Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Magical Trans still good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

New messy yuri series from Shimura about adults

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I like messy and will totally read it later.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Mentat Radnor posted:

Oh for real? That jarring little ball of "lets sidetrack/interrupt/annoy the main characters, and also there's an alien in my otherwise grounded romance ha haaa" felt like a really strange inclusion. I'll follow it and see where it goes, thanks.

I'd started reading Adachi and Shimamura with no idea about any of this and uh, what the hell.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Cuntellectual posted:

I'd started reading Adachi and Shimamura with no idea about any of this and uh, what the hell.

I mean, she's mostly just a gag character from what I've read so far.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

I mean, she's mostly just a gag character from what I've read so far.

Yeah, it's just such a bizarre inclusion.

I'm kinda baffled about there being another version, is it just going to retread the same stuff?

Also by how both of the title characters apparently just go to school and not class. Japanese kids are weird.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

fufufufufu

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

[External screaming]

This is 100% my poo poo and I am ready :getin:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

This is looks like it's going to either be really great or basically the feelings we all must endure but by Shimura

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Is the ordering of pages hosed up or something? If it's supposed to be jumping back and forth time-wise I can't see what the purpose of that is meant to be in this story. It's not like it reads super confusing this way but it's just kind of really weird like on page 12 the situation almost seems kinda skeevy since by skipping everything in between it looks like blonde is completely out of it, which seems very not on purpose given the rest of the chapter.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Waci posted:

This is looks like it's going to either be really great or basically the feelings we all must endure but by Shimura

Please no.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

A new otome villainess series has a gimmick I can get down with.

That's a mean right hook.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the wn translation is only a few chapters further in, but it seems to be mostly an exhaustive account of her being abused by the prince. and as the first chapter demonstrated, she hadn't snapped before that party so it's just her taking it and taking it and nothing else.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
https://mangadex.org/chapter/633011/1

The most useless of princesses is back.

Hell,

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 5, 2019

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Fukkin' sold.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Holy shiiiiiiiit

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

I am so into this. I've been enjoying the otome-villain genre as of late but hell. yes.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I fully support an otome villainess who will cut through the bullshit and go right into fisticuffs.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I wonder if there's a specific game this is all ultimately pulling from or if the royalty school, ball, and fiance really ARE that insanely ubiquitous.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Given

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the wn translation is only a few chapters further in, but it seems to be mostly an exhaustive account of her being abused by the prince. and as the first chapter demonstrated, she hadn't snapped before that party so it's just her taking it and taking it and nothing else.

I want to see a second chapter first, because while I love Violence Otome, that quote is, um

Troubling

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if nothing else, that one chapter makes for a very fun short story.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Rody One Half posted:

I wonder if there's a specific game this is all ultimately pulling from or if the royalty school, ball, and fiance really ARE that insanely ubiquitous.

It's the same reason a lot of other isekai use Generic Fantasy MMO for their setting. Why bother inventing a unique setting when you can just use what's popular.

Mors Rattus posted:

Given

I want to see a second chapter first, because while I love Violence Otome, that quote is, um

Troubling

Same. Am super down for punch lady, but not if it involves a lot of placidly taking it from an rear end in a top hat.

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Rody One Half posted:

There actually isn't, to my knowledge. The most popular otome games mostly have modern or historical japanese settings, and these love rival villaness characters aren't really a thing either. All the villainess novels seem to only be pulling off each other with nothing original they're actually parodying. Some of the consistent tropes you see I think might come from old shoujo manga cliches though.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm waiting for Tomoda: I Reincarnated As The Buddy Character In A Dating Sim

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Any interesting autobiographical manga like Kakaku out there?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Chas McGill posted:

Any interesting autobiographical manga like Kakaku out there?

It's a book not a manga, but Mari Okada's autobiography is a good read.

From Truant to Anime Screenwriter: My Path to “Anohana” and “The Anthem of the Heart”

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

and i must meme posted:

There actually isn't, to my knowledge. The most popular otome games mostly have modern or historical japanese settings, and these love rival villaness characters aren't really a thing either. All the villainess novels seem to only be pulling off each other with nothing original they're actually parodying. Some of the consistent tropes you see I think might come from old shoujo manga cliches though.

So it's a Stand Alone Complex?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Same here Honda

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Jesus we're going all the way with these two, just like in the original comics.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Also new Dumb Prefect.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
OH MY loving GOD.

Are those anachronistic, badass biker gloves? :aaaaa:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
One of my favorite drama series just got updated again. The once a month thing is brutal. :negative:

That said, the comment section is almost as bad as Meguro's. Possibly worse.

Plutonis posted:

Same here Honda

What is that from?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Cuntellectual posted:

One of my favorite drama series just got updated again. The once a month thing is brutal. :negative:

That said, the comment section is almost as bad as Meguro's. Possibly worse.

What is that from?

This

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I feel like whenever I ask that lately it's from that.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

This looks like a fun entry in the Otome Villainess genre.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Twitch Plays Otome Game

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
That's a lot easier to read than the WN for me. I was interested in the concept, but the WN lost me pretty quickly, so I'm happy the manga's better.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I think i've hit peak otome villainess

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Childhood friends can be very dangerous. And is anyone reading Yoko's other series (of which I think he's working on 3 at the moment) Destroy all Humanity that Can't be Regenerated? I was never into magic the gathering too much back when I used to play CCGs, but this series will probably hit some nostalgia points for anyone who did play back in 99. Main couple has good chemistry and overall it reminds me of Wizard's Souls where there's actual attention payed to the card games themselves and the main duo's relationship is so far kept to the side lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012