Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That seems extremely suspect.

I mean subjectively, if I roll a small cone vs an equivalent bowl with some kief i will feel higher after the joint. Whether it actually delivers more I don't know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Broken Machine posted:

I mean subjectively, if I roll a small cone vs an equivalent bowl with some kief i will feel higher after the joint. Whether it actually delivers more I don't know

Huh interesting, it's definitely the opposite for me, even without kief.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5LC2-v5roE

:laffo: I've never rolled a joint and know that's awful.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Just buy premade cones.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Broken Machine posted:

I think it's more efficient than bowls or vapes, if you can roll a good or at least okay joint
Correct me if i'm wrong, but my understanding was that bowls are the most efficient method because there's no ongoing burning when you're not smoking like you get with a joint.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

KingShiro posted:

This was painful.
Am i wrong to roll my eyes at the way she plugged her own book like that?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but my understanding was that bowls are the most efficient method because there's no ongoing burning when you're not smoking like you get with a joint.

Correct. You can snuff out a bowl in a second or two, whereas with a joint you're gonna have some burn whether you like it or not. It's why I just don't spend time learning that poo poo

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

This was painful.
Am i wrong to roll my eyes at the way she plugged her own book like that?

Dude my eyes rolled so far back in my head that I got a chance to check and make sure my brain was still functioning

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
The loving magnetic clasp on Elements. Mr. Dick feels like he paid a buck fifty for a pack of papers and an extra buck for a clasp.

Maybe it's time to really man up and start rolling with, like, ungummed, discontinued Clubs.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Goddamn I have not had a bad Green Crack shatter yet. Also got some Yoda OG and Acapulco Gold flower.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
Upgraded my PAX 2 to a PAX 3 recently and while their phone app is a silly way to control temperature, I'm really liking being able to use the same portable vaporizer for flower and for wax/oil. Throwing some crumble in the concentrate insert and bumping up the temperature and boom now I can vape without smelling like weed, but I can easily switch back to flower for variety. My only problem is that the battery doesn't last as long as I'd like and/or it charges slowly. I'm used to burning through batteries but when they're the twenty dollar threaded ones I can just have a pile of them.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

im in eugene oregon, the weed capital of the weed state, and somehow even more dispensaries have opened up since last time i was here. there was a new one across the street from my venue last night called tj's they are very nice. i do not understand the economy of this town or the biology of its peoples

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

interesting thing about green crack: every time i get the buds i think it sucks but the concentrate is always amazing.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Mr. Dick suspects that a lot of the over servicing of the market in Oregon is bigger players positioning themselves to have a foot in the door when federal legalization happens.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Mr. Dick posted:

Mr. Dick suspects that a lot of the over servicing of the market in Oregon is bigger players positioning themselves to have a foot in the door when federal legalization happens.

You mean by figuring out stuff like supply chains and logistics?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Oregon has way looser regulations than any other state.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

BigFactory posted:

Oregon has way looser regulations than any other state.

:iia:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I bought this during the height of the tainted vape scare:

I still have other cartridges that are not empty, they last forever, and I could toss this one if there's any safety concern.

But I just paid like 50 bucks for it so that's terrible.

It came from a permanent dispensary location with a friendly staff in the wealthy part of Los Angeles. According to that documentary posted earlier, the tainted ones were all packed by the bootlegger shops downtown, not too far away, as part of an enormous active black market so I suppose in theory they could make their way to a legit shop in the same city if a supplier lies about the origin. But I can't think of a more mainstream shop outside of maybe Venice beach.

Paranoia unnecessary? Keep it or err on the safe side?

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
I mean, $50 is $50. But on the other hand there's "breathe like an 80 year old for the rest of your life".

Me personally, I probably wouldn't gently caress with it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Check the brand online to see if you can buy their packaging in bulk, basically.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Doesn't CA have lot testing numbers on the label? Maybe you can track down whether or not its real.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Dumb Lowtax posted:

I still have other cartridges that are not empty, they last forever, and I could toss this one if there's any safety concern.

It came from a permanent dispensary location with a friendly staff in the wealthy part of Los Angeles. According to that documentary posted earlier, the tainted ones were all packed by the bootlegger shops downtown, not too far away, as part of an enormous active black market so I suppose in theory they could make their way to a legit shop in the same city if a supplier lies about the origin. But I can't think of a more mainstream shop outside of maybe Venice beach.

if the packaging indicates that it was tested by cannasafe or another testing company it's fine. there are 0 cases connected with legal dispensaries in LA. i get CBD carts from that brand all the time

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

DoombatINC posted:

Check the brand online to see if you can buy their packaging in bulk, basically.

Earwicker posted:

if the packaging indicates that it was tested by cannasafe or another testing company it's fine. there are 0 cases connected with legal dispensaries in LA. i get CBD carts from that brand all the time
you can buy counterfeit packaging for legitimate brands that will check both these boxes on dhgate/AliExpress. If you're sure it came from a legal weed store it's probably fine but for black market carts there's no way to know beyond reasonable doubt, unless you get it tested yourself. E: I wonder if the vitamin E poo poo can be detected with one of the reagent test kits :iiam:

Antioch posted:

I mean, $50 is $50. But on the other hand there's "breathe like an 80 year old for the rest of your life".

Me personally, I probably wouldn't gently caress with it.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 11, 2019

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Is it possible that even my older carts (1-3 years) from various legal weed stores should be given an equal amount of trust as one from during the vape scare? Do we know that tainted vapes are a new phenomenon, or is it that they just went undetected until this year?

In other news, injury count is up to 2,000:

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
My bro gave me his old desktop vaporizer (I forget the name) but it has some cool tube where I can take vape hits through my bong...nice

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Trip Report: Arizer extreme Q is the way and the light. I did a DDave mod for microdosing. Exactly 3 bags. I am absolutely flying, this is amazing.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 11, 2019

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

KingShiro posted:

wtf I've never seen anyone roll a joint like that. Wasn't even that good.

That said, I've never actually rolled one myself. I'm good at making pot brownies but I usually just smoke with friends and they're always doing the rolling. Should really learn to do it soon.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Weird thing about vaping (dry herb) is that it used to give me the worst cough after a few days if I didn't take a break. Like I'd be hacking up yellow mucus and poo poo.
So I'm glad I never touched carts.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Dumb Lowtax posted:

If you don't want it I'll take it off your hands.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
God drat people I'm sorry for all caps but

IF YOU BOUGHT YOUR VAPE CARTRIDGE FROM A LICENSED DISPENSARY AND THERE IS A VALID TESTING LABEL ON YOUR PRODUCT IN ACCORDANCE WITH STATE LAWS, IT'S PROBABLY SAFE.

It was exclusively an issue with black market cartridges, specifically ones that were purchased extremely cheap from overseas and were counterfeits of popular or 'scam' brands, like Dank Vape, Platinum, etc.

Now, as for the long term health effects of vaping legal, tested THC oil... :shrug:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Also my coworker gave me some chocolates he said he got from a friend, not sure the dosage but I'm kinda on board with these totally sketchy things.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

So gross....but oh so wonderful.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

bagmonkey posted:

God drat people I'm sorry for all caps but

IF YOU BOUGHT YOUR VAPE CARTRIDGE FROM A LICENSED DISPENSARY AND THERE IS A VALID TESTING LABEL ON YOUR PRODUCT IN ACCORDANCE WITH STATE LAWS, IT'S PROBABLY SAFE.

It was exclusively an issue with black market cartridges, specifically ones that were purchased extremely cheap from overseas and were counterfeits of popular or 'scam' brands, like Dank Vape, Platinum, etc.

Now, as for the long term health effects of vaping legal, tested THC oil... :shrug:

Yup, the issue is only if you picked up sketchy bootleg carts from your dealer, a friend, etc where you have no idea where they actually came from. Any cartridges from legit state-licensed dispensaries in legal/medical places will 100% 10/10 times be perfectly fine with zero tainted health risks. Period. The amount of crazy bad misinformation going around every loving where is so frustrating lately.

There may very well be long-term risks with vaping THC oil/concentrates, but they 100% won't be sudden lung failure or other tragic insanity from the bootleg carts out there. But risk comes into play with any of this stuff, especially since research into vaping THC and all THC consumption is few and far between for obvious depressing reasons. But I've been going 2+ years strong with regularly vaping legal THC oil with zero issues whatsoever so.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Nov 12, 2019

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
The wiki page on the outbreak was more informative than expected, and is kept up to date very well:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_outbreak_of_lung_illness_linked_to_vaping_products

It's not totally clear but it seems this was a sudden outbreak in 2019 only, instead of people slowly catching on to a vitamin E dilution epidemic that has gone on for years, or anything. So I guess my old cartridges are fine. Especially having bought them in legal stores.

This newer one I bought, yeah it came from a legal store, but there's no guarantee the owner of this particular store won't be hit with scandal years later for having filled out some extra inventory space with nearby bootleg supplies. It's possible for legal stores to be safe in general but for one particular store still have a dirty business secret. It's possible. Still, the chances are probably lower than of me inhaling a stray atom of a carcinogen when I take a walk outside, especially considering this cart's brand name doesn't come up on the wiki where it lists the reported brands from injuries so far.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

the weed thread: somehow the biggest buzzkill on the forums

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Yup, the issue is only if you picked up sketchy bootleg carts from your dealer, a friend, etc where you have no idea where they actually came from. Any cartridges from legit state-licensed dispensaries in legal/medical places will 100% 10/10 times be perfectly fine with zero tainted health risks. Period. The amount of crazy bad misinformation going around every loving where is so frustrating lately.

There may very well be long-term risks with vaping THC oil/concentrates, but they 100% won't be sudden lung failure or other tragic insanity from the bootleg carts out there. But risk comes into play with any of this stuff, especially since research into vaping THC and all THC consumption is few and far between for obvious depressing reasons. But I've been going 2+ years strong with regularly vaping legal THC oil with zero issues whatsoever so.

It's just a matter of dumb luck that this Vitamin E thickener was the first random additive to make people really sick, and there's nothing stopping anyone from rolling out Vitamin E v2 next year. Remember, the thickener that contained Vitamin E was a legal, commercial product marketed for this purpose even though it only found its way in dangerous concentrations into illegal carts. That is to say, it's just dumb luck that none of the unregulated diluents used previous to Vitamin E, no contaminants in industrially supplied terpenes, and none of the food flavorings used in nic juice have caused serious problems for anyone because nobody's regulating this on the front end and they'll always try to find ways to increase their margins. Just stick to flower, like a normal person. Or buy your own concentrates and put it in your own atomizer. All this crap is only necessary because people have become too lazy to put their own weed in their own bowl. It's only prefilled carts, the most wasteful and unnecessary weed product on the market. I can't even imagine what would drive a person to be adamant about consuming weed in cartridge form after all this nonsense. It's the safest drug on the planet if you don't screw it up.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Nov 12, 2019

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

God drat....this green dragon has had me making GBS threads liquid that smells like ditch weed for the past week. You’d think I would stop drinking it every 4 hours but..........well I haven’t.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

poverty goat posted:

I can't even imagine what would drive a person to be adamant about consuming weed in cartridge form after all this nonsense. It's the safest drug on the planet if you don't screw it up.
Strongly :agreed:

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Harton posted:

God drat....this green dragon has had me making GBS threads liquid that smells like ditch weed for the past week. You’d think I would stop drinking it every 4 hours but..........well I haven’t.

"But the only poo for the brave and truuuuuue...

Comes from the green dragon!" :shrek:

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Just picked up this lil guy: https://grav.com/products/6-grav-beaker-clear

It's just big enough to fit mini (1cm) ice cubes in so it fits my need for an ice bong perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Royal W posted:

"But the only poo for the brave and truuuuuue...

Comes from the green dragon!" :shrek:

SHOW ME THE TRUTH OH GREAT DRAGON!!! WHO DOTH QUICKEN MY BOWEL WITH SCENT EVERLASTING!!!