Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like this new girl might make Denji weaker as a devil hunter by actually exposing him to what normal life and people are like (and making him less crazy as a result). Well, assuming she's not about to get killed anyways.

You underestimate my boy
Go ahead and even try and put a devil between him and a normal life.

Hes been aimlessly crazy and hell be crazy w8th a goal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

What is Shy?

Superhero Manga. It's been pretty good so far.

https://mangakakalot.com/manga/vr920110

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

What is Shy?

Here you go.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I respect that they just made "Literally David Bowie" into a hero.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Another chapter of Ragna Crimson and preparations for war are underway.
Coming off the last chapter which showed how the Winged brethren relate to one another, showing more of the personalities within the Silverware Corps does a lot to make all these characters feel more alive. I also enjoy Ragna's struggling with both his own desire to handle everything himself, and just trying to relate to others around him. It's still foreboding that the arrangement he and Crimson in the future had was to only ally with people you don't mind dying and there's no way the silverware corps aren't going to lose some of these named members in the upcoming battle.

Kemono Jihen also got an update after 2 months to continue the Yuki-onna arc. Whatever the Detective has over Superintendent Inari has to be good because she has 2 life Calculus in front of her and she's just giving up on Kabane's one entirely. Not that I don't suspect her own trickery even now.

Mulva posted:

I respect that they just made "Literally David Bowie" into a hero.
He's a really caring guy who is just really direct and to the point. I love it. While the story itself is a superhero one, I can't help but associate the idea of people using their heart-force as a weapon, and the MC being a young girl with the Magical Girl genre. Especially if we're going to be solving our problems with hugs and fire

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 15, 2019

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like this new girl might make Denji weaker as a devil hunter by actually exposing him to what normal life and people are like (and making him less crazy as a result). Well, assuming she's not about to get killed anyways.

Yeah that's my feeling too. It's all well and good to say "oh well his goal is this so don't get in his way bada bing!" but the exact same can be said of Aki and he is totally hosed. Really interesting to see where this goes. On an unrelated note I definitely want to see Captain Kishibe go HAM on a devil.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I dunno how much motivation Denji needs if he understands that since the Gun Devil wants his heart that he'll never have a peaceful, easy life like he wants with the stuff he wants if he doesn't kill the fucker. Realistically Makima would probably not want to have to keep finding ways to keep him motivated, so if he self-motivates entirely to accomplish the goals she wants she probably wouldn't give a poo poo who he wants to hang out with.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Chainsawman gets color pages this week and it continues getting hornier

RatHat fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Oct 17, 2019

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

RatHat posted:

Chainsawman gets color pages this week and it continues getting hornier

I hope Denji is okay. :ohdear:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm more worried for his girlfriend at this point

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm more worried for his girlfriend at this point

I figure we’ve got a 50/50 chance of the girlfriend straight up murdering the other guy because she’s the real villain of this arc.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
It turns out his new girlfriend is actually the Gun Devil.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Angry Lobster posted:

It turns out his new girlfriend is actually the Gun Devil.

Well, she does want his heart...

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I loving love Chainsawman. But if he's just going to fridge the girl in the same chapter he puts her in a pinup poster, I'm out.

Luckily I have more faith in the mangaka than that.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
No comments on how unnaturally squished up her leg is?

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
More evidence that she's a devil :tinfoil:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Well, of all the things I expected to happen, that sure wasn't one of them.

Chainsaw Man is really good you guys.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I really like chainsaw man.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Why not wait for the free legal chapter

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

EmmyOk posted:

When you're invested and wanting to see the next chapter, you tend not to wait? It's posted free so it's basically the same, just earlier?

I assume Shueisha is banking on volume sales, which we're not preventing.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Honestly?

Because I forgot that's a thing for this series.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I subscribe to the Shounen Jump app, it's like two bucks and a great deal. You get a huge backlog on a number of series. Pages fit great on the screen of a phone, too.

Anyway with Chainsaw man I have a prediction that Cafe girl is the Love Devil. Plenty of people are afraid of love.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

every week i wait through several days of all the shonen threads updating with the leaked discussion until viz gives me the chappies :shudder:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

I just read through it a second time. :allears: I want to provide traffic for the stuff I like. :)

Also the Future may have to step up its game, Reeze may actually be the best. :ohdear:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I sub to jump. I got no beef with reading scans since I check the official release anyway

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

dogsicle posted:

every week i wait through several days of all the shonen threads updating with the leaked discussion until viz gives me the chappies :shudder:

:hai:

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

new girl being a russian spy is

hmmm

oh well

Im sure our levelheaded protagonist will manage

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Wasn't there some point about Russia using devils as weapons early on?

Ah well Denji is a 300 IQ genius. I'm sure it'll work out.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Just a reminder that chapter 6 they mentioned that the Russians are using devils in their military.
Edit: f, b.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Really wondering what makes Reze tick.
She's trying to draft him into working for the Russians isn't she?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Oh Denji, you poor sob.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Denji is not a bright man, even by the standards of dumb shonen protagonists.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Chainsaw man just keeps getting better. I wonder if it will end up getting an anime, maybe Netflix or some other streaming service will pick it up for a season or two. Seems way too violent and sexual to have on regular television.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Denji has the worst luck with women hahahha

He also thought the devil angel was hot since he's on his list of pretty girls

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Hamelekim posted:

Chainsaw man just keeps getting better. I wonder if it will end up getting an anime, maybe Netflix or some other streaming service will pick it up for a season or two. Seems way too violent and sexual to have on regular television.

I wonder how Fujimoto convinced Jump into letting him write for them. Chainsaw Man is far bleaker than anything else I've seen in the magazine and it doesn't quite the absolute good/evil dichotomy that most Jump comics have.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Reze is not a trap guy, but a Russian Spy.

A Pravda Devil if you will.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

don't use that word, grouchio

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Unless the Russian government is completely under the thrall of the Gun Devil I don't see why the Typhoon Devil would cooperate with her.

Serge Painsbourg posted:

I wonder how Fujimoto convinced Jump into letting him write for them. Chainsaw Man is far bleaker than anything else I've seen in the magazine and it doesn't quite the absolute good/evil dichotomy that most Jump comics have.

I mean, Jump publishes Promised Neverland.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

Unless the Russian government is completely under the thrall of the Gun Devil I don't see why the Typhoon Devil would cooperate with her.

I think that while Typhoon wants whatever reward there is from the Gun Devil for Denji's heart, he absolutely does not want to piss off the Russians. So it's a lot easier to take the easy out of "welp, so much for that plan, sorry" than to take a fight that will go badly for him. Just simple pragmatism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Hypocrisy posted:

I mean, Jump publishes Promised Neverland.

Neverland's harsh, but it's optimistic. There's always been a sense that the main characters would pull through despite sacrifices and have it (relatively) work out. Emma still tries to save everyone, even the redeemable demons, like most other shounen protagonists.

Chainsaw Man feels like a bottom is going to drop out at any second. Sure, Denji and the 4th Division will probably kill the Gun Devil, but there's still always going to be devils to kill humans. Plus, once the Gun Devil dies, I wouldn't put it past the government to get rid of the 4th Division as threats to public safety.

There's not much of a sense of justice or grander purpose among the protagonists except maybe for Makima. Denji wants to get laid, Aki wants to kill as many devils as possible as revenge for Himeno and contracts with a devil that's looking forward to his death so he can be a better killer, Power wants to have fun, and Kobeni just wants her money. Makima probably chairs the 4th Division in the hope that the government will let the Devilmen lead normal lives and not totally wipe them out as threats to the nation if they manage to get rid of the Devils, but that's as close to a grander purpose as this comic's going to get right now.