Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stenis
Jun 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
What exactly happens in the last few pages of the latest chapter? I can't parse it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Stenis posted:

What exactly happens in the last few pages of the latest chapter? I can't parse it

Looks like just a big explosion from Shiragaki using his power.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Chaos option: Name a good world leader :twisted:

*in extremely 2020 voice* Bernie Sanders

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
In an extremely 2024 voice: Alexa

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Slightly Absurd posted:

I still think it's weird that Eraserhead wastes his time being a teacher. I'd imagine in a world like that, people would pay top dollar to have a dude with a quirk like his on staff for security for people on the top level like presidents and kings. Because obviously the biggest threat to any top official is going to be some nutjob with a crazy quirk, and Eraserhead could stop probably most of them almost instantly

This same argument is even more applicable for Shinsou. The government should just keep him as a secret weapon to use against the most dangerous opponents, since he basically has an auto-win button against anyone who isn't already aware of his quirk. Eraserhead can act as an equalizer against most individual people, but Shinsou can flat-out win against anyone who doesn't know who they're up against.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I still think that Shinso should take an elective course in makeup and costuming for disguising himself just so that villains can't see him coming.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I feel like once villains are aware of the risk then they will be a lot more careful about speaking.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

I feel like once villains are aware of the risk then they will be a lot more careful about speaking.

A villain in this manga being unable to monologue for hours? They'd defeat themselves.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

To be totally sure, they'd have to never speak out loud again, and good luck with that.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Either that or communicate purely over radio even in person which has it's own issues.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Ytlaya posted:

This same argument is even more applicable for Shinsou. The government should just keep him as a secret weapon to use against the most dangerous opponents, since he basically has an auto-win button against anyone who isn't already aware of his quirk. Eraserhead can act as an equalizer against most individual people, but Shinsou can flat-out win against anyone who doesn't know who they're up against.

Eh, that's not really useful as a bodyguard. Imagine I'm coming up on a president or king, intent on blasting him with my quirk, Red Hot Chili Peppers, which lets me shoot red hot chilies at supersonic speeds at targets. Before I take my shot, his bodyguard notices me, and says... what? "Hey, what's your name?" "Your fly is down." "Yo mama's so fat, her quirk distorts spacetime." It's hard to think of a situation where I'd stop to talk to the guy in suits and shades before doing my thing. And if he's just hypnotizing everyone near the primary target who looks suspicious, it's gonna come out real quick just what his bodyguard's quirk is.

He'd be a fantastic hostage negotiator, though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mystic Mongol posted:

Eh, that's not really useful as a bodyguard. Imagine I'm coming up on a president or king, intent on blasting him with my quirk, Red Hot Chili Peppers, which lets me shoot red hot chilies at supersonic speeds at targets. Before I take my shot, his bodyguard notices me, and says... what? "Hey, what's your name?" "Your fly is down." "Yo mama's so fat, her quirk distorts spacetime." It's hard to think of a situation where I'd stop to talk to the guy in suits and shades before doing my thing. And if he's just hypnotizing everyone near the primary target who looks suspicious, it's gonna come out real quick just what his bodyguard's quirk is.

He'd be a fantastic hostage negotiator, though.

You forget that this is anime, where talking is a free action and doesn't cost time.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

[Red Hot Chili Peppers] is definitely more of a Stand name than a quirk.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

PMush Perfect posted:

[Red Hot Chili Peppers] is definitely more of a Stand name than a quirk.

I mean, given that it's literally a stand name, sure. (I just love it as a power name so much)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It is me, I am the fool!

Quick, recovery/subject change, let's rename canon Quirks as though they were Stands! Kirishima's is [Can’t Stop The Rock].

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

It is me, I am the fool!

Quick, recovery/subject change, let's rename canon Quirks as though they were Stands! Kirishima's is [Can’t Stop The Rock].

Re-destro's is [Under Pressure].

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hagakure's is Achtung Baby.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Rhonne posted:

Re-destro's is [Under Pressure].
:golfclap:

Shigaraki's is, of course, [Dust In The Wind].

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
And who can forget [Master Exploder].

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Is Kaminari [High Voltage] (AC/DC) or [Danger! High Voltage] (Electric Six)?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Is Kaminari [High Voltage] (AC/DC) or [Danger! High Voltage] (Electric Six)?

[Ride the Lightning]

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ochako - Space is the Place
Kaminari - Brainstorm
Katsuki - Boom Boom
Todoroki - Hot N Cold
Kirishima - The Rocker
Iida - Rocket Man
Mina - Acid Queen
Tsuyu - Frogman
Aoyama - Starman
Ojiro - Monkee
Koda - Talk Talk
Sato - Sugar Sugar
Shoji - Crazy Arms
Jiro - Loudness
Sero - Mr. Cellophane
Tokoyami - Blackbird (alt: Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Black Crow)
Hagakure - Achtung Baby (alt: Invisible Touch)
Mineta - Deep Purple
Momo - Genesis

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

PMush Perfect posted:

:golfclap:

Shigaraki's is, of course, [Dust In The Wind].

Would [Another One Bites the Dust] also be acceptable?

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
geten is [ice ice baby]

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
Is the series off this week also? I'm not seeing anything at the usual places

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
There's spoilers for various series floating around.

ReDestro is defeated but not dead, and he seemingly surrenders to Shigaraki in front of his confused followers

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
ah, I didn't know! thank you

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

raocow posted:

Is the series off this week also? I'm not seeing anything at the usual places

I think a usual leaker got jailed

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
MS translation is up:
https://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/239/6109/1

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

MS just dropped the latest chapter: https://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/239/6109/1

EFB

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The lightbulb at the end though

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Well I wasn’t expecting him to actually surrender. Lol if Shiggy asks for money and next chapter is them doing a slice of life of them going to restaurants getting food.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
That is one way to stop the disintegration o-o

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Jesus, this is / was a good arc.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Hori is really on his game artwise

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Injustice League Unlimited

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Hmm yes that hits those victory storybeats just right. I can't help but be glad Shigaraki won. I'm assuming Shigaraki isn't going to be able to pull off that WMD attack on demand because otherwise, uhhh. I wonder how they are going to spin this to the outside world.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Is Shigaraki about to throw a One Piece style victory party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Huh, real shame Curious went and got splated seeing as the rest of her allies are seemingly joining up with the League.