Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Waltzing Along posted:

Oh yeah, this is the good stuff. Tell us more.

Please.

I'm close.

Enjoy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Human_Centipede

Edit: jfc what a page opener.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
It says it's adhesive-backed so I'm thinking it's just a sticker, not an actual patch.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It says it's adhesive-backed so I'm thinking it's just a sticker, not an actual patch.

Could that not refer to an iron-on as well?

Looked at pic. Referred to as patch on packaging and looks like fabric. It’s a patch.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

An iron on patch would also qualify as being adhesive backed.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

The_Doctor posted:

What even is this room? Why is the fireplace in the corner like that? Is it a very skinny room, or did you divide up a bigger room into two?

Nope, that's the original design. There are dozens of houses with variants on this floorplan in the neighborhood. And no, the room isn't narrow. It's just weird fireplace placement. On the other side of the wall from the fireplace is the closet of the next room over. :shrug:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is it even a real fireplace?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

CommanderApaul posted:

If you get it in store, there's a VIP promotion to get a mission patch.

https://imgur.com/a/fEFzdQC

It’s the lander from the Saturn V set, that’s cute

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

What kinda jerks close the local LEGO Store for a week of renovations right before new set release day? :mad:

so I drove 30 minutes to the other store, which had stacks and stacks of 10266

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Yeah didn’t seem like there were a ton of people there for it. Just a regular Saturday summer crowd.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Cojawfee posted:

Is it even a real fireplace?

No, man, I only use it when I need to reach the Ministry of Magic.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Habibi posted:

No, man, I only use it when I need to reach the Ministry of Magic.

That's not what I mean. There are fireplaces where you can burn wood with a real chimney, and then there are the fake log natural gas fireplaces where there is just a narrow pipe for the exhaust gases.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

FBS posted:

What kinda jerks close the local LEGO Store for a week of renovations right before new set release day? :mad:

so I drove 30 minutes to the other store, which had stacks and stacks of 10266
Stonebriar? If you went to Northpark instead, you may have seen me, lol. DFW LUG just had a meeting at the Northpark store this morning and we built the display model 10266.

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I have mine, it’s a fabric iron on patch.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Our Lego store was pretty quiet this morning too. I also picked up the Statue of Liberty brickheadz because it actually looks pretty good.

Re: the patch, it is a self-adhesive 3M type. It’s not actually embroidered; it appears to be dye-sub on to a textured fabric that looks like embroidery. I actually think it looks kind of neat, but it’s not an actual embroidered patch that you sew on to something.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

kefkafloyd posted:

Our Lego store was pretty quiet this morning too. I also picked up the Statue of Liberty brickheadz because it actually looks pretty good.

Re: the patch, it is a self-adhesive 3M type. It’s not actually embroidered; it appears to be dye-sub on to a textured fabric that looks like embroidery. I actually think it looks kind of neat, but it’s not an actual embroidered patch that you sew on to something.

Bitch I’ll sew it if I want to you’re not my dad.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Carbohydrates posted:

Stonebriar? If you went to Northpark instead, you may have seen me, lol. DFW LUG just had a meeting at the Northpark store this morning and we built the display model 10266.

Yep. I didn't get there til 11:30 or so. The display model was still in one piece but it was still sitting out at toddler-eye level so it may need some repairs as the day goes on.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Got some bad news for you, Feenix.

kefkafloyd is your father.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Just in time for father’s day, too!

Joking aside, I’m sure it can be sewed, I was just trying to describe the kind of patch construction it was.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

kefkafloyd posted:

Just in time for father’s day, too!

Joking aside, I’m sure it can be sewed, I was just trying to describe the kind of patch construction it was.

Totes and I don’t care I was just making stupid jokes. :)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The lunar lander is badass but for some reason I was under the impression it was $60. I doubt I'll bite at $100.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

I had been looking for something to fit that little corner alcove and this works pretty well.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hard to dust up there.

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.
https://twitter.com/djsnm/status/1134983144803713024?s=21

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I was at Legoland California today, and saw two exclusive sets I haven’t seen before, the Driving School and Legoland.

The Driving School was $20, and Legoland was $90, which seems like a very good price for the brick count.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Nothing like a speed build so fast you can’t see poo poo and you get a headache. :p

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Gann Jerrod posted:

I was at Legoland California today, and saw two exclusive sets I haven’t seen before, the Driving School and Legoland.

The Driving School was $20, and Legoland was $90, which seems like a very good price for the brick count.

When you factor in the admission price for Legoland California, you honestly should get the best pricing imaginable on any set you buy there. The UCS Millennium Falcon should honestly cost $699 there because you're paying nearly $100 to get in.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

When you factor in the admission price for Legoland California, you honestly should get the best pricing imaginable on any set you buy there. The UCS Millennium Falcon should honestly cost $699 there because you're paying nearly $100 to get in.

IIRC, you can get a special pass to just enter the store there that doesn't cost you anything.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Pyroclastic posted:

IIRC, you can get a special pass to just enter the store there that doesn't cost you anything.

Ah, never mind, then. Good to know since I'll *eventually* visit San Diego and might take the time to visit.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Ah, never mind, then. Good to know since I'll *eventually* visit San Diego and might take the time to visit.

Found it.
https://california-support.legoland...ntrance-ticket-

quote:

Guests that are solely interested in shopping at LEGOLAND California Resort, you will need to pay for parking and then you may request a Shopper’s Pass option at the ticket booth or outside Guest Service window. You will be required to purchase a full-price 1-day LEGOLAND only ticket. You may then spend up to 1 hour in the Park and must spend $25 in retail items and show receipt of purchase, in order to receive a full refund on your ticket purchase after you exit. Your tickets and parking, with receipt, can only be refunded at the outside Guest Services window and must show that it was scanned at the turnstile within the past 60 minutes. Please note that this offer is not valid during special events such as Brick-or-Treat Party Nights (Saturdays in October).

So you still have to buy the day pass, but if you're back out within an hour and spend $25, you'll get it refunded.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol that sounds like a massive pain in the rear end. How about just sell those sets on the Lego site goddamn.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

BIG HEADLINE posted:

But you're paying for a ticket into the theme park, not an advance on LEGO sets.

Just finished up the Lunar Lander and I just noticed I have one of my stickers upside and I don't think I can remove these reflective stickers without ruining them so gently caress it. It's a lot bigger than I thought but man it's great, I watched Apollo 18 half-way through the build and the movie finished right when I did. Now I just need some rock spiders to make this a horror film piece.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Legoland parks aren't owned by Lego, and the Lego stores inside them are run by the company that owns Legoland (Merlin Entertainment), not Lego.

So it's Merlin that decided on the "buy and refund a ticket policy", to access the Lego Stores in the Legoland parks, not Lego.

And while Merlin does probably get a good deal on the sets they sell in their stores from Lego, it's likely not a good enough one to knock $100 off the price of even an $800 set.

There's something else discouraging Merlin, and other retailers, from discounting certain sets but I'm pretty pretty pretty sure I'm not allowed to talk about it.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

asecondduck posted:

The Legoland parks aren't owned by Lego, and the Lego stores inside them are run by the company that owns Legoland (Merlin Entertainment), not Lego.

So it's Merlin that decided on the "buy and refund a ticket policy", to access the Lego Stores in the Legoland parks, not Lego.

And while Merlin does probably get a good deal on the sets they sell in their stores from Lego, it's likely not a good enough one to knock $100 off the price of even an $800 set.

There's something else discouraging Merlin, and other retailers, from discounting certain sets but I'm pretty pretty pretty sure I'm not allowed to talk about it.

Is it the licensing agreements? I’m pretty sure you’re safe here in the DIY sub forum of Something Awful.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Pro tip: getting a park season pass gets you 20-25% off at the park shop every month.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

asecondduck posted:

Well now I have to know what this means.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Easiest explanation is that if lego finds out someone is undercutting, they don't get lego shipments anymore.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

IG-88 posted:

Is it the licensing agreements? I’m pretty sure you’re safe here in the DIY sub forum of Something Awful.

I’m guessing based on the qualifier “certain sets” that this is the answer

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

A couple years back Fred Meyer started to exclude Lego from their advertised toy coupons and it made me sad.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay, here goes:

Lego has a list of sets that retailers are not allowed to sell below the MSRP. If they do, they lose authorization to sell any Lego sets for six months.

I don't think Lego has had to enforce it, at least with any major retailers--there was one incident of a major retailer selling a set on the list at a cheaper price online recently, but because the retailer cancelled the orders that were placed before they shipped out, they were allowed to keep selling sets through the holiday season.

The sets on the list almost seems arbitrary, but it's usually new or newish $200+ sets. Licensing ends up being a factor because licensed sets end up being more expensive, but it isn't all licensed sets. None of the Overwatch sets were on the list, which is how Target and Walmart were selling them for 20% off or whatever it was the day they launched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

The More You Know(tm)

Does anyone have the Bastion Overwatch set? I was browsing at Target and I don’t play overwatch but that set looks pretty cool. How’s the articulation?