Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

grieving for Gandalf posted:

just watched a YouTube video theorizing that it's Josuke whose Stand will evolve into King Crimson and I'll be honest, I would mark out if that were true
What if he went into explicit detail on how exactly it worked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

grieving for Gandalf posted:

just watched a YouTube video theorizing that it's Josuke whose Stand will evolve into King Crimson and I'll be honest, I would mark out if that were true

oh yeah I guess I got the same video recommendation from a channel with just three videos.

Been looking for theories too, because at this point I kind of feel out to sea with Jojolion and not sure how much more I could follow without some guesses as to where it's going. This AeonStar guy basically speculates the rest of Jojolion and most of it seems reasonable, but I think the King Crimson thing is kind of a stretch. Tsuragi's abilities is not like skipping time at all no matter how many king crimson sound effects you add while describing them.

I was kind of more intrigued by the idea of the general outline of the rest of the chapters sounding like pretty good ideas, and of Kaato as a main villain instead of Jobin.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I've been banking on Caato as the final boss for years now. Jobin's too much of a loser (though not as much a loser as Diavolo.)

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I agree on Caato being the final boss in the end, and the structure for how the family will be divided but stand with Josuke. I just really liked the bit about Josuke embodying the self-sacrificial spirit of the Higashikata family and leveling up his Stand and matching their names

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i feel like trying to predict where jojolion will go is a bit silly given how araki writes, it's not something like one piece where you can really pick up a trail of clues

but yeah josuke getting a King Stand and embracing his last name would be dope. all i want tho is for Caato to be the final boss and Yasuho to not die. maybe for Karea to do something cool too

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

i feel like trying to predict where jojolion will go is a bit silly given how araki writes, it's not something like one piece where you can really pick up a trail of clues

but yeah josuke getting a King Stand and embracing his last name would be dope. all i want tho is for Caato to be the final boss and Yasuho to not die. maybe for Karea to do something cool too

I gotta reread soon. I forgot who Karera was and thought it was the maid chick who works in the Higashikata house that we haven't heard from in years

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Josuke is going to get Killer Queen and be able to shoot explosive bubbles like Kira at the end of Part 4.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

given how stands can be a bit more fluid in part 7 i'm surprised we haven't seen any overt stand fuckery in 8 yet

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Can Of Worms posted:

The stand's head reminds of The Hand, therefore the doctor's identity is Okayasu.

Yeah, that was very cool

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

TheLoneStar posted:

What if he went into explicit detail on how exactly it worked?

Just steal HxH’s explanation of Tserriednich’s nen ability imo.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Stopped reading JOJOLION a while back to let it build up and starting from chapter 1 again so I can remember what's actually happening as I read.

Anyway been listening to a lot of Fleetwood Mac lately and the goon who suggested Landslide as the SBR anime ED is absolutely correct.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Damo Tamaki ain’t dead!!! He will come back and terrorize the Jojolion protagonists!!!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pewdiepie posted:

Damo Tamaki ain’t dead!!! He will come back and terrorize the Jojolion protagonists!!!

You mean antagonists

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

I think he is dead. His head exploded that one etime

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

EmmyOk posted:

Anyway been listening to a lot of Fleetwood Mac lately and the goon who suggested Landslide as the SBR anime ED is absolutely correct.
that's me!!!!

yeah it's a perfect song for an ed. i don't say just because johnny dies by rocks falling

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

yeah actually they will posted:

I think he is dead. His head exploded that one etime

He was using <Vitamin C> to make his own head more gooey.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

karera is 89 years old

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I still hold that Karera is a villain or at least a rock person. You cannot introduce rockpeople and have someone named Carrara be unrelated.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

or you know, look like Kars

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

her last name has a similar structure to multiple other rock people's last names, all of them referring to various sendai landmarks, which is probably one of the biggest pieces of evidence maybe pointing to her also being a rock person

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If we hadn't already seen her stand I'd think she was the head doctor.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

RatHat posted:

If we hadn't already seen her stand I'd think she was the head doctor.

Wait, Karera's really 89 years old?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Funky Valentine posted:

Wait, Karera's really 89 years old?

EIGHTY-NINE? That's impossible!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The Boom Boom's say that someone from Italy put the bouny of Gyro and I guess I always thought that was Wekapipo, but it was probably Oyecomova?

i like mine better

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Expect My Mom posted:

The Boom Boom's say that someone from Italy put the bouny of Gyro and I guess I always thought that was Wekapipo, but it was probably Oyecomova?

i like mine better

I always assumed that at the time of writing some as-of-yet unknown villain was supposed to be behind the bounty, but that fell to the wayside when Araki decided to drastically change the plot after the Oyecomova fight. It's significant that after that point Gyro's entire original motivation gradually stops mattering even to him.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I dunno if I'd say that. I know what you mean, but in a broad sense, Gyro is motivated by kindness and sentimentality, the things his father tries to purge from him because they aren't useful, but those things are what drive Gyro up till his final sacrifice. Gyro wanting to save Marco definitely gets swallowed up in the bigger picture, but what drives him still matters. He just won't stop caring about people because he's already caring about someone else

also in the next chapter, Valentine says that Oyecomova was their man so i dunno. Valentine seems to suspect Gyro is also trying to gather the corpse parts since they know he's of Italian "nobility", and that since he's in first place after leaving a Devil's Palm, he has one, but that's not the case correct? Gyro has no real knowledge of the Corpse?

e: Another dumb question this re-read is giving me: What did Johnny getting the Left Arm allow him to do that he couldn't before? He could spin and shoot his nails during the Tomb of the Boom and Oyecomova fight, so did he get the arm sometime during/before the Boom Boom fight and only notice when it did the thing where it fell out of his arm and went back in?

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 25, 2019

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

That's kinda the implication, yeah. When Johnny loses the arm he loses Tusk, so it stands to reason that he picked up the arm earlier and only noticed it when Pork Pie Hat Kid attacked.

The question that bugs me is more about the bit of the spine that Hot Pants leaves in Johnny after...the Civil War fight, I think? Anyway, since Johnny never loses Tusk again, it's implied that he still has it even when the corpse is fully assembled...so how can it be fully assembled if Johnny still has a bit of the spine?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's well-known that humans grow like 10 or so extra vertebrae in case they get knocked out during like an extreme shuffleboard match or whatever the hell, just like how we grow wisdom teeth because the expectation was that we'd end up losing a couple teeth by then at some point earlier in human evolution

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah I just assumed that one vertebrae isn't going to make a difference. Hot Pants could have probably left a finger inside Johnny and it would've still worked

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Miracle of the Loaves & Fishes & Bones

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's gonna be fun to tell anime people that a reference to johnny's dark determination was in the OP for part 1 of the anime all this time

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Expect My Mom posted:

Hot Pants could have probably left a finger inside Johnny and it would've still worked

:pervert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I.....

I don't think binary existed in 1890.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

e: think I missed a joke

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Expect My Mom posted:

Yeah I just assumed that one vertebrae isn't going to make a difference. Hot Pants could have probably left a finger inside Johnny and it would've still worked

Honestly, who wouldn’t want to leave a finger inside Johnny?

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Waffleman_ posted:

I.....

I don't think binary existed in 1890.

Binary systems have been used since hundreds of years before Jesus' time, and if you want 0s and 1s specifically, Leibniz wrote an article about that as early as the 1700s

Also, if you want modern binary logic, Boolean algebra was invented in 1854

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

tiistai posted:

Binary systems have been used since hundreds of years before Jesus' time, and if you want 0s and 1s specifically, Leibniz wrote an article about that as early as the 1700s

Also, if you want modern binary logic, Boolean algebra was invented in 1854

"Now prepare to face the might of my stand, [Digital Love]!!"

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Honestly, who wouldn’t want to leave a finger inside Johnny?

me

he's a jerk

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
i'm reading stone ocean and it's badass. The fights are insane and take a while for me to get through (jumpin' jack flash is tripping me up at the moment) but i love how dynamic they are and how they always devolve into a huge chaotic mess in the end. Jolynes fight with Guess in particular stands out to me, just because of how bizarre and surreal it is. It's the craziest first fight in the series and it sets the pace and tone for everything that follows. I've read up to about the halfway point before, but I was a dumber child than I am now and my smol brain can finally understand stuff like the Manhattan Transfer and Whitesnake fight. Jolyne and the gang are all really fun, and Jotaro is great as always.

I think it's neat seeing his awkward insensitive side here with his daughter, after we had seen him be so emotive and encouraging in DiU (by Jotaro standards, at least). It could be read as the emotional distance between him and the Morioh gang actually allowing him the space and time he needed to establish those healthy and positive relationships. Meanwhile with Jolyne, he loves her and cares so much that he instinctively pulls back to avoid the pain of losing her or being hurt by her (justifiably) lovely opinion on him. He can't be vulnerable around her the same way he could in Morioh. And of course meeting your daughter in prison after years of neglect is never going to be as fun as getting to know your cool uncle and his pals in a charming small town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Stairmaster posted:

me

he's a jerk

rude