Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Like most things in Jojo, Araki had just found out about lesbians and wanted the audience to know too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Like most things in Jojo, Araki had just found out about lesbians and wanted the audience to know too

Impossible, this was after part 6

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

YggiDee posted:

It's wouldn't be the most unreasonable Jojo power we've seen.

My stand, 「GAY BAR」, manifests as a dosimeter that displays where on the Kinsey scale a person is.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

As bad as it is that everyone lusts after 14 years old Lucy, I still think there's some incredibly good scenes that come from that

First is, of course, Lucy killing WorldDiego in what's probably the most deserved finish in the entire series, holy poo poo you EARNED it girl

Second is Lucy shooting Blackmore loving dead the very second he's distracted

Third is that scene of Lucy trying to get away from Valentine, she SHANKS that guy, and she is so desperately trying to get away, and holy poo poo that scene was INCREDIBLY tense

Not gonna excuse most of the other stuff tho

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Yeah, I really dislike a great deal of what happens to her but I like Lucy herself.
Also she's as much 14 as Giorno is 15, I'll never get that kind of aging scheme

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Yeah, Lucy's loving awesome and her deciding to cut off Dio's head and wrap it up to surprise him was amazing. It's just annoying that they went for the assault route every time she gets to do something.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Can someone who owns Eyes of Heaven on PS4 help me get the two online trophies?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Can someone who owns Eyes of Heaven on PS4 help me get the two online trophies?

what region are you in? i'm pretty sure the online play is region locked

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

yeah actually they will posted:

what region are you in? i'm pretty sure the online play is region locked

I’m in the US. Fffff that stinks, I didn’t realize it was region locked.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

despite its flaws (which i will undoubtedly make sure to let everyone know that i hate most of the poo poo related to lucy when it's relevant) i'm still super hype to hopefully get people into steel ball run and can't wait for the start of the let's read

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
It's that time again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhJCbyjl5gA

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

unsurprisingly i already read the first stretch just to pregame a bit. also keep in mind to warn people if you post song videos in the let's read thread because even tomb of the boom has weirdos being idiots in the comments about jojo.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i just realized that the valentine/johnny gun scene is a callback to this holy gently caress

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

He might've went on living, but he made one fatal slip, when he tried to match Gyro with a big ball on his hip.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I've never liked the look of colorized Steel Ball Run. It looks kinda dull and weirdly airbrushed, Like whats going on with Gyro's hair there?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

maybe it's maybelline

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I know what you mean. I don''t know anything about art, but I feel like it has something to do with the harsh shading Araki was using here, because it really cleans up when it switches to monthy.

Like look at this, this rules.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

What are my (realistic) options for reading Stone Ocean? Or is that pretty :filez: territory?

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Expect My Mom posted:

i just realized that the valentine/johnny gun scene is a callback to this holy gently caress

Yeah! I was actually really shocked when i got to that page. Araki is a king

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Oxyclean posted:

What are my (realistic) options for reading Stone Ocean? Or is that pretty :filez: territory?

with your eyes

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oxyclean posted:

It hasn't been released in English and the current English release of the manga is only up to Volume 2 of DiU.

The scans are good and pretty easy to find if you know where to look though.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Oxyclean posted:

First, you must start by becoming fluent in French, Italian, Taiwanese Mandarin, or Japanese. Then, you can buy the official releases in that language.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
https://twitter.com/jeluto_/status/1161047037187710977

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

by Jotaro Kujo, Age 40

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
do you think the reason only johnny reacts to this is because he's found a fellow secret horny kink guy

it's no bug bite fetish but johnny's canonically hosed and in been a threesome so he might have done choke play we just dont know

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i forgot how much the second segment of steel ball run just fuckin kicks it into high gear and caps off with diego turning into a goddamn dinosaur. i wonder how anime people are going to react to that and also everything to do with tusk so far.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
I really enjoy the progressive escalation from "this guy got bugs" to "the president keeps spinning to death across alternate realities".

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

is this 89 year old man really knocking into us??

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
weird day for those cops

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Holy poo poo. That stand isn't making pursuers run into things all the time. All it's doing is exaggerating every little collision to deadly effect, turning every little collision as light as a raindrop into a devastating impact
Even if some pursuer got close to the doctor, all he'd have to do is throw some pocket sand at their faces. Instant mince meat.

I appreciate the ongoing trend of part 8 stands making people behave like absolute loons in public

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

has any jojo character ever been quite as constantly horribly mutilated as mamezuku

also, downer: mamezuku has zero chemistry with anyone else in the cast

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

hatty posted:

I've never liked the look of colorized Steel Ball Run. It looks kinda dull and weirdly airbrushed, Like whats going on with Gyro's hair there?

It definitely starts out pretty rough but gets better.

https://twitter.com/pkjd8I8/status/1163057770507014144?s=20

Really excited about this and about the nendo announcements for Josuke and Rohan, though I stopped buying figures cuz I gotta downsize. It's just nice to see more and more merch out there, and there's always the added bonus of seeing how mad people get whenever Rohan, a very good character, gets attention.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

It definitely starts out pretty rough but gets better.

Yeah I’ve been reading along with the thread and it gets much better past the first volume.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Let us all aspire to one day park our Lamborghini in a tree.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
it's another automatic stand.
I do hope the final villain affects things directly with their stand

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Let us all aspire to one day park our Lamborghini in a tree.

I honestly need an explanation for this.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Do Not Pursue Akefu

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

89 year old master tactician placing a newspaper ad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Manga Thread - Seriously, 89 years old