Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Lol, no. The prologue section where the crew of the Enterprise saves the Nibirans is the only good part. That was classic Trek action, and loving ruled. Everything else that followed was dogshit written by a 9/11 truther.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It fit with the universe they established in ST09, that is, the part where Section 31 has more power since Vulcan got blown up so they work with the Admiralty to make a more powerful ship to counter the Klingons/other threats

It goes completely off the rails when they decide to do a crappy remake of WoK

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

I for one am looking forward to Billy Dee Williams referencing the events of Solo.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

pospysyl posted:

I for one am looking forward to Billy Dee Williams referencing the events of Solo.

Over / Under (classic goon usage here) on Lando saying "This is worse than Kessell!!" or doing the "little maneuver from the battle of tanaab" with the falcon

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

IG-88 posted:

You guys are wrong. You know what ship that is.

They're fighting on the back half of a decoy before we come in and destroy both those meatbags. We tried doing the same to Boba Fett but we know how that turned out. :rolleyes:

Cant put my finger on it but you seem biased

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
basic rear end question: how old is the first order roughly during the events of the new movies?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

basic rear end question: how old is the first order roughly during the events of the new movies?

Buy the book to find out!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Alan Smithee posted:

5 years ABY, so 25 years or so.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jerkface posted:

Over / Under (classic goon usage here) on Lando saying "This is worse than Kessell!!" or doing the "little maneuver from the battle of tanaab" with the falcon

Lando's going to fondle the dice.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Alan Smithee posted:

With no basic answer! In short it's contradictory. Some NuEU materials have it start almost as soon as the OT is over. Others have it take years. Some have it literally be made of like half the Republic revealing they were FO all along. Others have them as some backwoods thing no ones heard of. There is no real answer because "The Bad Guys" is the most thought that was put into them for the films, and so none of the EU writers had anything to go on and had to make up their own excuses, all of which were different.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Taintrunner posted:

it's straight up fuckin' 12 year old boy fanfiction

just embarassing

Those stills look great tho

And at least Cumberbatch didn't brown face it like Montalban

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

galagazombie posted:

With no basic answer! In short it's contradictory. Some NuEU materials have it start almost as soon as the OT is over. Others have it take years. Some have it literally be made of like half the Republic revealing they were FO all along. Others have them as some backwoods thing no ones heard of. There is no real answer because "The Bad Guys" is the most thought that was put into them for the films, and so none of the EU writers had anything to go on and had to make up their own excuses, all of which were different.

It must be all of those things at once because the Story Group™ approved it and that means it's true and real.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Mooey Cow posted:

It must be all of those things at once because the Story Group™ approved it and that means it's true and real.

But if the story group doesn’t have real power, why would Disney make a big show of paying these five people to approve all the stories and make them sync up? They wouldn’t lie and disrespect all their greatest fans!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Knight2m posted:

Seriously though, of all the things Disney won't do, they won't cut off Rey's arm.

But what if she steals?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The millennium falcon will be blown up in the next movie.

However readers of EU material will learn that actually the millennium falcon moves to a different ship every decade and actually it's just fine, still out there somewhere, offscreen.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The millennium falcon will be blown up in the next movie.

However readers of EU material will learn that actually the millennium falcon moves to a different ship every decade and actually it's just fine, still out there somewhere, offscreen.

The Spaceship of Theseus

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

*rubs temples gently with index fingers*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_lhvfHtxlY

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Gonz posted:

*rubs temples gently with index fingers*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_lhvfHtxlY

Can’t watch video right now. What’s the gist of it?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

Can’t watch video right now. What’s the gist of it?

Kylo Ren has consolidated utter control of most of the galaxy
He is trying to find more Vader relics
Palpatine comes back
Takes over the body of a Knight of Ren
Poe is now in charge of what's left of the Resistance
Rose and Finn are his lieutenants
Leia fucks off to the Outer Rim to recruit more systems
Kylo and Rey have to team up, on Yavin IV, to stop Palpatine reborn

Barudak
May 7, 2007

No

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

:hmmyes:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/CadBanesBounty/status/1137423407623090179

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
Sounds like a wet turd.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
"Oh my god! You're using the same phone you used last week to Snapchat! Are you going to Snapchat RIGIHT NOW?!"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Gonz posted:

Kylo Ren has consolidated utter control of most of the galaxy
He is trying to find more Vader relics
Palpatine comes back
Takes over the body of a Knight of Ren
Poe is now in charge of what's left of the Resistance
Rose and Finn are his lieutenants
Leia fucks off to the Outer Rim to recruit more systems
Kylo and Rey have to team up, on Yavin IV, to stop Palpatine reborn
A lot of that sounds plausible but LOL at them going back to Yavin

Also if that is what they do with Leia to explain why she isn’t around I’m going to roll my eyes pretty hard

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Poor Leia, thought about ants and died

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That description is also weird because at the end of TLJ I got the impression that they were headed to the Outer Rim to find help but apparently not?

I just want to know what they are planning with Sheev

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm sure leia going in person this time will seal the deal on recruiting her "allies" (people who were willing to sit in stony silence while listening to her get murdered over the radio)

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

I just want to know what they are planning with Sheev

Probably to fill whatever role Snoke was supposed to have before he subverted our expectations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

FlamingLiberal posted:

A lot of that sounds plausible but LOL at them going back to Yavin

Is this going to be a thing where like we thought they were going to Endor to explore Death Star II wreckage but we're supposed to be blown away and there'll be like an OH poo poo close up of which ever main character saying they have to get Sith artifact poo poo from THE FIRST DEATH STAR?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Neo Rasa posted:

Is this going to be a thing where like we thought they were going to Endor to explore Death Star II wreckage but we're supposed to be blown away and there'll be like an OH poo poo close up of which ever main character saying they have to get Sith artifact poo poo from THE FIRST DEATH STAR?
Oh probably. Although if that is the case that first trailer is really bad about lying

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

No Mods No Masters posted:

I'm sure leia going in person this time will seal the deal on recruiting her "allies" (people who were willing to sit in stony silence while listening to her get murdered over the radio)

That makes sense actually, they’re gonna be really embarrassed that’s she’s alive and be all oh huh how weird our space radio has been on the fritz...and we were in the bathroom...

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

DeimosRising posted:

That makes sense actually, they’re gonna be really embarrassed that’s she’s alive and be all oh huh how weird our space radio has been on the fritz...and we were in the bathroom...

While Leia just stone cold stares at them in silence (both to shame them...and because they at least have footage of that and there's no new dialogue).

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Hell yeah, LOBOT IS IN THE MOVIE!!!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Disney. I mean, if they hadn't killed my interest in Star Wars, I might be spending all of my money on movies, toys, games, and other garbage. I'd also like to thank CBS for killing my love of Star Trek as well for the same reasons. I'm rollin' in cash I totally wouldn't have had.

It's not that much money, though... :(

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Bogus Adventure posted:

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Disney. I mean, if they hadn't killed my interest in Star Wars, I might be spending all of my money on movies, toys, games, and other garbage. I'd also like to thank CBS for killing my love of Star Trek as well for the same reasons. I'm rollin' in cash I totally wouldn't have had.

It's not that much money, though... :(

I don't know man Pure Woke Rey vs. Incel Columbine Kylo really subbed my poz expectations

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Farrier Theaks posted:

I don't know man Pure Woke Rey vs. Incel Columbine Kylo really subbed my poz expectations

lmao

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

quote:

Maryann Brandon, a long-time editing collaborator of director J.J. Abrams, spoke with Express recently and revealed that due to a production time crunch, the upcoming “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” had to get around to the editing stage during filming in order to stay on schedule.

Brandon tells the outlet she spent her time on set effectively never more than ten feet away from Abrams, the pair cutting the film as they shot. This allowed them to get the kinds of shots during the main shoot that meant they could cut down on the number of reshoots needed later.

“When we did The Force Awakens, we started in May and we finished shooting in October, and we were out [the following] Christmas. For this film, we didn’t start until August, so we weren’t done until February shooting – so we have four months less time, and it’s a very big film. So I convinced J.J. to let me cut on the set.

I had the DP right there to ask questions. If I needed a shot, or if J.J. decided we needed another shot, we would set up in a corner and get a green screen shot of something. Getting to know the cast and having them be comfortable with me, it was a really great way to understand what they were going through.”

lol

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Seems like Abrams is where franchises go to be homogenized, cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009