Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

He's probably mad because Dave talked about how this tough guy shooter lost two backstage fights. One to Sin Cara and the other to a chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Capn Combustible posted:

I normally just lurk here, but this Simon Gotch stuff reminded me of the awful video he made for his ROH debut:

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/928805907898748928?s=20

LOL holy gently caress that's awful. that's like some Rex Kwan Do poo poo.

I always thought it was weird Gotch got fired but English stayed, I guess he had problems with people but maybe he got too much heat for Enzo's botch.

Only way I'd want him in AEW is for Shawn Spears to murder him. In that well-known shoot video he has, he calls Tye Dillinger "reliable" much in the same way as the "good hand" comment so that'd be funny.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Capn Combustible posted:

I normally just lurk here, but this Simon Gotch stuff reminded me of the awful video he made for his ROH debut:

lmao

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1157764473077108736

Team Dave here

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I really, really do not want to look at the replies to that

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DLC Inc posted:

I always thought it was weird Gotch got fired but English stayed, I guess he had problems with people but maybe he got too much heat for Enzo's botch.

Only way I'd want him in AEW is for Shawn Spears to murder him. In that well-known shoot video he has, he calls Tye Dillinger "reliable" much in the same way as the "good hand" comment so that'd be funny.

All I've heard about Gotch is he's kind of a dick. You never hear stories about "hey Gotch helped me move out of my apartment" or even a silly Gotch story. Dude rubs people that far of a wrong way.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

He also compares Tye to Curt Hennig and Rick Rude so it’s mixed messaging at best.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

coconono posted:

All I've heard about Gotch is he's kind of a dick. You never hear stories about "hey Gotch helped me move out of my apartment" or even a silly Gotch story. Dude rubs people that far of a wrong way.

i saw simon a few months ago at an indie show, the show had like 400 in the building and I swear I didn't see a single, solitary person even talk to him while he was selling gimmicks.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Some extensive and completely wrong G1 math on WOR.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Can't wait for his debut on the regional MMA circuit.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Can we fire Garrett into the sun

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Aye sure. Why?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

what a coastal elite over here

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Holy poo poo Garrett's kids went to high school with the El Paso shooter

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Garrett is good.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Capn Combustible posted:

Lmao.

What kind of jiu jitsu school lets white belts do leg locks?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

mariooncrack posted:

Lmao.

What kind of jiu jitsu school lets white belts do leg locks?

a Muy Thai fitness center.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
White belts should be doing leg locks

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

MMA fighters doing bad leglocks (thus leaving their heads totally exposed) and getting facepunched into oblivion is one of my favorite things to watch and I want more of it in pro wrestling.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Simon Gotch is terrible and resentful over the fact that his only moment of notoriety involves Enzo, yet even loving ENZO of all people is doing better than him these days. He sucks and should retire.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

What if your real name indicated that you were a matching pair with Seth Rollins, but that you were the worse of the two.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Pacific Rim interview with Debbie Malenko is great. Go listen.

The Fumi and Dave show on Harley Race has audio quality so bad I don't think I could replicate it if I tried. Worth listening to though.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

OctoberCountry posted:

Holy poo poo Garrett's kids went to high school with the El Paso shooter

And he lives in Gilroy, CA according to his Twitter.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is 83 Weeks any good? I haven't listened to too many of the Conrad-based podcasts but i started reading Death of WCW and it's got me sort of interested in that whole period. Are there good backstage stories or is it just Eric blaming everybody else? Any standout eps to start with?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

The Pacific Rim interview with Debbie Malenko is great. Go listen.

The Fumi and Dave show on Harley Race has audio quality so bad I don't think I could replicate it if I tried. Worth listening to though.

Yeah I really enjoyed both, and even though the Harley stories are great I really enjoyed when they went off on tangents about the likes of Nick Bockwinkel and Ric Flair.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Is 83 Weeks any good? I haven't listened to too many of the Conrad-based podcasts but i started reading Death of WCW and it's got me sort of interested in that whole period. Are there good backstage stories or is it just Eric blaming everybody else? Any standout eps to start with?

It’s Eric yelling about Dave and being like “well that’s not how it happened/I was forced into a corner and this was the best option left” from what I have gathered

So the latter

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

projecthalaxy posted:

its that mallard filmore parody comic but instead of LIBERALS LIBERALS LIBERALS its MELTZER MELTZER MELTZER

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I see. Thank you for the heads up.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

projecthalaxy posted:

I see. Thank you for the heads up.
I don't listen to it close to weekly, and a lot of what's been said here has been valid, but Bischoff does provide some useful information when he gets granular. Basically, if you're interested, look up reviews for the individual episodes and listen to the ones that are actually supposed to be good.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

projecthalaxy posted:

I listen to it semi-regularly. There's definitely a lot of anti-Meltzer talk on Bischoff's part but when they talk about stuff that's more historical or character focused: it's good.

In particular, the Jericho wcw-overview episode was great, as was Bischoff preWCW. The South Korea episode had a few new stories if you had already read about that in Bischoff's book.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

With those Podcasts I just listen to the ones that I'm interested in. Except JRs, I like all of his.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Mike Sempervive returns to Between The Sheets!

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1158235430938173440

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

are you guys doing 2000/New Blood Rising next week

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

are you guys doing 2000/New Blood Rising next week
No, 1997.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
This week's Nitro doesn't have anything is stupid as that cagematch from two weeks ago but it's still worse than last week, should be another very strong episode.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Anyone having file issues recent Pacific Rim and maybe a Garrett WOR? I've noticed it more with Pacific Rim where you download a show and it says 30 minutes or so and then the file is actually much larger. It plays fine but you can't skip around in it.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Had the same thing happen, yes, seems like they uploaded fixed versions of some of the affected episodes later on.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

"You ever see an ancient boat?"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah I regularly get that problem with Pacific Rim, saw it happen with one of Jim Valley's other shows too (the Observer Radio with Dave maybe?) so maybe it's an issue on his end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah I regularly get that problem with Pacific Rim, saw it happen with one of Jim Valley's other shows too (the Observer Radio with Dave maybe?) so maybe it's an issue on his end?
In my experience, that's usually the result of the MP3 being encoded as variable bitrate instead of constant bitrate. It SHOULDN'T be an issue, as it's been part of the MP3 spec for a long time, but for whatever reason, it throws a bunch of podcast apps for a loop.