Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Drink?
This poll is closed.
Water 32 26.67%
Tea 21 17.50%
Soda 28 23.33%
Alcoholic 22 18.33%
I dunno 17 14.17%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Oh wow, that summary. That's the product of someone who played support in MMOs and it broke their brain.

Also, semi-related to something above:

Surprising good (if you like fighters) SNES anime game - Gundam Wing: Endless Duel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Surprising good (if you like fighters) SNES anime game - Gundam Wing: Endless Duel

A very very very good game with a bunch of weird depth in places (mainly stuff like the vernier jumps and glides). Kinda wish it got as much scene support as Sailor Moon S but hey.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

A very very very good game with a bunch of weird depth in places (mainly stuff like the vernier jumps and glides). Kinda wish it got as much scene support as Sailor Moon S but hey.

I still listen to its version of the opening theme sometimes, because the game generally had good music, and it reminds me of my times downloading MIDI versions of songs I liked in the days of 56k modems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vykaLmOAKow

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Endorph posted:

things dont get anime based on some objective measure of quality or what will appeal to the most people and considering the director has never directed an anime before and his previous credits include such awe-inspiring feats as

and

its not as if theyve assembled japans top minds for the project. it will be a cheap trashy late night anime for a cheap trashy ip, seven people will watch it, and itll make two 1 yen coins of profit because of uncensored BDs. theres no point getting worked up over it.

Depends on if Crunchy decides to put all their money behind this one. Seems like their wheelhouse lately.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

I saw one of the area 88 ovas and I dont think I like it.

Area 88 has great art and a good premise but it lacks character. I watched the 2004 anime and I only remember the anime original character because she actually had stuff going on

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Song and album for shark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt7amC0emmQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wRQhtVjJFc

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gNGaoyQPBY

Area 88 2004 has a killer ost though

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Waffleman_ posted:

Depends on if Crunchy decides to put all their money behind this one. Seems like their wheelhouse lately.
pretty sure that if CR was going to fund the project, they already would have, allowing for a better director?

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Oh wow, that summary. That's the product of someone who played support in MMOs and it broke their brain.

Also, semi-related to something above:

i played the crap out of that on zsnes when i was a kid

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

I don't have high standards for isekai, and actually liked Goblin Slayer (aside from some real bad backgrounds in parts), but this series I NOPED the hell out of real fast.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

The synopsis does not build confidence, but how bad exactly does this one get since I'm not familiar with it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Who's going to make the hatewatch thread and religiously follow it every week while calling it gross

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

doomrider7 posted:

The synopsis does not build confidence, but how bad exactly does this one get since I'm not familiar with it.
Imagine Shield Hero, then turn up the edge and gore to eleven and assume everyone is an insufferable psycho.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Looking forward to another three months of discourse! Thinking about workshopping my approach in advance--how does "says they're watching it to chronicle the bad parts but actually enjoys them" sound? I want to make sure I have a niche.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm not going to engage with it whether there's a thread or not. It's fine not to have a take on something :)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Who's going to make the hatewatch thread and religiously follow it every week while calling it gross

Me

I won't actually watch it though

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Why don't we, you know, watch shows we actually enjoy? Just throwing that out there.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Grouchio posted:

Imagine Shield Hero, then turn up the edge and gore to eleven and assume everyone is an insufferable psycho.

So basically another show that Crunchyroll will back and/or throw their entire marketing muscle behind then.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
lets all agree not to hate watch the show right now.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

doomrider7 posted:

Skeevy mind control to make the object of your vengeance adore you.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

who cares

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
piss

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I clicked ahead randomly on the album and thought it was an acoustic cover of a yes song and got really excited

this album rules

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

were not going to have a thread for that thing and anytime somebody posts asking where the thread is to drop off their two cents theyre going to get probied

i have a secret backchannel to the mod

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

lol

https://mangadex.org/title/39174/en-and-yukari

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Motto posted:

who cares

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm drunk sorry

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I drank too much last night and then somebody set off the fire alarm in my building at like 3 AM, and let me tell you that's not a fun combination.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

to be fair to redo of healer, it made me laugh very hard

the premise is that the protag trained healing magic so hard he can use healing magic to do anything he wants, so you'd think that'd lead to creative fight solutions or something. what it actually leads to is him saying 'healing fireball' and then shooting a regular rear end fireball. i almost respect the author giving that little of a poo poo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

judging by the reaction itt it seems more likely to get an incredibly ill-advised containment thread for whatever sort of jackoff olympics happened with the similar goblin slayer one

instead of just, being normal and disliking the show but not obsessing over it and how other people may or may not be watching it and whether they should even be allowed to post about it etc

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

nobody should post about it, i'm adamant about it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i gave up the fight over goblin slayer and that ended up used against the forum when the berserk stuff happened

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

nobody cool will have anything useful to say about it and instead some fucker is just going to walk the tightrope and either watch it religiously and detail all the awful poo poo for other lookyloos or genuinely appreciate it and try to argue its merits in a thread

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i'm calling in an artillery regiment and holding this hill

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

yeah thats a king, you think you can deal with a king?? i dont think so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009