Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for calling my Dad the 'N-word' and asking him to call me it back?

I have a white Dad and black Mom, Me being their lightskin son. I am 16 and love reading alot of stories here, I never had a potential rear end in a top hat experience (LOL) until a few days ago.

My Mom was gone shopping and it was just Me and my Dad, when I saw I jokingly said 'What's up my N*gga?' he just gave me a 'Ha!' and told me not to call him that. I asked him to give it back and that he has the n-word pass but he wouldn't say it, he never said the word and never wanted to say it, I told him that there was no way he never said that word in all his years, he just laughed and said he was telling mum.

When my Mom got back from shopping, he told her and she wasn't happy with me but she still found the comedy in the situation at imagining my Dad saying it back. But they were still upset with me for saying that word and grounded me for the week which I admit, I probably deserved that and it has me thinking, was what I did an rear end in a top hat move?
:unsmith:

i love the ones that are just good-hearted young people learning an important lesson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA if I told a woman her boyfriend got head from me at a wedding?

Went to good friends wedding this weekend. Groom's cousin was there, and he seemed fun, we danced and chatted a bit. After the party, I was on my way to bed, he asks if he can come into my room. He could, we make out for a bit, and I give him a blowjob (no condoms = no PIV). We agree not to tell anyone, as I don't think it was the best idea, but w/e, and he leaves. He knocks a few minutes later, and makes sure that I won't tell anyone, since he's got a girlfriend in home town (no partners invited to wedding, FYI). I get angry, and he seems to feel slightly guilty, but promise not to tell anyone, nor her.

​However, I feel like this girl deserves to know. So, WIBTA for give her the information?

what a cocksucker!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vim Fuego posted:

what a cocksucker!

Sorry, you need to use at least 180 characters to leave a review

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:lol: at a society where kids are "grounded" for any reason. Why not just put them in jail while you're at it? "Depriving this child of normal social interactions for any given period is good because they can sit at the computer* instead, chat with people on on-line forums, and become spree killers!"

*) Yeah yeah an Itunes or whatever; I'm old.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

:lol: at a society where kids are "grounded" for any reason. Why not just put them in jail while you're at it? "Depriving this child of normal social interactions for any given period is good because they can sit at the computer* instead, chat with people on on-line forums, and become spree killers!"

Lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I just remembered it's perfectly legal in the US to beat your kids up.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Jerry Cotton posted:

Not everywhere, but yeah. :911:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Jerry Cotton posted:

lovely parents will just wail on them with whatever’s around, it’s the good ones that let the kid pick what weapon they’ll be fighting with.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
AITA for demanding my money back and calling the police?

quote:

Two days ago there was an art festival that I attended with my girlfriend and two of her friends. Artists had their different creations for display and some were for sale. I'm all for supporting local artistry so I bought two coasters from an artist. The coasters were four inch by four inch ceramic pieces with neat little drawings. Each one was fifteen bucks, which is a little steep, but whatever.

I'm a little bummed I lost out on thirty bucks but the rest of the festival was pretty fun. We walked around for an hour or so checking everything out. We stopped by a counter real quick to grab drinks and I placed the coasters down on the counter. I bought my drink and between putting my wallet back into my pocket, I knocked over the coasters and those piece of shits shattered into a million pieces. Thirty freaking bucks and these things can't take the simplest fall, how would they even hold up for regular use??? I got angry and told my girlfriend I'd meet back with her in a moment as I was going to go and return the salvageable coaster pieces and get my money back. She asks me not to and tells me she'll just give me thirty bucks to cover it but no thanks. It's bot just about the money it's about the principal these things wouldn't have held up at all at home. She pleads with me and I tell her to just relax but she follows me anyways. I try to warn her to back off and she wont and we're beginning to cause a seen because she wont leave me alone.

We finally get to the artist and I demand my money back and give him the pieces I could recover. He loving chuckles at me and says no and basically tells me to gently caress off. I throw one of the pieces at his foot so he can see his shanty coasters are crap. He tells me to leave, but not without my thirty. I end up calling the police because it's basically fraud. He knowingly sold me something defective. The cops asked if he could just give me my money and be done with it - which he did, because he knows he was in the wrong. My girlfriend has barely texted me these last couple days and I suspect it's because of this but I genuinely can't understand how I'm in the wrong here. AITA?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

This guy is a huge moron and yes YTA.

Ceramic breaks when dropped on the ground? Why I never!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

2.5 MegaKarens detected

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MarcusSA posted:

This guy is a huge moron and yes YTA.

Ceramic breaks when dropped on the ground? Why I never!

And also gently caress those cops for not arresting the fucker for wasting police time.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

teen witch posted:

2.5 MegaKarens detected

not great, not terrible

Barudak
May 7, 2007

tactlessbastard posted:

not great, not terrible

<man in control room who directly looked at the ceramics now has a blond bob haircut>

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

<man in control room who directly looked at the ceramics now has a blond bob haircut>

i love thread synergy

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

That's a pretty stupid opinion

Grounding doesn't really preclude social interaction it's just a temporary limitation on autonomy to enforce the notion that they did something wrong. Like, can you imagine a kid getting grounded from the computer? Wow!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm sure the recidivism rate for kids who get grounded once is real low because it works!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

AITA for telling my mom to give me money when she wants me to leave.

quote:

So I’m 17 and when my mom wants guys over, I either have to stay in my room or leave for a period of time. To be honest I hate that she always brings guys here(to gently caress, I’m not stupid) and because I don’t know them at all and I don’t even know what they look like, as a girl, that’s uncomfortable. I’ve asked why she doesn’t go out with them or go to their place but she only brings them here. Since it’s her Planck she can do whatever and my opinion doesn’t matter.

Anyways, to the point. I drive and whenever she wants me to leave I tell her I can be gone longer if i have money. I work weekends and make about 90-100 a week. However I try to save and to do stuff, you need money nowadays. I usually go shopping and browse to keep my self busy. The last time I went out, she gave me a $100 gift card. I only used half to get myself a new case and a jacket. I spent $100 of my own money in a store because I knew I could afford it and didn’t want to give my mom an empty gift card(tried being considerate).

I know it’s pretty lovely but since she’s the one who wants me gone, I feel like it’s okay to ask her for extra cash to keep me gone. I have no problem staying home at all, just hate being stuck in my room(my dog sometimes has to be walked and gets hungry) . We live in an apartment so if I leave my room, I’ll come in contact with them.

AITA?

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
My (20F) boyfriend (21M) wouldn’t pay for my meal when I forgot my wallet

quote:

Basically the title.

Usually on dates, we split the bill. I don’t really care like in the past, I’ve paid for the full bill and my ex would pay for the bill other times. Like we’d go back and forth.

My current boyfriend wants us to each pay for what we ordered. From the first date, he said that’s how he likes to do things. I was fine with it, I didn’t really care if he wouldn’t pay for me. Paying on a date is sweet to me and I like it but I have my own job so it’s whatever. I figured maybe he doesn’t have a ton of money and he can only cover his own bill.

Anyway I didn’t really have any problem with it. But we went out to some random spot. Like a local chipotle, it tastes way better though. So he went down the line and he got his own meal. I ordered mine and then when I went into my bag, I realized I forgot my wallet at my house. I told him that I forgot it by accident and I thought he’d offer to pay and id pay him back but he was like “oh that sucks...” and sat down to eat.

I was just like what the gently caress..? This guy standing behind me in the line paid for my food and I paid him back through cashapp. After we ate, I lied and said my mom needed me to come home for something and our date was cut short since we were supposed to go shopping in the city.

How messed up is that? Like why is he so cheap. A random stranger paid for me and he wouldn’t

When a literal stranger gives more of a poo poo about you then your boyfriend.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My girlfriend [26F] and I[28M] got into an argument about how I overcooked her egg yolk LOL

quote:

As ridiculous as it seems, we got into an argument about how I cooked her egg yolk wrong, but to me it's much deeper that the yolk.

She was hungry so was I. She suggested we eat some eggs, and I replied, sure I'll cook them for both of us. I was about to crack the egg into the pan when she comes up and told me if she could cook her own egg. I was like nah, I can cook our eggs for both of us because I just wanted to be a good bf and cook for my lady, so she backs off and while she walks away she tells me, I don't want them scrambled, but sunny side up and the make the edges extra extra crispy the way I like it.

Comes eating time. It's all plated, still hot and I thought it was going to be a great time eating eggs, until she takes a stab at the egg yolk and tells me, it's hard.. I look at her and I'm like nah it's still soft on the inside like hard boil style. She begins eating, and I can see the disappointment in her face. She keeps nagging at me about how it's not soft, and I overcooked it, but in my head she wanted the edges extra extra crispy so of course the yolk will be somewhat hard. BTW It's hard AF to cook an egg sunny side up with extra extra crispy edges. She keeps nagging and showing me the hard yolk, and at this point I'm just annoyed at her so I finish up my food without saying anything and walk away from the dining table.

In my head, I just wanted to cook my lady some eggs and have a nice little snack, but I get this naggy disappointed reaction from her. Yeah.. I overcooked her eggs, but isn't the act of doing something for someone you love more important than a little egg yolk mistake?

My argument about this whole ordeal was that her reaction was everything, but she responded in a very negative manner and her eggspecation fell short. Her argument was that she wanted to cook her own eggs the way she wanted, and why I couldn't own up to my failure/her expectation when she gave me her naggy comments. Knowing her well, even if I apologized she would had still nagged me about it so there isn't any compromise.

I'm completely at loss for words at this moment lol.

TL;DR

I overcooked and egg yolk and my gf got mad at me. I ate my eggs, while she nagged at me for her yolk being overcooked all while trying not to react. Arguments that came up was, I wanted to cook eggs, but her expectation about my egg cooking made her own self suffer. Her argument was next time she wants to cook her egg she cooks, and I should own up to my poo poo. But its a goddamn egg yolk for gently caress sakes LOL!!

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

My girlfriend [26F] and I[28M] got into an argument about how I overcooked her egg yolk LOL

you're an rear end in a top hat for using 'plated'

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

tactlessbastard posted:

you're an rear end in a top hat for using 'plated'

/r/relationships: I thought it was going to be a great time eating eggs, until

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Man I don't consider myself a prize-pig for my SO or anything but I literally wouldn't be able to look her in the face if I pulled any of the poo poo in the past couple pages.

Like actual, full-on 'don't look at me' shame would fill my soul if i choked out the words 'its a goddamn egg yolk for gently caress sakes LOL!!'

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
The real secret is that none of the morons of the last few pages have enough self awareness to feel shame. Also LOL at dude nuking his relationship over a $10 loan.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I kept my stepdaughter’s true source of income a secret for years. Now that her father found out, he wants to divorce me for not telling him.

quote:

Excuse the throwaway, I want this kept as anonymous as possible as I know my stepson peruses Reddit.

My husband (57m) had a daughter (27f) and a son (16m) before we got together. She was 16 when we started dating, and I was 27, the same age as her now. We bonded instantly and have been really close since, I’ve never tried to be her mom, but I’m still somewhere between a parent and an older sister to her.

When my stepdaughter, let’s call her Annie, was 19, she admitted to me that she started seeing a “sugar daddy” after I questioned a lot of expensive new belongings and money she had suddenly acquired, small things her father wouldn’t have noticed, but significant enough that I definitely did. I noticed this because she lived with us until just after she turned 23, which will become relevant later.

I initially was very disappointed in her and admittedly made a scene, but after talking to her some more, I realized she’s no longer a child and I do not control her, and I have no right to expose her to her father. I felt comfortable knowing she was living at home so I’d be able to keep an eye on her, and I trusted when she told me she was being responsible and safe about all of this, she’s always been a smart kid. The finer details of her arrangements have always been on a don’t ask don’t tell policy.

Annie has been doing this since, and it greatly helped her through college. She even met enough connections through “sugaring” that she was able to get a really amazing job that she’s excelled at for almost 5 years now. She even moved out to a beautiful place of her own. Even when she’s gotten into situations, I’m glad I accepted her choices and kept her secret, because she’s trusted me enough to confide in me and let me help her. I truly believe that while I may not agree with her choices, they have brought her so many great opportunities and she used this all to her best advantage. I’m proud of her. It’s never caused any big problems, and though I’ve encouraged her to, I have to respect that she doesn’t want her father to know.

About a month ago, my husband found out. One of Annie’s, let’s say friends, picked her up from the house when she visited, her father questioned it, and one thing led to another. He was initially very, very upset. My husband isn’t the angry type at all, but he made it clear just how disappointed in Annie he was for lying. This caused him to be cold towards the whole family for a while, it weighed on him a lot and he needed a lot of space for a while.

After a while, he decided to focus all of his frustration on me. He claims it is a massive betrayal that I kept this secret for so long. I’d like to be clear that I never felt comfortable hiding anything from my husband, I’m a horrible liar and am loyal to a fault, but that loyalty also extends to Annie, and I wouldn’t betray her like that. My argument is that she’s an adult, I had no right to make the decision to tell him. His is that she’s his daughter, and that we both had a responsibility to take care of her because she lived at home at the time, and that I failed her by allowing her to do something “dangerous and irresponsible”, as well as failing him by not informing him of what his own daughter was doing. He feels as if I undermined him. He’s even gone so far as to say he doesn’t trust me to be a good mother to our 7 year old daughter.

Annie has been adult throughout all of this, her living at home means nothing in my opinion. I think my husband is just trying to place his squeamishness over everything, and its turning into hostility. In the month this has been happening, nothing has improved. He gets angrier by the day, and refuses to budge even a little bit. Last night, he reached his breaking point, saying he can’t trust me ever again, and that the last month he’s been struggling with it but doesn’t see a way our marriage can continue to work if he can’t move past this, and he says he doesn’t think he can. Between me being unapologetic and Annie continuing with what should be her own business, he says he feels alone, unheard, and betrayed. He slept at his brothers last night, and sent his brother to pick up some necessities for him today.

I am heartbroken. I don’t think my adult stepdaughters choices should affect my marriage, we have had very few issues before this, and no major ones at all. I am terrified of losing everything, but I still feel I did the right thing. I’m just not sure at all what to even say to him anymore that won’t upset him further. How can I navigate this mess?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dudes living in a glass castle and planning to install a trebuchet for more efficient stone throwing

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

nankeen posted:

:unsmith:

i love the ones that are just good-hearted young people learning an important lesson

yea it is nice to break up the "I [18 F] feel like it was rude that my [38 M] boyfriend of three years threw my dog into a wall when I made him stop gaming, AITA?" with just some nice simple 'hey I was a dumb kid, no one's really hurt or angry though, just curious if I was being a dick'.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

God, gently caress coaster returner guy

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
As we all know, ceramic is meant to bounce.

He couldn't even be bothered to claim that someone else knocked them over, he admitted he did it himself.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Mordiceius posted:

quote:

YTA

Do you also go to restaurants, order expensive bison steak and then refuse to pay the bill after you eat it because there wasn't enough of it and you think it was false advertising? Because if there are two of you guys running around out there, I'm concerned.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Incredible crossover event.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I'm just baffled the police asked the seller to reimburse an idiot who dropped a fragile purchase on the ground.

I wonder if that is not made up just to support his dumb view that the seller was trying to scam him.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The cops never shoot the people nine times in the back who deserve it

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I'm just baffled the police asked the seller to reimburse an idiot who dropped a fragile purchase on the ground.

I wonder if that is not made up just to support his dumb view that the seller was trying to scam him.

Maybe the seller was black.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Maybe the cops also dropped their ceramic coasters were scammed by this audacious fraudster selling defective coasters that don't bounce when dropped

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

My(f23) sister(f30) is ruining our relationship by suggesting I sleep with her fiancé(m32)

quote:

I’m sorry. This is very long and maybe some of the details aren’t important. I’ll try put a TL;DR at the bottom.

My sister is not really my sister. She’s my cousin who was abandoned by her mother and raised by mine (her mum’s sister) and my dad from the age of about 13. She was around us a lot well before that and to my kid mind she was my awesome big sister. I only really understood the situation once I was 10 yo.

She’s always been cheeky, rebellious, fun, outgoing. The complete opposite of me. She was a great influence until she took a few too many wrong turns in life, and went no contact after choosing her (now ex) boyfriend over our family. My parents basically said they didn’t support her relationship with him because he was a bum, emotionally (and later physically/financially) abusive and that she could do better. So when I was about 12 she left home and wasn’t around for a long time. We missed her, and I felt especially upset as she was the greatest big sister and thought I needed her to help navigate life as a preteen and then teen. When she came back home suddenly I was 15 and she had had a son, and fearing for their safety she finally left her abusive boyfriend and came home to the only family she knew. Slowly and surely she rebuilt her relationship with us, and trust, love and familiarity was slowly gained. I loved having her back and having a nephew was the best. She found a job, went to school while my parents happily helped raise her son and built her own confidence back. At school she met her current fiancé, a decent, loving, hardworking man who treated her and her son like they were everything he prayed for. Even his family were supportive of their relationship and we all felt like my sister had found her happiness.

The issue I need advice on was my sister asking me for a favour. Last year I visited her at her flat after she asked me to come around. She let me know that I would be doing her a huge favour if I were to sleep with her fiancé. I thought it was a joke but she let me know they both discussed sleeping with other people before they got married and “settled down properly”. Obviously I was completely disturbed and told her no. Her reasoning for asking me was that they wanted someone who was trustworthy and loyal to both of them. She told me she would be sleeping with one of her fiancés cousins who he’s close with.

I told her that this idea was hosed up on so many levels. To ask family members to sleep with a significant other, potentially risking these relationships forever for some cheap high was lovely and indecent. I told her that what she and her fiancé had was incredible and that they were both risking way too much for almost nothing. Plus, she is well aware that I am a virgin, as I’ve never been a fan of casual hook ups so if this were to happen her fiancé would be my first. I left her place feeling angry and betrayed and refused to see her for a few weeks. Even our family noticed but I refused to tell them the reason and just told them she made me angry. She apologised after a few weeks and I decided to try to move on. However after about a month she brings it up again, this time with her fiancé present. I’m mortified at this point because my sister is telling me they have role-played this situation themselves and are ready for the real thing. Again I point out to both of them how inappropriate this is, and point out my feelings on loveless sex to my future brother in law. He decides to respect my feelings and apologise, promising to never bring it up with me again. However my sister is not listening. Her fiancé keeps asking her to stop but she’s getting angry, telling her I’m ruining her relationship with her man, that I’m not a supportive sister. I tell them both to leave (this was at my parents house) and again I’ve not spoken to her in two or so weeks. Her friends and I were planning a bridal shower for her in August but as it stands I don’t think I can go as I can’t even look her in the face. However she is my sister and I love her, and I don’t want to miss out on her shower, or her wedding in October. If I did, I think our relationship would be irreparable.

Does anyone have any advice? I feel like I’ve not enjoyed this summer at all because of this situation. I’ve missed out on family outings and even my nephews end of year play. Should I just go through with it to appease her? Or should I try and convince her once more about how much I love her but can’t do this? If you’ve read this far thank you.

TLDR - big sister wants me to sleep with fiancé and I’m not comfortable with it. We’re not talking because we both think the other is an inconsiderate bitch. Help!

Thats uh one way of keeping it in the family

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Pinecone Sample posted:

I kept my stepdaughter’s true source of income a secret for years. Now that her father found out, he wants to divorce me for not telling him.

My husband (57m) had a daughter (27f) and a son (16m) before we got together. She was 16 when we started dating, and I was 27, the same age as her now. 

They started dating at 46m and 27f

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DemoneeHo posted:

My(f23) sister(f30) is ruining our relationship by suggesting I sleep with her fiancé(m32)

Thats uh one way of keeping it in the family

That's pretty impressive typing for someone using one hand.

I hope that's a teenager's wank fantasy :(

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah, not sure why her husband is upset that his wife taught his daughter the same values she had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

unfortunately the incels have invaded that one to post about prostitution