Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
Hab ich das richtig verstanden: er will der Entstehung von Parallelgesellschaften dadurch vorbeugen, dass er schon Kinder von der gesellschaftlichen Teilhabe ausschließt?

Aber offensichtlich bindet ihm Mutti noch die Krawatte jeden Morgen, also von daher: checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

elbkaida posted:

The problem is also that SPD (or FDP lol) would need to scrap together enough votes to make a three way coalition work. Unless the greens get a massive surge I am not too hopeful. Also there is the whole thing with the AfD only being allowed 30 candidates at the moment.

There's technically the option of a Minderheitenregierung that's tolerated by Linke and/or Grüne, isn't there? Or does that not work on the state level?

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

That would be a CDU, FDP and AfD coalition in all but name though since CDU, FDP and AfD have more overlap than CDU and SPD/Grüne/Linke, at least in Saxony. Grüne and Linke would have to be really stupid to agree to that. SPD probably would but who cares...

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Zwille posted:

Wait wait wait what, the full name of the Blaue (lol just because of that) is really really Blaue #teampetry?

Even better, it is just two letters (more like one and a half if we're honest) removed from "Braune". Quite on point for Frau Petry.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/FraukePetry/status/1156647440625340424?s=20

looking good for #teampetry's Bekanntheitsgrad on Twitter

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/Schuldensuehner/status/1157251341170946050

Clearly the only reasonable thing to do now is to defend die Schwarze Null at all costs.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

genericnick posted:

https://twitter.com/Schuldensuehner/status/1157251341170946050

Clearly the only reasonable thing to do now is to defend die Schwarze Null at all costs.

Which becomes easier if Germany no longer pays out interest on its bonds.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

I am utterly clueless when it comes to economics, what is a "negative yield" and why is it bad?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

System Metternich posted:

I am utterly clueless when it comes to economics, what is a "negative yield" and why is it bad?

Germany issues bonds, i.e. takes out loans. If the yield of the bond is negative, then Germany takes out an amount of e.g. 100 CU but only repays 90 CU. Negative interest if you will.

On a surface Level this is good for Germany, because it can finance itself cheaply.

However, for reasons too long for mobile posting, lenders accepting negative yield bonds is generally an indicator that they think things will get worse economically.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

System Metternich posted:

It means in effect that people pay you interest to lend you money. Augurs believe they can read recession signs into yield flight patterns so they get worried. Of course in the EU its just gamblers expecting a new round of ECB asset purchases. The ECB is very committed to pretending they are not doing what any functinal central bank should be doing: Acting as a lender of last resort. So when they buy state debt so Italy doesn't default they also buy German debt in a fixed ratio.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
I do also notice that the tweeter works for Axel Springer SE, so i'm looking for the lie.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Have Grüne, Linke and AfD gone on record to rule out a coalition because if not that's now my no1 bet

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Randler posted:

However, for reasons too long for mobile posting, lenders accepting negative yield bonds is generally an indicator that they think things will get worse economically.

If I understand th broad strokes correctly: Lenders will accept lower yields if they think the loan is relatively more safe/reliable, since the value of a loan is usually a function of the yield and the risk of a default. Basically low risk = low yield, high risk = high yield. Large numbers of lenders accepting negative yields could indicate that they consider the future so risky that they'd expect any other investment on the same time scale to lose them more money due to higher risks of defaulting.

Of course in practice the whole thing is a lot more complex with other possible reasons and factors, because lmao economics.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Mithaldu posted:

I do also notice that the tweeter works for Axel Springer SE, so i'm looking for the lie.

Lies of omission. Only the 30 year bond fell below zero effectibe yield now (nominal is still positive). The shorter length bonds already went negative yield quote a while ago.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Thanks for reinforcing my prejudices. :)

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Thanks! :)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Randler posted:

Lies of omission. Only the 30 year bond fell below zero effectibe yield now (nominal is still positive). The shorter length bonds already went negative yield quote a while ago.

effectible means inflation and fees are priced in? so the reasoning is over 30 years either of those things must be lower than assumed?

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Randler posted:

Which’s what he wrote and the Bloomberg article expands on.

“Germany's whole yield curve dives below 0% for the 1st time. Nation becomes the largest economy to have all negative yields.”

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Spotted this Bäpper auf dem Herrenklo der TU München, Mathematik.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

niethan posted:

Spotted this Bäpper auf dem Herrenklo der TU München, Mathematik.

lmao

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Clearly going for the young vote.

https://twitter.com/DieLinkeBrdburg/status/1158798893154353152

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Up the meat tax!

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Hoch die Schweine-Taxe!

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Regressiv wirkende Verbrauchsbesteuerung.

Die SPD muss es wirklich wurmen, dass sie noch nicht alle Geringverdiener ausgehungert hat.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Hi, the chilis are doing well, I just wanted to share this incredible joke from the jokes thread in PYF:

cinni posted:

A Holocaust survivor dies and goes to Heaven. He meets God and they begin talking. During the conversation, he makes a Holocaust joke. God is offended and doesn't find it funny. He replies, "Guess you just had to be there."

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

You are a political party supposedly concerned about ethical livestock farming. Do you:
- a) Enact laws, guidelines, and regulations that force farmers to institute more ethical conditions for livestock.
or
- b) Institute a regressive tax hike that will primarily affect the consumer, with the condition that the additional money will somehow, in some way, at some point, improve conditions for animals.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

People who do not like to pay the meat tax can eat beans instead.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

pidan posted:

People who do not like to pay the meat tax can eat beans instead.

You mean like people who don't like tobacco and alcohol taxes stopped drinking and smoking? Hah yeah, that worked out really well, didn't it? :v:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Libluini posted:

You mean like people who don't like tobacco and alcohol taxes stopped drinking and smoking? Hah yeah, that worked out really well, didn't it? :v:

In the UK thread somebody posted last night about having stopped smoking because the prices have become too insane (at ~10€ a pack).

In the case of food it's pretty crappy to tax it, that just means poor people can't afford it and everyone else doesn't give a poo poo. Unless you slap a completely insane tax on it to make it 'fair' but then you might as well straight up ban the sale of meat.
What could be done is banning advertising similar to alcohol/tobacco and other such strategies to get people to change their habits. That's a more longterm approach though.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

http://twitter.com/dpa/status/1158800499463905281

Da wird sicher nichts draus werden, aber die Frage ob die rechten Regierungen in BaWü und Bayern sich weiter über geltendes Recht hinwegsetzen dürfen um die Autoindustrie zu schützen ist schon spannend.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Libluini posted:

The point of the tax is not to make people eat less meat, it's to enable / force meat producers to treat their animals better. Anyone who is willing to pay the higher price can continue eating as much meat as he likes, anyone who can't pay, or doesn't want to, can eat something else instead.

The difference to alcohol and cig taxes is that those are supposed to make people use the product less, which is not the main goal of the meat tax.

Also those taxes totally did make people change their behavior, even if most of them just switched to lose tobacco.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Randler is right, this is a pants-on-head-suicidal move by SPD. Like straight out of a fash cartoon about out-of-touch libt*rds. Do it via stricter animal welfare rules and at least force AfD to directly argue against cute animals instead of higher MWSt, holy poo poo.

I switched from the more proletarian to the hipster Döner shop today and they put the Falafelyufka into this sort of corrugated cardboard sleeve instead of the traditional Alufolie. Is this becoming widespread?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
How would a higher VAT rate in meat make it easier for producers to treat animals well, pidan?

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Randler posted:

How would a higher VAT rate in meat make it easier for producers to treat animals well, pidan?

According to what I've read, the money will be used in measures to enforce animal welfare. I don't know the exact details, and I didn't come up with this law.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

elbkaida posted:

In the case of food it's pretty crappy to tax it, that just means poor people can't afford it and everyone else doesn't give a poo poo. Unless you slap a completely insane tax on it to make it 'fair' but then you might as well straight up ban the sale of meat.
What could be done is banning advertising similar to alcohol/tobacco and other such strategies to get people to change their habits. That's a more longterm approach though.

The goal is to reduce meat consumption and about 90% of meat is consumed by the under and middle class so there is really no way around any kind of policy being regressive. The poor really need to start buying and eating sane(and healthy) amounts of Wurst. poo poo is getting ridiculous.

Also, I think both a meat tax and higher animal welfare standards increase meat prices so they are both regressive. But the advantage of higher animal welfare standards is that even with the piss poor enforcement we have right now you at least do something good, while a meat tax will just continue the race to the bottom in the meat industry due to Preisdruck. Can you make a move efficient chicken with 10 cloaka and no legs? Well, let's find out!

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Cool.

Three things:

- Tax revenue is never legally tied to specific spendings and is repurposed incredibly often, e.g. tobacco tax, the continuing Schaumweinsteuer despite the lack of a kaiserliche Kriegsmarine

- VAT revenue is distributed between Bund, Länder and Gemeinden. Therefore the potentially increased tax revenue would not even go to a single part of the state, therefore making it more unlikely that all that revenue gets used for comprehensive anomal welfare measures

- Higher VAT rate directly leads to significantly higher costs for the producers, strongly incentivizing them to find costs to cut down on. Very likely the cut will be felt by lavour as well as the animals, because you cannot cut down the Tax cost itself.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

SPD members get to vote on five questions that will be asked of the Vorsitz-candidates. God help this dumb doomed Partei, they're doing the best they can. I mean :lol: about some of the questions but this legit seems like a decent way of giving the Basis a niedrigschwelliger way to get involved in the process, ie not gated behind being voted Delegierter by your Ortsverein oä.

quote:

Wie schaffen wir es, die Vielfalt unserer Partei in unsere Arbeit erkennbar zu machen?

Wie kommt die Innovation in die Politik?

Welche politische Bedeutung hat für euch die Erinnerungspolitik und die besondere Geschichte der SPD als älteste demokratische Partei Europas?

Was sind die sozialdemokratischen Antworten auf den digitalen Kapitalismus?

Wie verteilen wir den Mehrwert, der aus der Digitalisierung entsteht, gerecht?

Wie verringern wir die wachsende Ungleichheit in unserem Land?

Welche Aufgaben haben Ortsvereine und Unterbezirke/Kreisverbände aus Deiner Sicht?

Wie erhalten wir die Dialogfähigkeit in der SPD?

Wie bauen wir den Dialog mit der Gesellschaft wieder auf?

Welche Themen soll Deutschland im Rahmen seiner unserer EU-Ratspräsidentschaft vorantreiben?

Für wen wollen wir als SPD künftig Politik machen?

Was ist dagegen zu tun, dass die Entwicklungschancen von Kindern und Jugendlichen sich in Deutschland zunehmend auseinanderentwickeln?

Wie kann die SPD in strukturschwachen Regionen wieder auf die Beine kommen?

Was bedeutet „SPD als Friedenspartei“ im 21. Jahrhundert?

Was muss sich im Gesundheitswesen ändern, damit eine gute medizinische Versorgung für alle sichergestellt wird?

Wie schaffen wir gleichwertige Lebensverhältnisse in ganz Deutschland?

Was ist Deine/Eure Antwort auf die Klimakrise?

Was bedeutet Verantwortung für dich als Vorsitzende*r der SPD?

Welche Überschrift würdest Du Euren/Deinen nächsten beiden Jahren Parteivorsitz geben?

Wie tragen wir gemeinsam die Herausforderungen der älter werdenden Gesellschaft wie machen wir Pflege tragbar für alle?

Wie kann Willensbildung in SPD im 21. Jahrhundert gelingen?

Wie bewertest Du die bisherige Arbeit der SPD in der Großen Koalition?

Wie erreichen wir eine Gleichwertigkeit von beruflicher und akademischer Bildung?

Wie sieht der zeitgemäße Sozialstaat aus, der von allen getragen wird und sich auf Teilhabe an Arbeit stützt?

Wir haben viel für die Gleichstellung der Geschlechter erreicht. Wo siehst Du unser Land gleichstellungspolitisch in 10 Jahren?

Welche Bedeutung hat für Dich das Thema Nachbarschaft in deinem politischen Denken und Handeln?

Wie kann die SPD ein eigenständiges Profil gewinnen?

Wie wollt ihr die SPD als Bündnispartei für Gewerkschaften und fortschrittlichen Bewegungen stärken?

Welche Wissenschaftsfelder können uns die wichtigsten Zukunftsfragen benennen?

Was ist notwendig, damit Wohnen für alle bezahlbar bleibt?

Gibt es für euch eine sozialdemokratische Wirtschaftspolitik? Und wenn ja, wie würdet ihr sie beschreiben?

Nie zuvor waren so viele Menschen auf der Flucht wie heute. Was kann die SPD dieser Herausforderung gerecht werden?

Wie soll die SPD sich gegen den Rechtspopulismus stellen?

Wie stoppen wir die weitere Spaltung unserer Gesellschaft angesichts einer weiter steigenden Vermögenskonzentration in den Händen einiger Weniger?

Was wollt ihr anders machen als die bisherigen Parteiführungen?

Welchem Zweck dient die Parteiorganisation?

Wie stärken wir Solidarität und Zusammenhalt in der Gesellschaft?

Wozu brauchen die Menschen in Deutschland die Sozialdemokratie?

Was heißt für Euch Demokratischer Sozialismus?

Was müssen wir machen, damit Aufstieg durch Bildung und Leistung wieder möglich ist?

Was bedeutet Führung für dich als Vorsitze*r der SPD?

Wie willst Du erreichen, dass die SPD auf Dauer weiblicher, jünger und vielfältiger wird?

Um welche (2-3) politischen Themen soll sich die SPD aktuell viel stärker als bisher kümmern? Und um welche weniger?

Wie stärken wir die SPD als Kommunalpartei?

Was (welche Leistungen) gehört zur öffentlichen Daseinsvorsorge und darf nicht dem Markt und Renditeinteressen von Konzernen überlassen werden?

Wie schaffen wir es, den digitalen Raum nicht den radikalen Kräften zu überlassen?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I guess you could make a non regressive meat policy by having non-transferable ration cards that allow each person to consume a limited amount of meat production externalities (like greenhouse gases and other forms of pollution). But then you need to have a system where the meat consumption needs to be tracked so the poor don't sell their meat to the rich. Maybe everyone can hand in their poo and the state checks it for contents and DNA? Landesamt für Scheißeaufsicht?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Opferwurst posted:

I guess you could make a non regressive meat policy by having non-transferable ration cards that allow each person to consume a limited amount of meat production externalities (like greenhouse gases and other forms of pollution). But then you need to have a system where the meat consumption needs to be tracked so the poor don't sell their meat to the rich. Maybe everyone can hand in their poo and the state checks it for contents and DNA? Landesamt für Scheißeaufsicht?

I've got two words for you: smart poopshelves

e: actually more than two words. internet of poo poo. making GBS threads as a service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Just don't... eat... meat...