Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Drink?
This poll is closed.
Water 32 26.67%
Tea 21 17.50%
Soda 28 23.33%
Alcoholic 22 18.33%
I dunno 17 14.17%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I agree ibram is historys greatest monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

watermelongun sitting at the "pedo posting should be banned, change my mind" desk and getting increasingly irate that everyone already agrees

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Are you stupid enough to think everyone reads every single thread, let alone a 15 year old megathread for some 30 year old series? Get real.

you’re definitely reading this one, on the very top of this subforum, which has multiple people decrying the bans and probably aren’t going to be punished at all.

like is anything going to be done about this dude posting whatever the hell this is?

Nathilus posted:

Why can't it be legitimate slavery? =(
which was also already brought up in the qcs thread. dealing with extremely hosed up poo poo like that seems more important than me than getting mad at me for hurting your feelings. i’m sure i could find more if i looked but i don’t really want to, the burden of cleaning out your bad posters is on you guys unless you want people to keep ruining your cartoon threads.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

WatermelonGun posted:

you’re definitely reading this one, on the very top of this subforum, which has multiple people decrying the bans and probably aren’t going to be punished at all.

like is anything going to be done about this dude posting whatever the hell this is?

which was also already brought up in the qcs thread. like dealing with extremely hosed up poo poo like that seems more important than me than getting mad at me for hurting your feelings. i’m sure i could find more if i looked but i don’t really want to, the burden of cleaning out your bad posters is on you guys unless you want people to keep ruining your cartoon threads.
did you try reporting the post

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Endorph posted:

quote this post if you think loli fans shouldnt be allowed to post here

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Endorph posted:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

lol at both hurting your feelings and the terrible threat of boring gbs tier posters stirring up drama if random posters dont acquiesce to monitor random threads they dont read

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

WatermelonGun posted:

which was also already brought up in the qcs thread. dealing with extremely hosed up poo poo like that seems more important than me than getting mad at me for hurting your feelings. i’m sure i could find more if i looked but i don’t really want to, the burden of cleaning out your bad posters is on you guys unless you want people to keep ruining your cartoon threads.

idk who that weirdo is. i dont read the Isekai Megathread because isekai is poo poo. Sorry, OP.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Endorph posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Elephant Parade posted:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Methinks the actual source of the problem here is that theres multiple threads here with posters who exclusively post in those singular threads and nowhere else in the subforum, thus no one notices them for long amounts of time.

People should probably report when that kind of garbage though though, Cheers everyone, we did it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

Yes hi the isekai thread is garbage like all isekai, which is why I and a lot of anime posters don’t post in it

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Elephant Parade posted:

You need platinum to report posts or to send pms. You can email mods from the modlist if there's something urgent to bring up with them however. Anyways I submitted a report on the post, and it informed me an alert was sent to the modderators (meaning none of the people whining about it in qcs reported it :bravo: )

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

WatermelonGun posted:

like yeah i don’t know any of you and only really read the gunpla thread but based on this first impression i really don’t think you’ve created a culture here i want any part of.

look uh, like, have you seen the culture of most of this site? like uh, people are racist, homophobic, transphobic and sexist all the time and get away with it as long as they make sure not to use slurs and present themselves as a not off kilter. now to be clear i am not saying this is an excuse for like, anything ever posted in here, but i this type of selective targeting suggests you don't actually really care about well, how deeply rooted all of something awful's culture is and that some aspects of this are a bit performative for you.

join me in arms, let us destroy the imperial bootlickers in goons in platoons. then we shall purge the firing range.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I will also say that I do think Wark Say is a nice kind mod to a fault and the last part does merit some consideration.

Most posters here were around for the Zorak years and while he was a loving rear end in a top hat sometimes he was also a necessary evil.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yes hi the isekai thread is garbage like all isekai, which is why I and a lot of anime posters don’t post in it
theres two isekai threads, one for posting about actually good isekai and one for irony posting about gross stuff. this is from the second one. not that irony is an excuse for stupid posts but

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

theres two isekai threads, one for posting about actually good isekai and one for irony posting about gross stuff. this is from the second one. not that irony is an excuse for stupid posts but

Let the record also show that tons of people called that poster poo poo and said the thread was a bad idea, and then never read it after.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Also you’re a bad faith loving rear end in a top hat and it’s super blatant so do try to squeeze whatever blood you got from your sick own stone for your FYAD friends and please :getout:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Also you’re a bad faith loving rear end in a top hat and it’s super blatant so do try to squeeze whatever blood you got from your sick own stone for your FYAD friends and please :getout:

goons in platoons seems chill to me and that posters not fyad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

Let the record also show that tons of people called that poster poo poo and said the thread was a bad idea, and then never read it after.

yeah and also it seems to have moved on from whatever gimmick the op was doing, i dotn see any posts like that on the last two pages of it. dude should get smacked if he posts like that in there again tho.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Elephant Parade posted:

i don’t post here and i don’t have plat because i don’t want pms from goons. you guys need to be reporting posts like that instead of ignoring them, that’s my whole loving point. if you need more mods or iks or whatever you guys need to figure it out. like one poster said earlier, it’s a slow moving sub. i don’t really care if you don’t read the offending threads, you’re posting next to them and you should know that you are the company you keep. sharkopaths’s attitude about having a bunch of criminals as posting buddies is exactly the type of poo poo that needs to stop.

Snooze Cruise posted:

look uh, like, have you seen the culture of most of this site? like uh, people are racist, homophobic, transphobic and sexist all the time and get away with it as long as they make sure not to use slurs and present themselves as a not off kilter. now to be clear i am not saying this is an excuse for like, anything ever posted in here, but i this type of selective targeting suggests you don't actually really care about well, how deeply rooted all of something awful's culture is and that some aspects of this are a bit performative for you.

join me in arms, let us destroy the imperial bootlickers in goons in platoons. then we shall purge the firing range.

this place can always strive to be better and has changed very much since i got here and even more since you got here. i like it here, i do not like posting anywhere else on the internet so i don’t. that doesn’t mean i have to be chill about what went down or how dismissive the mods and posters have been about what is obv a deeply rooted issue here if it goes unnoticed for so long.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

goons in platoons seems chill to me and that posters not fyad

He also doesn’t merit the effort to me of digging through his posts to confirm

Endorph posted:

Honestly that should probably be re-evaluated and Shield Hero should be banned from the loving forums

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

WatermelonGun posted:

i don’t post here and i don’t have plat because i don’t want pms from goons. you guys need to be reporting posts like that instead of ignoring them, that’s my whole loving point. if you need more mods or iks or whatever you guys need to figure it out. like one poster said earlier, it’s a slow moving sub. i don’t really care if you don’t read the offending threads, you’re posting next to them and you should know that you are the company you keep. sharkopaths’s attitude about having a bunch of criminals as posting buddies is exactly the type of poo poo that needs to stop.

this place can always strive to be better and has changed very much since i got here and even more since you got here. i like it here, i do not like posting anywhere else on the internet so i don’t. that doesn’t mean i have to be chill about what went down or how dismissive the mods and posters have been about what is obv a deeply rooted issue here if it goes unnoticed for so long.

do you have a single fact to back that up

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

number one:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

WatermelonGun posted:

i report posts like that when i see them. iunno what you want me to do, go through every single thread looking for stuff to report? gbs and pyf and poo poo are filled with racism, people don't expect the guys who post in those forums to go through every single thread reporting everything they see.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Gonna go spy on the romance manga thread to make sure nothing untoward is happening, like a good Christian neighbour

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

don't think you know the culture because he's my pal

heres a picture

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

don't think you know the culture, he's my pal

heres a picture

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

no legit where did i start talking about my loving criminal commune

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Thinking about the literal genocide denier tankie mod in D&D

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

nobody is supposed to know about my gang of churlish pickpockets

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Julias posted:

You need platinum to report posts or to send pms. You can email mods from the modlist if there's something urgent to bring up with them however. Anyways I submitted a report on the post, and it informed me an alert was sent to the modderators (meaning none of the people whining about it in qcs reported it :bravo: )

cool, thank you for reporting it

Sharkopath posted:

number one:

fact the first you’re real loving mad at me, fact 2 you didn’t report the dudes itt being apologists did you? you got plat you push the button. surely doesn’t take too long.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

WatermelonGun posted:

cool, thank you for reporting it

fact the first you’re real loving mad at me, fact 2 you didn’t report the dudes itt being apologists did you? you got plat you push the button. surely doesn’t take too long.

thats terror

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE HELL YEAH DIDNT THINK THEY WOULD DO IT

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

im ecstatic

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the secret is i post a lot when posting is fun and right now it is VERY fun

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009