Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://twitter.com/TeenageStepdad/status/1140282158696689664

My white stepdad name is gregg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Captain Marvel worth the Red Box?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Pretty bland imo, but maybe it's a 99 center?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

It's a perfectly watchable Marvel movie.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Hi Sarah, have some nightmare fuel!
I dealt with some of this last year while it was unfolding and it has made inspections a blast.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/06/16/porter-hospital-infections-surgical-sterilization-lawsuit/

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Today's game was the most heartbreaking thing I've ever seen sports wise. In the final play, the away team beats the home team in the final match of the championship. San Diego had literally scored with one minute remaining and everyone was excited to see a championship come to San Diego after 50 something years. Then Seattle scored in injury time on the last play. Everyone was stunned. Except the small group of away fans. They went nuts.

Album:https://imgur.com/a/6BQ2Re2

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Soulex posted:

Today's game was the most heartbreaking thing I've ever seen sports wise. In the final play, the away team beats the home team in the final match of the championship. San Diego had literally scored with one minute remaining and everyone was excited to see a championship come to San Diego after 50 something years. Then Seattle scored in injury time on the last play. Everyone was stunned. Except the small group of away fans. They went nuts.

Album:https://imgur.com/a/6BQ2Re2

I was watching that game live on TV, that final rolling maul was loving WILD. What a fantastic match all around, goddamn.

I hope MLR gets more attention soon, it's a great league. Needs a better trophy though, that shield is dumb.

Also there are going to be over 2 million people in downtown Toronto for the Raptors victory parade today. Traffic is completely hosed, the commuter trains and subways are also equally hosed.

MA-Horus fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jun 17, 2019

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

bengy81 posted:

Hi Sarah, have some nightmare fuel!
I dealt with some of this last year while it was unfolding and it has made inspections a blast.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/06/16/porter-hospital-infections-surgical-sterilization-lawsuit/

Holy poo poo.

Of course they are getting away with saying it’s not linked to sterilization because it’s not. It’s linked to decontamination and inspection. I’m sure the sterilizer and indicators are showing parameters were met.

That is a nightmare. One thing I can say about where I work is everyone deeply cares about our patients. The thing about the VA is all of our patients are fragile. We are not sending instruments off to be used on some 19 year old who can recover from a surgical site infection. Imagine surviving combat and coming home, then later on dying from cataract surgery. Or coming home and dying from a vasectomy (a lot of old dudes get snipped it’s weird). It’s loving serious what we do and we know it. We may be working in the god awful heat but those instruments are clean and working in proper order when the lock gets put on.

Man that article makes me mad. gently caress every single person who looked at dirty instruments and said eh gently caress it just push it through.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Sarah posted:

Holy poo poo.

Of course they are getting away with saying it’s not linked to sterilization because it’s not. It’s linked to decontamination and inspection. I’m sure the sterilizer and indicators are showing parameters were met.

That is a nightmare. One thing I can say about where I work is everyone deeply cares about our patients. The thing about the VA is all of our patients are fragile. We are not sending instruments off to be used on some 19 year old who can recover from a surgical site infection. Imagine surviving combat and coming home, then later on dying from cataract surgery. Or coming home and dying from a vasectomy (a lot of old dudes get snipped it’s weird). It’s loving serious what we do and we know it. We may be working in the god awful heat but those instruments are clean and working in proper order when the lock gets put on.

Man that article makes me mad. gently caress every single person who looked at dirty instruments and said eh gently caress it just push it through.

What's really scary is that's not even the worst facility I've seen. One of the major systems here had a pretty good kill count in 2015, but their legal and PR teams got ahead of it before press got too bad.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Sarah posted:

Or coming home and dying from a vasectomy (a lot of old dudes get snipped it’s weird).

They want to rawdog their sugar babies but don't want to eat a co-pay.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
That is nuts. A distant relative through marriage died just last week after a (relatively) minor surgery, likely due to an infection. After years of good treatment at his local VAMC, they had to send him to a private hospital and the dingbats there hosed up. Obviously, they won't cop to it, and it's pretty infuriating knowing that they won't face much in the way of consequences.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Naked Bear posted:

That is nuts. A distant relative through marriage died just last week after a (relatively) minor surgery, likely due to an infection. After years of good treatment at his local VAMC, they had to send him to a private hospital and the dingbats there hosed up. Obviously, they won't cop to it, and it's pretty infuriating knowing that they won't face much in the way of consequences.

Mine only does really simple stuff. Cataracts, vasectomies, lumps & bumps, T&A (heh), D&C, laps, etc.

One major hospital that just opened here has already gotten a legionnaires kill count. :smith: I hope no one is sent out for community care there.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Got one of those gold custom cut window shades. I had the remote starter but man, adding the shade with that is :discourse:

Even in triple digits, my dark blue Subaru's black leather seats are barely warm to the touch by the time I open the door, and the air is cool.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I like to think he’s impersonating what he believes is your average American.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Which one could cause it really could be any of them?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So Bad Batch on Netflix has taught me that Jason Mimosa can literally be a cannibal, eat half a chick, and still she falls in love with him.

That movie is good though.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Soulex posted:

So Bad Batch on Netflix has taught me that Jason Mimosa

Preserving, and using from now on.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
So at what point will my ankles stop being sore from running 2-3x a week?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

When you're dead. But seriously, I thought about trying to get in running shape again and wonder this also well

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Pick a not terrible form of exercise? Something that hurts your joints less like, I dunno, slamming your limbs in a car door for an hour or so. I do martial arts and even if I'm full on jump kicking poo poo for half an hour it's a cushioned bag designed to not gently caress up your skeleton in exchange for exercising. I'm on disability with rods and screws over various parts of my body from the poo poo running did to me and I hate that form of exercise with a passion because of it, so I've had to do a fair amount of investigating of alternatives.

If you have a YMCA nearby they tend to have pools that have shallow parts that are set aside for old broken people to do non-impact exercises in and that is some seriously good poo poo. There's membership free-time most of the time and then some of the bigger YMCAs will do stuff like pool yoga that doesn't hurt.

Well OK, doesn't hurt your joints. Muscles are a different story. Yoga is some bonkers poo poo.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nick Soapdish posted:

When you're dead. But seriously, I thought about trying to get in running shape again and wonder this also well

I walk my dog twice a day, that's pretty easy on the joints.

But this is four miles total, so maybe not.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Possibly never? I've been slowly working my way back into running over the past few months and it definitely feels harder on the joints than a few years ago. I mostly ride a bike these days which is super amazingly fun and a lot less impact on your legs.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

check out swimming or cycling. poo poo that doesn't have high impact on your joints is a solid way of staying in shape, plus it's a ton of fun to be fast on a bike or in the pool.

body by aqua fitness *note, this isn't me but i have p. much the same bod in case you guys were wondering*

Only registered members can see post attachments!

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I use the elliptical because it’s low/no impact on my joints. I’ve lost 9 pounds doing it and will probably keep doing it to hit my goal of losing 15 pounds. Being light infantry and rucking 12+ miles/running 5+ miles all the loving time on tarmac destroyed my joints.

God drat it army every memory I have of you is how you hosed me up.

Maybe that’s the source of my anger problems.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Weird recommendation maybe but buy better running shoes. I like Salomons, the Speedcross 4s have been especially kind to my feet. All those little nubs on the bottom constantly flexing and poo poo really soaks up a ton of the blow on my ankles and knees, and I wear them to work all the drat time. Probably my best standing around shoe too. Light, flexible, and I can still comfortably walk the dog after work in them, unlike the Merrells I have. The rubber cleats on the bottom have a tendency to make them slick on wet surfaces though, like painted speed bumps and anything resembling ice.

LA police gear sent me an email about a clearance on Salomon boots yesterday. I'll probably get a pair this fall.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea I got properly fitted for a pair of Saucony’s last week. I like running when it all clicks. What I don’t like is how fluky it feels. I’m in the first month or so of taking it seriously. Some days 4 miles is easy. And others it’s a big challenge to get beyond a mile. I figure it’s the not something to rush.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Serious recommendation for everybody: if you can find a real, no-poo poo store for runners, have them check your feet out and fit you for shoes. They should ask you to walk / run around the shop so that they can take your gait into account, as well.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

nike air pegasus are like clouds on my high arches and I might as well have a amazon subscription to them at this point

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I like running more now that I'm out and can dictate my own pace and distance. Feeling like poo poo? gently caress it, cut it off at two miles. Feeling froggy? Do four or five.

It's still not my favorite form of exercise, but it's more tolerable now.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Naked Bear posted:

Serious recommendation for everybody: if you can find a real, no-poo poo store for runners, have them check your feet out and fit you for shoes. They should ask you to walk / run around the shop so that they can take your gait into account, as well.

For real. Fleet Feet let me return a pair of Nike Pegasus shoes that murdered my feet and then had me try on three different pairs for quick jogs on their store treadmill.

They were extremely helpful.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

For real. Fleet Feet let me return a pair of Nike Pegasus shoes that murdered my feet and then had me try on three different pairs for quick jogs on their store treadmill.

They were extremely helpful.

Vegas has Red Rock Running Company and they're v good for this. Got my Mizunos there and I've pretty much stuck with that brand for years.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

The Rat posted:

I like running more now that I'm out and can dictate my own pace and distance. Feeling like poo poo? gently caress it, cut it off at two miles. Feeling froggy? Do four or five.

It's still not my favorite form of exercise, but it's more tolerable now.

I'm no fan of running, but I can take a steady jog. I'd rather go gently caress around in the woods, but work has been wearing my rear end out this week. Need to move to the other side of town too, even being fifteen minutes from some trails feels like a mile too far after work.

Goddamn I need to move to the loving mountains already.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

After 2 years in this dig, I thought I couldn't be surprised anymore, but I just had the easily most-bizarre work day of my entire employment career.

Flushing it down with a proper Münchner Augustiner at the moment

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The contract I'm temporarily moving to in late July just emailed me and said they want to discuss bringing me on permanently when I'm done here. I am to be the task master.

Probably going to say yes, I would much rather be THE MASTER OF TASKS for this completely new contract/new office being established than try and unfuck the VA.

edit: a tasks master is a chief of staff function, they are one part program manager, one part scheduler, one part compliance. When poo poo comes down, it goes to tasks. Then tasks...tasks it out.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 19, 2019

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Vasudus posted:

The contract I'm temporarily moving to in late July just emailed me and said they want to discuss bringing me on permanently when I'm done here. I am to be the task master.

Probably going to say yes, I would much rather be THE MASTER OF TASKS for this completely new contract/new office being established than try and unfuck the VA.

Tell them you know a reservist who’s very good at farting and facial recognition who’s available for AD.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Congrats on the new job Vas that’s awesome

plz don’t doxx me

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Vegas has Red Rock Running Company and they're v good for this. Got my Mizunos there and I've pretty much stuck with that brand for years.

Whoa I went there! For the same thing.

I live drat near down the street.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
We started getting running shoes at Roadrunner Sports. They record you running on the treadmill and analyze it and show it to you. And have the step mat for pressure points. I always bought the wrong shoes before going there and never knew it.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Wasabi the J posted:

Whoa I went there! For the same thing.

I live drat near down the street.

Nice. I live near Aliante but I had heard nothing but good things so they're who I went with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Well, someone in my class just passed out giving a presentation. Locked her knees, and just went lights out. I rushed over and made sure she's ok. No one else moved.

What would be more embarrassing though? That scenario or as a color guard? I felt bad as it happened. Especially since she still had more to present.