Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

fart simpson posted:

i think he's admitting to murdering that woman

who amongst us hasn't had a bone saw fall onto a visitor so that it chopped them into multiple parts, but then later we had a friend walk out of our place wearing the clothes of the tragic figure so that the family didnt get too worried about any mishaps :shrug:

or had a car drive through a person by design :shrug: :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
:laffo:

https://twitter.com/cynicalsecurity/status/1193821372071452672

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

He is desperately trying to walk it back.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Boner

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

working on the tag line for their self driving taxis?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bonr

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

theres a song about this. sting song i think. hold on

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

detachable penis

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

i hung my head. like that except the kid says "we all make mistakes" and the sheriff agrees

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i know, Reddit, but r/solar is completely ruined now because tesla stans think anything but $12,000 powerwalls is a scrub bullshit solar setup, and you're an idiot for going with one of those other guys that's been doing this for decades. they just mob any criticism with the exact same lines that the car owners use

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Do you reply with all the people on twitter complaining about their poo poo tesla solar install that tesla won't come fix?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Didn’t one of tesla’s installs burn down a house?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TK-42-1 posted:

Didn’t one of tesla’s installs burn down a house?

also, a wal-mart

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
multiple walmarts

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jabor posted:

yeah we all saw that scene at the end of the first fast and furious movie

ive only seen tokyo drift

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
Caused fires on the roofs of multiple Walmarts

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
rooves

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

MomJeans420 posted:

Do you reply with all the people on twitter complaining about their poo poo tesla solar install that tesla won't come fix?

There's no point.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Is this about the "I Lived onna powerwall for a month!!!!" article? Because that's floating around at work

The rough estimate of cost for that system I'm seeing is $100k

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Jonny 290 posted:

i know, Reddit, but r/solar is completely ruined now because tesla stans think anything but $12,000 powerwalls is a scrub bullshit solar setup, and you're an idiot for going with one of those other guys that's been doing this for decades. they just mob any criticism with the exact same lines that the car owners use

i’m 100% sure that musk has been employing bot networks / astroturfing reddit. the cars have been suspicious enough but i can accept that a lot of the engagement at this point is organic, but the solar roof has almost no install base and what has been installed has been widely panned as a mess. he’s going to gaslight that site into buying his stuff and to be honest it worked with his cars so why not his solar stuff too?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
nah i think people just believe the hype and then you combine that with how reddit works and its just a nightmare.

the solution is just to stay the gently caress off reddit.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Nomnom Cookie posted:

theres a song about this. sting song i think. hold on

they dance alone?

edit: I mean that was about pinochet disappearing people so yean

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Nov 11, 2019

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ambient oatmeal posted:

Is this about the "I Lived onna powerwall for a month!!!!" article? Because that's floating around at work

The rough estimate of cost for that system I'm seeing is $100k

Wonder how long it'd take to recoup that.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Depends on electricity costs but the math floating around says 30 years

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
tesla's installs started so many roof fires that wal-mart sued them for negligence, asking a court to force tesla to remove all of the solar panel installs from wal-mart stores

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
tesla had to send workers around with rolls of masking tape to mark 'hot spots' on the panels where they were eventually catching fire. we have had solar panels for over 40 years as commodity items and no other solar company has ever had to do anything remotely like this

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

just give me a tattoo of this guy right on my rear end. yeah i want the dick spaceship on there too

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

I wonder how hard it is to find a Bazinga tattooist or if someone got stuck inking some weirdo who wouldn't shut up about how cool ol musky is

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Jonny 290 posted:

tesla had to send workers around with rolls of masking tape to mark 'hot spots' on the panels where they were eventually catching fire. we have had solar panels for over 40 years as commodity items and no other solar company has ever had to do anything remotely like this

lmao i didn't hear about that part

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

don’t forget to throw in the altered carbon library

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

CombatTheory, how in the devil would failure of the control circuits for my secondary air injector rob me of power? My understanding was that, for relatively modern cars, secondary Injection is just there to help burn incomplete emission products while the catalytic converter is still cold

I can understand an emission system like EGR loving things up because it actually affects the composition of air in the cylinders, but shouldn't secondary Injection kinda...not affect anything upstream?

:tesla:

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 11, 2019

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Potato Salad posted:

CombatTheory, how in the devil would failure of the control circuits for my secondary air injector rob me of power? My understanding was that, for relatively modern cars, secondary Injection is just there to help burn incomplete emission products while the catalytic converter is still cold

I can understand an emission system like EGR loving things up because it actually affects the composition of air in the cylinders, but shouldn't secondary Injection kinda...not affect anything upstream?

Because its loving with your O2 sensors downstream, which are reading the now increased emissions and the ECU is trying to compensate, usually badly.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

love the roof but...

https://twitter.com/ftwhiskey/status/1193928088226152451?s=20

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Jonny 290 posted:

There's no point.

"past performance doesn't equal future results"
"yes it does"
"so all tesla's solar stuff will catch fire?"
"no not like that"

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sagebrush posted:

he also could literally be flying the TBM himself, since he has a PPL single/multi and an IFR rating (though his medical is way expired)

what kind of loser billionaire has a pilot's license and doesn't loving fly himself around

one with an ambien habit

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

reminder: ol' musky's only formal training is an undergraduate degree in economics and his professional job experience prior to becoming a silicon valley investor type is in web dev.

you know, things symbolized by libraries, circuit boards and rockets

i'm the HOLE

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

one with an ambien habit

that's a good point. i always forget that all these billionaires are drugged out of their minds 25 hours a day and that's one thing on which the FAA will absolutely not budge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh i guarantee you the tesla board bans him from flying himself