Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Denji is like a puppydog :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Archenteron posted:

Denji is like a puppydog :kimchi:

He has his priorities straight, it's a perfect manga

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

give me more of the street shark you goddamn tease of a manga

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Just ignore the previous content.

I want more shark, which I'm sure we will get at some point, but some devil's are not that smart, so there isn't much to discuss about them, other than the person that they used to be.

Hamelekim fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 27, 2019

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Makima may be bonded to the Love Devil

A love that crushes like a mace

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
since i assume the korean manwha thread has been archived the breaker guys have a new series starting and the chapter 0 premise seems interesting enough

https://mangadex.org/chapter/677921/1

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I thought they were gonna continue breaker after trinity wonder

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Denji is like a kid growing up at 100x speed, it's great

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Manatee Cannon posted:

I thought they were gonna continue breaker after trinity wonder

They either have severe writers block or are just wanting to do different stuff which sucks for us but is fair.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Jose posted:

They either have severe writers block or are just wanting to do different stuff which sucks for us but is fair.
There's 4-8 chapters already released in Korea; it seems alright so far.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Makima may be bonded to the Love Devil

A love that crushes like a mace

Or she is the love devil (I could see people being afraid of love) and is just best buddies with the gravity/falling devil.

The new girl's gonna die horribly, isn't she?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You’d think so but Chainsawman likes to defy expectations so maybe she’ll just reject Denji when she realizes how weird he is/that he’s part devil.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I too like people who like me. Denji is very relatable

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Or she is the love devil (I could see people being afraid of love) and is just best buddies with the gravity/falling devil.

Yeah I can't see Makima wanting to lose sway over Denji. I also think that seeing Beam crawling out of a wall could also be a turn-off.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-can-t-study/en/0/129/page/1

We Never Learn time.

3 naked girls in a small bathtub together somehow manage to have one of the most emotional satisfying moments in the series so far.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Jose posted:

The author is writing a significant portion before they start putting out content. They've been working on it already for several months. We might see something next year?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Jujutsu got a New chapter and it's just the most roundabout way to give someone a similar motivation to Hao Asakura. And I'm disappointed in Yuki. She trained best brother but then proceeds to give really bad guidance to Getou.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Started that Chainsaw man there tonight, so far it's what I thought what Fire Punch would be which owns instead of being terrible.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I think the new girl is actually a new boy

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Jose posted:

since i assume the korean manwha thread has been archived the breaker guys have a new series starting and the chapter 0 premise seems interesting enough

https://mangadex.org/chapter/677921/1
I loved the Breaker but I don't like reading comics that are so very vertical. I don't know what it is about it, it's just uncomfortable. Probably too much exposure to manga and Western comics. If it's them and it gets good responses then maybe I'll try to push past it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

yum posted:

I think the new girl is actually a new boy

Oh I like this but I’m not sure even this author could get a gay love interest through a shonen jump editor.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

eh, Fire Punch had a fairly important trans character even if they weren't handled amazingly

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

dogsicle posted:

eh, Fire Punch had a fairly important trans character even if they weren't handled amazingly

Yeah, he’s got the track history already.

Reze has a really similar hairstyle to that Fire Punch character and it’s never explicitly stated she’s a girl, only Denji think that. The cafe is also called Crossroads which could mean a lot of things I guess.

I don’t see the mangaka pulling a harem

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Chainsaw Man retroactively justifies my opinion that Fire Punch was actually more "good interesting" than "bad interesting" even though a lot of specific things didn't work well.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I didn’t realise they were by the same guy I just thought similar weird fun concept. Glad Chainsaw Man is More focussed on having a fun time than the gross hardcore apocalyptic rape stuff that I didn’t expect going into Fire Punch. The Gun Demon is a cool idea as well as tracking down the parts from lesser demons.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Denji learning that new girl is actually new guy will have one panel of 'guess I like guys too' and two chapters of 'can I have a boyfriend and Makima is my one true girlfriend?'

Also Denji is terrible at judging names. Power and Beam are wonderful names.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Elfface posted:

Denji learning that new girl is actually new guy will have one panel of 'guess I like guys too' and two chapters of 'can I have a boyfriend and Makima is my one true girlfriend?'

Also Denji is terrible at judging names. Power and Beam are wonderful names.

"I can love boys and girls because I have a heart!" :buddy:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Nanatsu no Taizai: Escanor Gaiden

I'm very happy that we got this. It does provide some extra insight into Escanor that I wanted and it's sweet. Taken by itself it's everything that I originally liked about Nanatsu no Taizai.
It's unfortunately completely incompatible with everything else unless Gowther rewrote everyone's memory at some point. :shrug:

Some points:

We saw a flashback of Merlin and Meliodas recruiting Escanor which didn't look anything like this.
Meliodas went Assault mode with no problem and transformed back with no problem.
Neither seemed to recognize the others mode during the later slugfest.
While it could be a problem with the translation, Escanors talk during the One's debute implied that that was the first time they went all out against eachother.
Somehow Meliodas one punched the One Escanor. The best excuse you can give for this is that Escanor was a lot younger back then. But even then, how? This is Meliodas pre getting his powers back from the druids.

Ban got pasted again. I missed that. :unsmith:

:psyduck:

But at least it was sweet and I really can't wait for the Ultimate One next chapter. There's no way it's not going to be gloriously stupid.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i read through Beastars up to the end of the school killer arc last night, though i did skim a bunch of chapters. pretty good stuff

the love-triangle material was ehhhh, but Kemonozume was one of my favorite shows years back so i liked how it tied the visceral horror of its characters' eating habits into their inter-personal feelings (without making it seem too much like the author's kink, at least for the most part). there were some arcs i cared about less than others - the romantic trysts did little for me and louis' little extra-curricular career was sometimes hard to swallow even in a comic where the destitute sell off their bodies one finger at a time - but pretty much everything with legosi himself was the tops

mostly i liked how no one can deal with how loving awkward legosi is, especially in the early chapters. the boy has negative charisma. he's so fidgety and weird that he occasionally loops back into suaveness by accident. it's difficult to tell how many of his suicidally poor decisions are due to the setting mixing predatory/prey dynamics into shounen hot-bloodedness and standard machismo attitudes, and how much is due to legosi himself being thicker than a yard of lard

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

Nanatsu no Taizai: Escanor Gaiden

I'm very happy that we got this. It does provide some extra insight into Escanor that I wanted and it's sweet. Taken by itself it's everything that I originally liked about Nanatsu no Taizai.
It's unfortunately completely incompatible with everything else unless Gowther rewrote everyone's memory at some point. :shrug:

Some points:

We saw a flashback of Merlin and Meliodas recruiting Escanor which didn't look anything like this.
Meliodas went Assault mode with no problem and transformed back with no problem.
Neither seemed to recognize the others mode during the later slugfest.
While it could be a problem with the translation, Escanors talk during the One's debute implied that that was the first time they went all out against eachother.
Somehow Meliodas one punched the One Escanor. The best excuse you can give for this is that Escanor was a lot younger back then. But even then, how? This is Meliodas pre getting his powers back from the druids.

Ban got pasted again. I missed that. :unsmith:

:psyduck:

But at least it was sweet and I really can't wait for the Ultimate One next chapter. There's no way it's not going to be gloriously stupid.

This chapter really is a mess for continuity and we still don't know why or how Escanor came into possession of Mael's power. At best I think it does make sense for Meliodas to have his assault mode at this time since it shouldn't have been sealed until around the time the group got framed. But it's still supposed to be an uncontrollable state for him. And yeah it was established early on that Escanor either runs off before noon hits or he has to be put under by Merlin + Gowther due to it's nature. I don't think it makes sense for Cap and Escanor to have fought and then conveniently forgotten that fight when round 2 happens in the present.

poo poo like this is why I fell off with this series.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

mostly i liked how no one can deal with how loving awkward legosi is, especially in the early chapters. the boy has negative charisma. he's so fidgety and weird that he occasionally loops back into suaveness by accident. it's difficult to tell how many of his suicidally poor decisions are due to the setting mixing predatory/prey dynamics into shounen hot-bloodedness and standard machismo attitudes, and how much is due to legosi himself being thicker than a yard of lard
This is what sold the show for me as well. He’s such a well written character.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Uncle Khasim posted:

This is what sold the show for me as well. He’s such a well written character.

maybe it's just my limited frame of reference, but more than anything he makes me think of a gangly adolescent kazuma kiryu

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

maybe it's just my limited frame of reference, but more than anything he makes me think of a gangly adolescent kazuma kiryu

This line alone kind of has me sold on reading this

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Zerilan posted:

This line alone kind of has me sold on reading this

he checks off a lot of the same traits:

- stoic but embarrassingly earnest whenever he talks
- suicidally gallant
- prone to bursts of righteous violence that land him in huge trouble
- Has Never hosed (he's a 17-year old who literally doesn't know what it feels like to have a crush)

he's way less self-assured than kiryu (because he's a shy theatre kid instead of someone who was born hardboiled), but one still gets the impression that he would spend all his spare time staring pensively into the middle distance with a glass of scotch at his elbow and a cigarette between his fingers if he wasn't underage

and legosi is absolutely the sort of twerp who thinks underage drinking is Wrong

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I started reading this yesterday and I'm at the part where Legosi is apparently trying to become the wolf Jesus or something. Won't be surprised if the series ends with Legosi dying for the sins of carnivores.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Darth TNT posted:

I thought Meliodas used Full Counter which would make sense for a ohko since Escanor's blow at max power got back at him doubled.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Plutonis posted:

I thought Meliodas used Full Counter which would make sense for a ohko since Escanor's blow at max power got back at him doubled.
his full counter only works on magical attacks. His brother had the physical full counter

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Plutonis posted:

This

Brought To You By posted:

his full counter only works on magical attacks. His brother had the physical full counter

Mangastream translation
It translates a few things slightly different. Like Merlin seems to reference meeting Escanor before with Meliodas, which may refer to the flashback we saw earlier?
But meh, it's a sweet story even if it doesn't really fit.

Brought To You By posted:

This chapter really is a mess for continuity and we still don't know why or how Escanor came into possession of Mael's power. At best I think it does make sense for Meliodas to have his assault mode at this time since it shouldn't have been sealed until around the time the group got framed. But it's still supposed to be an uncontrollable state for him. And yeah it was established early on that Escanor either runs off before noon hits or he has to be put under by Merlin + Gowther due to it's nature. I don't think it makes sense for Cap and Escanor to have fought and then conveniently forgotten that fight when round 2 happens in the present.

poo poo like this is why I fell off with this series.

Oh that's right. I forgot that it was at the ambush that Meliodas' power was sealed. For some reason I thought it was at the destruction of Danafor.
I never felt like I needed an explanation for getting the grace. Mael lost it when he became Estarossa and then it floated around for a bit before accidentally ending up in Escanor is a fine explanation for me. :shrug:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
New Chainsaw Man:
https://readms.net/r/csm/041/6232/1

Huh, I guess the Angel Devil is a guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
A while ago Radiant, a french made series getting published in Japan, got it's 2nd anime season announced. I can't vouch for quality of the show but the manga is definitely one to follow. Volume 12 got translated a few weeks ago, it's worth reading if you haven't picked it up already. I'm looking forward to the Herculean king who just wants to stay hip with the kids.