Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

GABA ghoul posted:

Still no idea what the Bauerproteste are about. Every interview is just the same empty rambling about the Regierung needing to talk with the Bauer not about the Bauer. Every YouTube comment is some batshit insane variation of Merkel muss weg, Bauer are the only real Germans left, starve the lazy Green cities to death, etc. If there is a point to the protests, they are really bad at bringing it across.

I guess it's about having to lower nitratwerte and one half of them complains about the nitratwerte being made up by fake new and, the other half complains that they can't turn a profit with their inefficient family farm if they actually have to follow laws and not poison the ground water? How close am I?

1) Bauern are kleinkonservative Handlanger der Reaktion all of whose specific positions derive from their ultimate goals of being in Ruhe gelassen forever and not having to change.

2) Bauer sein isn't just a job, it's ~a way of life~, according to Bauern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
It is evil how the politicians are forcing the poor farmers to have to stop using quality fertilizer, forcing them to only use regular fertilizer that has much lower chance of yielding gold star crops. That together with criticisms on filling the animal barns full of kegs for making ancient fruit wine, reducing the space animals have inside, shows the big city folks do not care at all if the last upgrades from Joja Mart get purchased.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I actually and honestly believed that at this point Bauernproteste are just a thing that happens because Bauern consider themselves a specific and almost homogeneous group of people that deserve special treatment and are permanently unhappy with the special treatment they already receive, resulting in them protesting against whatever just because.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

It's about a world that's leaving them behind. Urbanization and tech progress are continuing and you're sitting in Postopfen, MeckPomm and watching pigs gently caress. Used to be that you'd have leverage with your local CSU or whatever but even that's been fading and the young people are all eating Mexican Chia and making GBS threads on you for killing the bees.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 29, 2019

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I don't want to be a dick. I'm sure there are a lot of cool Bauer and a lot of genuinely tragic cases but my general understanding of the situation is that due to state intervention/"handouts" there are massive overcapacities in agriculture and pig/chicken/cow factories and these overcapacities mixed with neo-liberal reforms have created disgusting and destructive practices that need to go and I didn't cry about the local Bäckers, Schuhmacher or plague doctor closing down so it would be inconsistent to cry about Bauer going out of business now.

Einbauschrank posted:

They are complaining that city dwellers don‘t understand them.

Yetha, that's what I:m complaining about too so I guess we've found our common ground

aphid_licker posted:

It's about a world that's leaving them behind. Urbanization and tech progress are continuing and you're sitting in Postopfen, MeckPomm and watching pigs gently caress. Used to be that you'd have leverage with your local CSU or whatever but even that's been fading and the young people are all eating Mexican Chia and making GBS threads on you for killing the bees.

Sorry, but you are wrong on this one. They don't let the pigs gently caress at the pig factory, they insaminate them artificially

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

No wonder they're mad

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I think I accidentally just kicked off the 2020 chili season by buying two new 50W growth lamps, a heating pad for my growing house, fertilizer, and three new strains of chili seeds to go along with the hybrids I have from this year

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

aphid_licker posted:

Should have just kept the Arbeiter- und Bauernstaat smh

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I think I accidentally just kicked off the 2020 chili season by buying two new 50W growth lamps, a heating pad for my growing house, fertilizer, and three new strains of chili seeds to go along with the hybrids I have from this year

Which part of that was „accidental“ ?
Also link th Black Friday Angebote.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

cebrail posted:

Should have just kept the Arbeiter- und Bauernstaat smh

With Bauern making up only 0.5% of the population wouldn't a Baurernstaat be just a regular aristocracy?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Ob Twix mit Spekulatiengewürz ein würdiger Nachfolger für den flüchtigen Spekulatienduplo ist?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Mano posted:

Which part of that was „accidental“ ?
Also link th Black Friday Angebote.

The "accidental" part was me having had three Kloster Scheyern Export before ordering, thus probably putting the purchase on shaky legal footing. But it was all stuff I had planned to buy earlier this year and then passed on.
Okay, the 30W Heizmatte for my Anzuchthaus was an impulse-purchase, not even going to pretend here.

None of the stuff was in the Black Friday promotions, but I ended up "saving" about 40 bucks on the 133 Euroubles order. Quotation marks because lol @ the majority of the Black Friday promotions and their pricing.

I got two extra Anzuchtlampen at 40W each, two Fassungen with 3,5m Kabel to be able to hang them from the ceiling above my Fensterbank, the above-mentioned Heizmatte for a hands-off approach for my early Keimlinge, 50 Kokos-Quelltabs, and a liter of fertilizer tailored to capsicum annuum.
From https://www.pepperworldhotshop.com I ordered my new seeds, and then - bizarrely enough and entirely by chance - I ran into their Stand at the Food & Life messe in München today.

And that "entirely by chance" is not an exaggeration. A colleague from work hat free tickets for the "Heim & Handwerkmesse", so we decided to go, spent about 15 minutes there because it was boring as all hell, and then peaced out to the Fressen-Messe in the two Hallen next door. There, we proceeded to shovel obscene amounts of Probierhappen from all the cheese and Trockenfleisch stands into our face-holes, and suddenly, I spied with my little eye the Pepperworld Stand out of the corner of my eye, and paid them a visit.

The brother of my colleague thought I was putting on a show because he had been told by his brother that I was a "chili wizard", and then I engaged one of the two fine gentlemen at the Stand in a 20 minute in-depth conversation that went so deep into technicalities that he ended up being convinced I wasn't bullshitting. The Stand Vertreter actually was a fan of the "Peach Ghost Scorpion" (lol) strain I bought the night before, and gave me some pointers on how to grow and treat them. Halfway into our discussion, the guy started being honest about the soul-crushing reality of being a tiny onlineshop amidst a shitton of capitalist powerhouses, and was really happy about running into Messebesucher that don't just waltz by, grab a free sample, bag a flyer and then peace out.

I took along three of their chili sauces for a steal (A STEAL, I TELL YOU) of 17 Euros, wished them well, and then we continued on to a place where we got our names 3D printed in loving chocolate, because it's 2019, and of course we did.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Ze Partei went with Eskabolation. I voted for them but I'm not completely unsympathetic to the argument that what GroKo is currently doing is basically the best the German Wählerschaft as a whole will allow policywise or I wouldn't still be in this depressing-rear end Partei. So I'm pretty unenthusiastic about the whole thing but that's being in the SPD for ya.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Back in 2016 or so, when he was still Minister of Finance in NRW, he had a form letter attached to every income tax assessment. In it, he thanked you for the [amount] assessed as your income tax, described what it could theoretically fund and how that might sound high, but you should just accept it.

One month later, I got a second income tax assessment, in which they agreed that they illegally assessed my income tax too high by about €3,000. Oddly enough, no letter of Walter Borjans was attached.

So this is my Walter Borjans story. After the SPD didn't manage to kill me off with their "No food for the unemployed" policy, they tried to con me into paying thousands of euros in tax that I didn't own and tried to cover it up with a letter.

SPD delenda est. :colbert:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

aphid_licker posted:

Ze Partei went with Eskabolation. I voted for them but I'm not completely unsympathetic to the argument that what GroKo is currently doing is basically the best the German Wählerschaft as a whole will allow policywise or I wouldn't still be in this depressing-rear end Partei. So I'm pretty unenthusiastic about the whole thing but that's being in the SPD for ya.

Ah yes, the noble GroKo which would be so much better if not for the ~German Wählerschaft~ as a whole.

Stop trying to fool yourself. If you're still in the SPD after Schröder, Steinmeier, Sarrazin, Gabriel, Heil et al, you're in the SPD because you're a right-wing piece of poo poo, who wants to hurt poor people and foreigners.

Randler fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 30, 2019

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Serious question: what should I rather be doing? Join Linkspartei, Grüne, what's your Vorschlag?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Die Partei obviously

AfD Parteitag in Braunschweig is at least some level of :ironicat:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

aphid_licker posted:

Serious question: what should I rather be doing? Join Linkspartei, Grüne, what's your Vorschlag?

Grüne! We shall overcome pollution and save the world, even if we have to punch every single AfD and CSU voter, one by one, with our own fists!

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Kretschmann has been great for Ausländer and the poor, it's true

e: don't wanna just have us snipe at one another, would you say that the Grüne have a good Sozialpolitikprogramm all things considered?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Grüne in BaWü are a loving joke, the SPD is way more left here, especially the Jusos. Of course we're the best option.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

aphid_licker posted:

Linke. They are doing some pretty solid opposition work in Bundestag.

AFAIK they are also the only party with any kind of plan on fighting rising income inequality and child poverty. They give no poo poo about climate change but, let's be honest here, it's not like there is anything to expect from Groko or Grüne either on that issue so das gibt sich alles nichts. In conclusion 1) voting is a land of contrasts 2( vote linke

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Libluini posted:

Grüne! We shall overcome pollution and save the world, even if we have to punch every single AfD and CSU voter, one by one, with our own fists!

Sure you will.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Randler man say something concrete for once instead of just making GBS threads on people

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
I love Randler doing his thing

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

GABA ghoul posted:

Linke. They are doing some pretty solid opposition work in Bundestag.

AFAIK they are also the only party with any kind of plan on fighting rising income inequality and child poverty. They give no poo poo about climate change but, let's be honest here, it's not like there is anything to expect from Groko or Grüne either on that issue so das gibt sich alles nichts. In conclusion 1) voting is a land of contrasts 2( vote linke

Linke are also in fact the best climate party because of their anti-capitalist (and anti-growth) policies. Parties who support capitalism (and view economic growth as a goal) and the climate at the same time are charlatans and don't actually care seriously care about climate.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

oliwan posted:

Linke are also in fact the best climate party because of their anti-capitalist (and anti-growth) policies. Parties who support capitalism (and view economic growth as a goal) and the climate at the same time are charlatans and don't actually care seriously care about climate.

this

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Linke are a mixture of the Left Wing of the SPD (in case you were wondering why the SPD doesn't have one anymore) and SEDler in a new mask, though they'll be hopefully die out over time.

Still, they're kind of a mixed thing. From my view point basically the leftist mirror of the AfD, if it weren't for the genuine idealists for a better world diluting the evil in the party. In contrast, the AfD is filled with Hitlerians trying to invade Earth They Live! style, so please never vote for them, not even if you're an accelerationist.

Anyway, either vote Grüne (except for Baden Würtemberg, I think that's the place Crazy Guy McFuckerson is coming from. You know who I mean.) or Linke. Voting for SPD is like voting for the CDU, Linker Flügel Version, CDU is CDU and voting AfD would summon Hitler 4.0 back from Nazi Hell, so that's straight out.

If you somehow can't stand Grüne nor Linke, consider voting for Die Partei, this way at least someone can laugh about your funny voting hijinx, instead of wishing your death. That's always a downer

Or Die Tierschutzpartei. Then you can feel better about yourself while throwing your vote into the toilet and flushing!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

CSU is the prime climate party now, ask Söder about the future.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

oliwan posted:

100% correct

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Simply Simon posted:

Grüne in BaWü are a loving joke, the SPD is way more left here, especially the Jusos. Of course we're the best option.

Libluini posted:

The galaxy brain meme but both posts are universe brains.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

How the gently caress is oliwan making the most sense of anyone on this page, fuckin bizarrothread

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

oliwan posted:

And the Greens are proving that by throwing all their climate protection goals over board whenever the CDU calls for a coalition. They would have formed a government with Christian Lindner ffs

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Three simple step to fix German politics:

1. Ban everybody above 50 from holding political office.
2. Ban everybody from south of the Weißwurstäquator of every participating in Federal politics.
3. Disallow political parties from holding shares in newspapers and broadcasters.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Randler posted:

3. Disallow political parties from holding shares in newspapers and broadcasters.

Who does what now?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Linke is fine for internal matters but utopic for everything regarding foreign policy.
No wars ever is a nice goal but no oversea development regardless of nature is dumb.
Relationship with Russia does not need to be improved as Russia is the one constantly making it worse and every inch given will be used against us. With recent laws regarding the internet in Russia it's probably going to get a lot worse as well.

As for SPD being more left than greens, and jusos especially so - well duh.
That said, it really depends where the local Ortsverein is on the schizophrenic SPD scale that goes from "basically CDU separatists" to "Didn't leave for the Linke, yet"
Here the SPD tends to vote with the CDU while Greens tend to vote with the Linke. YMMV

The state greens are way too black, though I personally believe, and are probably wrong about it, that regardless of policies the fact that the greens took over government from the CDU ist still a good thing and maybe made them more viable to people throughout the country.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

genericnick posted:

Who (Political parties) does what now (holding major shareholdings in various press and broadcasting companies)?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Sereri posted:

Linke is fine for internal matters but utopic for everything regarding foreign policy.
No wars ever is a nice goal but no oversea development regardless of nature is dumb.

didn't think germans had an appetite for foreign military interventionism but hey you learn new things every day

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

The who was my question, yes? What parties own press in Germany? Usually you do it the other way around. For example in Austria, Raiffeisen has a stake in some of the biggest newspaper companies and also owns the conservative party's debt.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Libluini posted:

Linke are a mixture of the Left Wing of the SPD (in case you were wondering why the SPD doesn't have one anymore) and SEDler in a new mask, though they'll be hopefully die out over time.

Speaking of, I've been wondering for a while: What's the state of the alt-SEDler in the Linke these days? Where are they concentrated, what sort of policies are they pushing towards, that sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Mr. Lobe posted:

didn't think germans had an appetite for foreign military interventionism but hey you learn new things every day

Honestly it depends.

Giving weapons and training to the YPG, good.
Guarding turkey with Patriot rocket, unnecessary and bad.
Supporting nato partners on their soil so we can pretend to do something, net gain. Well most of the time as seen above.
Training security forces in irak seems to have been not so good, I think? I'm not well informed who's currently shooting up civilian protests.
Training missions in Afghanistan probably good, the rest is not and should have probably ended more than a decade ago.
UN missions are generally good, no?
Überfall auf Polen? Generally not well regarded. Well, outside "some" parts of the Bundeswehr.