Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Hell, if your watermelon bursts enough, you can put the pieces into your plastic bag together with the street dirt now glued to it.

Eating watermelons garnished with crud and filth while simultaneously destroying the environment with your plastic garbage: Being a double piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Perestroika posted:

I think the idea is that the watermelon burst, and the plastic bag allowed him to transport it without the fluids leaking. Which admittedly is like the one occasionally handy thing about plastic bags. Still not worth it, tho.

Please tell him that Rewe sells nice durable Einkaufstaschen aus recycled Kunstoff for 50 cents or something. They are wasserdicht and large enough for a Melone.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/AfDLindemann/status/1161161843001438208?s=20

Turns out that the US not only have nucular nuclear weapons stored here, but atomaric ones as well! :ohdear:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
A broken clock moment for this AfD guy. Besides the weird typo.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Guess from which seriöse Zeitung this article introduction is taken:

Die Begeisterung für Greta Thunberg erweist sich als Kehrseite des Populismus à la Trump: Beides wurzelt im Misstrauen gegenüber etablierten Eliten.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Ranking in order of probability: NZZ, FAZ, Welt, Focus, Zeit

Komödienvariante: taz being kantig

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Österreichische Freunderlwirtschaft in Zahlen:

https://twitter.com/arminwolf/status/1161567339311222784?s=21

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Zwille posted:

Ranking in order of probability: NZZ, FAZ, Welt, Focus, Zeit

Komödienvariante: taz being kantig

:wrong: It's from the Süddeutsche.

It's not even an article, it's a commentary written by an idiot. It's also full of factual errors, thanks to the author literally being Mega-Dolt.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Someone absolutely tore into even Grüne for the Umwelt policies they sell as "radical". Like lower CO2-Steuer than the Rückversicherer are fordering etc. So in a way it's true. If someone in power was actually doing something people wouldn't be looking to a teenager with correct opinions as the messiah

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Libluini posted:

:wrong: It's from the Süddeutsche.

It's not even an article, it's a commentary written by an idiot. It's also full of factual errors, thanks to the author literally being Mega-Dolt.

Ah, i wanted to do the big reveal :(

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Ah poo poo, Süddeutsche. I always completely forget about them.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Do you have quotes/articles on this? It is totally believable, I'm just curious on who said this, and how.

That was in regards to the free ÖPNV article posted earlier.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

SZ is occasionally good for amusing dumb hot takes. Like that one a month of two ago about a headhunter who spent a couple of pages getting very :bahgawd: because the loving kids today are no longer willing to move halfway across the country for a lovely job that pays a pittance.

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Aug 14, 2019

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Why don't we just introduce a 10 cent plastic bag charge? That way most people will remember to bring an old bag to reuse and if you really need one you can still buy it.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Perestroika posted:

SZ is occasionally good for amusing dumb hot takes. Like that one a month of two ago about a headhunter who spent a couple of pages getting very :bahgawd: because the loving kids today are no longer willing to move halfway across the country for a lovely job that pays a pittance.

Lmao I remember this one

Also, we already have a Plastiksackstrafgebühr hier in Switzerland, they’re no longer free. I admit that I do sometimes buy one, but it’s a very rare occurrence.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

suck my woke dick posted:

Why don't we just introduce a 10 cent plastic bag charge? That way most people will remember to bring an old bag to reuse and if you really need one you can still buy it.

Who except the Bundesbank cares about a few cent?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I can't even remember a time when plastic bags were free. Is there still some magical petrol wunderland where you can get free nature-killers?

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

System Metternich posted:

https://twitter.com/AfDLindemann/status/1161161843001438208?s=20

Turns out that the US not only have nucular nuclear weapons stored here, but atomaric ones as well! :ohdear:

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Libluini posted:

I can't even remember a time when plastic bags were free. Is there still some magical petrol wunderland where you can get free nature-killers?

I don't think plastic bags were ever free in supermarkets, but you used to get them a lot in places like Müller or Karstadt or smaller shops. Nowadays you still sometimes get one, but it really depends on what you're buying and where.

In terms of CO2 and resource use, plastic bags aren't that bad by the way. The problem is where they go after you use them.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
the very thin white plastic bags for fruits and veggies are (were?) free

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

suck my woke dick posted:

Ausländergoon gave himself away. Guards!

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Opferwurst posted:

Ausländergoon gave himself away. Guards!

I haven't shopped in Germany for years but last time I did everyone was just using the free lovely vegetable plastic bags for everything small and a free C&A bag for everything big?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don't get me started on grocery shopping in Germany

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
Please don't touch the groceries, oliwan. You might hurt them.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

oliwan posted:

Don't get me started on grocery shopping in Germany

no, please, do go on

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Please do a comparative rant and include Switzerland tia

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

:munch:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Please remember praising the Berliner Naturell while also being offended by their rudeness.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Der Südwesten mal wieder weltweit in den Schlagzeilen

https://twitter.com/sternde/status/1160969933314039809

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/12/world/europe/germany-police-rare-bird-vigilantes.html

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Lieber Gans Shooting als Mass Shooting :haw:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

A GROUSE IS DEAD

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Ihr seid doch allesamt Heuchler. Für den Auerhahn habt ihr Erbarmen, doch wer von euch weinte für die Wassermelone? :colbert:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I will not be goaded into this again. Doing groceries in Germany is horrible. The supermarkets are bad. We all know it. Last time I was flamed because I expected supermarkets in Germany to carry black beans. The miles of satchels with saltpowder are sickening. Many supermarket don't even have lovingshopping baskets and germandythink this is totally normal. lol. No more.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

oliwan posted:

I will not be goaded into this again. Doing groceries in Germany is horrible. The supermarkets are bad. We all know it. Last time I was flamed because I expected supermarkets in Germany to carry black beans. The miles of satchels with saltpowder are sickening. Many supermarket don't even have lovingshopping baskets and germandythink this is totally normal. lol. No more.

Come to Köln, all the grocery stores here have shopping baskets because the aisles are technically too narrow for shopping carts, so there's like 3-5 Alibi carts, total, that no one uses except for the Omas using them as Gehhilfen

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr posted:

Come to Köln

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

oliwan posted:

Many supermarket don't even have lovingshopping baskets and germandythink this is totally normal.
w-hat

seriously what in the gently caress. where in germany did you exist that you not only experienced this but came away with thinking this happens in "many"? i have literally never ever seen a supermarket without push carts, and even then all of them had little carry baskets too. were you in bavaria or schwabenland?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Since I can't use my balcony anymore, I figured I might as well send a chili update:

Let's see if awful app can handle these uploads.

An angry reaper with a legit Satan's Ringelschwänzchen.

Chocolate Habaneros looking extra chocolatey.

I'm so drat happy the Red Habanero I emergency-splinted pulled through. I think she might be strong enough to remove the splint by now. :3:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm so drat happy the Red Habanero I emergency-splinted pulled through. I think she might be strong enough to remove the splint by now. :3:

omg plant medicine :kimchi:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mithaldu posted:

w-hat

seriously what in the gently caress. where in germany did you exist that you not only experienced this but came away with thinking this happens in "many"? i have literally never ever seen a supermarket without push carts, and even then all of them had little carry baskets too. were you in bavaria or schwabenland?

I remember having to stop in Berlin once when I was traveling back home from Stralsund. There are some faint memories of walking into some sort of tiny fake supermarket at the main train station and seeing no shopping carts anywhere. To be fair, they wouldn't have fit the tiny aisles anyway.

Wait a minute, isn't Oliwan from Berlin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

maybe oliwan is 4"9' and thinks a normal konsum is a super market?

Libluini posted:

I remember having to stop in Berlin once when I was traveling back home from Stralsund.
heeey, what were you doing in my home town? :)