Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Posting to confirm I am a shameful goon who loves bad mmos and I would like an invite to goon guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hit button posted:

Posting to confirm I am a shameful goon who loves bad mmos and I would like an invite to goon guild.

I need an invite still too. There's no goons on the Discord? Everyone was yelling at one another in spanish.

[edit]
Also, may I please have a solo PvE build with swords? Everything I am finding online is over 2 years old.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 24, 2019

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

I went through so much heavy fuckery trying to get a radar and poo poo working, when the original zoomhack still works completely fine as long as you just use an obfuscated cheat engine.

You can still straight up just increase your movespeed to 1.2x during sprint effects to catch people consistently. I'm solo catching people on direwolves all day.

Again -- most of us have been playing for 2+ years and have never seen poo poo like this. Anyone with half a brain who has been playing a while would notice this poo poo right away and it's never been reported/captured on video.

I said come in! posted:

I need an invite still too. There's no goons on the Discord? Everyone was yelling at one another in spanish.

[edit]
Also, may I please have a solo PvE build with swords? Everything I am finding online is over 2 years old.

YOu need to be added to the guild and authd before you can see all the channels with non PT speakers.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

FormerFatty posted:

Again -- most of us have been playing for 2+ years and have never seen poo poo like this. Anyone with half a brain who has been playing a while would notice this poo poo right away and it's never been reported/captured on video.

ignorance is bliss

also, how are you gonna know when people do this? I've been (and my entire group) have been extensively using it and no one even calls us out on it at all

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

I said come in! posted:

[edit]

If youre gonna do solo PVE you might wanna try a mercenary jacket for life steal... your best bet is to not solo PVE but to join a PVE group as the ff rate will be 10-20x faster. That being said, the next patch on July 10th will introduce improved solo dungeons with higher loot/ff designed to allow for better solo PVE content.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

I said come in! posted:

[edit]

Not gonna lie, spit my drink out picturing wade yelling in spanish during the zvzs last night when this dude randomly comes into a channel.

Gluttony saw the light and moved everyone to discord, so its all unified and there are something like 1k people in there. So you have some french, spanish, russian, and of course english being thrown around. Like glut said, register and then you can see the channels. Also use /g and /a if needed to find groups. Also don't be afraid to check the Fame farm (ff) channels and just ask people and tell them your new.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

ignorance is bliss

also, how are you gonna know when people do this? I've been (and my entire group) have been extensively using it and no one even calls us out on it at all

You can only see the same data available to any client. What I mean by that is the same name tags that show on the edge of screens is basically the render range for the server sending the client data about a players position. There are no times I can find in the game where I can see a player (server sent me data) in which the name tags are not on my screen. Some of the dungeons including gold chest areas on undead reverse pathing setup allow you to see offscreen a huge distance. To my knowledge even in those cases you see the players tags on the screen or simply nothing when you leave that range. Making "radars" already given to you by the game itself for the most part in the way of off screen tags to combat this. Using one of the ultrawide monitors (21:9 or more) like I have at work will simply not show you players. The picture you have is just a client side camera hack which gives you a 21:9 picture at most. Again I'm open to eat my words if you can prove different.

There was a discussion specifically in the round table about the hacking that vendetta used to do. They had a zone wide radar, which is why later the client data was turned down significantly and the tags were also added to the screen (for a different reason) but also locking in the same range. Though they might have changed this over time, you yourself complained about how off screen name tags ruined the game. If you really had a working radar it wouldn't matter about name tags at all because any decent ganking group would just catch them ahead of where they were going.

The speed hack is a thing (every game engine ever made with netcode), but doesn't work over super long distances as the server will check your position and fix it after a specific distance "determined by travel or time" not sure their exact metric. Turn up the speed to 2x and run across at least 2 different zones and video it just obscuring your character with all others visible so we can see it's not some local game server.

Prove me wrong..

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Dont bother Forge. Hes just a troll who is fixated on people not having fun in the game.

Raioner fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jun 24, 2019

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Raioner posted:

Dont bother Forge. Hes just a troll who is fixated on people not having fun in the game.

Meanwhile the goons that actually do play continue to generate tears like this at a rapid pace:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
That could easily pass for ARCH alliance chat.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

forge posted:

You can only see the same data available to any client
your entire paragraph isn't stating anything I don't know. the entire baka group currently and effectively in the past used and abused the zoom hacks. there is a radar program made by "AlbionHelper" that works like mine but was fixed* ~3-4 months ago.
*stopped being updated by the programmer

forge posted:

They had a zone wide radar,
not since beta 1, there has always been a render range since any zoom hack was posted about online, and i'm pretty sure it always existed, since early on it was impossible to find high tier nodes

forge posted:

The speed hack is a thing (every game engine ever made with netcode), but doesn't work over super long distances as the server will check your position and fix it after a specific distance "determined by travel or time" not sure their exact metric. Turn up the speed to 2x and run across at least 2 different zones and video it just obscuring your character with all others visible so we can see it's not some local game server.
ya i mean you can easily speed hack across the entire map undetected, they only look at manual reports
besides, you can only do it during important times (initial catch) and be p much invincible.

forge posted:

Prove me wrong..
one google search
:pranke: DO NOT ACTUALLY BUY THE HACK IT'S A SCAM/VIRUS :pranke:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTCdsBopedA
:pranke: DO NOT ACTUALLY BUY THE HACK IT'S A SCAM/VIRUS :pranke:
this video CLEARLY shows player models rendering before the tag appears, as is currently, and has always been the case

Raioner posted:

lots of people, including myself and others have hella fun in this game, but only because the majority of players aren't abusing huge easy exploits yet.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
That dude doesn't have poo poo turned on in the UI of your video. If he did you would see the UI elements on the screen when they got closer because the coding doesn't know your view box is zoomed out.

That poo poo is useless.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

forge posted:

That dude doesn't have poo poo turned on in the UI of your video. If he did you would see the UI elements on the screen when they got closer because the coding doesn't know your view box is zoomed out.

That poo poo is useless.

what are you even talking about

all that I intended to show from that video is that player models render before the player name shows up, to show that your post was made out of ignorance and stupidity

Ritalin Fit
Jul 26, 2002

You smell nice...
WTB invite, IGN: Hulseyism

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Do we have much presence in Martlock? I’m based out of there and have an island with six T5 houses and don’t really wanna move it if I don’t have to. All of the people I know that started with me at F2P have given up so I may as well join the goons!

Edit: in game name is Skeetskie

Goo P-Nut Sack fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jun 27, 2019

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Bumpin for Gluttony.

Eapzy
Oct 5, 2002
Confirming I'm a goon who's lookin to join.

ig name: SirPlopDoogen
discord name: pandum

thankee

Cib0
Jul 21, 2018
Hello,

GooN member here who wants a guild invitation.

IG name: cib0
Discord name: cibo

Thanks

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Eapzy posted:

Confirming I'm a goon who's lookin to join.

ig name: SirPlopDoogen
discord name: pandum

thankee

got you -- just make sure you do !register SirPlogDoogen now in discord ;)

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
throwback:

don't question the devs :v:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

throwback:

don't question the devs :v:

ah yes, the 'ban everyone from the subreddit for toxicity' developers

Matty
Oct 29, 2010
i'm gay :tutbutt:

also we're still out here cashing checks and breaking necks

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Matty posted:

i'm gay :tutbutt:

also we're still out here cashing checks and breaking necks

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
Just fired up this odd looking game yesterday. Is there a recommended path to go for? Looking at that spider web of wtf, I have no real clue on what is a viable path. Do you guys have any pointers or point me in the right direction where I can find relevant up to date information on what are some good starting steps to take?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

you can google "albion online pvp builds" and you'll get good up-to-date answers

if you're incapable of google, you can go for the classic "double bladed staff" builds

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

ragedx posted:

Just fired up this odd looking game yesterday. Is there a recommended path to go for? Looking at that spider web of wtf, I have no real clue on what is a viable path. Do you guys have any pointers or point me in the right direction where I can find relevant up to date information on what are some good starting steps to take?

fire staff

been the broken way to win since before release.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

If you're planning on getting into any ZvZ stuff the best way to learn is to play healer.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Raioner posted:

If you're planning on getting into any ZvZ stuff the best way to learn is to play healer.

do not listen to this man, healing is the beta role in every single game ever

be a strong independent mgtow and pick up a pair of claws or double bladed staff

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

do not listen to this man, healing is the beta role in every single game ever

be a strong independent mgtow and pick up a pair of claws or double bladed staff

IDK classic wow shadow priest should be pretty fun just troll healing your way through any gank and auto winning 1v1 with basically anyone except shaman or pally (or geared out warrior)

too bad the game is 100% pointless pvp for bitch idiots

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

soy posted:

shadow priest

i said healer, not baller

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

soy posted:

IDK classic wow shadow priest should be pretty fun just troll healing your way through any gank and auto winning 1v1 with basically anyone except shaman or pally (or geared out warrior)

too bad the game is 100% pointless pvp for bitch idiots

this guy gets it. get flayed bitches

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Raioner posted:

Agreed -- it allows you sit in the back away from being instagibbed and see the movement/positioning of ZVZ. Playing as a healer, even with low/no spec, allows you to contribute immediatlely whereas low spec DPS/Tanks are pretty much worthless.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

playing a healer is for hillary voting cucks

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

New patch today btw.. https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/115529-10-July-2019-Percival-Update/

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water

Seeing stuff like this really gets me to want to level quick.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ragedx posted:

Seeing stuff like this really gets me to want to level quick.

leveling takes 30 minutes then you can start pvping

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
Leveling to PVP ready status literally takes less time than the tutorial.

EcoBlue
Jan 1, 2008
Posting to confirm:
ig: EcoBlue
Discord: EcoBlue
Thank you

Arson
Dec 9, 2003

SPF 45 a day keeps the oncologist away.
Ingame: Dervid
Discord: Arson

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm gonna try this game, but is it a good pick if you just want to go solo and kill mans?