Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
For complex and personal reasons I’ve started watching Love Island and hell, I’m loving it. If anybody wants to turn this thread into a Love Island thread then quote this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

For complex and personal reasons I’ve started watching Love Island and hell, I’m loving it. If anybody wants to turn this thread into a Love Island thread then quote this post.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Is Curtis really gay?
Is Anton really straight?
What’s this new woman going to be like tonight?

I cannot wait to find out.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Curtis is gay.
Anton sucks.
Michael is my favourite I think he’d make me feel safe

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Love how hydrated they all are. Staying juicy on good old H2O. Nice to see that.

I think this new woman is going to turn some heads and blow some minds.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'd rather you didn't.

Incidentally, I've been rewatching old Brooker's Wipes, and Christ, does he cover a lot of stuff that is still somehow as relevant now, as it was in 2006. Love Island included. Somehow, the one thing that's changed for better or worse is youtube, while it's the same old guff on TV with an occasional good show in between.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Was Tommy fingering Molly? Or something more?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

Was Tommy fingering Molly? Or something more?

They were shagging pal

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Another good episode of Taskmaster, and Lou appears to finally have a challenger for the overall title.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Bape Culture posted:

They were shagging pal

I think it was vigorous fingering mate.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Pissflaps posted:

I think it was vigorous fingering mate.

New thread title

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
No Love Island tonight. gently caress it all to hell what’s even the point of Saturday.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
First episode of Tonight with Vladimir Putin aired last night. It's painfully bad, shockingly so.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

ookiimarukochan posted:

First episode of Tonight with Vladimir Putin aired last night. It's painfully bad, shockingly so.

Shockingly? Or as expected?

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

njsykora posted:

It's really something to think of how hard that show was rejected by the public during its first 2 series and now it's become a phenomenon somehow.

I remember when it was Celebrity Love Island and everyone made fun of it because the word celebrity was a wildly generous description. Like it was the guy from Hollyoaks in the 90s and Gazza’s daughter.

It’s Glastonbury week. I know this because every time I turn on a BBC radio station someone is going on about it. Yeah it’s fun and everything and I might watch some of the performances, but the constant boring chatter about it is worse than Car Fest.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I can't stop seeing Brian Cox as a Steve Coogan character :/

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Haven't seen a huge amount of chat about Taskmaster this series, not much to talk about? Haven't really had the mindset to watch it yet, but was hoping to give it a shot soon.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Too busy talking about Love Island tbh mate.

Casa Amor tonight (means ‘love house’) :getin:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I actually got a text from one of my US friends asking if I'd "heard of Love Island?" and I couldn't help but think of your posts here and cracked up.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

Haven't seen a huge amount of chat about Taskmaster this series, not much to talk about? Haven't really had the mindset to watch it yet, but was hoping to give it a shot soon.

Lou Sanders is great, Paul Sinha is weirdly poo poo, dude from the inbetweeners is gormless, ans the dude who narrates love Island is a complete dick and it's fun to see him lose.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I think Tom was a very poor liar. But I think Maura actually is ‘all mout’.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Lou Sanders is great, Paul Sinha is weirdly poo poo, dude from the inbetweeners is gormless, ans the dude who narrates love Island is a complete dick and it's fun to see him lose.

Lou is someone I liked going into it, so this makes me happy.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I think of him as presenting CBBC because I'd switch over before pointless and he'd be there.
He's so unbelievably competitive and I really loving hate it.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

This series of taskmaster gets genuinely good at the halfway point, it just took a long time for things to gel

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Iain is a spitting image of a bloke I know, and has similar mannerisms. Very unsettling, but I still like him for his passionate competitiveness.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I can’t see Stevie lasting long tbh

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Lemon posted:

This series of taskmaster gets genuinely good at the halfway point, it just took a long time for things to gel
I'm pretty sure at this point Lou wants to shack up with Greg. I kind of feel that this series is the opposite of S6; that had some great tasks let down by the studio side where the contestants didn't really mesh, whereas this series is being elevated by the studio stuff. I'm rooting for Joe to win; I enjoy his permanent state of confusion.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Taear posted:

I think of him as presenting CBBC because I'd switch over before pointless and he'd be there.
He's so unbelievably competitive and I really loving hate it.
His continuing on-screen realisation that he's a complete dick is one of the highlight of this season.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Pablo Bluth posted:

I'm pretty sure at this point Lou wants to shack up with Greg. I kind of feel that this series is the opposite of S6; that had some great tasks let down by the studio side where the contestants didn't really mesh, whereas this series is being elevated by the studio stuff. I'm rooting for Joe to win; I enjoy his permanent state of confusion.

S6 was a masterpiece and I can't believe you don't think they gelled!
The only one I've not liked was the David Gorman one, everyone was just too similar.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Has anyone watch the new Top Gear? Where on the good/crime-against-humanity scale does it lie?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
What’s the loving point in Saturdays?

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Pablo Bluth posted:

Has anyone watch the new Top Gear? Where on the good/crime-against-humanity scale does it lie?

First couple of episodes have been good, especially the first one which was a cheap car challenge in Ethiopia. The chemistry between the three presenters seems great and much better than the last few series. Basically Freddie Flintoff and Paddy McGuinness taking the piss out of Chris Harris.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Pissflaps posted:

What’s the loving point in Saturdays?

I've already got nearly 360 minutes a week of Love Island to watch, I don't need to watch the Unseen Bits on top. Or 45 minutes of Aftersun and Yewande pretending she put all the passion into her 12 day relationship, making it bulletproof against a 2 day infatuation.

Tommy shook things up with the love triangles, Sharif did whatever he did to get removed, and Danny failed to nip it in the bud with Yewande. Other than that, I'd say Tom being a lying doofus sets him as the only real bad lad this series. On the flip side, virtually every girl has been annoying or abrasive at various times. Amber's an ill-mannered princess, Anna's a follower (and a blabbermouth along with Jordan,) Amy's a loon, Lucie's a wreck, Molly Mae's full of envy, Yewande is a self-admitted "crazy bitch," and yes, Maura was indeed "all mout." Poor Elma went home essentially for being boring and paired with the perennial nice boy Anton. Arabella hasn't really done anything, but became the villain by default.

The tweet challenge was fairly lame for the ones they picked, probably old ones designed to annoy the stable couples. I sure hope they don't vote Amy and Curtis the ultimate winners, because they're a nice couple and all, just so bloody boring.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Pablo Bluth posted:

Well, she does like older men.

I've enjoyed every single series of Taskmaster, wasn't overly fussed on this series' lineup apart from Lou Sanders and Joe Thomas but it's gotten better with each episode and i'm now rooting for Joe to win as he's got this permanently confused/depressed/disappointed with himself every episode thing going on.

It's tough to watch Paul Sinha being utterly poo poo at almost every task knowing he's been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease, though.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Dell_Zincht posted:

It's tough to watch Paul Sinha being utterly poo poo at almost every task knowing he's been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease, though.

I mean most of it is that he just has absolutely no ideas at all.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

This week's Taskmaster was easily the best of the series, if only for Joe Thomas' high-effort but ineffective ball rolling technique, and Paul being completely bamboozled by suddenly appearing balls.

I love the moments when you see that Joe Thomas is actually pretty clever, but is constantly disoriented. It's like he exists in a constant state of having only just woken up.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I was a big fan of The Office when I was a youngin. David Brent: Life on the Road was on TV last night. I hadn't seen it. I watched it and it was utter poo poo. It was like what The Office Christmas special probably would have been if Gervais had done it alone. It feels like he never understood why people liked The Office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

crispix posted:

I was a big fan of The Office when I was a youngin. David Brent: Life on the Road was on TV last night. I hadn't seen it. I watched it and it was utter poo poo. It was like what The Office Christmas special probably would have been if Gervais had done it alone. It feels like he never understood why people liked The Office.

Yeah over the years it has become increasingly clear that Stephen Merchant was the talent in that pairing, and David Brent being a oval office was less genius comic creation and more Ricky playing himself.