Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

GutBomb posted:

“Yeah he’s a scumbag, but he gets things done, have you seen the economy?” - A reasonable person I know.

There’s no way he doesn’t get re-elected.

Fatalism and complacency are equally bad attitudes. We don’t know what will happen, but we can work to change the outcome. We’re all factors in what happens in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Eschenique posted:

Please for the love of god stick with KAG. Make KAG Trumps 2020 election slogan.

Go down to those redneck states and tell the unemployed miners that America is now Great and ask for their votes to Keep America Great.

To those people America is Great because Trump is President. They pretty much flipped from America = Terrible to America = Great as soon as the scary Obama was gone and Trump was there instead.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Eschenique posted:

Then why are people constantly talking about Trumps Wall in present tense then all over the media?

Please drop it. He didn't build the wall.

GutBomb posted:

“Yeah he’s a scumbag, but he gets things done, have you seen the economy?” - A reasonable person I know.

There’s no way he doesn’t get re-elected.

That person is not reasonable.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Ague Proof posted:

His hot take is that Corbyn wants a catastrophic Brexit to happen and to have the Tories take the blame.

Corbyn is a lifelong Euroskeptic so if you view Corbyn exclusively through the lens of Brexit (which is sucking the oxygen out of the room for everything else because Brexit is a big deal) and operate from the cynical perspective that politicians don't have actual beliefs (which most pundits take as an article of faith) Corbyn's approach to Brexit is really weird.

It's a bad analysis but you can see how they arrive at it.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Eschenique posted:

That's really not the impression I got

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGuaoARJYU0&t=4325s

He compares fixing climate change to a good investment where not investing means everyone dies. So obviously capital will invest in it.

Except that it's not like that. It's more like "invest now or your great, great, grandchildren dies" and I don't credit capital with that kind of long term thinking.

I really am not seeing what the difference is but ok. Your complaint seems to boil down to ‘he’s offering analysis under a capitalist framework therefore guillotine’ which.... ok?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Also I have no clue where you’re getting ‘we don’t have to worry about climate change because our capitalist masters will handle it’ at all because he seems to think it’s a pretty serious problem!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

moths posted:

Apparently Fox really cares about Popeye's now.

I don't know if it's because they represent a threat to the chick-fil-a ethnostate, they found a higher pitched dogwhistle for Breitbart's old "black crime" section, or what though.

People are learning that the best fast-fried chicken joint also makes the best fast fried chicken sandwich and people are going nuts. Like literally, some woman stabbed (got stabbed?) over a fender bender in the drive through. I think she was black so you can bet they jumped on an opportunity to press this story to every corner of the world since it involves: poors, blacks, and fried chickens.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Chilichimp posted:

Please drop it. He didn't build the wall.

That person is not reasonable.

That person supports concentration camps and the severe persecution of anyone not like them in the name of greed. gently caress them.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

CuddleCryptid posted:

It will end up in one. You don't really think that Trump is going to get to just walk away from this, do you?

touche

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Eschenique posted:

People are still like "Oh Trump will totally lose this time because he didn't keep his promises"

It doesn't matter if he didn't keep his promises. This country is full of craven, racist, religious morons that only care about "beating the liberals". Every time I feel like that maybe it isn't this way and we may not be in crazytown in hellworld something happens to send me right back in to the abyss.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Trump promised to be super racist and a bigoted rear end in a top hat all around, which is what they most wanted, and he's drat well delivering on that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishmech posted:

Trump promised to be super racist and a bigoted rear end in a top hat all around, which is what they most wanted, and he's drat well delivering on that.

Yeah, that doesn't mean I have to give him any credit for "fulfilling his campaign promises".

He promised all kinds of dumb poo poo that hasn't happened, and most of his actions have actively hurt the things he promised and managed to get delivered.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 14, 2019

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, that doesn't mean I have to give him any credit for "fulfilling his campaign promises".

He promised all kinds of dumb poo poo that hasn't happened, and most of his actions have actively hurt the things he promised and managed to get delivered.

Seriously though: his promises were just that he'd be a belligerent rear end in a top hat and make racists and idiots feel good about being racists and idiots. All he has to do is keep saying the right stuff. That's all it's ever been about.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Minenfeld! posted:

Seriously though: his promises were just that he'd be a belligerent rear end in a top hat and make racists and idiots feel good about being racists and idiots. All he has to do is keep saying the right stuff. That's all it's ever been about.

It's really more that his campaign promises, the economy, the military, and the goverment are all meanginless tropes to republicans. The ~only~ thing they care about is normalizing racism.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Chilichimp posted:

It's really more that his campaign promises, the economy, the military, and the goverment are all meanginless tropes to republicans. The ~only~ thing they care about is normalizing racism.

Right, I can acknowledge that “the wall” was more figurative and his people don’t really care if it literally exists. That still doesn’t mean I “gotta hand it to him” regarding honesty.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

gently caress South Park

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

gently caress South Park

Oh wow the shithead libertarians who claimed they made fun of global warming because "the science wasn't settled" (when it totally was) are still shithead libertarians? SAY IT ISN'T SO.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I remember a couple of vapid "Breadtubers" (gently caress me what a stupid term) were falling all over themselves to talk about how "SOUTH PARK HAS TOTALLY SHIFTED TO THE LEFT, GUYS" and here we are, ell-oh-ell.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Angry_Ed posted:

Oh wow the shithead libertarians who claimed they made fun of global warming because "the science wasn't settled" (when it totally was) are still shithead libertarians? SAY IT ISN'T SO.

Like I said, Matt Stone and Trey Parker were never really sorry for anything they did, like all good Republicans they were just temporarily embarrassed they got caught.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

I understand and appreciate electing officials based on ideas, not identity. That being said, when you really don't have a lot of diversity between elected members of your party, well...

gently caress South Park

This is pleasant and not at all infuriating.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

nine-gear crow posted:

Like I said, Matt Stone and Trey Parker were never really sorry for anything they did, like all good Republicans they were just temporarily embarrassed they got caught.

Remember when they said they wouldn't talk about trump at all for a season or two because it would be "too political"?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

gently caress South Park

Not cool to post pokemon spoilers, not everyone knew about gigantimax garbodor.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jurgan posted:

Right, I can acknowledge that “the wall” was more figurative and his people don’t really care if it literally exists. That still doesn’t mean I “gotta hand it to him” regarding honesty.

I'm with you on that, man.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

BiggerBoat posted:

Man, been a while since I heard a genuine Soros blast.

Guess now I know why he's been so quiet; talking over the FBI and the state department.

Still haven't received my Soros checks for posting his bidding on this forum though.

After election day a couple weeks back my local morning RW radio shitwipe was going about how Soros flipped Virgina.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

moths posted:

Apparently Fox really cares about Popeye's now.

I don't know if it's because they represent a threat to the chick-fil-a ethnostate, they found a higher pitched dogwhistle for Breitbart's old "black crime" section, or what though.

A white boomer lady acquired a body slam after a prolonged tantrum tossing around the word they love to say (in private), so of course Fox News gives a poo poo.

stringless fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Nov 15, 2019

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

god the popeyes thing has been outing racists in my local fb groups

mcdonalds cartoon sauce craze: "oh those wacky kids, being weird about their sauce!"

popeyes sandwich craze: "look out you will get stabbed"

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I can personally attest that South Park was partially responsible for a resurgence in anti-Semitism.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Ague Proof posted:

I can personally attest that South Park was partially responsible for a resurgence in anti-Semitism.

hold on, are you claiming that "loving jew" is a problematic phrase!?

if so i'm going to have to see literally all of the entire run of South Park in a different light and i don't like that idea

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Southpark introduced millennial's to all the bonkers Jewish stereotypes their parents tried to forget

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Doesn't someone beat a redhead up like once a year because of their kick a ginger day ep?

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

What was the deal with their unironic grudge against Family Guy anyway?

My guess is that Family Guy made them realize that Southpark had "peaked" and that Family Guy heights of fame and wealth was something they couldn't gradually work themselves up to.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

family guy sucked and managed to have writing even lazier than south park so they couldn’t help it

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

seth macfarlane does funnier voices than trey parker and matt stone can do

it's that simple

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

Doesn't someone beat a redhead up like once a year because of their kick a ginger day ep?

I just looked up this episode and uh

Wikipedia posted:

In the episode, a man tells Stan and Kyle "If you really don't want to have ginger kids, marry an Asian woman. Asians don't carry the recessive gene. I know a guy who's marrying a Japanese woman very soon for just that reason." This is an intentional reference to Parker doing the same thing in real life. He once had a girlfriend whose mother had red hair, and ended the relationship to avoid having redheaded children, and even admitted to harboring what he described as racial prejudice against gingers. He later married Emma Sugiyama, a Japanese woman.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

VitalSigns posted:

holy loving yikes

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

VitalSigns posted:

As a white man who has two kids with a Chinese woman, bullshit. They absolutely have recessive genes. My half Asian kids both have blonde hair and blue eyes.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Of loving course

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1195242202189959168

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
xposted from USPOL: https://twitter.com/carIisIe/status/1195139523325440000 hahahahaha

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

The only thing less shocking than Owens' take is that there are a ton of people in the replys who are convinced that 15 year olds are emotionally mature enough to sign contracts. :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Keeshhound posted:

The only thing less shocking than Owens' take is that there are a ton of people in the replys who are convinced that 15 year olds are emotionally mature enough to sign contracts. :thunk:

How many of them are Libertarians?