Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Patware posted:

Nut King Call: i can't think of any particularly wild power for this to create with Speed King which means there's probably something really wild

If you combine the ability to assemble and disassemble objects with the ability to accumulate heat you could probably science it up to have it do something with nuclear forces or fission/fusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
hot nuts

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
There's that stand that just grows hair on things and I don't think that had a good combination.

I don't really understand what most jojolion stands say about their owners in jojolion. Rock humans have the really vicious and cruel stands. Joshu has a stand that takes away bodily autonomy befitting a grotesque and useless person. California king bed befits the cute but controlling, capricious, and self obsessed owner. The rest though idgi

Why does jobin want to break thermodynamics by just a little at a time

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Carpator Diei posted:

This shouldn't get buried by the new chapter, since the artist is really extremely good.

Oh my god, the one with Doppio's photoshop abs is incredible.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Isn't that the interview show on youtube with the wings

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmao at all the anime blood explosions being an exaggerated illusion

it seems speed king doesn't secretly involve time somehow, which rules out Jobin as the final boss

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

TheLoneStar posted:

But it can't mess with time.

It's name is speed king, not heat king. It's already shown it screws the laws of entropy so give Jobin time.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Hemingway To Go! posted:

There's that stand that just grows hair on things and I don't think that had a good combination.

I don't really understand what most jojolion stands say about their owners in jojolion. Rock humans have the really vicious and cruel stands. Joshu has a stand that takes away bodily autonomy befitting a grotesque and useless person. California king bed befits the cute but controlling, capricious, and self obsessed owner. The rest though idgi

Why does jobin want to break thermodynamics by just a little at a time

He's hot.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

d4c had nothing to do with time so anyone still parroting that poo poo is barking up the wrong tree

*changes tv channel, is surprised when turning back that the previous channel has kept playing as usual*

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Johnny Joestar posted:

d4c had nothing to do with time so anyone still parroting that poo poo is barking up the wrong tree
Different timelines.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
don't be dense, D4C was absolutely more about manipulating space rather than time. The Two People Meeting Each Other Being Obliterated is a sort of Two Objects Can't Occupy The Same Space deal, same with it's requirement of being between to objects.

Kato's ability to seemingly pull objects of nothing, but a deck of cards seems to be something at least close to that

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Yeah, sure the space thing is prevalent, but the timeline aspect still involves loving about with time. Just not in the more direct fashions like stopping it or reversing it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Not really? Valentine hopping around timelines never seems to have any repercussions on the universes he visits. Pulling DIO out of his universe doesn't change any future. He can't choose to visit different times in those universes, just the present. Like it's not some Avengers Endgame thing, I wouldn't call anything Valentine does messing with time.

With Love Train, it even becomes more clear, as Valentine is said to now exist in this weird gap in space. I forget if the Bad Things he reflects get sent elsewhere in time, or just elsewhere on that Earth, so maybe that?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Pretty sure Araki's word is that both Space and Time related stands are top tier. It still didn't stop Ringo from being a very minor antagonist in SBR despite being one of the best things about SBR.

As far as this arc is concerned, we have one spacial related abilities at play here, the one that is causing people to get into all these accidents. We don't know if it's solely related to Tsuguru or if the Wandering Geriatric is the cause but both of them are most likely going to be the "main villain" of this arc. And you cannot forget Kaato and her cards which makes her discount Valentine in that she can store things in the space between things. However, I think Jobin has just set himself up to be the Kira of this arc even though Kira already exists. Killer Queen didn't get it's space/time ability until the very end, the same was true for Made in Heaven. And we still don't know the full capabilities of Speed King so there is room to naturally add other traits or powers.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Expect My Mom posted:

With Love Train, it even becomes more clear, as Valentine is said to now exist in this weird gap in space. I forget if the Bad Things he reflects get sent elsewhere in time, or just elsewhere on that Earth, so maybe that?

Elsewhere on Earth, iirc.

I think it was pretty clear that Time wasn't going to be the Main Villain Power because there are two people in SBR with time manipulation powers

1) Ringo
2) Other Diego

Ringo isn't even the main villain (if anything, he's a pretty sympathetic character), and then Diego shows up because of Valentine and then gets bodied before he can do much damage by the exact same principle behind how D4C can kill people. And traveling between timelines isn't....manipulating time. It's just opening a gap between timelines.

With the reboot, I'm not entirely sure that Araki even wants to do time-based villains anymore, since Pucci was such a huge culmination of that. There's probably going to be something completely different for the "main" part 8 villain, if Jobin isn't on his way to becoming that already. I do like the idea of him fusing with Noriosuke, though.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Johnny Joestar posted:

*changes tv channel, is surprised when turning back that the previous channel has kept playing as usual*
Time fuckery is a 4th dimensional power and d4c is even stronger by being a fifth dimensional power.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Space-time is connected. I mean, the part before the guy that could dimension swap was about a guy manipulating time so much that he could rewrite space. He obviously sees them as connected and an extension of each other.

There's a way you could do that with heat, but we'll see if he gets some kind of power up extension or not.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Okuyasu Nijimura, famously known for wielding a time-manipulating stand and being the final boss of his part.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Dio was the final boss of part 7 and had a time stopping stand.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

As people mentioned, there's still plenty of time for Jobin to develop further powers - after all, he's like a more versatile (theoretically) Killer Queen, and Kira only got his time powers at the very end due to arrow bullshit.

And, honestly, fusion is SUCH an obvious plot device for powering up! Once Jobin gets desperate enough (and, seriously, with Jacuzzi man barging in his paranoia is probably going through the roof), he'll probably use it. Norisuke's the obvious choice. Kaato would be the HOLY poo poo WHAT choice. Or maybe ALL OF THEM FOR MAXIMUM FAMILY AWKWARDNESS! Yyyyyeeeeaaaaaahhhhh

I hope he fuses with Kaato. Funnel heat through cards. Or use "heat" as a portal, somehow, that'd be wild.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

Patware posted:

Kaato's Stand:

surely king diamond

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Queen of the Stone Age.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

Queen of the Stone Age.

this would obviously work for me

it seems crazy to me that they'd have all the Higashikatas have "king" in their Stand names and there not be a King Crimson reveal

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
well diavolo was a second older personality, so maybe one of the family members we've already met has a secret hidden personality with king crimson as a stand...

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Expect My Mom posted:

Not really? Valentine hopping around timelines never seems to have any repercussions on the universes he visits. Pulling DIO out of his universe doesn't change any future. He can't choose to visit different times in those universes, just the present. Like it's not some Avengers Endgame thing, I wouldn't call anything Valentine does messing with time.
Just because he isn't destroying timelines or whatever doesn't mean it isn't still meddling about with space and time. You really can't go off visiting timelines and not say you aren't fiddling with time itself, even if it's just taking a person or thing from that timeline. And then of course, as CJ pointed out, the alternate Diego is the true final boss of Steel Ball Run anyway, and he just has his own The World.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

D4C definitely counts as a space-time Stand. doesn't even seem worth debating, D4C literally takes you to infinite parallel dimensions where something is different. it's like literally how timelines in DBZ works

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Even discounting whether or not D4C counts as a Time Stand, two final boss Stands only got to mess with time at the final battle.

So, Speed King not being able to right now is pretty much a meaningless objection.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
I am hoping instead of just Jobin being the big bad, this part ends with a big 3-way showdown between Josuke & friends, Jobin & Kaato (maybe Tsurugi) and the rock people.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Dragonatrix posted:

Even discounting whether or not D4C counts as a Time Stand, two final boss Stands only got to mess with time at the final battle.

So, Speed King not being able to right now is pretty much a meaningless objection.

That's part of the conversation; if he *is* the final boss, what spacetime based upgrade will he get?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
calling DIO the Final Boss of Part 7 is gonna give me an ulcer

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Expect My Mom posted:

calling DIO the Final Boss of Part 7 is gonna give me an ulcer

Yeah, he's just Valentine's final attack.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Darko posted:

Yeah, he's just Valentine's final attack.

Yeah, I think that's the main difference between an ultra-literal reading, like DIO is the literal final person Johnny fights, vs. the emotional takeaway of the fight and what it means in the story, where DIO was a pawn for Valentine and even though he technically beats Johnny, he still gets murdered by a non-Stand user who figured out how to use the principles behind D4C. It's an extension of the Valentine fight not only because he's the final attack, but Gyro's decision to protect Lucy helped to win the fight, in the end.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Dio is an embodiment of Valentine's desire to pervert the corpse of Jesus for the benefit of America.

As such, he's consumed in a Christ/Anti-Christ reaction.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I really recommend re-reading JoJolion with the color scans. Some people might dislike them and that's fair, but not only do they help me keep track of action more, I think just the violently surreal color palette makes a stronger tone for me,

The purple grass and blue trees in the second one is so good.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Late Era Jojo is a lot like Late Era One Piece where the coloring helps so much just because theres so much crammed into every panel

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Did we ever make guesses on what's the part 6 ED is going to be?

Cause I think this would work pretty well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHibSVAIeac

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

I really recommend re-reading JoJolion with the color scans. Some people might dislike them and that's fair, but not only do they help me keep track of action more, I think just the violently surreal color palette makes a stronger tone for me,

The purple grass and blue trees in the second one is so good.

Glorious.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Dragonwagon posted:

Did we ever make guesses on what's the part 6 ED is going to be?

Cause I think this would work pretty well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHibSVAIeac

we have never, ever been remotely close. we always get got

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
These Colored Adventures make reading through Jojolion from the beginning really fresh.

Who remembers the sense of utter dread they got when the name "Yoshikage Kira" turns up, and then you go to his apartment and see the Mona Lisa right there? :stonk:

edit: UGH I MISSED THE HAND STATUE RIGHT NEXT TO IT!! UGH!!!!

BaDandy fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 25, 2019