Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

feedmyleg posted:

It is Boba Fett.

Sure, he has a different name, but this is clearly Favreau going "Man, the prequels really took away the mystique of the silent, badass bounty hunter I'd always imagined that character to be. I'll just file the serial numbers off and make a Boba Fett show that can circumvent all that backstory."

This gives more agency to Favreau than I think he deserves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

(I've also heard of roles which were advertised as "... similar to [actor name]" and that actor went for the role and didn't get it. :v:)

You'll see a lot of stories of actors hearing "get me a [that actor's name] type" and trying to get the role, then losing out to somebody else.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

married but discreet posted:

I really wish I was Werner Herzog. He is living the best life.

His texting documentary didn't seem like a good time.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

LesterGroans posted:

I remember someone saying Herzog had a lot of fun doing Jack Reacher, mostly because he wanted to see how a big budget action movie was shot. He's also done cartoon voice over and sitcom cameos in recent years, so I wouldn't be surprised if he just did some of this stuff out of curiosity for how it's done.

yeah whenever you think "oh man how did they get Werner Herzog" just remember that he has been on episodes of The Boondocks, American Dad, Rick and Morty, and a season of Metalocalypse. (which means he has much better taste in animated television than David Lynch, who was a supporting voice on the loving Cleveland Show for multiple years.)

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

DC Murderverse posted:

yeah whenever you think "oh man how did they get Werner Herzog" just remember that he has been on episodes of The Boondocks, American Dad, Rick and Morty, and a season of Metalocalypse. (which means he has much better taste in animated television than David Lynch, who was a supporting voice on the loving Cleveland Show for multiple years.)

WHY???

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

here we go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZKqMVPlDg8

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait what the gently caress why

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

img-michael_scott_no.gif

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hell yes

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
I mean if you're not willing to give Vince Gilligan the benefit of the doubt, I don't know what to tell you. Better Call Saul is even better than Breaking Bad in the first place.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
How involved is he exactly with Better Call Saul compared to Breaking Bad?

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

f#a# posted:

I mean if you're not willing to give Vince Gilligan the benefit of the doubt, I don't know what to tell you. Better Call Saul is even better than Breaking Bad in the first place.

Exactly.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

How involved is he exactly with Better Call Saul compared to Breaking Bad?

He is heavily involved. He's co-showrunner with Pete Gould.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Vince Gilligan died because it took too long for his Reverso fans to find him.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I'll reserve judgment until I see the runtime.

Edit - 2 hrs 2 minutes. It'll be good.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah BCS rules.

But I prefer the Jimmy scenes and none of the origins of BB characters.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 25, 2019

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

f#a# posted:

Agreed, but it's so close to being called El Camino: A Breaking Bad Story that it doesn't help.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Timeless Appeal posted:

Agreed, but it's so close to being called El Camino: A Breaking Bad Story that it doesn't help.

Shoulda went The Fast and Furious Route. Breaking Bad Presents: El Camino

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Nice touch having Hank and Steve's pictures on the wall by the door there.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
This ain't yer grandpa's Disney Channel Original Movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2ZDDU34gYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBDnQkQUTGU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Executive stands up at table, "Ladies and gentlemen... for our Christmas movie to launch Disney+ what if we remade The Santa Clause... but also Elf?!"

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

The Peccadillo posted:

This ain't yer grandpa's Disney Channel Original Movies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBDnQkQUTGU
Ya know, I had avoided clicking on this trailer based on the thumbnail because I was expecting a corny Hallmark Channel-style romantic holiday movie. I was way off. I actually chuckled at quite a few of the jokes in that trailer, so who am I to write it off. I gotta say, Disney+ is really coming in hot with a bunch of original content.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Did Werner Herzog actually appear in an episode of SpongeBob?

Also, the real Disney+ news is the new season of Lizzie McGuire with Hillary Duff returning.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Written by Andrew Bujalski as in Mutual Appreciation, Computer Chess, Support The Girls Andrew Bujalski?!

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Teenage Fansub posted:

Written by Andrew Bujalski as in Mutual Appreciation, Computer Chess, Support The Girls Andrew Bujalski?!

They’ve been doing this recently, Alex Ross Perry just write some Winnie the Pooh thing for them

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

morestuff posted:

They’ve been doing this recently, Alex Ross Perry just write some Winnie the Pooh thing for them

also, Stephen Chbosky (Perks of Being a Wallflower) wrote the Beauty and the Beast remake. David Lowery wrote/directed Pete's Dragon.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

feedmyleg posted:

You'll see a lot of stories of actors hearing "get me a [that actor's name] type" and trying to get the role, then losing out to somebody else.

On the flip side there's the time Mel Brooks was making Blazing Saddles he advertised for a "Frankie Laine type" to sing the theme song and Blaine himself took the gig and sung the hell out of the song and Brooks didn't have the heart to tell him it was a spoof movie. :v:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

DC Murderverse posted:

also, Stephen Chbosky (Perks of Being a Wallflower) wrote the Beauty and the Beast remake. David Lowery wrote/directed Pete's Dragon.

Wait.
There was a Pete's Dragon live action remake? What the hell happened that I don't remember it at all?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

Wait.
There was a Pete's Dragon live action remake? What the hell happened that I don't remember it at all?
They actually showed some restraint in how they sold it. They didn't try to oversell it as a big blockbuster.

It's okay!

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPOamb6d_20

"skippable" is probably on the back of the DVD inside a gold wreath

E: also that sounds exactly like the Claire de lune Godzilla 2 trailer music, definitely from the same package of trailer scores

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_n2FDZrb5xWJw_aYBCD23WNmF0YAKnxXQM

Zimmer rear end

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 25, 2019

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

:psyduck: I googled it, it was in 2016 and I don't remember ever seeing a single poster over here. Wow.

The Peccadillo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPOamb6d_20

"skippable" is probably on the back of the DVD inside a gold wreath

So this was another Dinosaur-esque movie were people just forgot it existed?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

It's literally a movie in the vein of the Lady and The Tramp and Noelle movies they're premiering on their streaming service, aka "we somehow accidentally made a movie cheaper than $250 million and we're horribly confused on how to sell anything that cheap to make so we're dumping them out there."

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The Cameo posted:

It's literally a movie in the vein of the Lady and The Tramp and Noelle movies they're premiering on their streaming service, aka "we somehow accidentally made a movie cheaper than $250 million and we're horribly confused on how to sell anything that cheap to make so we're dumping them out there."

They've constantly been making attempts to re-monetize their back catalogue of beloved animated films and they've been trying to perfect their formula of creating live action remakes since at least the mid 90s, it's bizarre that they're still so bad at promoting them.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n1T3HxHd7Y

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I will see this movie opening day.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

teagone posted:

:same:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

teagone posted:

I will see this opening weekend, and wade into online arguments with wild claims about how it's superseded The Last Jedi as the best Star Wars.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Not giving a single dollar to Disney.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Not giving a single dollar to Disney.

Is that one ticket or two, sir?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU