Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Found this old Irish death crust band that I’m liking a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7GUeyxeFLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpccxyGneK0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Evidently at least one person feels Behemoth is so good, you'll suck a dick

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019...rM795gJV1WIKEjU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
that or she offered to suck his dick in order to leave early.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Spanish Manlove posted:

that or she offered to suck his dick in order to leave early.

it's this

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Trip report: Metal Threat Fest 2019

I got stuck in traffic so unfortunately I missed the first 10 minutes of Cruciamentum, who are probably my favorite band on the bill, but they loving crushed it. They are exactly as heavy and twisting live as on record and they brought out a guest vocalist for Convocation of Crawling Chaos.

Skipped Necrovation to get some Szechuan food and then came back and saw Mortuary, who I had actually never heard of. I thought I was '90s DM expert but this Mexican death/thrash band from that era was totally off my radar. They played their entire debut in full and it was super raw. Always fun to see Latin American bands because they bring out Latinx fans who always seem to be having more fun than the rest of the crowd. There was a bowling ball shaped man wearing sunglasses and studded vest wrecking poo poo in the pit.

There was an hour in between sets at the Rock Club and you needed a separate ticket to go inside the other venue, but since it was warm out they kept the building open so I was able to sit outside and listen to Deceased. I'm really only familiar with Fearless Undead Machines (they played at least one song off of it) but it was a fun set. King Fowley seems like a cool dude.

Convulse played their classic World Without God in full and that tone is still absolutely monstrous almost 30 years later. I got knocked on my rear end trying to escape the pit.

I was really tired by the time The Chasm came on at midnight but they were super energetic and Daniel Corchado made sure everyone stayed awake. I realized going in that I've really only listened to two Chasm albums despite their sizable discography but the unfamiliar stuff was as good as the material from Deathcult for Eternity. They had some technical difficulties leading them to abandon one guitar and cut the set slightly short (it was still like an hour). I bought a dope shirt.

Overall a good use of like $45. I'm not going tonight because the only band that really jumps out at me is Dead Congregation.

P.S. the new Immortal Bird is great.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jul 7, 2019

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Aren't The Ruins of Beverast playing that tonight too? They're worth seeing for sure. I missed them and Dead Congregation the other day in NY due to being too hungover from 4th of July partying.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Varg posted:

Aren't The Ruins of Beverast playing that tonight too? They're worth seeing for sure. I missed them and Dead Congregation the other day in NY due to being too hungover from 4th of July partying.

Yeah I'm just not really a fan.

Ambious
Sep 29, 2016

Hail Hoots!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr-7M0MejSU

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Ambious posted:

Making fun of the genre of Power Metal while at the same time being better than most actual Power Metal bands.

Also they used to be just Nanowar but added "of Steel" when Rhapsody became "Rhapsody of Fire". Of course everything's better when it's "of" something.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Nergal approves

which is, imo, an extremely Nergal reaction

also, Behemoth fuckin owns don't @ me

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I listened to Demigod this week and it holds up. Saw em live a decade ago and their commitment to theatrics is cool and good

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The crown rules

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Found a bunch of goodies record shopping in LA. Decent shape copies of Restless and Wild and To Hell with the Devil, found 2 Judas Iscariot albums that Blake Judd never sent me unopened at Amoeba so I grabbed them as well as a Kult Ofenzivy record so I only need 1 more by them. Hit up the Sadistic Intent boys' shop, unfortunately it was at a time their inventory was pretty low and all the vinyl was hilariously expensive so I just blind bought a couple of the coldest looking CDs I could find and a few patches.
Then I came back home to the new Sankara and Serial Pisser split in the mail, so all in all a great weekend.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

I got stuck in traffic so unfortunately I missed the first 10 minutes of Cruciamentum, who are probably my favorite band on the bill, but they loving crushed it. They are exactly as heavy and twisting live as on record and they brought out a guest vocalist for Convocation of Crawling Chaos.

Skipped Necrovation to get some Szechuan food and then came back and saw Mortuary, who I had actually never heard of. I thought I was '90s DM expert but this Mexican death/thrash band from that era was totally off my radar. They played their entire debut in full and it was super raw. Always fun to see Latin American bands because they bring out Latinx fans who always seem to be having more fun than the rest of the crowd. There was a bowling ball shaped man wearing sunglasses and studded vest wrecking poo poo in the pit.

There was an hour in between sets at the Rock Club and you needed a separate ticket to go inside the other venue, but since it was warm out they kept the building open so I was able to sit outside and listen to Deceased. I'm really only familiar with Fearless Undead Machines (they played at least one song off of it) but it was a fun set. King Fowley seems like a cool dude.

Convulse played their classic World Without God in full and that tone is still absolutely monstrous almost 30 years later. I got knocked on my rear end trying to escape the pit.

I was really tired by the time The Chasm came on at midnight but they were super energetic and Daniel Corchado made sure everyone stayed awake. I realized going in that I've really only listened to two Chasm albums despite their sizable discography but the unfamiliar stuff was as good as the material from Deathcult for Eternity. They had some technical difficulties leading them to abandon one guitar and cut the set slightly short (it was still like an hour). I bought a dope shirt.

Overall a good use of like $45. I'm not going tonight because the only band that really jumps out at me is Dead Congregation.

all the chasm material is great and you should go out and listen to the rest of their discography immediately

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Nergal is an extremely pro insta follow as well

his latest post appears to be a short clip of him wiggling his feet and talking like Donald Duck

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

All I know about Nergal's outside life is that he has "opinions" about black soccer players.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Dimebags Brain posted:

All I know about Nergal's outside life is that he has "opinions" about black soccer players.

he cracked a joke about the Polish not being suited to playing soccer that somehow got interpreted as dumb racist poo poo

I've met him, I've seen a ton of interviews with him, he likes to stir poo poo up and be controversial but he's not a Nazi

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bertrand Hustle posted:

he cracked a joke about the Polish not being suited to playing soccer that somehow got interpreted as dumb racist poo poo

I've met him, I've seen a ton of interviews with him, he likes to stir poo poo up and be controversial but he's not a Nazi

You should reread the thing he posted about the soccer match with the picture provided.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
Anyone catch Allegaeon’s tour kickoff in Denver this weekend? I’ve got tickets to the Dallas show and I’m really hoping to hear some stuff from the first two albums.

Also loving stoked for Exmortus opening :black101:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Weaponized Cum posted:

I listened to Demigod this week and it holds up. Saw em live a decade ago and their commitment to theatrics is cool and good

This is why I like Behemoth. 100% commitment to the entire package and it’s great. Nergal is extra as gently caress and sometimes metal musicians don’t have the confidence to embrace that.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ohhh boy go look at the Vektor fb page

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

It's a loving shitshow.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
He's dead now, heh

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I still believe he'll be fine. Divorced, but perfectly fine

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Yeah I was there. What a weird time to be alive.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Kilometers Davis posted:

Ohhh boy go look at the Vektor fb page

I saw "People suck. Goodbye" and laughed. Must have been a total dumbass rant he went on.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Not really.

It was sort of a vague thing, mostly. Probably because it's not a good idea to get into specifics about an ongoing case.

I've seen previous claims that his wife was the reason why the band broke up, so I'm not gonna pass any sort of judgment based on a ~15 second video, except that it does look bad.

His acting out could also be a reaction from an abused and broken person.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

*I bow my head solemnly*
Yes.. Terminal Redux is the work of a pained and abused artist, who among us hasn't been filmed abusing their wife, because we are in fact the abused

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Abusers are often people who were abused themselves, but this is not a situation to play the Both Sides game on.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I bought a Vektor shirt off bandcamp and it came in the day before that abuse story broke. I don't think I'm ever going to wear it

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

People believe her, which they should.

I recognize a few things about how he's acting, that I've seen in people I know that have been abused themselves, is what I'm saying. As in, while they were in the abusive relationship.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jul 8, 2019

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

BLOW MY TRVMPET, GABRIELLE

Both times I saw Behemoth there was a guy kneeling in very center of the pit with hands raised screaming his lungs out to O Father O Satan O Sun! and it was kind of impressive that nobody interrupted him.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Good day it is now Riffs O'Clock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl0FlmgcT1s

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo. Pre-ordered. :rock:

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Henchman of Santa posted:

I really wish that I could have gone to Metal Threat but I had some obligations this whole weekend. Frankly I would have paid $45 for Dead Congregation alone considering how passionate and hard they loving rip.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I'm a year behind the times and apparently Fenriz got here first so this is almost certainly old news, but if you like Sacrilege and/or Bolt Thrower, click this 'tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBR7j4n5uQU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Also click this one for the same reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb_aDPLKbLY

Some days you really gotta hand it to the youtube algorithm

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Man, tough week for metal people

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019...0dH0DX_c_OiRtrw

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Anyone post this Infernal Conjuration yet? Mexican death metal that surely rips https://infernalconjuration.bandcamp.com/album/infernale-metallum-mortis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Wark Say posted:

Holy poo poo. Pre-ordered. :rock:

I listened to their previous album on Spotify and it is also good poo poo, though if this song is anything to judge by the next one ought to be an improvement.