Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan
Seven Deadly Sins got a bit worn out for a bit but this end portion is knocking it out of the park... Well as long as it doesn't go too much longer imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

chefscientist posted:

Seven Deadly Sins got a bit worn out for a bit but this end portion is knocking it out of the park... Well as long as it doesn't go too much longer imo.

I did not expect Base Escanor to be this bad rear end and get brutalized so much.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Man Escanor is incredibly badass! Even without his pride powers.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

Chainsawman's going places.
Lol of course it's not available in my region.

Good job Japan.

Just use the Shounen Jump app!

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Get NordVPN

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Learn Japanese and move to Japan.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He is in Japan.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

He is in Japan.

Nonono, that was step 2.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
chainsawman

"And now a fourth question, my students. Do you prefer Pepsi...OR CHOKE"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Well if you're wanting Japanese takes on Zootopia (which was very, very big in Japan) you're getting a couple right in a row.

https://twitter.com/pkjd8I8/status/1147071717048635392

https://twitter.com/spytrue/status/1147090075316097024?s=21

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Beastars was already a very odd series to read but the current arc has downright been surreal and incredibly frustrating. The latter of those two because Legosi is such a loving idiot it's gone from being endearing to suicidal.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Oxxidation posted:

chainsawman

Man Power and Denji are so great. I love this series

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Denji: ...Wait, I didn't feel anything when that lady I made friends with died, nor did I feel anything when 90% of my colleagues died. Did I give up the part of my soul that was human when I merged with my demon chainsaw dog? Am I a truly a monster inside and out??

*about 2-3 seconds pass*

Denji: Nah

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Brought To You By posted:

Beastars was already a very odd series to read but the current arc has downright been surreal and incredibly frustrating. The latter of those two because Legosi is such a loving idiot it's gone from being endearing to suicidal.

I feel like I should be more annoyed by Beaststars, but I enjoy whatever worldbuilding stuff the author thinks up of that I keep reading to see what else is up.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Whooping Crabs posted:

Man Power and Denji are so great. I love this series

Even just the cover pic of Power brushing her teeth was perfect.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Legosi is mixed race and has complicated feelings about another mixed race character and is unsure of his real place in the world.

It's good instead of bad. The absolute rejection his mom went through of her mixed race status is a super relatable feeling that you see crop up all the time in real people who are mixed race too.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Legosi is mixed race and has complicated feelings about another mixed race character and is unsure of his real place in the world.

It's good instead of bad. The absolute rejection his mom went through of her mixed race status is a super relatable feeling that you see crop up all the time in real people who are mixed race too.

I was referring to when he ripped out all his teeth because Batman wanted to put him through a test of courage because Legosi's grandfather used to be his side-man in their crime fighting days. All so Legosi could feel justified about hitting him back. But yeah the recent chapter of him helping a crime lord because he felt sympathy resulting in him getting shot for his troubles didn't endear me to Legosi's decision making process. This is the same kid who rather than calling the cops on his classmate who ate his other classmate and was categorically stronger than Legosi, chose to fight him in an underpass and is now hallucinating about Louis because Legosi had to eat his leg to get a powerup.
I agree that this story actually doesn't shy away from it's message about racial tensions.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oxxidation posted:

chainsawman

Denji and Power are my trashy children and I love them both

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

that loving last panel in chainsawman oh my god

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Legosi being intrigued and charmed by a charismatic and dangerous actor who also shares his mixed race heritage and is the first major character to engage him in conversation about it is cool and understandable.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Denji and Power are my trashy children and I love them both

I think you mean our children. :colbert:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

These idiots have good taste. I love how much Power is into Jojo.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mulderman posted:

These idiots have good taste. I love how much Power is into Jojo.

Thats corocoro comics, theyre reading doraemon.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea you can see him on the cover too

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

That's even better.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
New SpyxFamily

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1003212

Dexo fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 8, 2019

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
any day with new spy x family is a good day

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

The art felt a little off. But it was a really large bonus chapter and it had all the good bits otherwise.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Anya is really making a play for cutest frickin anime kid ever

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
lloyd is a very good anime dad

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

New juju up on mangaplus

Young Satoru is.....

A bit of a brat

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It’s weird how nonchalant they are about sacrificing a human for their immortal leader, even if it’ll save more lives in the end.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

New juju up on mangaplus

Young Satoru is.....

A bit of a brat

I have no idea whats happening. Like i know what is happening, but this was so abrupt and now theres this chapter...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

jujutsu kaisen is worse at transitions than anything I've ever seen

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Gege comes off as a ridiculously blunt person if you read her author comments.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

i flunked out posted:

I have no idea whats happening. Like i know what is happening, but this was so abrupt and now theres this chapter...

You didn't smoothly follow the jump between introducing a romantic interest to fighting the New World Order?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

You didn't smoothly follow the jump between introducing a romantic interest to fighting the New World Order?

Juju Editor: Uhhh Gege you should slow down things a bit have a little interstitial arc. Shits getting a little heavy.
Gege: Alright

*days later*

Gege: Done.
Ed: Oh nice

*more days later*

Ed: What gege were back in the poo poo
gege: yes
ed: what happened to downtime
gege: no

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
why doesn't it just have obvious flash back backgrounds or whatever like lkiterally every other jump series lol

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

https://readms.net/r/csm/30/6043/1

Looks like the young ones got a taste of the big leagues
Oh me oh my this will not go well for the kiddos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

denji and power are so good