Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

hong kong protestors are pussies

"these people getting beat up by state backed mobs are pussies" says internet tough guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

Darkman Fanpage posted:

:hai:

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
How to deal with counter-protesting/appropriating fash:

The Virgin HK Protester: Literally on knees begging the triad fash to stop

The Chad Gilets Jaunes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPuyiaXAhrI

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

"these people getting beat up by state backed mobs are pussies" says internet tough guy

a bloo bloo bloo :D

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/feliciasonmez/status/1157052830924120065

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lol trump holds the one china party line

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:28 on Mar 23, 2021

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Trade talks going well I see

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Agreed. They should be killing cops

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Lady Galaga posted:

Hong Kong protestors are middle class kids. The lower class and rich are pro-establishment. As soon as it gets too dangerous their mothers will be forbidding them from "protesting"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

when he's right, he's right

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Hong Kong protestors are middle class kids. The lower class and rich are pro-establishment. As soon as it gets too dangerous their mothers will be forbidding them from "protesting"

Yep, all 2 million + 6 protesters are middle class kids, we had a birth boom during the asian financial crisis

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Lady Galaga posted:

Yep, all 2 million + 6 protesters are middle class kids, we had a birth boom during the asian financial crisis

2 million is a gross exaggeration:

quote:

Crowd estimates for Hong Kong’s large pro-democracy protests have been a point of contention for years. The organizers and the police often release vastly divergent estimates. This year’s annual pro-democracy protest on Monday, July 1, was no different. Organizers announced 550,000 people attended; the police said 190,000 people were there at the peak.

But for the first time in the march’s history, a group of researchers combined artificial intelligence and manual counting techniques to estimate the size of the crowd, concluding that 265,000 people marched.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
yea they counted like 1 road of pedestrian traffic when the protests were so massive they spilled onto 3 or 4 neighbouring main roads lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lmao

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OjxW-K3FXI

190,000 people btw

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Lady Galaga posted:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
well here comes the tanks

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.followcn.com/breaking-news-hong-kong-government-requested-martial-law-by-pla-troops/

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Worth noting that Aug 5 is a planned HK wide protest movement that many of my colleagues and other people have already taken time off work for. Very convenient timing if the rumour holds true

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

if this is the same guo wengui im thinking of this is probably bullshit

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
Is there a real website reporting this?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I am skeptical that China is going to march an army division into Hong Kong to enforce martial law and is making material movements to do this and yet every Western paper isn’t up in arms about it. However if they actually are gonna do this it’s not good imo.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Lightning Knight posted:

I am skeptical that China is going to march an army division into Hong Kong to enforce martial law and is making material movements to do this and yet every Western paper isn’t up in arms about it. However if they actually are gonna do this it’s not good imo.

But a billionaire wrote a blog piece about it!!!

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1157233477747560448?s=20

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
drat, one police officer got pushed over and kicked a bit.

pack it up folks! looks like police have all the justification they need to shoot rubber bullets and tear gas at civilians and beat them with batons

Small Gay Planet
Aug 2, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Yikes™ Time to hire a mob of angry bus drivers to brutally assault people on the lowdown then arrest the victims becuz muh two systems, one country

seriously tho kill all pigs

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

that would own

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

a story in three acts:

Grapplejack posted:

It's gonna be fun to see the pro-PRC dudes fly in here with blue lives matter talk if this does start heating up. Pevin is coming off probation soon so it's guaranteed.

Autism Sneaks posted:

no one is going to do that you cross-eyed bleating moron

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Finally I know what will convince cspam the protestors are bad, they're being mean to cops. If there's one place online where blue lives matter it's cspam

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i still highly doubt the PLA will storm hong kong because at this point, it would be remarkably stupid and have a good chance of backfiring

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Finally I know what will convince cspam the protestors are bad, they're being mean to cops. If there's one place online where blue lives matter it's cspam
tbf i didn't think anyone would be so stupid as to do that either, but here we are

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/alleskannieuw/status/1118873820398608385

gently caress yeah ACAB

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

get that OUT of my face posted:

i still highly doubt the PLA will storm hong kong because at this point, it would be remarkably stupid and have a good chance of backfiring

tbf i didn't think anyone would be so stupid as to do that either, but here we are

yeah just waiting this poo poo out is the smartest strategy tbh, I don't think the Chinese gov is dumb enough to actually do martial law or w/e.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
propaganda war seems to work enough when protesters end up doing more drastic things

Small Gay Planet
Aug 2, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

Lady Galaga posted:

propaganda war seems to work enough when protesters end up doing more drastic things

Option A: Protest as normal, over months and months with nothing gained, because china can absolutely weather continued protests without existential risk, to complete exhaustion, until people grudgingly accept status quo under massively increased suspicion from the central government and even more contempt from mainlanders for the foreseeable future.

Option B: Wreck poo poo until chinese nationalists have a collective seizure and China sends the 660,000 strong People's Armed Police over the border to bludgeon everyone into compliance.

the central government is never going to ease up on the dream of a unified Han ethnostate and will die on 1.4 billion hills to make it happen, so yeah, pretty poo poo and unwinnable

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
greetings rereg

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

america is nobody's friend

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

hell yes

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Small Gay Planet posted:

Option A: Protest as normal, over months and months with nothing gained, because china can absolutely weather continued protests without existential risk, to complete exhaustion, until people grudgingly accept status quo under massively increased suspicion from the central government and even more contempt from mainlanders for the foreseeable future.

This is the likely outcome. I doubt anyone in Zhongnanhai is losing sleep over twitter and the western media being outraged over the extradition bill.

There is also the matter of of 49% of the directly elected council members coming from pro-beijing parties. I doubt that the abolition of functional constituencies would change that ratio much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Gay Planet
Aug 2, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

This is the likely outcome. I doubt anyone in Zhongnanhai is losing sleep over twitter and the western media being outraged over the extradition bill.

There is also the matter of of 49% of the directly elected council members coming from pro-beijing parties. I doubt that the abolition of functional constituencies would change that ratio much.

gently caress you bitch