Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
There is a green Futuron guy, he came in a City set from a few years ago, in a costume shop.

The blue Futuron guys were fairly common actually, the red and black ones were the rarest. However, the original Space Police guys had the black Futuron torso too so they seem more common than they actually were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

The artist posted it on twitter a while ago: https://twitter.com/bturnerinfo/status/1049754376540176385

The store he points to might be still up or not? I bought a digital print on it but haven't received an e-mail or anything. I'll give it a few more days before contacting the store.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Hah, better late than never with green astronauts. I forgot about the Exo Suit but I had never seen the City guy. The original Space Police probably did end up turning into Futuron dudes and you're right, the red astronauts were limited to a base set and a minifig box. I guess I owned multiple copies of 6703 which would also explain why I had so many Blacktron guys. Ancient mystery solved!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Ineptitude posted:

It almost certainly will be, but like the 2 versions of UCS Falcon the newer one will have a lot more greebling (and as such piece count)

Is there another set with as much "air wrapped in lego" as the original UCS ISD? I really hope they do a much better and sturdier build this time, maybe even with some cool interior. 700 USD is nuts, though. I can only assume Lego is testing the waters of how far they can push it this year. 450$ Liebherr, 250$ 4x4, 700$ UCS ISD...

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Darth TNT posted:

I also wanted that set badly as a kid.
I especially loved those weird white shoulder contraptions, I never had any set with those. No idea what they were supposed to be, but I assumed they were huge shoulder cannons. Very good for your ears probably.

I had Blacktron 2 6832 Super nova and the Allied Avenger 6887 . Those Blacktron cockpits were so badass.

Not to long ago I saw someone on Ebay selling a complete collection of Blacktron 2, the temptation was great but I resisted. :(

My Starwars lego collecting days are mostly over now. I'd still like an Xwing at some point, but beyond that I'm pretty done.

I have both of those plus this thing right here, which is still one of my favorite legos ever. I think that set might be one of the reasons that the galaxy squad sets from a few years ago is what really pulled me back into adult lego.

Giant space vehicles that can combine into other space vehicles or break apart into smaller ones are apparently my jam, and it took this trip down memory lane to figure that out.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
whenever i see a vic viper moc, all i can picture is the hiigaran interceptor from homeworld 2

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Werix posted:

I have both of those plus this thing right here, which is still one of my favorite legos ever. I think that set might be one of the reasons that the galaxy squad sets from a few years ago is what really pulled me back into adult lego.

Giant space vehicles that can combine into other space vehicles or break apart into smaller ones are apparently my jam, and it took this trip down memory lane to figure that out.

Sets like that are still my favorite, too. The Deep Freeze Defender is one of my favorite sets ever.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Hulkbuster set is at Walmart for $83.99: https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Super-Heroes-The-Hulkbuster-Ultron-Edition-76105/502465747

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

Also on Amazon now too!

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

Darth TNT posted:

I had Blacktron 2 6832 Super nova and the Allied Avenger 6887 . Those Blacktron cockpits were so badass.

Not to long ago I saw someone on Ebay selling a complete collection of Blacktron 2, the temptation was great but I resisted. :(

I'm about 2 sets away from owning the complete Blacktron 2 series and it ownsssssssss

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Teaser for a new Star Wars set announcement p much confirms the UCS ISD, to no one's surprise

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Kanine posted:

whenever i see a vic viper moc, all i can picture is the hiigaran interceptor from homeworld 2

Speaking of Homeworld...

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol that's exactly why i was thinking about that

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darth TNT posted:

I especially loved those weird white shoulder contraptions, I never had any set with those. No idea what they were supposed to be, but I assumed they were huge shoulder cannons.

I assumed they were inspired by the MMU backpack the Space Shuttle astronauts used in the ‘80s, but they’re definitely cooler as cannons.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
I think that was something great about that era of Space (and Lego in general to an extent), so much was left up to the imagination! Not like today where everything has named characters and stories. Obviously there was a bit good guy/bad guy thing with Space Police and Blacktron (then later Spyrius) but that was about it.

I figured those backpacks were both jetpacks and weapons. They even showed up in a later Town Space subtheme with tools stuck in them so you could use them as some kind of repair suit too.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Nth Doctor posted:

Mrs. Doctor just told me to take the deep Billys from our living room and get replacements for them at the regular depth. So that's a nice get.

A hair under a year later, and I finally have two deep and tall book cases in my office at work to hold my collection of sets

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anyone want 10226 - Sopwith Camel. 100% complete w/ instructions. No box. $100 shipped seems fair.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I do, but I can't afford it.

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

engessa posted:

The artist posted it on twitter a while ago: https://twitter.com/bturnerinfo/status/1049754376540176385

The store he points to might be still up or not? I bought a digital print on it but haven't received an e-mail or anything. I'll give it a few more days before contacting the store.

I got an e-mail yesterday. Store owner was away on vacation so everything's fine. Digital file is 3300 x 5100 pixels, should be enough for a framed print.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Mars Mission minifig pack (40345) that came out about a month or so ago is already showing up as retired on various countries’ Lego stores.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The_Doctor posted:

The Mars Mission minifig pack (40345) that came out about a month or so ago is already showing up as retired on various countries’ Lego stores.
wait, what the gently caress, why?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Captain Invictus posted:

wait, what the gently caress, why?

No idea, might just be a glitch, but this is the US site: https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/mf-set-lego-city-2019-40345

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Darth TNT posted:

I have that set. :allears: Good times, I loved that ghost.
I also loved how it could connect to other castle pieces.

I had that set. Everyone had that set. drat it was good, and I'm guessing it probably cost like 5 bux in 1988.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

~Coxy posted:

I had that set. Everyone had that set. drat it was good, and I'm guessing it probably cost like 5 bux in 1988.

Probably not even that.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

It’s weird that there are two overlapping promos starting tomorrow. And they are both dollar based so I guess you get both if you spend over $65?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

smackfu posted:

It’s weird that there are two overlapping promos starting tomorrow. And they are both dollar based so I guess you get both if you spend over $65?

Juice Bar and..?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Brickheadz Bumble Bee
https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-september-2019-store-calendar-promotions-events/

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That juice bar set is huge for a free promo that only needs a $50 purchase. Those two free sets combined would probably have an MSRP of around $35

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Plus the School Bus and High School sets are double VIP points this month (whatever that’s worth now?).

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?
I was thinking about the new UCS star destroyer rumors which seemed to be pretty accurate, many attributed the cost to some form of control/power functions features and I'm trying to think what would warrant that.

Unless lego is about to roll out a new scalable lighting system of some sort in this set, I wouldn't mind an official way to light my modulars and such....

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 1, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ZsgJvZrIg

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
:siren:The Star Destroyer in the thumbnail is a MOC, not the official product:siren:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Werix posted:

Who doesn't like combining stuff?
But how does this thing combine with anything?

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

I think that was something great about that era of Space (and Lego in general to an extent), so much was left up to the imagination! Not like today where everything has named characters and stories. Obviously there was a bit good guy/bad guy thing with Space Police and Blacktron (then later Spyrius) but that was about it.

I figured those backpacks were both jetpacks and weapons. They even showed up in a later Town Space subtheme with tools stuck in them so you could use them as some kind of repair suit too.
Even the normal oxygen bottles normal space guys wore were a point of contention. Kid me for the longest time thought they were rocket backpacks.

Not to rag on named characters, because they're great as well for different reasons.
But it does feel like something of a waste when I look at my sons collection and I see 4 Kai's, 2 Lloyds, 2 gold Samurai X and one of each of the others. I know some of the other stuff in the pipeline for his Birthday, he's going to end up with 6 Kai's, 3 Lloyds, 2 Nyas etc. :shrug:
All of those nameless guys from days past may have been a bit boring, but at least they could all work together and you could get an army going.

~Coxy posted:

The world was a better place back then. :unsmith:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Darth TNT posted:

Even the normal oxygen bottles normal space guys wore were a point of contention. Kid me for the longest time thought they were rocket backpacks.

This was settled when they came out with an actual jet pack piece. :v:

The tube with an eye piece being a telescope or laser cannon debate though? That still rages on!

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Darth TNT posted:

Who doesn't like combining stuff?
But how does this thing combine with anything?

So the front cockpit can come off and be connected to the front end that is lower down (you can see this on the pictures of the box), plus that whole ship can detach from the wheeled assembly.

Unrelated just ordered the Hidden Side School and Bus and did qualify for the Juice Bar and the bumble bee. The Fiancee is going to love the later.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Looks like a picture of the UCS ISD box leaked.
It looks dope.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

xzzy posted:

This was settled when they came out with an actual jet pack piece. :v:

The tube with an eye piece being a telescope or laser cannon debate though? That still rages on!

Doesn't it depend on the color of the transpart you put on. :v:

That boxart sells it hard.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

It's beautiful... but man that's a lot of god drat grey.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

sort the parts by color

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Synthbuttrange posted:

sort the parts by color
Two-pile it.
One with grey, one with not-grey.