Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
holy moly this kaiju girl caramelizer series, I think someone recommended it in here a while back and I saw it just updated so I started right in on it, it's good, preordered the first volume

edit: wowee that latest chapter, drat now I really want the whole second volume right now, but that doesn't get released in english until november :(

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 09:49 on May 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Us, the end of the world, and the rest of our life by Koruse got scanlated by Sexy Akiba Detectives. It's really really good slice of life yuri set in a world that's winding down, but fair warning it's not completely worksafe depending on where you work.
Also, according to the credits page, there's more where that came from and now I wanna shake my fists at SAD.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Wow, I wasn't expecting good whisky opinions from this.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 29, 2019

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

holy moly this kaiju girl caramelizer series, I think someone recommended it in here a while back and I saw it just updated so I started right in on it, it's good, preordered the first volume

edit: wowee that latest chapter, drat now I really want the whole second volume right now, but that doesn't get released in english until november :(

This is good as hell

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/j1m0ne/status/1133745066474795008

This was extremely good IMO. Really looking forward to the next Sayaka novel.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Also, I read the first volume of Snow White Of The Red Hair on the train today after seeing it get recced on and off for a few years, and I enjoyed it quite a lot. The character art's really good, Shirayuki and Zen seem very charming, and the one-shot at the end was fantastic. Definitely gonna be picking up more.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
https://mangadex.org/title/20325/eclair-anata-ni-hibiku-yuri-anthology-anthology

This yuri anthology has been v. cute and often relateable.

Captain Invictus posted:

I just read that after someone linked it on discord yesterday holy heck is it ever cute.

Was that from the thing D. Ebrup linked? Don't have the time to read it now but I want to find out.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Cuntellectual posted:

Was that from the thing D. Ebrup linked? Don't have the time to read it now but I want to find out.

Yes, as is the whisky. It's very good.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I ran across this thread which is a recommendation list for BL titles you can get on Renta; I've read several of these and can vouch that they are pretty good

https://twitter.com/biggestrebel/status/1123435729303085061

I haven't used Renta yet but they have a lot of stuff in English so that's another avenue for getting your manga all legal-like.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
New chapter of Vampeerz is up for when you suspect your vampire waifu is cheating on you.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Still Sick, is still sick! (you know how the teens call something good sick, like after doing a skater trick...)

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The kaiju girl series is a lot of fun. I'm impressed by how good the kaiju art is.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

drat, it's too cute :3:

I want to hug the MC reminds me of a cat.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

About as destructive as one too.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Jagged Jim posted:

New chapter of Vampeerz is up for when you suspect your vampire waifu is cheating on you.

"A manservant" huh? She's either got a ghoul for sure. Also Aria, it's rude to use Dominate on your hosts, even if it is to preserve the Masquerade.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Waci posted:

Yes, as is the whisky. It's very good.

It is but that was an ominous ending.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Speaking of which, I forgot to mention that along with the first already being available, the rest also got announced for English release recently. They're pretty varied in both good and bad ways in terms of quality and content (ymmv of course), and the first anthology had a real "good authors working against a really harsh page limit" vibe, but it's worth looking at at least.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
New chapter of Sekirara ni Kiss was super cute :3:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Motto posted:

Speaking of which, I forgot to mention that along with the first already being available, the rest also got announced for English release recently. They're pretty varied in both good and bad ways in terms of quality and content (ymmv of course), and the first anthology had a real "good authors working against a really harsh page limit" vibe, but it's worth looking at at least.

Yeah, I realllly got that with the first one, too. Haven't checked out any of the other ones, were there any standout bad ones?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The new Adachi And Shimamura manga's first chapter is translated now. I liked it a whole lot, captures way way way more of the characters' inner monologues and the novels' best prose, and the art is leaps and bounds better. Looking forward to more.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
whats it relation to the other manga? different perspective?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

whats it relation to the other manga? different perspective?

My understanding is that the other manga ran years ago when the LNs were new and fizzled out after like a volume due to lack of popularity while the novels kept going. In recent months, probably in part due to how successful Bloom Into You's become, Dengeki decided to resurrect the franchise. The new manga is part of that new push, along with an anime (which we still know almost nothing about) and more novels IIRC.

In terms of story differences, looks like it's just a different take on the same material. Looks like they might have retconned out the alien character who was apparently a gag crossover from one of the LN author's other works.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I think I like this version a lot more than the other one.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Spiritus Nox posted:

Looks like they might have retconned out the alien character who was apparently a gag crossover from one of the LN author's other works.

Oh for real? That jarring little ball of "lets sidetrack/interrupt/annoy the main characters, and also there's an alien in my otherwise grounded romance ha haaa" felt like a really strange inclusion. I'll follow it and see where it goes, thanks.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah a discord friend linked me an interview with a roundtable with the editor, author, artist, publisher, and Nio Nakatani where it looks like (filtered through a spotty google translation) the artist mentions "yeah we're not doing the alien this time around," so it doesn't sound like she'll be showing up later either.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Wow, what a perfect moment to post that my home planet needs me meme if anyone has it.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Chas McGill posted:

The kaiju girl series is a lot of fun. I'm impressed by how good the kaiju art is.

I'm really enjoying it. I recommended it to my girlfriend and she said it really captured the feeling of body dysphoria, which I hadn't really picked up on.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It's a link.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

D. Ebdrup posted:

It's a link.
Dang oh dang. :kimchi:

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

D. Ebdrup posted:

It's a link.

Inspired repost.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/jewels

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Not sure if anyone else is a fan of Impending Doom: The Manga, but if the newest chapter is just a one off thing then that is such a tease.

"Why do you call it that?"

Oh no special reason.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 31, 2019

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

This is the only right question to ask when two people are eating shaved ice with red and blue syrup:

It's probably worksafe, unless your work is extremely prudish.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Vampeerz is pretty good huh? I like it.

Anything like it but longer?

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jun 1, 2019

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

Vampeerz is pretty good huh? I like it.

Anything like it but longer?

Not that much like it, but maybe Vampire And Kouhai-Chan?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
1-nen A-gumi no Monster updated again.

I might be way off base, but going by how Jimi reacted with disgust when Momo kissed him, and made a point of being intentionally oblivious to Banri having a thing for him, I kind of wonder if he was sexually assaulted by a woman at some point.

Tsubaki mentions he's 'just like her' due to him being being fearless, which would fit with that, too. Not so much fearless as 'ambivalent to the idea of dying.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
More Mobuko no Koi.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Volume 2 of the Adachi And Shimamura novels has started being translated on Dynasty. I'm still enjoying this a lot, it's got a real sense of mood to it. I can see why this is the guy they asked to do the Bloom Into You spinoff novels.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
What happens when a 300 year old elf tries to seduce his tomboy human girlfriend? Comedy gold is what happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the stupidity(emphasis on stupidity) and straightforwardness continues
https://mangadex.org/chapter/629581