Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

ah gently caress, i can't believe you've done this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Or just maybe it sucks to hear the same bone-deep-lovely "joke" sixty-seven times a day from someone who automatically assumes you are worthless trash for working retail.

Telling jokes and engaging in small talk is a way that human beings acknowledge their peers and engage them as a show of empathy, it's literally the opposite of treating someone like worthless trash. People who work in retail really do deserve the hell they create for themselves.

https://twitter.com/xyfl0p/status/1186740031215624192

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Looks like Jon is going b-b-bl-b-bl with her lips

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Sleeveless posted:

Telling jokes and engaging in small talk is a way that human beings acknowledge their peers and engage them as a show of empathy, it's literally the opposite of treating someone like worthless trash. People who work in retail really do deserve the hell they create for themselves.

https://twitter.com/xyfl0p/status/1186740031215624192

No, actually, gently caress you, you stupid jackfuck.

E: to clarify, even dirty SERVICE INDUSTRY GARBAGE HOLES can be annoyed by stupid repetitive poo poo. They are also people! Go gently caress a rake.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Or just maybe it sucks to hear the same bone-deep-lovely "joke" sixty-seven times a day from someone who automatically assumes you are worthless trash for working retail.

I was just speaking from past experience and trying to show empathy. It’s entirely plausible that you’re just an rear end in a top hat.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

mysterious frankie posted:

I was just speaking from last experience and trying to show empathy. It’s entirely plausible that you’re just an rear end in a top hat.

It's entirely possible you suck poo poo at showing empathy, but I am rear end in a top hat. Has nothing to do with your shithead comment, I am just an rear end in a top hat independently.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
It’s more that that retail specifically weaponises small talk and banter as a way to drive sales which has a dehumanising effect on a substantial amount of people who do it. Some people gleefully excel at it but imo those people are psychopaths

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

It’s more that that retail specifically weaponises small talk and banter as a way to drive sales which has a dehumanising effect on a substantial amount of people who do it. Some people gleefully excel at it but imo those people are psychopaths

Sounds like someone isn't a closer

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
My Nescafé consumption begs to differ

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

zoux posted:

Sounds like someone isn't a closer

A= Always
B= Be
C= Calling the police on Granos

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

It's entirely possible you suck poo poo at showing empathy, but I am rear end in a top hat. Has nothing to do with your shithead comment, I am just an rear end in a top hat independently.

Cool beans

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Retail can be a lot of fun if it pays well and you actually sell cool stuff. Customers who shop for niche things are actually invested in learning and conversation. People who are assholes to retail staff are the ones who dehumanise the trade.

Also, markets and selling goods/trading are as old as humanity; get over yourselves.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No job is fun. AJAB.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Working in video games would be fun

E: games played upon video

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I can think of a couple jobs that are fun

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Only registered members can see post attachments!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I wish only to do nothing.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

zoux posted:

Me too, Bartleby.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I see wood cuts of 19th century opium dens and I'm like "that's cool to me"

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Top Notch

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

oldpainless posted:

Working in video games would be fun

E: games played upon video

Hmm, would you say you have a "passion" for working in video game design? Good, that means we can work you harder and pay you less.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The hey look at us guy is Paul Rudd is anyone was wondering

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
If you don't like your crappy retail job you should just get a better one. Stop complaining. Go back to school and better yourself. Those jobs will all be done by machines in a decade anyway.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yes it’s me the person who didn’t know what Paul Rudd looks like

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Brewmaster posted:

If you don't like your crappy retail job you should just get a better one. Stop complaining. Go back to school and better yourself. Those jobs will all be done by machines in a decade anyway.

kuuenbu.mp3

I don't work in retail anymore and I have an MSc. Also, are you insane?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

Yes it’s me the person who didn’t know what Paul Rudd looks like

Hello.

Brewmaster posted:

"Listen, you don't have any problems that acquiring $300k worth of debt won't fix. May I recommend the STEM fields"

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
Insane about Nance's famous chicken casserole maybe. Seriously it's not that hard to find a better job. We live in the best economy in the world. Apply yourself a little, kiddo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Brewmaster posted:

yep and then we'll all starve because we won't have any marketable skills anymore and capitalism will toss us aside :shepicide:

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Brewmaster posted:

Insane about Nance's famous chicken casserole maybe. Seriously it's not that hard to find a better job. We live in the best economy in the world. Apply yourself a little, kiddo.

actually shut the gently caress up

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Brewmaster posted:

You are a bad and stupid person. You and I don't even share the same primate ancestors, let alone the same economy. Away with you, poo poo-eating fartwarlock! I shall brook no more of your bullshit!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Brewmaster posted:

I just saw this tweet in the idiots on social media thread!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Brewmaster is doing a bit.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sucks for the other guy in the Paul Rudd meme that he’s like not visible and it’s not clear it’s his show

That is a lot of missed marketing

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Hey poors, have you considered not being poor??? Pull yourself up by your bootstraps! I, Brewmaster, am so smart and everyone should listen to my bourgious wisdom as I post memes that are making fun of people like me! gently caress the proletariat, make America great again, Trump 2020!!!! Woooo!!!!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

euphronius posted:

The hey look at us guy is Paul Rudd is anyone was wondering

What

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

THE HEY LOOK AT US GUY IS PAUL RUDD IS ANYONE WAS WONDERING

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://i.imgur.com/s1a70Ys.mp4

marshmallow creep posted:

Brewmaster is doing a bit.

they got unfairly mixed with actual idiot Sleeveless, which I guess is the cause of the confusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I worked retail all throughout high school and most of uni, and it does in fact suck. The work itself sucks way less than professional office work, but the pay is bad. If I could make my CPA salary working at BestBuy or whatever other dumb store, I'd do it so fast.

Work also sucks way more than school almost no matter what. The first work most of do is retail so if you've had a mostly sheltered life working retail will literally be the worst thing that's ever happened to you.

I kind of sometimes wish I never went to university or maybe just got an AA and stayed in retail and got to management and just kept doing that instead of the poo poo I do now. I wouldn't have been able to afford being married but that's overrated also.

Stay a single retail person, if possible.

zoux posted:

Hellblazer187 has a new favorite as of 20:37 on Oct 24, 2019