Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Randler posted:

Im Wesentlichen nimmt keine Partei in Deutschland BDS als legitim war.

https://www.bundestag.de/dokumente/textarchiv/2019/kw20-de-bds-642892

Da gibt es einen passenden Bundestagsbeschluss zu aus dem Mai. :)

I guess Germany feels Israel is entitled to a freebie when it comes to committing genocides of their own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

It's been quite a tradition since Adenauer to accept Israel in any shape or form and at best express mild concerns when they do something that might be considered questionable from any point of view. Also, they are valuable customers in various ways.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

gently caress, I just remembered that shitstorm some years back when Günter Grass was like "maybe we of all people shouldn't be selling weapons to a country engaging in apartheid and warmongering" and just about everyone immediately lost their poo poo.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Olaf Scholz sorgt sich um den Absturz der SPD und kandidiert als Vorsitzender, um das Ganze wieder etwas zu beschleunigen.

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/politik/spd-spitze-olaf-scholz-1.4565637

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Perestroika posted:

gently caress, I just remembered that shitstorm some years back when Günter Grass was like "maybe we of all people shouldn't be selling weapons to a country engaging in apartheid and warmongering" and just about everyone immediately lost their poo poo.

Yeah, why wont people just let the SS-member hate the Jews in peace, so rude.

I also like the part where refusing entry to an antisemitic American is genocide

Peggotty fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Aug 16, 2019

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Germany is the only country in the world where the left and the hard right agree on Israel, it's fascinating

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

cebrail posted:

I also like the part where refusing entry to an antisemitic American is genocide

Hahahahahahahahahaha is real?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

oliwan posted:

Hahahahahahahahahaha is real?

No, you see, we was only responsible for reloading the tank, not for shooting, so he did not commit any crimes and it would be unfair to assume guilt by association.

(*** This is what Günther Grass actually believes ***)

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

believed, he's häuting Zwiebeln in the great beyond now after all

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Meanwhile:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

cebrail posted:

stop lying rear end in a top hat

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Ritznit posted:

Meanwhile:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Ritznit posted:

Meanwhile:

https://twitter.com/praemandatum/status/1162385251559256064

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Ritznit posted:

Meanwhile:

Came here to post this, lol. Oh well, have it anyway:

because "Bundesrepublik Deutschland" improves it imo

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
1996: das Internet wird die Menschen vereinen, es wird Grenzen einreißen und zu einer neuen Aufklärung führen.
2019: #titten

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Bei mir trenden leider weder #DickeTitten noch #Kartoffelsalat, aber dafür #Maria 2.0.

Hatte schon fast vergessen, dass es die Bewegung noch gibt.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Lots of Israel critics in this thread. I am intrigued.

cebrail posted:

Poor Grass never understood why people were so upset about him making a poem about the favourite poster of his youth. At least there always will be an antisemite willing to save his Butt.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

It is also my first instinct to post OG antisemitic nazi propaganda at the drop of a hat when the topic of antisemitism comes up. That's normal

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Einbauschrank posted:

Lots of Israel critics in this thread. I am intrigued.

Israel loving sucks, there is a reason why it loves Trump so much, and why trump loves Israel so much. If you support Israel, you agree with trump. Let that one sink in.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

And you agree with the actual literal Nazis. The ones with the swastika armpatch.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Israel has decisively won the IP conflict anyway. So, you can stay mad at Israel and run the risk of being blacklisted as an antisemite but much like with climate you won't change anything. :shrug:

Given that it's ultimately the result of British colonial policy, from a tactical perspective I suggest you at least consider channeling your anger towards productive Anti-Angloism. :hundi:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

cebrail posted:

And you agree with the actual literal Nazis. The ones with the swastika armpatch.

Right now, Israel is so far gone, their leaders are probably hiding swastika tattoos under their clothes.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

cebrail posted:

can you stop lying for one second you rear end in a top hat?

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

The Nazis are pretty clear on what they think of the Jewish state, there's no need to lie about that.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Randler posted:

Israel has decisively won the IP conflict anyway. So, you can stay mad at Israel and run the risk of being blacklisted as an antisemite but much like with climate you won't change anything. :shrug:

Given that it's ultimately the result of British colonial policy, from a tactical perspective I suggest you at least consider channeling your anger towards productive Anti-Angloism. :hundi:

Agreed, and also lol at the fact that someone actually bought the Pickelhaubensmugdog (finally), and also named it hundi

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
Ach, haben wir mal wieder die "Antizionismus vs Antisemitimus"-Debatte?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

cebrail posted:

The Nazis are pretty clear on what they think of the Jewish state, there's no need to lie about that.

Yeah, they think it's awesome and want more of it!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

No debate. Just some random fascist kramering into the thread trolling very badly

goethe42
Jun 5, 2004

Ich sei, gewaehrt mir die Bitte, in eurem Bunde der Dritte!

Libluini posted:

No debate. Just some random fascist kramering into the thread trolling very badly

Sorry, I'm confused, which one was the fascist? Oliwan, because he likes BDS? Perestroika, because he brought up Grass? Cebrail, because he likes calling people Nazi? Einbauschrank, because he made fun of Grass and posted a Nazi-propaganda poster as part of that? Randler, because his avatar eagle wears a Roland Freisler-tribute hat?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Einbauschrank, because he's a fascist

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Alternatively, if you have to ask, the answer is always you. :smugbird:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

but doctor... I’m the fascist

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Ilhan Omar def has an established longstanding pattern of posting/saying dubious poo poo about ze jews and I don't wanna see what she would put out if she wasn't getting pushback on it every time. You can't blame her for strongly identifying / siding with the Palestinians but you shouldn't pretend that the poo poo she's saying isn't borderline. German commitment / debt to Israel kinda transcends their colonial policy, which obvs sucks. I know you all have just been waiting with bated breath for my dumb hot take on this and furthermore

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Jerusalem has some really drat good restaurants, please don't hate me now.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

aphid_licker posted:

Ilhan Omar def has an established longstanding pattern of posting/saying dubious poo poo about ze jews and I don't wanna see what she would put out if she wasn't getting pushback on it every time. You can't blame her for strongly identifying / siding with the Palestinians but you shouldn't pretend that the poo poo she's saying isn't borderline. German commitment / debt to Israel kinda transcends their colonial policy, which obvs sucks. I know you all have just been waiting with bated breath for my dumb hot take on this and furthermore

It absolutely was not and I can't see how anyone can come to the conclusion in good faith. And Germany-Israel relations are one of the dumbest political things on the planet.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

genericnick posted:

I can't see how anyone can come to the conclusion in good faith

Oh my, I wonder why that is!

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

genericnick posted:

It absolutely was not and I can't see how anyone can come to the conclusion in good faith. And Germany-Israel relations are one of the dumbest political things on the planet.

Yes.

If you don't side or identify with Palestine you either:

1) are being wilfully dense
2) have no heart / are evil
3) don't argue in good faith.

Trump is all of the above, and Germany works with him and arms Israel to carry out their genocide of Muslims and to construct their apartheid regime. It's despicable.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can someone do the two arms meme with trump on the left side and Germany on the right side and killing Muslims in the middle East in the middle please.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Double post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

please everyone come to my seminar next week

e: translated abstract for our Englisch goons