Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Synthbuttrange posted:

hello we'd like to come down now

hello?

the sims murder pool has come to life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
MYSHUNO?!

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I want to believe that to enter or exit the pool you must swim down through a complicated set of air(water)locks and it's a race against time.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

I see somebody just worked out to import Poser models into Bryce.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Synthbuttrange posted:

hello?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

I dearly want to read an article that explains what happened here. Is there actually a swimming pool up at the top of that building that broke out one of the walls? I can't imagine that the central water distribution for that building has enough pressure to do that, all the way at the top of the building.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I dearly want to read an article that explains what happened here. Is there actually a swimming pool up at the top of that building that broke out one of the walls? I can't imagine that the central water distribution for that building has enough pressure to do that, all the way at the top of the building.

https://globalnews.ca/video/5193595/intense-video-shows-rooftop-pool-spilling-over-building-during-powerful-manila-earthquake

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Arrath posted:

I want to believe that to enter or exit the pool you must swim down through a complicated set of air(water)locks and it's a race against time.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-08/plans-for-world-first-360-degree-infinity-rooftop-pool/11193096

maybe. its not entirely clear.

Loezi
Dec 18, 2012

Never buy the cheap stuff

The link posted:

The solution is based on the door of a submarine, coupled with a rotating spiral staircase which rises from the pool floor when someone wants to get in or out.

So that'll be fun when the power cuts out.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Loezi posted:

So that'll be fun when the power cuts out.

I want to know how it handles displacement. Is the pool rapidly drained to make room for the staircase?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

hello?
*flush*

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

*one of those stupid floating orbs is blown off by the wind, crushing a pedestrian's skull*

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
It's kinda obscene that so much money and work is going to go in to making a fancy swimming pool but apartments for poor people are clad in accelerant because it's a fraction of a percent cheaper.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

GotLag posted:

It's kinda obscene that so much money and work is going to go in to making a fancy swimming pool but they can't even make apartments for poor people that aren't clad in accelerant because it's a fraction of a percent cheaper.

And the cladding was only applied because it made the poorhouse look less better for the rich fucks across the road.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

FCKGW posted:

the sims murder pool has come to life

Not gonna lie, a Sims game based upon you making the most hazardous and cheap house designs and the challenge being their survival would own pretty hard.

I’d love to try the bracing seen on the decks in this very thread, or some of the wiring setups.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Guests can stare up at asses all their stay. Sounds cool.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Ripoff posted:

Not gonna lie, a Sims game based upon you making the most hazardous and cheap house designs and the challenge being their survival would own pretty hard.

I’d love to try the bracing seen on the decks in this very thread, or some of the wiring setups.

Rollercoaster Tycoon already exists.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Ripoff posted:

I know someone made :grovertoot: in Minecraft so I assume it's been done with the Sims already too.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Ripoff posted:

Not gonna lie, a Sims game based upon you making the most hazardous and cheap house designs and the challenge being their survival making sure liability for their deaths don't land on you would own pretty hard.

Landlord Simulator 2019

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Is this how many showerheads it takes to wash the stench of rich rear end in a top hat from your body?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'm willing to bet if you turn all those on the water just dribbles out of all of em.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Also seven dials sticking out of the wall.

Seven.

You're going to look like an extra from the set of Star Trek when operating this shower.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Azza Bamboo posted:

Seven.

You're going to look like an extra from the set of Star Trek when operating this shower.

I've actually used one of these multi-head things at a spa once, and it was pretty fun for a one-time thing. But it only had three knobs, rainfall, hand-held, and car-wash extravaganza. I don't know what you would even use seven different ones for. What labyrinthine PVC nightmare lies within those walls?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

there wolf posted:

I've actually used one of these multi-head things at a spa once, and it was pretty fun for a one-time thing. But it only had three knobs, rainfall, hand-held, and car-wash extravaganza. I don't know what you would even use seven different ones for. What labyrinthine PVC nightmare lies within those walls?

Ask Bloody Stupid Johnson.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Azza Bamboo posted:

I'm willing to bet if you turn all those on the water just dribbles out of all of em.

Oh man y'all IDK if my Chinese giant showerheads is crappy construction but gently caress I love showering under a square foot of water. I have an adjustable flow restrictor and I get around 2-3 GPM and it still feels great.

I take shorter showers now because I get clean and get out to save water but those are some good minutes.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ripoff posted:

https://twitter.com/LogikEmily/status/1122369560986787842

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Ask Bloody Stupid Johnson.

Needs the Ol' Faithful setting.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Youth Decay posted:

Is this how many showerheads it takes to wash the stench of rich rear end in a top hat from your body?

Why did they go with handles that look like the lowest quality moen trim?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

there wolf posted:

Lol, look at this idiot who doesn't know how to use the three seashells knobs

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Needs the Ol' Faithful setting.

That's the bidet.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Slugworth posted:

Why did they go with handles that look like the lowest quality moen trim?

You made me zoom in and I found out those are tiles and not slabs of marble. That's cheap luxury all around.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Azza Bamboo posted:

Seven.

I only see three builder grade moens and a bunch of lovely tile. This looks like something you install in your double wide.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

The whole mansion where it came from is classic 80s "luxury" though most of the rest of it is pretty boring. They're asking double the Zestimate (Lynchburg VA real estate is cheap af) and it's been on the market for nearly 3 years.The shower looks a bit out of place in the bathroom though

And I highly doubt this:

quote:

Construction quality is fabulous

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Lol, it's a 3200 sq ft colonial with two poorly attached side-tumors and a nasty back tumor that make it nearly 10k sq ft. It's all so disgusting.

e: lol the fake half columns in the "hallway thing" and the looney tunes mural in the wine cellar.

Motronic fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 9, 2019

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Motronic posted:

Lol, it's a 3200 sq ft colonial with two poorly attached side-tumors and a nasty back tumor that make it nearly 10k sq ft. It's all so disgusting.

If I win in Eurojackpot I'll buy that house.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

If I win in Eurojackpot I'll buy that house.

I'll help you burn it to the ground if you do. Surely that was your intention.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Little ramp/steps in front of a massive taxidermy walrus at the science museum.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
Is that a ramp on the right? That lip might be there to prevent a wheelchair from an unplanned stair descent?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mercury Ballistic posted:

Is that a ramp on the right? That lip might be there to prevent a wheelchair from an unplanned stair descent?

Yep, that's exactly what it's for. It also has black and yellow hazard tape to call attention to it for stair users.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
Personal submission: Bathroom carpet, partially removed at some point and replaced with asbestos tile. Then ceramic tile over that.

Also, a custom monster vanity that covered the radiator.