Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You should've eaten a bunch of beans and white castle before going to whatever family function you're at. Chemical warfare like that is always called for when arguing with family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Can anyone recommend me a show which is anywhere near as good as Chernobyl?

I really want to find another good space show. The BBC are putting one out on the planets soon arent they?

Star Trek Voyager

Edit: Went to In N Out for lunch today. Verdict: It was ok, but it wasn't $10+ ok (double double, animal fries, drink). At least I got a table this time.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I prefer factual

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

I prefer factual

Cosmos.

Voyager is the worst sci-fi I could think of.

Edit: V Probably the worst movie, but Voyager still ranks lower.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 27, 2019

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Godholio posted:

Cosmos.

Voyager is the worst sci-fi I could think of.

Battlefield Earf

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Can anyone recommend me a show which is anywhere near as good as Chernobyl?

I really want to find another good space show. The BBC are putting one out on the planets soon arent they?

Have you watched The Expanse?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Billions is pretty good. It's only factual in the sense that people like the characters exist. Also, Captain WintersDamian Lewis.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I want to watch a Captain America edit where hes fighting the Winters Soldier

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

LingcodKilla posted:

PM me if you want to get crabs from me. The season starts July 1rst. I’m not good at trout fishing but I’ll show you what I know especially if you like a little kayaking.

Sounds good to me, I actually love to kayak but I haven't been since I moved to WA.

In Florida I kayaked all the time, my main concern up here is that the water is cold as poo poo all year round.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

holocaust bloopers posted:

Good lord was Peter Luger Steakhouse an incredible experience. I don’t know what was better: the apple strudel or the steak itself.
Right???

I've only been to the one out on LI, but hot drat, that was a steak.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Vas let's hangout when I get back from Kuwait

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Deathy McDeath posted:

Vas let's hangout when I get back from Kuwait

what are you doing in Kuwait deathy?

are you still a powerlifting marine man?

(i haven’t been active in GiP for a few years and i don’t know what anyone is doing nowadays)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mustang posted:

Sounds good to me, I actually love to kayak but I haven't been since I moved to WA.

In Florida I kayaked all the time, my main concern up here is that the water is cold as poo poo all year round.

Eh I’ve been on Cresent lake a few times this year and the water has been cold but not frigid. However when I crab on the sound yeah that water is cold as gently caress.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

bird food bathtub posted:

Have you watched The Expanse?

Unrealistic science fiction

Marines are shown as competent.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Naked Bear posted:

Right???

I've only been to the one out on LI, but hot drat, that was a steak.

Yea it was worth the money for sure. Easily the top 3 meals I’ve ever had.

I hear Keen’s is a good place kind of in the same vein of Peter Luger. Will have to eat there in the next year or so.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Got back from my Netherlands vacation. Good loving fun for 4 days.

Weed-update: I asked a friend to buy me a couple of joints so I wouldn't have to be the guy that just sits in a group and intercepts the "puff-puff-pass" joints going around, and I had planned on sitting on the porch and smoking one myself on Friday/Saturday (set a 48 hour limit for myself before driving, just to be a good German). The weed he got me was the same kind that gave me that comical horror-trip several years ago in Amsterdam. Really low-strength strain called "Northern Lights"(lol) that I had seriously misjudged on my trip back then. I was expecting a quick puff-and-high that wears off after a quick bit like I was used to from all my THC-experience in the past, and it didn't do a loving thing for the first 15 minutes that I hit it like it stole something. After the 15 minutes that it took me to cannonball it, I was still left with zero high, ended up being pissed off, corralled the students we had along to go to the next bar, and then I was physically incapacitated by the biblical loving tsunami of high that hit me right after.

So this time around, I at least knew what to expect, and how to "dose" it this time, but I was still pretty apprehensive over having the same strain that gave me flashbacks for three straight days the last time around. At this point, I'd like to thank all our weed-warriors from Discord that advised me on the topic before I left.

I sat on the porch on the lake of one of the five giant luxurious houses we had (our house was about 300 yards away from the three main party cottages we had rented, so it was perfect for solitary moments and lighting up), extracted the massive joint from those neat plastic capsules they're sold in, and lit it up.
As a quick disclaimer: I had only about 4 beers at this point, all of which were 0,33l 5% Hertog Jan brews, so pretty much two-and-change regular German sized beers, and I had planned on being back at the main party cottage within the hour.

My first reaction was a bit of a choke due to the tobacco in it (as opposed to the last time in Amsterdam, this one wasn't pure weed, but a 60/40 tobacco mix for about 5 Euros), so I took smaller hits, and pretty much waited a couple of minutes before taking the next hit, just to be on the safe side. Surprisingly, I did a bit of an instant-high off the hits that I had talked about on Discord and was pleased with it, but still went slow to brace myself for the "main" impact. After about 3 hits, I took a 20 minute break, because I felt a bit of a delayed high coming on, which confirmed me in my thinking that I had "dosed" it properly this time, and so I "rode out" that high for another couple of minutes, lit up, took another three hits over the next 20 minutes, and then prepared to leave for the party again.

To describe the high I was getting at this point: The initial hits yielded a bit of the "smiling like a buffooon"-high right off the bat, but nothing like a proper hash-joint. The follow-up, delayed-fuse high was more of an all-encompassing head-high that I can only describe in my most German way of saying "Okay, I cannot operate motor vehicles or heavy machinery as of this point", but it wasn't really a "fun" high. It was more like a pleasant type of "mild bit of cotton in the head", but I think the experience was dampened by my anticipation of it due to my previous really-bad experience. So I'm guessing I took away from the high by being so mentally focused on the potential effects and having a bad experience in the back of my head. But it was still pretty drat okay, to be perfectly honest.

So I walk back to the party cottage and join the rest of the folks on our giant lake-side porch for some more shittalking and cajoling jests. About ten minutes after I settle into my reclining chair, and shoot the poo poo with everyone around about my weed-experience, the next loving delayed-fuse stage hits me. It felt like the strength drained from my limbs, not very much unlike having circulatory issues, but with the difference that it was a kind of feeling like you had someone whispering "this is as intended, you're gonna be in this chair for a while, just go with it" in your ear.

My initial reaction to this stage was a brief period of anxiety, because I figured I was being hit by yet another tsunami of horror-trip as I had been last time around, but I just stayed put and started focusing on my surroundings. Like, I genuinely focused on my position relative to everyone else, my posture, how I may be perceived by others in the round, how I may be regarded by a third-party observer standing outside our group, the whole nine loving yards. As I noticed that "it" wasn't getting worse, I started letting my guard down, and just enjoyed the feeling, laughing at the occasional stupid poo poo said, and acknowledging references to me with a smiling nod. I felt totally in control. Like the "danger" had passed.

At some point, someone in the round indicates that I have apparently been completely silent for 40 minutes, and since I'm usually someone that shittalks a lot, everyone had this "Oh yeah, the gently caress is up with that moment", and I suddenly feel like there are 15 loving floodlights on me, the room went silent, and there are now microphones from every major news outlet in front of my face. Surprisingly-enough, I negotiated the situation by informing everyone that I think I'm tripping loving balls, eliciting massive laughter by all, and then everything was fine.

I was fully "back to normal" after another hour or so, but holy poo poo. Half a loving joint.
I think weed - outside of the casual puff-puff-pass - may not be for me.

Welp, that's my weed story, thanks for listening.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 27, 2019

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Dude McAwesome posted:

what are you doing in Kuwait deathy?

are you still a powerlifting marine man?

(i haven’t been active in GiP for a few years and i don’t know what anyone is doing nowadays)

I'm working for The Man. And no, I'm not in the corps any more and I've become a weak piece of poo poo :(

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I was fully "back to normal" after another hour or so, but holy poo poo. Half a loving joint.
I think weed - outside of the casual puff-puff-pass - may not be for me.

Welp, that's my weed story, thanks for listening.

Weed these days doesn't gently caress around. It's always tempting to go for another hit, but two is more than enough if you've been drinking. And you will never be near driving confident if you're not a regular user. Which while it's fun waiting for a hanging stop sign to turn green, those are the rookie smoker moments that get people nailed for possession or intoxication tickets.

I mean, when I first smoked weed some 20 odd years ago now, it floored me because I wasn't used to it, and it was pitifully weak then. At best, 5% thc, compared to now, with most strains pushing past 15% with ease. Drinking intensifies the gently caress out of it too.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

those are the rookie smoker moments that get other people killed because the smoker thought it would be safer to stop his car in the middle of the highway and nap and caused a three car pileup.

fixed for you! I can still hear the screams from the temporary survivor

I don't care if you snort xanax, shoot heroin into your eyeballs, slam a fifth of Jack and drop six tabs of Chinese lsd analog, just don't drive a loving car

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
For memorial day I'm remembering my dad getting half pay for a month because someone found a roach clip in his uniform pocket.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Flight back from NYC to Chicago got cancelled today. Felt real good emailing work to let them know I won’t be in till the late afternoon tomorrow.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Flight back from NYC to Chicago got cancelled today. Felt real good emailing work to let them know I won’t be in till the late afternoon tomorrow.

poo poo better make it Wednesday just to be safe.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gently caress idk id say friday to be totally sure

air travel am i right

bengy81
May 8, 2010

LGA to ORD?
If so my condolences.

Actually, any of the NY metro airports suck, and its worth the train to philly or DC IMO.

I'm so sick of flying, thank god it's my last week with this company, my travel should go down to something more reasonable than 120 nights a year on the road.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

bengy81 posted:

LGA to ORD?
If so my condolences.

Actually, any of the NY metro airports suck, and its worth the train to philly or DC IMO.

I'm so sick of flying, thank god it's my last week with this company, my travel should go down to something more reasonable than 120 nights a year on the road.

Yea. We’re taking an Uber. Not even bothering with the trains at 5 am.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I'm getting reports that the admins want to end the deployment of the Marine thread but it is currently missing. If anyone knows of its whereabouts, please speak up.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

LGA is a national embarrassment, at least taking an Uber there isn't that horrid depending on the hour. JFK isn't that terrible though.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

McNally posted:

I'm getting reports that the admins want to end the deployment of the Marine thread but it is currently missing. If anyone knows of its whereabouts, please speak up.

Marine thread is still stuck in the cycle asylum, been waiting on orders for a month or so now I think. Kinda hoping it ends up in like BYOB or something cool and different.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

byob would be good + cool

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Deathy McDeath posted:

I'm working for The Man. And no, I'm not in the corps any more and I've become a weak piece of poo poo :(

g-man deathy. nice one

who cares if you’re weak, as long as you’re making that cheddar

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

bird food bathtub posted:

Marine thread is still stuck in the cycle asylum, been waiting on orders for a month or so now I think. Kinda hoping it ends up in like BYOB or something cool and different.

Instill say it should go to GBS next

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ahahah emails are trickling in of other team members not coming in due to flights being canceled. I am positive one of my junior members opted for a 3:30 PM flight today. Good for her. I’d have done the same if my gf wasn’t mad about missing afternoon meetings.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
oh my god it’s like standing on the sun

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Vasudus posted:

Cool and breezy back home on the sound.

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

In DC for a conference. I hate this fetid swamp.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vasudus posted:

Stepped out to 89 degrees and like 80% humidity. Swampnut city

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Anyone ever used Turo before?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Woof Blitzer posted:

Anyone ever used Turo before?

No but it's pretty shaky if you're renting out to others, your insurance won't like it at all, and if you're renting it might also be an issue as well.

Stick to Enterprise or Hertz is what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Hell no I'm not renting my own car. I meant the other way around.