Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I appreciate the "3 persons max."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I apologize for assuming that only dudes would be interested in taping their elevator exploration; niche interests should be open to all people, and I will be more mindful of this in the future.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

While autism mostly effects men, women can be autistic too but often the symptoms are different.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70xgmW4qDw0&t=49s

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Ashcans posted:

I am not sure if this is crappy construction , but the building I am in has a weirdly shaped elevator. Instead of being a rectangle it's kind of an uneven trapezoid so two of the corners are out of square. I guess it has passed inspection sometime in the 50 years since it was built, but I have never seen anything like it and it's kind of unnerving.

Elevators with threatening auras?

This beauty was in a historical building, which I'm pretty sure meant any attempts to upgrade or improve the infrastructure were to be ignored because preservation.

It had one of those metal scissor doors that didn't really latch all the way and sounded like it was being run by a machine deep underground maintained by dwarves. Of course, our office was on the 5th floor. Hauling server hardware in that elevator felt way more dangerous than it needed to be.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

AFewBricksShy posted:

I was clearing some pictures off of my phone and I found this shot I took of a house in my neighborhood.

I don't think there's a single tread that is the same height as the others, they are a nightmare. Sorry for the potato quality, but they don't get any better the closer you get to the door.

Is this in Chevy Chase?

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Elevators with threatening auras?

The elevator that makes noises that sound almost but not quite like "I haven't decided to kill you yet, perhaps tomorrow....".

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

brugroffil posted:

Gonna be a lot of content coming from Texas soon!

https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/st...ingawful.com%2F

Yeah the comments are fun too, since they're full of plumbers going "Oh, you think it's about poop, do you? Guess who hooks up the oxygen in hospitals?"

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Yeah the comments are fun too, since they're full of plumbers going "Oh, you think it's about poop, do you? Guess who hooks up the oxygen in hospitals?"

Oh god.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I remember reading about a hospital where a patient died because someone hooked up an oxygen hose to a different gas dispenser, I forget which exactly. The couplings are different specifically to try to prevent this kind of mistake, but they just jammed the thing on there anyway.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

The perfect lift for when you really hate people in wheelchairs.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

And the fuel gas piping in residences and businesses and the gas/air/vacuum piping in laboratories!

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I remember reading about a hospital where a patient died because someone hooked up an oxygen hose to a different gas dispenser, I forget which exactly. The couplings are different specifically to try to prevent this kind of mistake, but they just jammed the thing on there anyway.

All we have in our patient rooms is Oxygen, Air, and vacuum, mixing up the oxygen and air can be happen but the vacuum one is completely different (also if you somehow did the fact that it just became a sucking line would be obvious). Then again there is ALWAYS a bigger idiot

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

I wanna say it was even weirder, like they hooked up his catheter to the oxygen line and fatally exploded his bladder.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

drgitlin posted:

Is this in Chevy Chase?

No, Lansdale PA.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

wheatpuppy posted:

I wanna say it was even weirder, like they hooked up his catheter to the oxygen line and fatally exploded his bladder.

That's happened too: https://www.physiciansweekly.com/bladder-catheteroxygen-supply-tubingdeath/

They initially tried to claim the patient had done it himself.

The Gardenator
May 4, 2007

Yams Fan

Happened to a newborn in Hawaii at a military hospital. The hospital didn't have built in Oxygen/Air/Suction valves and instead portable tanks. Some idiot wheeled a CO2 tank into the room and was given CO2 instead of Oxygen for almost an hour.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

The Gardenator posted:

Happened to a newborn in Hawaii at a military hospital. The hospital didn't have built in Oxygen/Air/Suction valves and instead portable tanks. Some idiot wheeled a CO2 tank into the room and was given CO2 instead of Oxygen for almost an hour.

"But why do I, a nurse, need to know about chemistry? How useless!"

Leocadia
Dec 26, 2011

The Gardenator posted:

When it happened in Melbourne the manifold pin indexed for N2O in the plant room led to an outlet labelled O2 in the maternity ward. Three infants were hooked up to the wrong gas. When the report came out we decided to audit all our manifolds and outlets - thankfully everything was hooked up correctly, but we discovered that our manifolds pre-date pin indexing, so we upgraded that in a big hurry!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

If it’s not a lot and you’re cheap you could uhh just wet it down and put it in a trash bag, tie it up, put it in another trash bag and leave it out with the rest. Wear a mask.

My brother-in-law (which is a weird word since he's not my brother in, by, or under any law) deals with asbestos by chucking it on a trailer, driving it across the tracks, and then throwing it in the garbage bin in MY front yard. Very safety-conscious.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why should average Americans care - it's not like they can afford care in hospitals.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Leocadia posted:

When it happened in Melbourne the manifold pin indexed for N2O in the plant room led to an outlet labelled O2 in the maternity ward. Three infants were hooked up to the wrong gas. When the report came out we decided to audit all our manifolds and outlets - thankfully everything was hooked up correctly, but we discovered that our manifolds pre-date pin indexing, so we upgraded that in a big hurry!

Wikipedia posted:

The Pin Index Safety System, or PISS

Permanent piss valves installed in the hospital

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Jerry Cotton posted:

My brother-in-law (which is a weird word since he's not my brother in, by, or under any law) deals with asbestos by chucking it on a trailer, driving it across the tracks, and then throwing it in the garbage bin in MY front yard. Very safety-conscious.

"Yes, I would like to report illegal dumping of hazardous materials..."

Sir_Lagsalot
May 6, 2007

Connection error

You think Mike Mulligan would have learned after the first time.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I hate everything about this.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Nothing better than a tripping hazard near a heat source and on a tiled floor.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Sir_Lagsalot posted:

Hot drat, pulling out the old hits. :mmmhmm:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Sir_Lagsalot posted:

:yeah:

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Mike Mulligan is awesome, so here's a good background if you'd like it. From an old photoshop thread years ago.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I like it.

Sir_Lagsalot posted:

I like this more.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

AFewBricksShy posted:

Mike Mulligan is awesome, so here's a good background if you'd like it. From an old photoshop thread years ago.

as a kiddo who grew up on mike mulligan gently caress the haters mary anne rules.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Removed smoke detector aside, what's with the chipboard roof?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Do you think the people running Tiki Torches just sit in their company tiki bar, bemoaning the idiots using their products lately?

"fuckin... Fucjin NATZEES Sue. My grandad faught em. It's all Nazis and fukkin IDIOTS lighting them in their manshed masterbatoriums. I JUST WANTED TO KEEP BARBEQUES SAFE FROM MOSQUITOS."

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Azza Bamboo posted:

Removed smoke detector aside, what's with the chipboard roof?

Quick replacement from when the previous ceiling caught fire.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Suspect Bucket posted:

"fuckin... Fucjin NATZEES Sue. My grandad faught em. It's all Nazis and fukkin IDIOTS lighting them in their manshed masterbatoriums. I JUST WANTED TO KEEP BARBEQUES SAFE FROM MOSQUITOS."

It’s my god-given right as an American to have my cheesy 40’s Hawaiian-theme masturbatorium and I will not hear anything otherwise. :mad:

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Ripoff posted:

It’s my god-given right as an American to have my cheesy 40’s Hawaiian-theme masturbatorium and I will not hear anything otherwise. :mad:

No one's fighting you on that, just don't use open oil flames near the chipboard ceiling!

My own tiki themed masterbatorium is coming along nicely. Slowly but surely, thanks to Goodwill and wish.com

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
It's just what the ceiling is made of. This is a homestead, there are a lot of things to be built more pressing than the ceiling in the temporary living structure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Hey look what I found

http://www.home-designing.com/staircase-design-ideas-inspiration-photos-tips

51 staircase pictures and about 45 of them are terrible ideas

this one isn't even bad stairs, it's a bad ladder