Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

What’s wild about the roster thing is Orange Cassidy is out there still working his full indie schedule.

Well he’s a hot property

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I’m talking about the bits of it we know about: Penelope Ford and Sadie Gibbs don’t work indies and they’re both very green; Nyla Rose as well is someone who’s very green although benefitted from those tours of Marvelous. I’d include Allie in that but she’s been wrestling for ten years so it might just be that she stinks but perhaps you include her in this conversation. Look at New Japan with their excursions and treat it like that; use your international partners (AAA in Mexico and you’ve got a million possibilities in Japan: they have a relationship with DDT, they’ve got the owner of Gatoh Move under contract and Emi Sakura is known to be a great trainer, possibly you have connections with Stardom, for Nyla Rose perhaps you see if she and Marvelous are interested in renewing that relationship and as of September they both were friendly so I guess so) to help with developing your rookies and perhaps help them out with theirs as well.

The people that do work internationally regularly are the people who’re not the problem: Bea Priestley, Jamie Hayter, Riho etc are all good pro wrestlers who work internationally as their primary job for the first two and to augment her AEW bookings for the latter, it’s not for ring time. If they sign them more experienced people then frankly it gives them the chance to send people off to get better since they aren’t needed to fill out cards.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This week's F4D is incredible. Tom just needling Bryan until he loses his mind :allears:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MassRafTer posted:

This couldn't be more off base.

:thejoke:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

make every match in aew a intergender match, so simple hire me tony

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I did not notice this and wish I had before my drive home. Gotta try to work it in tomorrow.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Dango Bango posted:

This week's F4D is incredible. Tom just needling Bryan until he loses his mind :allears:

It really is incredible how the writing in the last few years has managed to get so much worse that Bryan gets almost no joy from WWE.

Can someone link Talk is Jericho with Fumi Saito?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Dango Bango posted:

Now that it's on Mondays I always forget to listen until I run out of other podcasts.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wazzu posted:

It really is incredible how the writing in the last few years has managed to get so much worse that Bryan gets almost no joy from WWE.

Can someone link Talk is Jericho with Fumi Saito?

It's on The Observer/Figure Four, not Talk is Jericho (so no Omaha steaks)

https://www.f4wonline.com/pacific-rim-pro-wrestling-podcast/free-show-pacific-rim-chris-jericho-297611

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bryan steak-cheating on Dave had better make the Best Of this year.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jericho references that it's a follow up to having Fumi on his podcast. I'll search for it later.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
It was a preview show of wrestle kingdom this year.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wazzu posted:

Jericho references that it's a follow up to having Fumi on his podcast. I'll search for it later.

Ah sorry, I missed that.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

What really shows how well Jericho knows his stuff is when he was going through the list of dream matches, I was excited for so many of them immediately. He's got me hooked on Jericho/Ishii already without even starting the program.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jericho suggesting Jericho/Omega vs. Okada/Tanahashi got me super-excited for a match that will probably never happen :negative:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Bryan's promo on F4D about the inherent patheticness of watching WWE programming is top notch

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Dango Bango posted:

It was so good. I unironically like Tom.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Seams posted:

It was so good. I unironically like Tom.

I love Tom because usually on the podcasts Bryan plays the antagonist who somewhat bullies people like Producer Rob or Vinny or Craig - so when Filthy is on, not only does he provide this very dry sense of humor, he can out-bully Bryan in a way that either comes across as "the bigger kid" or "the even cooler friend in the clubhouse"

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

WOR is The Dave Tangent Hour.

E:
Bryan: Why is everyone fighting?
Dave: Well everyone got t-shirts for their birthday...

njsykora fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Nov 19, 2019

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I'm listening to old Retro Nitro reviews that I somehow missed my first time around and Bryan tells this great story about Kanyon. He calls Bryan up, says I have $100 riding on this bet and I know you will know this. Is Fritz von Erich alive or dead? Bryan says well I hope you win your bet but Fritz is dead. Then there's a pause and Kanyon screams"I told you he was alive!" and hangs up.

It came up in a discussion of wrestlers who, whatever else you can say about them, will be your best buddies if you are ever in the same room with them. Examples were Kevin Nash and Ric Flair. But Kanyon seems like somebody everybody liked all the time.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

NikkolasKing posted:

I'm listening to old Retro Nitro reviews that I somehow missed my first time around and Bryan tells this great story about Kanyon. He calls Bryan up, says I have $100 riding on this bet and I know you will know this. Is Fritz von Erich alive or dead? Bryan says well I hope you win your bet but Fritz is dead. Then there's a pause and Kanyon screams"I told you he was alive!" and hangs up.

It came up in a discussion of wrestlers who, whatever else you can say about them, will be your best buddies if you are ever in the same room with them. Examples were Kevin Nash and Ric Flair. But Kanyon seems like somebody everybody liked all the time.

Ahahah I forgot about this story is amazing.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Kanyon was the best.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

NikkolasKing posted:

idgi. Does Kanyon just think Bryan is wrong all the time?

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
That reminds me of the time Kanyon showed up randomly at a college house party after a WCW house show. He just hung out and drank with us, then left us tickets at will call for Nitro on Monday.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Pollyanna posted:

Kanyon didn't get the answer he was hoping for but pretended he did in order to win a bet.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

He realized he lost the bet but as he was the one on the phone and placed the call so he could just lie to everyone else. This was pre-google.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

You make a bet, you call to ask an expert for the answer, the person you made the bet with can't hear their answer, it doesn't matter what Bryan would have said, Kanyon would have reacted like he had just won. An easy 100 bux.

Edit: beaten

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I like my version better :mad:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Dave: If someone knocked on my door I'd have to finish my set first

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

OctoberCountry posted:

Dave: If someone knocked on my door I'd have to finish my set first

This bit was great

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
The Black thing sounds like a shot at Darby Allin and how he said if wwe signed him they’d just have him jerk off in a dark room.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

CopywrightMMXI posted:

The Black thing sounds like a shot at Darby Allin and how he said if wwe signed him they’d just have him jerk off in a dark room.

wow they sure showed him

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Aleister's segments would be improved if he were actually just standing in the dark pounding off. Maybe to YouTube recaps of the cuck angle. Yo, Vince, call me.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jericho on Pacific Rim was good but not as good as Waltman. I was hoping for more personal stories of hanging out with Fumi and they ended up talking more about his career in Japan.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TheKingslayer posted:

Aleister's segments would be improved if he were actually just standing in the dark pounding off. Maybe to YouTube recaps of the cuck angle. Yo, Vince, call me.

Aleister and Darby should recreate The Lighthouse, scene for scene

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Kanyon‘a story is so tragic on so many levels, and I bet he woulda been incredible on commentary in any promotion that would have him. fella sounds like an absolute hoot.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fauxhawk Express posted:

wow they sure showed him
lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Giggly Dave was amazing on that Black segment

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Can't wait until Aleister Black is defending his masturbation storyline with YouTube views.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

What’s wild about the roster thing is Orange Cassidy is out there still working his full indie schedule.

hes the hardest working man on that roster