Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Magical Trans has a new chapter and there isn't anything really groundbreaking in it, but I just wanted to share this:

The same author also a new genderswap manga (MC gets his gender changed for a year in a 'medical trial', and is rolling with it; see pic) out, Otoko Tomodachi Girl.

(also the translator mentions that Magical Trans seems to have been cancelled at 65 chapters, which is kind of disappointing. Ah well!)

edit: OH, also Tadokoro-san, a webmanga i was following for a bit before losing track (and was introduced to from here) seems to have gotten picked up officially, or at least has a new release or something: https://mangadex.org/title/38872/tadokoro-san

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Aug 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I've been reading a real good manwha recently and wasn't sure where to post about it, but this seems like a good home for it.

The Monster Duchess and the Contract Princess is the story of 12 year old Leslie Sperado, second daughter of Marquess Sperado, who was supposed to die at the age of 12.

But she didn't. Having survived being offered as a sacrifice, she puts into motion a plan to secure a happy life for herself, even if she has to fight for it tooth and nail. And she really has to fight for it - her father is upset the sacrifice failed and is planning to sacrifice her again at the next solstice. So Leslie has 6 months to escape her family and find a new home, or else her miraculous escape from death will have been for nothing. Even if it means she has to work with a monster.

Not to spoil things, but the story starts out extremely tragic but only gets better from there. Leslie is very strong and intelligent and its been paying off. The latest chapters have been genuinely heartwarming.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

That comics good, It's a classic fairy tale in tone and structure but it always has this strong band of tension hanging over and around it that makes it exciting to read.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Heres a line comic thats an adaption of a princess leia young adult novel, it has gorgeous art

https://mangadex.org/title/36798/star-wars-leia-organa-ordeal-of-the-princess

It also has a young Holdo being a lazy art school cutie which is neat.

Sharkopath posted:

fashion icon holdo

It's a coming of age story that reminds me of the stuff I really liked about star wars, a strong core of classic fantasy and good simple character moments. Check it out maybe.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Aug 11, 2019

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Now that I think about it though the arts way different, its certainly a different haruichi from haikyuu's even though mangaupdates lists it in their work.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

gnome7 posted:

I've been reading a real good manwha recently and wasn't sure where to post about it, but this seems like a good home for it.

The Monster Duchess and the Contract Princess is the story of 12 year old Leslie Sperado, second daughter of Marquess Sperado, who was supposed to die at the age of 12.

But she didn't. Having survived being offered as a sacrifice, she puts into motion a plan to secure a happy life for herself, even if she has to fight for it tooth and nail. And she really has to fight for it - her father is upset the sacrifice failed and is planning to sacrifice her again at the next solstice. So Leslie has 6 months to escape her family and find a new home, or else her miraculous escape from death will have been for nothing. Even if it means she has to work with a monster.

Not to spoil things, but the story starts out extremely tragic but only gets better from there. Leslie is very strong and intelligent and its been paying off. The latest chapters have been genuinely heartwarming.

Rip Snowman Boat Cookie

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dude was born to be a big brother

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Right? Bethrion rules, he's so nice to his new little sister

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Been several new chapters of Haru And Midori over the past few days, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Feel like it's managing its tone really well.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Very relatable.
Also thanks for the recommendations, especially the latter one - I just added it to my wish-list on baka-updates.

Speaking of that, I've finally gotten around to going through every manga tagged with either yuri or shoujo ai on baka-updates, so now I can finally keep better track of the new stuff that gets added but doesn't end up widely available.
This sort of tends to happen when there's a site particular groups don't want their scans uploaded to, but they still add their scanlations to baka-updates; which is actually the reason why I started using it in the first place.. So it's a bit of a mystery how it's taken me this long to get through all of them, but I think I might've gotten distracted.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

gnome7 posted:

I feel like it's less tragic at the start that it is...cartoonish? It's kind of hard to take seriously because the abuse is SO over the top and one dimensional, and then Leslie somehow just flips a switch in her head is somehow way more competent and scheming than her abusers in a way feels way too convenient and kind of unearned. I guess it kind of wanted to get it out of the way for the setup/pitch though.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Nate RFB posted:

I feel like it's less tragic at the start that it is...cartoonish? It's kind of hard to take seriously because the abuse is SO over the top and one dimensional, and then Leslie somehow just flips a switch in her head is somehow way more competent and scheming than her abusers in a way feels way too convenient and kind of unearned. I guess it kind of wanted to get it out of the way for the setup/pitch though.

That's fair, cartoonishly evil is more accurate than really tragic. I couldn't think of a word for why the blatant child abuse wasn't as harsh to read as it probably should be, and 'cartoonish' is that word. We also never really see Leslie from the before-times, so its easy to assume she's always been competent but didn't see how to break out of her cage until she realized she wasn't in a cage, she was in a death trap, and escape was now required.

New chapter is up, now with stronger snowman cookies.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

quote:

The only thing he truly desires but of course would never admit is to get hugged by her buff arms.

Hell, same.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Kannou Sensei got a lot more... the way that it is since I last read it lol

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
and by the way that it is i mean horny for feet

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
tfw you know what someone is reading from a single panel :smug:

e: look at this poo poo dis it has a prequel and none of it has been scanned https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=155103

a literal crime

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 13, 2019

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's important to keep things categorized.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

tfw you know what someone is reading from a single panel :smug:

e: look at this poo poo dis it has a prequel and none of it has been scanned https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=155103

a literal crime

have you read their delinquent romance that's bundled with a single dad romance? i really liked it

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/shodensha_DR/status/1160056919236599808

there's finally a straight romance manga i can look forward to

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

DisDisDis posted:

have you read their delinquent romance that's bundled with a single dad romance? i really liked it

yeah that one is fun, the delinquent guy cracks me up

this kind of gap moe slays me

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

the vampire yuri updated again. no, not that one. the other one.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
it's ya girl aria

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Wow, Vampeerz, My Peer Vampires, has a much more stylish presentation than I would expect from a gay vampire girlfriend manga

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

gnome7 posted:

New chapter is up, now with stronger snowman cookies.
That was a cute scene but this and Leslie having read multiple philosophers and having such a comparably deep understanding of history is starting to make me think she's going to dip into mary sue territory here.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Cephas posted:

Wow, Vampeerz, My Peer Vampires, has a much more stylish presentation than I would expect from a gay vampire girlfriend manga
Well, it's by Higashiyama Shou who used to publish under the circle name Quasar - and who people in this thread might remember as being the mangaka behind Stretch.
I don't recommend looking into what else they've done.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They did Prism too which was good until it got cancelled but otherwise uh yeah

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

They did Prism too which was good until it got cancelled but otherwise uh yeah
Oh, was it cancelled because of the publisher? There was an unconfirmed rumor going around at one point that the author just got tired of the series, but it's another thing entirely if it was the publisher who cancelled it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well it got canned because they got caught tracing or at least that was my understanding of it at the time.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Yeah, prism got cancelled cause of the tracing scandal. It's why the author does stuff under a different name now. Shame too, prism was good.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
I approve of dumb, horny vampire mom.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Follow the arrow to find more Still Sick

Congrats, you found it!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Snooze Cruise posted:

Follow the arrow to find more Still Sick

Congrats, you found it!

Yeah, this part was great

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

D. Ebdrup posted:

Well, it's by Higashiyama Shou who used to publish under the circle name Quasar - and who people in this thread might remember as being the mangaka behind Stretch.
I don't recommend looking into what else they've done.

When you say that did you not mean prism, then?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

https://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=7358

That's a pretty yikes list of credits.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
*feigning shock* the guy who penned the most recent chapter of the vampire manga (not that one, the other one) has these kind of credits?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

"Japanese Preteen Suite" JFC

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

literally every author of every manga discussed in this thread has credits almost exactly like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i looked up the credits of the kaguya and komi san authors to see if i could get a cheap dunk in but it turns out this is not the case