Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Teenage Fansub posted:

Embed your trailers, bud!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSUq4VfWfjE
I thought Stewart was doing pretty well staying away from blockbusters. Ah well.

Am I out of touch with the youth these days or are the two other Angels not recognizable? Seems odd to market a Charlie's Angels on Stewart.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

feedmyleg posted:

And we saw how much Emmerich respected historical authenticity with Anonymous, Stonewall, The Patriot, and 10,000 BC

I like 10,000 BC for how ridiculous it is. Like, the world would make for a pretty good tabletop campaign, but yeah. Lol.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bogus Adventure posted:

I like 10,000 BC for how ridiculous it is. Like, the world would make for a pretty good tabletop campaign, but yeah. Lol.

I haven't looked it up but I'm pretty sure the movie came about when someone heard the trivia fact that mammoths hadn't gone extinct by the time the pyramids were being built and went "Hey, I bet there's a script in that!"

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I haven't looked it up but I'm pretty sure the movie came about when someone heard the trivia fact that mammoths hadn't gone extinct by the time the pyramids were being built and went "Hey, I bet there's a script in that!"

I would want to play a game where I am part of some group of nomads hunting mammoths and fighting against false gods and their brainwashed legions. Sounds like a pretty good time.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Lobok posted:

Am I out of touch with the youth these days or are the two other Angels not recognizable? Seems odd to market a Charlie's Angels on Stewart.

One is Jasmine from the new Aladdin, and probably got this gig from being in the Power Rangers movie with Elizabeth Banks.
The other, I dunno.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

feedmyleg posted:

Did you love Michael Bay's Pearl Harbor? Well how about the same treatment for Midway from Roland Emmerich?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd8OsSdXEGc

How is it possible that this looks simultaneously expensive and really cheap? I guess it takes some talent to make it look visually shittier to a movie that came out 18 years prior, with the same budget and lesser stars.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Teenage Fansub posted:

One is Jasmine from the new Aladdin, and probably got this gig from being in the Power Rangers movie with Elizabeth Banks.
The other, I dunno.

I just made that connection between Kimberly and Jasmine being played by the same person. Wow.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Teenage Fansub posted:

I thought Stewart was doing pretty well staying away from blockbusters. Ah well.

This looks good! I like the cast. Stewart seems like she's having fun with the role.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This is the first time all three Angels are of different ethnicities too.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

feedmyleg posted:

Did you love Michael Bay's Pearl Harbor? Well how about the same treatment for Midway from Roland Emmerich?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd8OsSdXEGc

gross propaganda poo poo

not trolled not crying posted:

How is it possible that this looks simultaneously expensive and really cheap? I guess it takes some talent to make it look visually shittier to a movie that came out 18 years prior, with the same budget and lesser stars.

Because most of the film is effects work done by 20-25 distinctly exploited studios around the world who don't communicate with each other

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 27, 2019

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Teenage Fansub posted:

Everyone's entitled to one blockbuster and the attending large cheque every so often.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, I was also bummed to see my boy Patrick Wilson slumming it in Midway. But maybe he got a really nice house out of it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah, I was also bummed to see my boy Patrick Wilson slumming it in Midway. But maybe he got a really nice house out of it.

Pat Wilson is probably loaded from the Conjuring movies.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I like Patrick Wilson but he is a dude that slums professionally

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hey gently caress off the Insidious / Annabelle shared cinematic universe rules.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Insidious is its own thing. Annabelle is in the same universe as The Conjuring.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Work's work. You try being in five good movies a year.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I'm not slamming him, he does a lot of good genre work and he always brings that squinty energy. But the idea that taking a paycheck gig in some cheesy war flick is out of step for him is weird

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

that career :barf:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You can do this with most good actors. Actors act, you can't just sit around doing nothing.

Hell you can look a large swaths of Morgan Freeman's resume and see a bunch of garbo.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

kiimo posted:

You can do this with most good actors. Actors act, you can't just sit around doing nothing.

Again, though, not my point.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It owns. Patrick Wilson is awesome and isn’t a snobby piece of poo poo, and always brings his a-game

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Yeah, Patrick Wilson does a really good job of picking things that subvert his sort of bland, leading man good looks. I always like when he pops up in something.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I can't believe this actor has the audacity to find regular work instead of only appearing in arthouse poo poo nobody cares about.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

I can't believe this actor has the audacity to find regular work instead of only appearing in arthouse poo poo nobody cares about.

Everything in moderation.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Keanu Reeves’ greatest role to date.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Nic Cage is the greatest living actor and I shan’t hear otherwise.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Using that as my D&D alignment chart next time I run a game

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This chart loving sucks. Face/Off should be at the loving top of Brilliant, Kick-rear end was way way closer to Rubbish.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

This chart loving sucks. Face/Off should be at the loving top of Brilliant, Kick-rear end was way way closer to Rubbish.

Agreed the chart sucks, just demonstrating a point.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

I won't speak with someone who thinks Vampire's Kiss is rubbish.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
That chart is so drat wrong

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Gonz posted:

I've been watching this movie since 1993 and it was only, like, a year ago (thanks to the power of blu-ray) when I noticed that the hammer Mr. T is carrying is also wearing a milkman uniform.

God bless Freaked.

EDIT: AHAHAHAH that Cage chart putting his Wild at Heart performance in the serious category, fuckoff.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Mandy is so good that is off the charts, that's why you don't see it there.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Well, at least it got Bad Lieutenant right.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

caligulamprey posted:

EDIT: AHAHAHAH that Cage chart putting his Wild at Heart performance in the serious category, fuckoff.

My thoughts exactly

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

I've been watching this movie since 1993 and it was only, like, a year ago (thanks to the power of blu-ray) when I noticed that the hammer Mr. T is carrying is also wearing a milkman uniform.

God bless Freaked.

"12 MILKMEN IS THEORETICALLY POSSIBLE! 13 milkmen? Looks like one milkman too many, Coogan!"

I tell everyone to watch Freaked. It's an absolute joy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Gonz posted:

He's not credited so who's to say if that even is him!