Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
The , D2C batmobile leaked, it is just a batmobile with 3 minifigs on a stand (not a fan of that generally). It's pretty detailed. Don't think price has leaked yet. For piece count i'd guess no less than $250.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4DVswVo_-j/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
No Prince as batman/joker minifig. 2/10 would not buy.

I was at my local target today and they had some sets in stock that their website listed as sold out in store. They price matched the website so I got the red ninjago dragon for 50% off. I almost picked up two of the jurassic park mansions to make a moc modular, but passed on it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can someone post it? The link isn’t working for me

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
That’ll look good next to the tumbler, I think

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh it’s working now. poo poo I really like that, but I dunno that price point is probably more than I’d pay for a batmobile. I hope there’s some easier way to get the small one.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What happened to the big "Limited Edition" that was on the previous leak?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

sigher posted:

What happened to the big "Limited Edition" that was on the previous leak?

The previous link was for a mini figure scale version that's a gift with purchase available when you buy this massive version.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Oooooh, guess I'll have both!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
WTF is LEGO?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Like megablocks.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Locking Educational Geometric Objects

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
But this is the Legos thread.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

*Translator's note: "LEGO" means Legos

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

LEGO bricks

Gotta protect dat copyright/trademark/brand

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
LEGO my thread title >:(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm still trying to figure out how that batmobile works out to over 3000 parts.

The more I look at it the more I think it looks fuckin sick and I kind of need it though.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 26, 2019

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

veni veni veni posted:

I'm still trying to figure out how that batmobile works out to over 3000 parts.

The more I look at it the more I think it looks fuckin sick and I kind of need it though.

From the few studs visible and the bricks I recognize, it seems to be somewhere inbetween the Technic 911 and Technic 911 RSR in size. If that's true, and seeing it's a non technic-set, completely covered, and I assume with at least some gimmicks, I could see them doing it out of 3000 parts. I assume it's very, very solid.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah it definitely seems like one of those sets that is gonna be huge when you actually see it in person but it doesn't really translate into photos.

Still I'm like, how does this have 1000-1500 more parts than the average SW UCS set because it looks like it's about the same size as most of those.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah it definitely seems like one of those sets that is gonna be huge when you actually see it in person but it doesn't really translate into photos.

Still I'm like, how does this have 1000-1500 more parts than the average SW UCS set because it looks like it's about the same size as most of those.

Oops all 1x1 plates

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

The LEGO Bugatti Chiron is something like 3500 pieces, so if it is roughly that size, it is quite easy for it to have that many pieces. Given that a large amount of the Bugatti piece count comes from the mostly hidden drivetrain, I expect the Batmobile will have a lot of stuff under the hood.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Orvin posted:

The LEGO Bugatti Chiron is something like 3500 pieces, so if it is roughly that size, it is quite easy for it to have that many pieces. Given that a large amount of the Bugatti piece count comes from the mostly hidden drivetrain, I expect the Batmobile will have a lot of stuff under the hood.

Come on jet engine. One thousand LEGO turbine blades.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

deoju posted:

No Prince as batman/joker Robert Wuhl minifig. 2/10 would not buy.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
1500 Technic pins

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

That Saturn V Launchpad Ideas MoC is like the Taj Mahal...someone kill me....(and I'm not even up to the page with the 64xbuild-these-ten-parts page)

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Was looking through the store and noticed they are still selling 10220 VW Bus which first came out in 2011. Wow.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's a popular set in common colors with no special parts.. easy to keep on the shelf forever.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

xzzy posted:

Best sets in the last 10 years are Wall-E, the F40, the Saturn V and the big Hogwarts Castle.

Runner-ups would be Benny's Spaceship, Caterham or the first Ecto-1.

For stuff that's currently available the Statue of Liberty and Mustang are top notch.

I'm interested in the Saturn V- my store still has it- however the fragility worries me. I want to be able to use it with my other Space stuff so if it's pretty much "display only" I don't see the point. My current most fragile set is the Exploriens Starship which basically cannot be picked up due to the strain/wear of the intrinsic pieces and its overall flimsy construction. Benny's Spaceship looks pretty cool and wouldn't be out of place next to that or the Galactic Mediator or Deep Freeze Defender.

(dump posting because I started reading this thread around p.1200):

I like the little ghost dog Spencer from Hidden Side (these sets are all out of stock at my location) so will probably see to getting one or two online.

The modular building sets all look super cool and are probably the closest thing to satisfying my childhood vision of building a city with roads. They're also more expensive and numerous than I could hope to accumulate, so I don't have any. Most of my sets are Space, Pirates, Castle, and City but I've been getting into Architecture lately too- curious if the Empire State Building is a good set.

Most recent purchase was the City Police Station (60141) and is on the dining room table now waiting to be assembled. I also bought the little F40 and white Porsche because why not? I love that they're making licensed cars, and cars that can actually hold a minifig, even if only one. Everything's come such a long way.

The Bloop posted:

May not be 100% "legal" but it's 100% great

:hai:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
The Saturn V is pretty sturdy. Really just the stages coming apart is the concern and they’re pretty well connected.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I'm gonna assume the position that you are a fan of Robert Wuhl?

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Dogen posted:

The Saturn V is pretty sturdy. Really just the stages coming apart is the concern and they’re pretty well connected.

For me at least, trying to separate the stages results in the escape tower at the top and the fins at the bottom all falling off, every time.

However, after building it last night, the new Tantive IV might be the new fragility champion is the collection. Goddamn, you just look at her and something falls off.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’ve had the Saturn V either standing or laying down since it came out and the only part that ever falls off or feels fragile is the very end of the launch escape tower. But that’s mostly because it only attaches with a single stud and there’s really no way to reinforce it.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm gonna assume the position that you are a fan of Robert Wuhl?

He really needs to do Assume the Position 301.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

GlenMR posted:

For me at least, trying to separate the stages results in the escape tower at the top and the fins at the bottom all falling off, every time.

However, after building it last night, the new Tantive IV might be the new fragility champion is the collection. Goddamn, you just look at her and something falls off.

Yeah the escape tower is fiddly but like, it’s just one bit.

The goddamn Tantive IV... you can really only grab it by the handle. The fins around the midsection are especially prone to just pop off.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

My 2 and 4 year olds have been watching me get back into legos for the last few weeks. I am looking to get them a set to play with. Are there any go to Lego/Duplo sets? My oldest daughter likes princess/ building castles, and my youngest likes cars/trucks.

Any goon wisdom or just go crazy dropping :20bux:

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Snowmankilla posted:

My 2 and 4 year olds have been watching me get back into legos for the last few weeks. I am looking to get them a set to play with. Are there any go to Lego/Duplo sets? My oldest daughter likes princess/ building castles, and my youngest likes cars/trucks.

Any goon wisdom or just go crazy dropping :20bux:

My 2.5 year old loves the toy story sets. We’ve rebuilt the rc car and the buzz coaster many times the simplicity of them makes it easy for them to grasp. I had to remove the flag and balloon pieces on the coaster and anything that’s less sturdy such as the antenna on the RC car. The LEGO movie 2 minifig sets also well received. The Benny space squad and the unikitty tea party. Minifigs made the most sense to them at first.

From there we’ve moved on to one of those basic creative suitcase sets.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was gonna say the Tantive IV always felt rock solid to me and it surprises me that people always call it fragile, but I guess I've always used the handle. The actual body is impressively sturdy but I guess there's some bits that could fall off if you are swooshing it around.

Either way, the Tantive's fragility absolutely pales in comparison to the UCS MF and the UCS B Wing.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Grand carousel is fragile. Some of it is ridiculous. From the thin base plate to the red trim on top not being attached at both ends to the fabric not being anchored it is not a set to move around.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Talk about fragile stuff....

(almost there...still have 1/3 of the manual to go....)

e: I'll also go full in and make it tracked

tuo fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 27, 2019

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

tuo posted:

Talk about fragile stuff....

(almost there...still have 1/3 of the manual to go....)

e: I'll also go full in and make it tracked

Listen here bucko, you see this thread title up there? No knockoffs!
(looking great)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Nth Doctor posted:

Listen here bucko, you see this thread title up there? No knockoffs!
(looking great)

Okay. Just wanted to post it because another one one in this thread asked about it. I'll keep quiet about the rest of the build (original MoC is all LEGO parts anyway, as it's an LEGO Ideas set that LEGO refused to produce....with VERY good reasons).