Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

DisDisDis posted:

yeah the writings really good and i feel like its misleading about the tone for me to just yell about handsome women but like seriously she's such a scraggly ikemen i'm losing my mind???

and then sometimes she's an incredibly polished ikemen instead....

anyway please read it

Same artist as Hibari no Asa.

Warning: sexual abuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Thanks, Dis.

It just dawned on me how much good hair influences my opinion of a mangaka.

Speaking of good hair, Kaouru and Mask has been everything I hoped it would be so far.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I liked the ballet one a lot

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!
All this has reminded me that I bought her 10th anniversary art book a while back.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

same

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Speaking of BL...Given is out and it's cute. I'm debating if I want to post a thread on it or not since BL isn't popular :v:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
It's not?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Didn't someone already make a given anime thread?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

a page back atm but yes

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3893766

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ppl still giving me sad looks when I mention it elsewhere :sigh:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
those people suck

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

go for it
bl is good

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new Kaiju Girl Caramelize

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Clitch posted:

That's a really great manga, whoa.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I love this manga.

Caramelize is so accurate because it is incredibly sweet. I love the new guy saying he's her boyfriend despite it being pretty blatantly untrue. That is such an incredibly Dad move. :allears:

That said, the comments section is hilarious.

Clitch posted:

I've started reading this and am getting feelings of deja vu.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Description from MangaDex posted:

Teshima Hibari is a 14-year-old girl with a body that is more sensual than most girls her age.
Nope, this ain't for me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

D. Ebdrup posted:

Nope, this ain't for me.
its really not that kind of manga, the angle is 'this girl looks older than a lot of other girls her age so shes sexualized against her will and treated as an adult even though shes still a child, which is bad'

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

D. Ebdrup posted:

Nope, this ain't for me.
In fairness, it's about that sort of gaze rather than indulging in it. A more valid reason for not wanting to read this is that it would make you too furious and/or depressed.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
One thing I don't get is why in the afterword the author mentions someone "coming back to life?" I thought the ending was way more cynical, showing how things never changed.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Cuntellectual posted:

One thing I don't get is why in the afterword the author mentions someone "coming back to life?" I thought the ending was way more cynical, showing how things never changed.
She has finally taken the reins of her own destiny and made her escape, which 1) could be fraught with even greater danger, but also 2) a sliver of hope.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I think Michika was a really interesting character. She's objectively a pretty bad person, but her talk with her friend and then her "where she sees herself in 10 years" thing were both very real moments, for lack of a better term.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It's more that it even if it's exploring how doing that is bad rather than glorifying it, it really creeps me out, and that I really doubt that any manga could add something to my opinion.
That doesn't make it a bad manga, it just isn't for me.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

This is cute but that men speech like what :v:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

D. Ebdrup posted:

It's more that it even if it's exploring how doing that is bad rather than glorifying it, it really creeps me out, and that I really doubt that any manga could add something to my opinion.
That doesn't make it a bad manga, it just isn't for me.

That's a fine opinion to have.

I think what was most interesting about it was the way everyone sort of thought what the central problem Hibari herself talked about was kind of bad, but lacked the will to actually do anything about it. They'd come close, but kind of decide "ehh... better not" and then just settle into apathy.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I really liked how it sort of touches upon a concept that I know of called the 'banality of evil', which just refers to how people rationalize their every day lives to ignore problems and absolve themselves of responsibility to do good or intervene. It's a phrase that was developed in a case study of nazi germany but something I think is applicable to many things in every day life, including in this story about gender roles and patriarchy, socialization, male privilege, and dependent youths who are very vulnerable and have little recourse.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Alder posted:

This is cute but that men speech like what :v:
(it's him, he's referring to himself subconsciously, he only* loves kuro to satisfy his curiosity and came back to see her because of her monster form making the news)

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

I really liked how it sort of touches upon a concept that I know of called the 'banality of evil', which just refers to how people rationalize their every day lives to ignore problems and absolve themselves of responsibility to do good or intervene. It's a phrase that was developed in a case study of nazi germany but something I think is applicable to many things in every day life, including in this story about gender roles and patriarchy, socialization, male privilege, and dependent youths who are very vulnerable and have little recourse.

I've heard the term before but didn't think to connect it here.That's a great way of putting it.

The entire story was just coated with a layer of apathy.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

As much as people rag on credits joke pages I'm a fan of

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
What is everyone's favorite thing about the coffee drinking teacher from my Brother's Wife. I like how she is mean and teases but is actually very nice.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Snooze Cruise posted:

I like how she is mean and teases but is actually very nice.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Here's an interesting take on the otome villainess/reincarnation trope.

When I Woke Up, Twenty Years Passed!

Main character is a busy daughter of the duke who is kind of laughably accomplished for her age, but is fairly straightforward and hardworking. She's been away from school being a powerhouse in terms of business and economics, but is still accused by the otome heroine and her guy harem for harrassment gets poisoned and wakes up (as the title says) 20 years later. Definitely interested to see where this goes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
today in horimiya, ice rink hijinks

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

LI is kinda a terrible person but MC is cute. I like the art and bunnies :3:

https://mangadex.org/title/33940/tsuzuki-wa-mata-ashita

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I looked at my copy of the first volume and this was forshadowed. First chapter she goes to the bathroom to calm down and the music she puts on has a large black, and spiky word bubble coming off it with a gutteral shout visible. She's also headbanging in the stall.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
The Bones of an Invisible Person

Last chapter went up yesterday. It's not strictly within the thread's scope, but I feel like it deserves a post here.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Brought To You By posted:

I looked at my copy of the first volume and this was forshadowed. First chapter she goes to the bathroom to calm down and the music she puts on has a large black, and spiky word bubble coming off it with a gutteral shout visible. She's also headbanging in the stall.

Very good

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Clitch posted:

The Bones of an Invisible Person

Last chapter went up yesterday. It's not strictly within the thread's scope, but I feel like it deserves a post here.

This was really good, and I'm glad it ended where it did.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
exciting newly translated comic by aki eda https://mangadex.org/chapter/669691/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

DisDisDis posted:

exciting newly translated comic by aki eda https://mangadex.org/chapter/669691/1