the "wizards" (there's a particular name for the magic guy you have in a team but I can't remember, nor be bothered to look it up, right now) for the Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago "Tribal" faction.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
surely those skulls are a conversion right?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
im suddenly ok with buying but never having played Frostgrave

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I remember like two months ago people saying there wasn't anything racist at all about the tribals. Welp.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

I remember like two months ago people saying there wasn't anything racist at all about the tribals. Welp.

Looks like they worked hard in those two months

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

The Lone Badger posted:

You dropped a zero there.

There is a fanfic that is over 2 million words long.

It was pretty good!

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Thanqol posted:

It was pretty good!

i don’t believe you for a second as to the second part, but i’m also not about to find out for myself

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Thanqol posted:

It was pretty good!

But enough about The Book of Mormon

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
IIRC the longest piece of fiction ever written is a Super Smash Brothers Brawl self insertion meganovel.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Isn't there a Fallout/My Little Pony fanfic that's the length of like 8 Bibles?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I hate both of those being correct statements

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
This sort of thing isn't really surprising. The first book of The Wheel of Time is longer than the entirety of The Lord of the Rings, and IIRC Homestuck counts as the single longest non-fanfic written work in the English language by wordcount, or did at some point.

(Counting Homestuck as a single work is sort of cheating, though, since there many series with more words than it and it was released serially....)

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 26, 2019

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Stephenls posted:

This sort of thing isn't really surprising. The first book of The Wheel of Time is longer than the entirety of The Lord of the Rings,

If you cut out all the men hating and braid tugging it’s shorter than the hobbit.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Stephenls posted:

Homestuck counts as the single longest non-fanfic written work in the English language by wordcount,

The fact that "non-fanfic" is a necessary qualifier for this terrifies me.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Silhouette posted:

Isn't there a Fallout/My Little Pony fanfic that's the length of like 8 Bibles?

Yes. Also dozens of people have written fanfiction of that fanfiction, several of which are of comparable length. It also has a spinoff video game in production with 1950s style big band pony music. It's ponies and fanfiction all the way down.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Am I crazy or are Pony fans a little more zealous when it comes to inserting ponies into non-pony stuff? I've been playing Dwarf Fortress since the Boatmurdered days and it's kind of terrifying how quickly the pony mods popped up after the show, and how popular they remain to this day. It's even a combined Fallout+MLP mod, for Dwarf Fortress.

Like, why? To what end?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

PinheadSlim posted:

Am I crazy or are Pony fans a little more zealous when it comes to inserting ponies into non-pony stuff? I've been playing Dwarf Fortress since the Boatmurdered days and it's kind of terrifying how quickly the pony mods popped up after the show, and how popular they remain to this day. It's even a combined Fallout+MLP mod, for Dwarf Fortress.

Like, why? To what end?

they want to gently caress the ponies

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Nebalebadingdong posted:

they want to gently caress the ponies

To be fair most of them would prefer the ponies were children, but they recognize the "normies" wouldn't react well so they have to transplant their fetish elsewhere. And then they have to spread their fetish -- feces-like -- onto everything else in their life.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Screaming Idiot posted:

To be fair most of them would prefer the ponies were children, but they recognize the "normies" wouldn't react well so they have to transplant their fetish elsewhere. And then they have to spread their fetish -- feces-like -- onto everything else in their life.

That phrase, “To be fair.” I do not think it means what you think it means.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

These Fallout mods are getting weird.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh no 2B

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

PinheadSlim posted:

Like, why? To what end?

Your avatar is a futurama reference made into a 40K dreadnought. Why do that? To what end?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Thanqol posted:

Your avatar is a futurama reference made into a 40K dreadnought. Why do that? To what end?

I should have known there'd be at least one person on this forum who actually enjoys that mod, I'm sorry. But out of curiosity could you explain why you like it?

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 27, 2019

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Thanqol posted:

If you're going to make a comedy Dreadnaught, why not Zoidberg?

Stephenls posted:

That phrase, “To be fair.” I do not think it means what you think it means.

I know what it means, and that meaning is "grown-rear end men watching pony cartoons and integrating them into every aspect of their lives are either mentally disabled, pedophiles, or both."

Srsly dude, don't stan for ponyfuckers. It's a bad look.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

There was a time when I gave adult fans of MLP the benefit of the doubt. "Maybe they just want something cheerful and bright." "Maybe they appreciate a work with a positive feminist message."
That time is long past.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

PinheadSlim posted:

I should have known there'd be at least one person on this forum who actually enjoys that mod though, I'm sorry. But out of curiosity could you explain why you like it?

In response to what you said before you edited: So there's a difference in scale. You bought a $10 avatar, someone else paid $80 for a dread and spent dozens of hours lovingly converting and painting it. You as the end user reflect that with a very minor amount of effort, but someone else spent a huge amount of time and money putting it together. Same relationship between a mod author and mod user.

Anyway I haven't played the Dwarf Fortress pony mod so I couldn't tell you what the draw is.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Thanqol posted:

In response to what you said before you edited: So there's a difference in scale. You bought a $10 avatar, someone else paid $80 for a dread and spent dozens of hours lovingly converting and painting it. You as the end user reflect that with a very minor amount of effort, but someone else spent a huge amount of time and money putting it together. Same relationship between a mod author and mod user.

Anyway I haven't played the Dwarf Fortress pony mod so I couldn't tell you what the draw is.

So you're just comparing apples to oranges you haven't even eaten. It's weird to defend something you don't even understand, sorry I assumed you knew anything at all what you were talking about. I on the other hand have played it out of curiosity, and am confused by the amount of work put into it, which vastly overshadows any work anyone has ever put into a single dreadnought. Photoshopped or otherwise (My avatar is photoshopped my man)

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 06:30 on May 27, 2019

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

The Lone Badger posted:

There was a time when I gave adult fans of MLP the benefit of the doubt. "Maybe they just want something cheerful and bright." "Maybe they appreciate a work with a positive feminist message."
That time is long past.

I generally give ladies a pass when it comes to MLP since a really good friend of mine likes it. She really does appreciate the message and the positivity helps her deal with her depression.

But dudes? gently caress no, over a decade of seeing how dudes into ponies act has eroded any faith I had. I will never not mock ponyphiles.

EDIT: Seriously, this is the thing the thread was made to do, make fun of ponies and tittymarines, and kneel in awe and wonder at glorious scrunts.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

PinheadSlim posted:

So you're just comparing apples to oranges you haven't even eaten. It's weird to defend something you don't even understand, sorry I assumed you knew anything at all what you were talking about. I on the other hand have played it out of curiosity, and am confused by the amount of work put into it, which vastly overshadows any work anyone has ever put into a single dreadnought. Photoshopped or otherwise (My avatar is photoshopped my man)

I did give the Hearts of Iron 4 pony mod a shot. It had similarly absurdly high production values, and the gameplay progression is extremely well balanced. The progression of playing the griffons - which start out as a crumbling, decrepit empire reduced to a single province, slowly rebuilding and expanding until they wind up in a place of intercontinental war against a rival hyperpower - was some of the most fun gameplay I've experienced in that game.

Most overhaul mods I try feel deeply incomplete. This felt like it had more effort put into it than the core game. If I had to guess why that happens I'd say it's because the nature of the pony fandom makes it comparatively easier to recruit teams of people to work on things instead of being one guy's passion project.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

As absolutely amazing it would be to read your great posts defending pony mods, how about we get the thread back on topic.

Found it on ebay. It looks like poo poo and at twenty dollars it's almost offensively expensive but gently caress me if I don't love this.

Slimnoid posted:

These Fallout mods are getting weird.

When did they add New Vegas characters to Infinity?

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Screaming Idiot posted:

I know what it means, and that meaning is "grown-rear end men watching pony cartoons and integrating them into every aspect of their lives are either mentally disabled, pedophiles, or both."

Srsly dude, don't stan for ponyfuckers. It's a bad look.

I don't know how anyone could possibly take what I just said and read it as meaning I like the ponyfuckers and want people to think better of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

I feel at least one of the characters in the background should be rubber necking in her direction with confused/horrified expressions. Like in the meme with the boyfriend perving on the other woman, only all eyes are drawn in the same direction.

Also, drat her hands look tiny.