Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Speaking of kids there was a good amount of rude youths with climate related signs on the train today, apparently heading for eduskuntatalo as I found out later.

Makes me wonder why we never did protest days when I was a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

bloom posted:

Speaking of kids there was a good amount of rude youths with climate related signs on the train today, apparently heading for eduskuntatalo as I found out later.

Makes me wonder why we never did protest days when I was a kid.

Don't be such a setämies. :rolleyes:

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
En mä voi olla setämies, mulla ei oo ees viiksiä.

uncop
Oct 23, 2010

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Child birth is so low it's even worse than what the forecasts estimated.

Personally I'm blaming the Moomins for bringing anime here.

Laughing my rear end off at anything being "even worse" than this "forecast". I want someone to make a graph of successive forecasts compared to the actual realized trend in the style of the graph about Greek GDP growth forecasts.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I blame the precarization of the workforce, myself. You study in university for 5-7 years and then you're 28 and find a partner and thinking about having kids, but uh oh, living in the cities where the jobs are is super expensive, and you can only get work for 1 to 24 months at a time. People these days are too conscientious and cautious to have kids in a situation like that.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Hey let's have a serious discussion about the pitfalls of capitalism and oh why not also uh... :eng99: :biotruths:
https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10994548

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
uhhhh excuse me but what about the Chads

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
do fincels have a Finnish translation for Chad and Stacy

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Jorma ja Pinja

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Make ja Jessica

matti
Mar 31, 2019

haista paska ukkola

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Nenonen posted:

Hey let's have a serious discussion about the pitfalls of capitalism and oh why not also uh... :eng99: :biotruths:
https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10994548

Darkest Auer posted:

VAS: Leftists that are apparently different from SDP in certain ways but no one really knows for sure, this ambiguity is not at all related to the fact that the only question journalists ever ask is "Li Andersson, why are you so hot?".

:thunk:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

Hmmm, almost like telling people to have more babies when times are uncertain and there are objectively too many people on the planet. If only there was an alternative to an economical system that requires constant growth to function.

That sounds like communism, comrade

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Child birth is so low it's even worse than what the forecasts estimated.

Personally I'm blaming the Moomins for bringing anime here.

I'm sure Kepu and KoK could salvage the situation if they directed their efforts to loving themselves, instead of loving people over.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

uncop posted:

Laughing my rear end off at anything being "even worse" than this "forecast". I want someone to make a graph of successive forecasts compared to the actual realized trend in the style of the graph about Greek GDP growth forecasts.

Professors: "The Finnish population growth seems kinda dire"

Finnish people of childmaking age: "Hold my beer"

matti posted:

haista paska ukkola

She looks like she always does in every image or video I have seen her in

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

SnowblindFatal posted:

Jorma ja Pinja

Triple A posted:

Make ja Jessica

trap sprung :smugdog:

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Make ja ES(si)

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

DarkCrawler posted:

She looks like she always does in every image or video I have seen her in

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008
I have to confess. Every time i have seen Kari Toivonen, i thought i was seeing Arvi Lind.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
Jartsa (also known as fuccboi) ja Jenna

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Rotacixe posted:

I have to confess. Every time i have seen Kari Toivonen, i thought i was seeing Arvi Lind.

This was me right until his retirement. Since then though I've realized they're different persons

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Looks like someone in NC is such a big fan of Margaret Thatcher (shocking, I know) that he's not only willing to follow on her footsteps but go even further and take free milk away not only from children but also the elderly in Helsinki. Otto Meri is masking this as a way to save the climate, but he also wants to cut out other plant based milk alternatives.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Soy and almond based "milks" are horrible for the environment so :shrug:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Jerry Cotton posted:

Oat milk or go bust.

That's oat, not goat milk, although that might be as good.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The problem with milk is it just tastes so good :(

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Oat milk or go bust.

That's oat, not goat milk, although that might be as good.

I only drink Swedish goat milk from this Öland based dairy producer.

http://goat.se/

in my opinion taking milks/milk replacements out of the offerings would be bad, school lunch should be diverse to increase the likelihood that the kids get enough of different hivenaineita. There's no reason to have different types of bread or a choice of salads either, all the nutrients could be just added to a single soylent green type gruel. But food needs to be more than just nutrients.

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Sep 29, 2019

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Jerry Cotton posted:

soy milk is fine

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Everything a body needs https://youtu.be/2oEnJfZ9joY

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

matti posted:

soy milk is fine

Soy production is literally why the Amazon is burning right RN now.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

Most if not all of that soy goes to feed cattle so we get beef and... cow milk. To an extend anyway, beef cattle needs more protein to grow and is more soy dependent I think.

If we cut heavily on beef and milk there would be no shortage of farmland to grow enough soy for all of our primary food needs.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Jerry Cotton posted:

thats all soy for animal feed though.

now almond milk, that can gently caress right off. absolutely no nutritional value

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Does anyone know what a 'katkarapuliike' is, I hope Marco wasn't showing his shrimp to the coppers
https://www.is.fi/tampereen-seutu/art-2000006251635.html

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

quote:

”Ihminen on ainoa nisäkäs, joka juo täysikasvuisena maitoa”, Meri sanoi.

”Ja ainoa eläinlaji, joka juo toisen eläinlajin maitoa”, täydensi vihreiden Leo Stranius.

Perussuomalaisten Matias Turkkila lisäsi, että ihminen on myös ainoa eläinlaji, joka keskustelee asiasta kaupunginvaltuustossa.

imagine getting burned like this by Matias Turkkila :cripes:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Herman Merman posted:

imagine getting burned like this by Matias Turkkila :cripes:

lmao

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Nenonen posted:

Most if not all of that soy goes to feed cattle so we get beef and... cow milk. To an extend anyway, beef cattle needs more protein to grow and is more soy dependent I think.

If we cut heavily on beef and milk there would be no shortage of farmland to grow enough soy for all of our primary food needs.

We hardly use soy at all for domestic cattle production and that could easily be cut out.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Jerry Cotton posted:

The problem with milk is it just tastes so good :(

Literally the first thing I ate, better be the last because the only way you take my drat milk away is over my dead body :argh:

Milk goes so well with so many things. I am literally willing to die for milk and milk-based products I love them so much

Goddamn hippies!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If I have to choose between milk and avoiding climate apocalypse I will choose milk every time

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Plain milk is bland poo poo for babies, real men drink piimä (fermented buttermilk for you foreigners) like our noble Mongol ancestors.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
If they take away my milk I'll start drinking their blood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

doverhog posted:

Plain milk is bland poo poo for babies, real men drink piimä (fermented buttermilk for you foreigners) like our noble Mongol ancestors.

I dunno about you, but I'm not gonna start making my kaurapuuro with piimä.