Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Cody's a cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

No, he’s a future criminal defense attorney, the exact opposite of a cop.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ken, however, absolutely is a cop.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Profiles for the 02 characters:

quote:

Daisuke Motomiya
First year attending a technical school. He is studying everyday to get a cook's license. He's decided on a ramen shop trianing course, using digital gates to fly around to eat noodles and research.

quote:

V-mon
Daisuke's partner Digimon. A small dragon-shaped Digimon with 2 legs. It's a mischevious character, but it's true nature is kindness and a sense of humanity.

quote:

Ken Ichijouji
First year university student studying psychology. He has a strong sense of justice and actively participates in the usual Digimon activities. He also goes on ramen trips with Daisuke.

quote:

Wormmon
Ken's partner Digimon. He's a caterpillar-like Digimon... in the shape of a caterpillar. He is kind and caring, and also innocent. It's special move is Nebaneba Net.

quote:

Miyako Inoue
A second year who studies at a technical university. Currently studying in Spain. Operates a community of chosen children and is actively communicating. Aims to be a mature woman.

quote:

Hawkmon
Miyako's partner Digimon. A bird-shaped Digimon that looks like an eagle. Polite with a calm deposition. He goes for a cool second place, but it often thrown around by Miyako. It's special move is Feather Slash, which rotates blades at a high speed.

quote:

Iori Hida
A second year in high school. He wants to be a lawyer and works hard to study in the law department. For club activities he continues kendo, and pushes along the path he thinks is correct. He is growing tall, and has begun to gain an adult figure.

quote:

Armadimon
Iori's partner Digimon. He's a mammal-type Digimon with a shell. Optimistic, and as strong as it looks. Speaks in a unique Nagoya dialect. It's special move is Rolling Stone, where it puts it's arm and legs in it's shell.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Was Wormmon mistranslated or does “caterpillar-like digimon...in the shape of a caterpillar” mean something beyond being redundant?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

they're just saying he's a caterpillar-like digimon that doesn't look much like anything other than a caterpillar. As opposed to other Digimon that have some other standout quality on top of being based on something. There's always been a sense of downplaying what Wormmon can do to or saying it's nothing special to emphasize the Magikarp-like evolution into Stingmon... or Hudiemon, as the case is in Hacker's Memory.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

they're just saying he's a caterpillar-like digimon that doesn't look much like anything other than a caterpillar. As opposed to other Digimon that have some other standout quality on top of being based on something. There's always been a sense of downplaying what Wormmon can do to or saying it's nothing special to emphasize the Magikarp-like evolution into Stingmon... or Hudiemon, as the case is in Hacker's Memory.

Wormmon > Stingmon is also one of those things that works well primarily within 02's narrative. Because you had Ken ignoring, abusing and stifling Wormmon for a third of the show and being otherwise completely ignorant to his true potential. And it's only after Ken pulls his head out of his rear end and starts treating Wormmon like a partner that he unlocks what was in him this whole time, which is a holy poo poo awesome badass that styles on every other Digimon that appears on the show in two seconds. It almost makes you retroactively glad that Wormmon couldn't evolve during the Digimon Emperor arc, because if Ken had access to Stingmon right from the start of the show, he would have won handily.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jul 29, 2019

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

He also had his crest, so Stingmon could've hit his Ultimate/Perfect form and really styled on everyone.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rudoku posted:

He also had his crest, so Stingmon could've hit his Ultimate/Perfect form and really styled on everyone.

He didn't have it for long, it was used to stop Ken's old base from blowing up if I remember correctly.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Daisuke and Ken's profiles are already better than all of Tri.

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.

Rudoku posted:

when Digimon 02 was first airing I saw pics of Stingmon's ultimate form Dinobeemon and got my hopes up that some point there would be a DNA evolution in the series that switched it so Stingmon was the dominant element and this other form would show up.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7_RNTB0KdU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Okay, this looks neat.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Releasing the Mobage on the west around the same time as Pokemon Masters... The great rivalry will return.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I played some of ReArise when it came out in Japan.

It's more fun than Links was, but it's still a grindy gacha hell game. :shrug:

e: happy Odaiba day, y'all

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Cheapsteaks posted:

when Digimon 02 was first airing I saw pics of Stingmon's ultimate form Dinobeemon and got my hopes up that some point there would be a DNA evolution in the series that switched it so Stingmon was the dominant element and this other form would show up.

And then you look up JewelBeemon and question if he would be a giant jojo reference if he was ever used in a show or game.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

lol cellphone game

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Releasing the Mobage on the west around the same time as Pokemon Masters... The great rivalry will return.

It’s about as much of a “rivalry” as Mario and Sonic have now: one side definitively won long ago and the other has made tentative peace to be allowed to join the other on their hardware.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That thing with Pumpmon and that evolution's silhouette weren't in the Japanese version, I don't think. I wonder what's going on there.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Anyone able to place what that Mega is by the silhouette? Haven't been able to find any of Pumpkinmon's evolutions that match up.

Doc Melonhead
Sep 2, 2018
So, did anyone got the V-pet that was released to English speakers last month?

I already got Omegamon Alt-S and raising a Hackmon for some monthly community event.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
They did an English release?? Curses; it's probably exorbitantly expensive by now?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

jivjov posted:

They did an English release?? Curses; it's probably exorbitantly expensive by now?

Nah $20. Look in Gamestops. or on amazon.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Doc Melonhead posted:

So, did anyone got the V-pet that was released to English speakers last month?

I already got Omegamon Alt-S and raising a Hackmon for some monthly community event.

Yeah I got one, haven't taken it out of the box yet though

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

I got one, but as far as I can tell, perfect and beyond is locked to battling, which uh...
I will be unable to do.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's a vs AI battle mode in this one. Both solo and tag battles.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Moriatti posted:

I got one, but as far as I can tell, perfect and beyond is locked to battling, which uh...
I will be unable to do.

there is inner device battling you can do that fulfills that requirement under the trophy icon. You can only start using it once you have a Rookie Digimon.

My First Digimon is a BlitzGreymon that is still going strong at 20 days even though my second Digimon, a SkullMamothmon, died a couple of days ago. I am wait until BG passes so that way I can start both eggs a lot closer synced

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Presenting, new Digimon from the Digital Monster X ver. 3

Gankoomon X, Examon X, Justimon X, RizeGreymon X, Rapidmon X, Wizarmon X, and Monzaemon X

There's also going to be a Meramon X, Shiisamon X, OmegaShoutmon X, Cyberdramon X, Lopmon X, Pegasmon X, Cherubumon (Virtue) X, Ofanimon X, and Hououmon X. There's two versions, same as always, yellow and blue.

The line-up for each:

quote:

Yellow:
Baby I: Zerimon, Kuramon
Baby II: Gumimon, Tsumemon
Child: Terriermon X, Palmon X, Dorumon, Blucomon, Jazamon, Keramon X
Adult: Siesamon X, Meramon X, Dorugamon, Pteranomon X, Togemon X, Omekamon, Paledramon, Jazardmon
Perfect: OmegaShoutmon X, Cyberdramon X, Dorugreymon, Garudamon X, CannonBeemon, Grademon, Mamemon X, CrysPaledramon, Jazarichmon, Pumpmon
Ultimate: Rapidmon X, Justimon X, Alphamon, Hououmon X, TigerVespamon, Holydramon X, DinoTigermon, Ebemon X, Metallicdramon, Gaioumon, ???, ???
Ultimate [2]: Gankoomon X, Magnamon X, Dynasmon X, Craniummon X, RhodoKnightmon X, Dukemon X, Alphamon Ouryuken, Diablomon X
Ultimate [3]: ???, ???

Blue:
Baby I: Kokomon, Kuramon
Baby II: Chocomon, Tsumemon
Child: Lopmon X, Shakomon X, Ryudamon, Blucomon, Jazamon, Keramon X
Adult: Pegasusmon X, Wizarmon X, Ginryuumon, Tailmon X, Tylomon X, Omekamon, Paledramon, Jazardmon
Perfect: Monzaemon X, RiseGreymon X, Hisyaryumon, Angewomon X, Anomalocarimon, Grademon, Mamemon X, CrysPaledramon, Jazarichmon, Pumpmon
Ultimate: Cherubimon (Good) X, Goddramon X, Ouryuumon, Ophanimon X, Plesiomon X, Holydramon X, DinoTigermon, Ebemon X, Metallicdramon, Gaioumon, ???, ???
Ultimate [2]: Examon X, UlforceVeedramon X, Duftmon X, Sleipmon X, Jesmon X, Omegamon X, Alphamon Ouryuken, Diablomon X
Ultimate [3]: ???, ???

Speculation is that the two secret Ultimates are Blucomon's Ultimate form, CrysPaledramon, and Pumpmon's new Ultimate form from the US release of Re:Arise

EDIT:

Hououmon X and a clearer look at Examon X

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Sep 20, 2019

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Mmm, that's a lot of designs I'm not fond of, but at least Monzaemon and Rapidmon are good.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I kinda like Hououmon X and Monzaemon X.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

That Terriermon and Monzaemon are awesome and that Hououmon should be Hououmon's default look.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

My boy finally has an X form! And I like it! Justimon X is good!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Terriermon X would look 100 times better without the fluffy fur IMO

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

My boy finally has an X form! And I like it! Justimon X is good!

He's more of a Hesei Rider than a Showa Rider now.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Geostomp posted:

He's more of a Hesei Rider than a Showa Rider now.

Well, Heisei Riders tend to be the ones with super modes, not Showa ones. Stronger excluded, but that's unimportant since Justimon is Riderman anyways.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Terriermon X would look 100 times better without the fluffy fur IMO

terriermon and rapidmon both look kinda..bad and rapidmon wasn't great to begin with

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Digimon ReArise is out. Herissmon sounds like Elmo for some reason.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

What truly matters of that is this
https://twitter.com/ABattyResonator/status/1181613466492096512?fbclid=IwAR1CMEmS0ZKfzY8J4XeTPXPNvgdPpYsOj94ku1GG6YLH8hbd6nS1M1fTdpg

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

mateo360 posted:

Digimon ReArise is out. Herissmon sounds like Elmo for some reason.

This is because you need to play with Japanese voice set to ON. He sounds amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Noblepumpkinmon is like a shining beacon of good Digimon design, and Hououmon X is like the shadow that light casts.

That being said I gotta defend my boy Rapidmon and his crotch sphere roid thighs combo to the grave.